http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 09:18:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dead Rising 2 Announced!!!  (Read 11640 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2009, 09:10:36 PM »

finished it now,well i have finished 72 hr mode i started overtime mode but was put right off

Spoiler for Hiden:
with all the special op guys in the supermarket,doesnt help that they respawn!!....one day i may come back to it

and Lettuce,you can't use the car from the carpark because of the barrier at the bottom of the ramp...the very same barrier that disappears after you have collected all the bombs disgust...it does have enough room in the middle of the barrier to get the bike through though,the car that is parked underground in the tunnles cannot be accessed until you have the maintance tunnel key(unless you go there from the entrance way(which is pointless),which you get after you deal with the bombs....but i did what the youtube vid did,go left straight away on the bike to get to the 5th truck ..and it was a cake walk,i got out and slashed Carlito as well
Spoiler for Hiden:
and got the supposed secret cut scene of Brad

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2009, 11:45:11 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 01, 2009, 09:10:36 PM

finished it now,well i have finished 72 hr mode i started overtime mode but was put right off

Spoiler for Hiden:
with all the special op guys in the supermarket,doesnt help that they respawn!!....one day i may come back to it

and Lettuce,you can't use the car from the carpark because of the barrier at the bottom of the ramp...the very same barrier that disappears after you have collected all the bombs disgust...it does have enough room in the middle of the barrier to get the bike through though,the car that is parked underground in the tunnles cannot be accessed until you have the maintance tunnel key(unless you go there from the entrance way(which is pointless),which you get after you deal with the bombs....but i did what the youtube vid did,go left straight away on the bike to get to the 5th truck ..and it was a cake walk,i got out and slashed Carlito as well
Spoiler for Hiden:
and got the supposed secret cut scene of Brad

The whole Carlito bomb mission made me go crazy, until I used the mini-chainsaws on him. Kills him in like three hits and then you can disable all the bombs at your leisure.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2009, 07:31:33 AM »

well,i did go back to it after finishing the 72 hr mode,to get the overtime mode and i finished it,which is just an extension of the story
in fact it actually finishes the story
Spoiler for Hiden:
the end of the 72 hr mode leaves Frank on the helipad in despair after the helicoptor goes down...that is,if you got all the file cases

Overtime mode
Spoiler for Hiden:
puts you in the mall,having to search for items to create a medicine that slows the zombie virus ..you also need to collect 10 queens...and then eventually,escape

i moved through it pretty quickly,although it was just right for me in terms of difficulty but i suspect some of you may find it easy,that Katana that i mentioned in the other post was a great weapon from start to finish,i used it on all but one or two bosses and Psycho's in the whole game(well the psychos i came across anyway)and they managed to drop in just a few minutes at the most

when you finish 72 hr mode you get the Overtime mode,once you finish that(which is the end of the main story)you get infinity mode,which puts you in the mall...but you have a little stamina bar that runs down,once it runs down a block of health gets knocked off...you have to see how long you can survive in the mall,by eating stuff to keep your health up..the mall is full of Zombies and all the psychos can randomly appear

the story of overtime mode:(long)
Spoiler for Hiden:
at the end of 72 hr mode,the helicoptor that was to pick Frank up crashes(at the small clock tower in the leisure park) and Frank falls to his knees,zombies start to surround the helipad...the credits appear

the start of Overtime mode,places you at the same spot and saved in the nick of time by Isabella,however you collapse and Isabella has to carry you to Carlitos hideout...there you both realise that Frank is somehow infected because he collapsed.
Isabella asks you to find various objects around the mall,so she can make a medicine that will slow down the virus....which isnt easy now,there are no Zombies in the mall(there are still some in the maintanance tunnel though)but the Special op guys are in the mall,and they also have drone cameras flying about(little helicoptors with machine guns on them)..so getting about is pretty hard

i just did one full sweep,working clockwise round the mall,picking up the items(they dont appear in your item tray in the top right,they are key items)
Blender from the food court,cold spray from the sports shop,magnifying glass form the jewellers,etc

while walking into the leisure park in the centre,Frank notices a cave that has been revealed because of the helicoptor crashing into the small clock tower,the cave,which Frank sees is a Tunnel is filled with Zombies

after taking the items back to Isabella,she then asks you to get 10 queens...which was easy,very easy*
she then injects you with the new drug she has created

they both find out Carlito has injected the Zombie Virus into 50 Orphans randomly placed around America,and with more time Isabella says she could of come up with a Vaccine(and if she had the equipment)

she then realises she can make a Zombie repellant...but only enough for her,you both decide to go through the cave...but you have to hold her hands all the way through,which takes a lot of patience,letting her go occasionally to let her open gates while you fend off the shoulder to shoulder Zombies(the zombies dont attack you while you hold her hand,however the stuff does start to wear off nearer to the end of the tunnel)

at the exit there is a gate thats shut with Special Op guys behind it,so you open the gate to distract the guards somewhat,and steal their jeep

in the jeep you come across the second to end boss...a big Tank,you are on mounted machine gun on the back of the jeep,and all you have to do is shoot the green lights above the tracks of the tank and also the little hub on top..the tank also sends out drones,fires missiles at you and also fires its cannon

your health is replenished at the start of each of these two boss fights

when the Tank is destroyed,the Special Ops colonel(whatever)gets out,he was incharge of the clean up of the zombie outbreak in Isabella and Carlitos Town as well...and you have to go one on one with the colonel on top of the Tank(no weapons)...so you have to use the skills you got by levelling up
jump(A),then X and Lstick(down)..worked pretty good,but he blocks alot and if you fall off the tank you have to climb back up,before the zombies surrounding the tank get you

after he falls,you are stranded on top of the tank,and Isabella is stranded on top of the jeep...Frank screams,credits roll(again)

after the credits writing appears on the screen,telling you that Frank and Isabella did manage to escape..and told their story to the world,the Government admitted some involvement and the world was shocked(oh my),the 50 orphans who have been injected with the virus has yet to be proved true..and the Williamette incident has been told to the public is a seperate incident involving terrorists

as Frank only had a drug injected that slowed the zombie process down,it doesnt tell you the outcome of Frank,did the virus eventually overtake him.....did Isabella have enough time to create and inject Frank with a vaccine?...or was frank really infected,or did he just collapse at the Helipad because he is a wuss?,LOL

who knows,and as Frank isnt(as far as i know) in Dead Rising 2..it looks like we may never know

one tip for overtime mode:
Spoiler for Hiden:
*in overtime mode you have to get ten queens,this is pretty damn easy
very easy,if you get the photgraphers magazine(which i have had all through the game)...then you can see which Zombie has a queen in it,because f the Green PP sticker across its head(dont get this mixed up for the ones pushing things/and in funny situations)..you can also tell which zombie has a queen by seeing that he/she is raising their arms in the air(as in straight up,not staright out like all zombies)

then all you have to do is just camp around the hideout,no need to venture far.and keep going back in and giving Isabella a queen,if you cant find a zombie with a green PP sticker over its head in the immediate area of the hideout(and a bit of the mall)then just go back to the hideout and exit again...took me about 10 minutes to get them all

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2009, 03:03:53 PM »

First full trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZs8F0x604Y
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2009, 03:47:44 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on April 28, 2009, 03:03:53 PM

/stares in awe at the bike at the end....

drool drool drool

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2009, 05:47:29 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on April 28, 2009, 03:47:44 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on April 28, 2009, 03:03:53 PM

/stares in awe at the bike at the end....

drool drool drool

Yeah. I didn't think they'd be able to top the moose-head charge, but they did!!!

When does this come out? I want to play.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2009, 01:07:37 AM »

Go Moose!
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2009, 01:41:33 AM »

LOL@ the moose head.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2009, 01:57:29 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on April 29, 2009, 01:41:33 AM

LOL@ the moose head.

the moose head was funny, but I'm still not sold on the game.  waiting to hear about the multiplayer before I completely write it off though.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2009, 06:04:08 AM »

can i be fussy?
Spoiler for Hiden:
i want Frank back!!

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2009, 10:11:03 AM »

Well, this guy also has Frank's strange facial features.

Multiplayer should be interesting, they better have some form of co-op.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2009, 11:45:24 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 29, 2009, 01:57:29 AM

but I'm still not sold on the game.

What?

before I completely write it off though.

What?
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2009, 12:31:20 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on April 29, 2009, 11:45:24 AM

What?

What?

Agreed.  I'm in wait in see mode too.  The first Dead Rising turned me off with having to play the game mutliple to see the whole game. Respawning super bad guys , convicts in the courtyard comesto mind, and having to level up skills just made thegame unfun for me.   So yeah I'm in wait and see mode

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2009, 12:40:30 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on April 29, 2009, 12:31:20 PM

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on April 29, 2009, 11:45:24 AM

What?

What?

Agreed.  I'm in wait in see mode too.  The first Dead Rising turned me off with having to play the game mutliple to see the whole game. Respawning super bad guys , convicts in the courtyard comesto mind, and having to level up skills just made thegame unfun for me.   So yeah I'm in wait and see mode

Same for me.  I wanted to like DR, but I've played through the first third so many times, just trying to get the game to a playable state, and even if I do finally manage to get through it (which DR2 may prompt me to do), I can't discount the annoyance of the other attempts.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2009, 01:09:13 PM »

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2009, 02:39:40 PM »

I'm with EroticCabbage on this one.  DR was a great, great gaming experience for me.  I admit, I had no desire to pick it up based on the demo that they released a few months before the game came out.  But after seeing more and more positive reviews on it when it did hit the shelves, I broke down.  I'm glad I did.  It really is a game that's greater than the sum of its parts.  The overall experience is just fantastic.  I still go back and replay it every few months just to try and save more of those losers holing up in the food court or whatever. 

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2009, 03:10:03 PM »

I tried to like it.  Really, I did.  But for me the game wasn't better than the sum of its shortcomings and problems.  The save system, forced replay in order to improve your character to a playable level, and the usual other gripes people have listed over and over again.  I couldn't play the first.  It felt too broken or if not broken then full of poor design choices.  I want to be excited about the sequel, but if I can't get through the first I doubt I'll skip it to play the 2nd.   

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2009, 04:29:29 PM »

I loved the fact that your character could continue to level up even if you started a new game.  If you found that the game is insufferably hard, you could just return to it after bulking up.  The save system was annoying, but only because I'm used to the luxury of pc game save systems.  On consoles, that type of save system is fairly common.

The sheer joy of whacking wave after wave of zombies with an electric guitar was worth the price of admission and the frustration of going from pc gaming to console gaming norms.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2009, 04:45:10 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on April 29, 2009, 04:29:29 PM

I loved the fact that your character could continue to level up even if you started a new game.  If you found that the game is insufferably hard, you could just return to it after bulking up.  The save system was annoying, but only because I'm used to the luxury of pc game save systems.  On consoles, that type of save system is fairly common.

The sheer joy of whacking wave after wave of zombies with an electric guitar was worth the price of admission and the frustration of going from pc gaming to console gaming norms.

I really want to like it.  And reading discussions between fans of the game make me want to give it yet another try.  But I can't bring myself to actually purchase the game, having only played friends'/relatives' copies.  But, since I've been gaming less and less while spending even more time in pool halls than before (I now play a minimum 3 to 4 days a week, 2 to 5 hours each session), it's easy to skip games I'm only marginally interested in.  While I want to get into the Dead Rising universe, I doubt I'll ever dedicate enough time to give it a fair enough chance.  I may just have to live vicariously through all of you.   

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2009, 05:20:21 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on April 29, 2009, 04:45:10 PM

But, since I've been gaming less and less while spending even more time in pool halls than before (I now play a minimum 3 to 4 days a week, 2 to 5 hours each session),

would it be okay if we came up with a cool pool hustler name for you?  something like "Arizona Slim"?

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2009, 05:41:11 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on April 29, 2009, 04:29:29 PM

I really want to like it.  And reading discussions between fans of the game make me want to give it yet another try.  But I can't bring myself to actually purchase the game, having only played friends'/relatives' copies.  But, since I've been gaming less and less while spending even more time in pool halls than before (I now play a minimum 3 to 4 days a week, 2 to 5 hours each session), it's easy to skip games I'm only marginally interested in.  While I want to get into the Dead Rising universe, I doubt I'll ever dedicate enough time to give it a fair enough chance.  I may just have to live vicariously through all of you.   

If you want my copy I'll be happy to trade it to you if you can live with the manual (which I never got).

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2009, 05:48:43 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on April 29, 2009, 05:20:21 PM

But, since I've been gaming less and less while spending even more time in pool halls than before (I now play a minimum 3 to 4 days a week, 2 to 5 hours each session),

would it be okay if we came up with a cool pool hustler name for you?  something like "Arizona Slim"?

Every pool player needs a nickname.  If you look through the names listed in any professional tour, almost every single player has one.  I'm open to suggestions.  Fabulous 

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2009, 06:09:05 PM »

I'm on it

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2009, 07:56:42 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on April 29, 2009, 02:39:40 PM

I'm with EroticCabbage on this one.  DR was a great, great gaming experience for me.  I admit, I had no desire to pick it up based on the demo that they released a few months before the game came out.  But after seeing more and more positive reviews on it when it did hit the shelves, I broke down.  I'm glad I did.  It really is a game that's greater than the sum of its parts.  The overall experience is just fantastic.  I still go back and replay it every few months just to try and save more of those losers holing up in the food court or whatever. 

Yeah, but you also liked There Will Be Boredom.

Because I can,
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2009, 08:05:53 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 29, 2009, 07:56:42 PM

Quote from: hepcat on April 29, 2009, 02:39:40 PM

Yeah, but you also liked There Will Be Boredom.

In the words of Walt Whitman, "I contain multitudes".

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2009, 10:35:15 PM »

thankgod its ps3 bound!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2009, 01:50:11 AM »

the E3 trailer.  I kept waiting for the zombies to break out into Thriller.

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2009, 08:13:32 PM »

happydog

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2009, 08:10:05 PM »

Pitchfork-shotgun? Yes!
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-09-dead-rising/56726

There are a few videos there even this one that show some MP: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-09-dead-rising/56718
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 08:25:47 PM by happydog » Logged

LiveTAG: happydog
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2009, 10:37:12 PM »

Quote from: happydog on September 25, 2009, 08:10:05 PM

Pitchfork-shotgun? Yes!

There are a few videos there even this one that show some MP: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-09-dead-rising/56718

Please to be releasing this game NOW!
Clay

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2009, 10:37:57 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on September 25, 2009, 10:37:12 PM

Quote from: happydog on September 25, 2009, 08:10:05 PM

Pitchfork-shotgun? Yes!

Please to be releasing this game NOW!

Seriously. Where's the 'Like' button?

xbox live: nude rick james
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2010, 08:16:11 PM »

Canoe Paddle + Chainsaw = Win!!

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2010, 09:40:26 PM »

Nice, an Xbox exclusive prologue is coming to live before the games release:

From Kotaku:
Xbox 360 owners' wait for Dead Rising 2 just got a bit more tolerable, with the announcement of an exclusive playable prologue, Dead Rising: Case Zero, launching on Xbox Live prior to the game's release on August 31st.

Crecente is embedded at Microsoft's X10 event in San Francisco, where he sends word of a special treat for Xbox 360 fans of Capcom's Dead Rising. Dead Rising 2 may not be the console exclusive the first game was, but it will indeed have content exclusive to the platform that launched the series.

Dead Rising: Case Zero is a playable prologue mission that will be available before Dead Rising 2 hits store shelves on August 31st in North America, September 2nd in Japan, and September 3rd in Europe. The prologue bridges the gap between Dead Rising and Dead Rising 2, and should give players interesting insight as to how we got from here to there.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2010, 11:43:51 PM »

O'HALE YES!
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2010, 12:17:58 AM »

That is awesome news. DR2 is easily my most anticipated game of the year.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2010, 04:46:00 PM »

LOL I just watched a video on Giantbomb from X10 and it showed the main character going into an Adult Store and grab a dildo and start killing zombies with it.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2010, 04:50:13 PM »

seems like this game needs to be added to GT's frontpage! ;-)

A new one
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2010, 05:15:06 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on February 16, 2010, 04:50:13 PM

seems like this game needs to be added to GT's frontpage! ;-)

"Use the lady pleaser to virtually bang zombie eye sockets in a killing orgy. And yes, you get their blood on your plastic junk.'
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2010, 04:40:36 PM »

the latest trailer.

Because I can,
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2010, 04:54:35 PM »

So is this game following the same design  of DR1?

Yep, Wiki had the answer.

I'm out
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 05:02:27 PM by Soulchilde » Logged

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: