http://gamingtrend.com
October 26, 2014, 03:01:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dead Island  (Read 14996 times)
hepcat
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 18, 2011, 02:25:58 PM »

Quote from: vizionblind on September 17, 2011, 05:14:25 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on September 17, 2011, 09:45:18 AM

saw this on the Steam forums:  Dead island Helper is a program that is supposed to help with tweaks.
yup, tons of people use it

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2114535

The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you. thanks!  just downloaded it and i love it.  does what i need it to do without requiring a bunch of file editing.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
vizionblind

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 18, 2011, 08:23:28 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on September 18, 2011, 02:25:58 PM

Quote from: vizionblind on September 17, 2011, 05:14:25 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on September 17, 2011, 09:45:18 AM

saw this on the Steam forums:  Dead island Helper is a program that is supposed to help with tweaks.
yup, tons of people use it

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2114535

The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you. thanks!  just downloaded it and i love it.  does what i need it to do without requiring a bunch of file editing.
indeed
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 18, 2011, 08:34:13 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on September 18, 2011, 02:25:58 PM

No problem. I like that it got rid of the motion blur nice and easy. It'd be nice if the debs took a look at this and decided to include the options in game since it proves they were just being lazy.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
frost
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 18, 2011, 09:50:17 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on September 18, 2011, 02:06:46 PM

While I'm tempted, I just have read too many comments about motion sickness issues, sometimes from people who say they don't normally get that problem in FPSs. So I can only imagine how I'd react. puke biggrin

I know I'm going to jinx myself, but I'll just go ahead and say it.  I feel bad for you guys or gals who have felt motion sickness from gaming, as I've never experienced that from gaming, myself.  I wonder if it has something to do with how close you sit to the monitor or anything like that.  I had no problem with the original 62.5 or edited 90+ FOV.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 18, 2011, 09:55:39 PM »

I don't generally have a problem either and I sit close to a large monitor (which according to the theory behind motion sickness is a prime candidate).

Oddly I DID get motion sickness playing the Space Marines single player on PC, which I know BJ had no problem with.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: September 19, 2011, 05:36:58 AM »

I say wait a few more patches to see if the developers address these issues, or to find out if the developers are even willing to work on stuff like FoV and headbob.

Otherwise, even if the devs won't change it, the mod community has latched onto the game something fierce, so you'll have all the usability mods when you finally try it out.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: September 19, 2011, 06:32:24 AM »

Quote from: Turtle on September 19, 2011, 05:36:58 AM

I say wait a few more patches to see if the developers address these issues, or to find out if the developers are even willing to work on stuff like FoV and headbob.

Otherwise, even if the devs won't change it, the mod community has latched onto the game something fierce, so you'll have all the usability mods when you finally try it out.

Honestly, I doubt they will fix any of these issues. That said - basically the entire game's coding is buried in the game's ini files. Want to turn off headbob? Change PoV? Run the game in a window? Turn off the retarded always on Steam voice chat? Turn your fists into the ultimate weapon? Not lose cash when you die? Make weapons never break? Change what loot are on vendors? Make more storage NPCs? Change skills? Change experience requirements?

It's all there.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: September 19, 2011, 06:50:48 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on September 19, 2011, 06:32:24 AM

Turn your fists into the ultimate weapon?

Speaking of fists.... Fist of the Dead Star!!!  icon_lol
ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 19, 2011, 12:53:42 PM »

A pal on my Steam list has put 63 hours (!) into this. Clearly, he needs to play more.  smirk Sounds addictive.

While I'm tempted, I just have read too many comments about motion sickness issues, sometimes from people who say they don't normally get that problem in FPSs. So I can only imagine how I'd react. puke biggrin

It's a blast! You should join us.

(Not sure why steam says I didn't play yesterday when I most definitely did, a lot.)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 19, 2011, 02:09:26 PM »

I've got a massive.... 2 hours.... in the game.  I got a 3 day weekend coming up, so I'd better damned well have some free time to play at least single player @#$(*&%

Because I can,
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: September 19, 2011, 02:46:19 PM »

I'm at 52 hours and having a blast.  Coop is amazing fun when people aren't blowing you up with propane tanks or having their mics always open.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 19, 2011, 03:53:22 PM »

Just made it into town and wow...what a shift.  I had a fantastic shoot out with some thugs yesterday. 

I finished Deus Ex saturday so i'm devoting my game time to Dead Island until I finish that. 

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 19, 2011, 08:43:42 PM »

Quote from: frost on September 18, 2011, 09:50:17 PM

I know I'm going to jinx myself, but I'll just go ahead and say it.  I feel bad for you guys or gals who have felt motion sickness from gaming, as I've never experienced that from gaming, myself.  I wonder if it has something to do with how close you sit to the monitor or anything like that.  I had no problem with the original 62.5 or edited 90+ FOV.
That's a fair question though I've had issues going all the way back to Wolfenstein 3-D: Spear of Destiny, Doom and Duke Nukem 3-D (I didn't buy Quake). puke Half Life 1 and 2 gave me lotta problems. For the most part, didn't have issues in Unreal Tournament. More recently, Killing Floor generally doesn't give me problems, but both L4D games sporadically do.

Sometimes I have issues even in third person games (Red Faction: Guerilla, Gears of War PC sometimes). But I'm totally fine in Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, closing in on 30 hours SP and MP w/ no hint of sickness at all.

Some military shooters like Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, and the original Call of Duty, I had few motion sickness problems with. The Modern Warfare stuff, it's really bad, though it didn't stop me from buying most of the games anyway. EA's Medal of Honor, wasn't really too bad I guess on me.

I don't think it's viewing distance. Back around 2000 or so, a friend invited me to a Halo LAN party at a house. I played well for the few minutes I could watch the screen, but I got so sick, I had to run to the bathroom. Where I spent probably 15 minutes hiding, waiting for the urge to hurl to go away. I was so embarassed... Other FPS efforts on my PS2 were similar.

I did have this theory that FPS games in which your character's movement is deliberate "step-by-step" (instead of smooth, continuous movement where it feels like you're gliding like a ship) tend to be easier on me. I've tried all sorts of desperation things, even non-drowsy Dramamine (which only succeeded in making me sick in a different way  icon_razz)

*Sorry to go down that tangent. I still hope for some sort of limited demo/trial at some point that would just let me see if I could stomach this or not from a motion-sicky viewpoint.  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
vizionblind

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 30, 2011, 02:05:26 PM »

real life dead island

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLK2yD5kvmA
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 30, 2011, 05:36:19 PM »

Finally beat it yesterday....around 85 hrs according to steam, but i think i left it on overnight twice which would put my actual game time right at about 65hrs...this was a LONG game and loved every bit of it.

I was astounded at how it kept going....this is seriously....a GREAT OLD STYLE story driven action rpg romp the likes of which has been very scarce in pc gaming until now with this is an Deus Ex.  And make no mistake, Dead Island got a lot more gameplay than Deux Ex 2.

I've already started into the "nightmare mode" as i'll call it...restarting the game keeping your level and inventory in tact with higher level zeds and look foward to playing all the way through again as well as playing through with a different character!  I wanna try the gun girl now after i just finished with the samurai chick.

Great game, one of the few games begging me to replay after a full completion ever...
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: September 30, 2011, 05:52:35 PM »

Quote from: Fuzzballx on September 30, 2011, 05:36:19 PM

I was astounded at how it kept going....this is seriously....a GREAT OLD STYLE story driven action rpg romp the likes of which has been very scarce in pc gaming until now with this is an Deus Ex.  And make no mistake, Dead Island got a lot more gameplay than Deux Ex 2.

Now, now! Let's not go all crazy! Tongue Dead Island isn't in the Deus Ex genre. To qualify, dialogue has to be a very central part of the game, with multiple solutions to most, if not all, quests. AFAIK, there has only been two games like that outside of the Deus Ex games themselves: Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines and Alpha Protocol.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: October 07, 2011, 07:29:41 PM »

Heads up: The game was just patched on Steam. Here's the changelog:

- Fixed an issue where the game would actually start up. The game now crashes as intended upon launch.

In other words, turn off autoupdate until they fix this, or you won't be able to play the game.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: October 08, 2011, 07:51:55 AM »

They've fixed the patch now, it seems. The game runs again.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 17, 2011, 05:23:30 PM »

I finished my solo game as Xian today.  It was a great game overall: hit a couple minor bugs along the way and there's definitely some unevenness to the balance and sense of pacing, but the core mechanics are so well executed that they easily overshadowed the rough spots.  The decision to keep the penalty for death really light was particularly smart -- losing a chunk of cash was just enough to make me really want to avoid dying, but wasn't *so* bad that I'd be angry when I did.

Some people have complained about weapon degradation and needing to pay money at unmanned workbenches to perform your own upgrades and repairs.  Personally, that sort of abstraction is fine with me when it's used to give weight to my decisions.  "Who is this money going to??" is a much less interesting question to me than "Is this powerful weapon worth using when it's so expensive to maintain?"  Those sorts of choices became more and more important as the game continued, influenced by how I'd built my character, and I think Dead Island would have been a poorer game without that economic system in place.

It seems weird to me that the game has a "storage chest" in place, but that it tends to stay in one location and becomes unavailable during certain points in the story.  That's hardly a game-breaker, but I think a system more like Diablo 2 and Titan's Quest would have been a better fit.

I played the entire game using the analog combat controls with my 360 controller, and it was *excellent* for hacking the limbs off erstwhile zombies.  I don't even know what the default digital controls are like.  Someday I'll check them out, if only to see what Xian's jump-attack damage bonus is like -- I avoided that skill because the timing it would require totally escaped me.  Other skills in the upgrade tree were the same way: lockpicking seems like it would have been completely useless due to the rarity of locked containers in the game, and abilities like "Aggro-reduction" and "Backstabbing" could only possibly be helpful in multiplayer.  Co-op skills like that would be pretty cool, but woe to the solo player who picks them up on a lark....

If this week didn't feature Arkham City, Renegade Ops, and an extremely appealing sale on console games at Toys 'R Us, I'd be extremely tempted to jump back in for some New Game+ adventures, or to try out of the other characters.  As it is, I think I'll have to say goodbye to Dead Island for the time.  Definitely extremely happy with my (20% discounted) purchase from Green Man Gaming! nod

-Autistic Angel
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 25, 2011, 06:59:06 PM »

Check our Steals and Deals thread -- this is now $19.99 for about 23 more hours.  icon_cool I won't let my LA Noire rage get in the way of other bargains. For that price, I can afford to test whether my motion sickness issues would keep me from enjoying it.  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
soulbringer
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 25, 2011, 07:57:09 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 25, 2011, 06:59:06 PM

Check our Steals and Deals thread -- this is now $19.99 for about 23 more hours.  icon_cool I won't let my LA Noire rage get in the way of other bargains. For that price, I can afford to test whether my motion sickness issues would keep me from enjoying it.  icon_smile

Im holding out hope that it will drop even further for the xmas sale since I wont actually have time to play till after xmas anyway. 
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 27, 2011, 06:32:17 PM »

Can anyone give feedback on how this game is for sys requirements? I picked up a cheap copy for my son since his quad-core rig is well enough above the minimum specs. I'd like to get a copy for our 2nd gaming rig, but it's dual-core CPU is close to the minimum - GPU & RAM are on par or above. Is this game a real resource hog, or are the sys reqs a bit misleading?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 27, 2011, 07:01:55 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on November 27, 2011, 06:32:17 PM

Can anyone give feedback on how this game is for sys requirements? I picked up a cheap copy for my son since his quad-core rig is well enough above the minimum specs. I'd like to get a copy for our 2nd gaming rig, but it's dual-core CPU is close to the minimum - GPU & RAM are on par or above. Is this game a real resource hog, or are the sys reqs a bit misleading?

can you install your son's copy on the 2nd gaming rig to see how it runs?

Because I can,
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 27, 2011, 10:38:14 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 27, 2011, 07:01:55 PM

Quote from: kronovan on November 27, 2011, 06:32:17 PM

can you install your son's copy on the 2nd gaming rig to see how it runs?

Hmm...interesting idea. I'm not sure if it'll work though as even the boxed retail version requires Steam activation. Can I install it on the 2nd PC if I'm logged in with my son's Steam account? I guess that makes sense that I should be able to. Of course this means I can't try it on the 2nd PC until after Xmas, since I got it for him as a present. And unfortunately all sales will be over by then.   icon_confused
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 16, 2012, 06:15:27 PM »

haven't gotten far enough to encounter him, but Ryder White is getting his own DLC adventure on January 31st.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: January 16, 2012, 06:19:35 PM »

not sure I even remember who that is...

Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 16, 2012, 06:57:06 PM »

I can't even remember the name of the character I was playing.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: January 16, 2012, 08:46:28 PM »

apparently he was the bad guy.  odd, i remember fighting him, losing damn near all of my cash to cheap deaths fighting him, and couldn't have guessed that that was his name. 

more dlc can't be a bad thing although I wish it was a way to continue on with my character so I had an alternative to grinding through the sp again. 

Enigma
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 28, 2012, 01:21:31 AM »

I just finished the game single player with Purna (the guns chick).  I had heard that guns weren't used much in the beginning and that turned out to be dead on.  For the first 3/4 of the game ammo was hard to come by and most of the shooting was done during her Fury attack.  At the end of the game, there was plenty of ammo and I was able to switch to pretty much guns only.  I had heard that the game was difficult to play solo (there is no difficulty choice) and there were times when I died a bunch.  But the penalty for death is small and I persevered.  I think if I had chosen a different character I would have had less deaths in the beginning.  At the end of the game there were a couple of areas where it seemed like I was constantly overwhelmed and didn't have much of a chance solo.  It took multiple deaths to get through.

I thought the game was great fun.  I probably had about 40 hours into it by the end and I had completed many of the side quests.  I really enjoyed it and may actually restart with the swords specialist just to see how that is.  The only thing is, it left me wanting for more single player RPG zombie goodness.  If this game had been made as a single player survival RPG it would have had the potential to be an A+ title.  Imagine if they threw away the multiplayer stuff and made the world persistent and fully explorable from the beginning.  Get rid of the respawning zombies and replace with wandering ones...Put in real choices for you to make that effect the world....remove the soda can health model and instead you scrounge around looking for food, weapons, ammo, batteries..a way off the island.  They could add a day/night cycle.  It would actually be scary and dark at night in the game.  Do you go out at night to fetch something and use up precious batteries...risk the unseen zombies?  Do you wait for daylight where you can be easily seen?  Crafting new weapons and discovering combinations to create crazy new weapons?  You set up a safe house and risk zombie hordes attacking at night?  

Holy moly...it would be epic.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 01:26:27 AM by Enigma » Logged

Now Playing:
PS3: Demon Souls
PC:   Diablo III, Saints Row 3, Anno 1404 (Dawn of Discovery)
Vinda-Lou

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 29, 2012, 12:04:01 PM »

Isn't there/ wasn't there an active mod community?  Maybe some mods are similar to your ideas. 

I need to check the prices for this game and check it out.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 28, 2013, 05:14:10 PM »

My sister has just lent me this,I have never played it before and heard there were some problems when it originally launched

It's the 'GOTY' edition for the 360,so hopefully will include fixes if they appeared

My sister didn't like the game and didn't get far,but that's because its an open world game which she despises,she complained that she just picked it up as it was cheap and it should say on the case that its an open world game so she could avoid it,LOL

She also complained not knowing where to go and what to do,and she kept having to go back and forth for people..no doubt she missed something in game to tell her where to go,or tried doing everything for everyone

funnily enough open world games are my favourite type of games  icon_biggrin

but admittedly,i have not really read that much into the game

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 29, 2013, 01:38:57 PM »

Quite enjoying this game,i spent 8 hrs on it last night and have most of the map uncovered,but just found out that there are two more maps after this one,so i have some way to go yet

I am finding it quite difficult though,the thugs are the hardest,i have to just go in there with my Hatchet and hope to cut off their arms

The Suicide blob bad guys i have no idea how to deal with,if i get close they blow up,usually taking me with them...I've tried throwing stuff,but whatever i throw usually just gets stuck in them and they keep coming towards me

The Monkey Wrench is my favourite weapon at the moment,i upgraded it to maximum,and always get it fixed when i am passing a workbench,although the Scythe is also pretty effective

I have had a few instances where i have got stuck in the environment...At one point,i came out of some underground toilets(when you have to go,you have to go),and it wouldn't let me walk back up the steps,i kept getting to the last step and it would slide me back down ..in the end i had to walk up the steps backwards,LOL,but even then i were thrown back once

TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 29, 2013, 02:16:55 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 29, 2013, 01:38:57 PM

The Suicide blob bad guys i have no idea how to deal with,if i get close they blow up,usually taking me with them...I've tried throwing stuff,but whatever i throw usually just gets stuck in them and they keep coming towards me

You have enough time to run up to them to trigger their explosion sequence and still run away. 

In fact, I love to get a group of zombies to chase me and I'll run past the Suicider causing him to blow up the group of zombies chasing me.  smile

Either that or stand back and shoot him.

Open the blast doors!  Open the blast doors!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 29, 2013, 03:56:29 PM »

ahh,i tried doing that as well as he looked ready to pop,but i ran over for a few moments and then legged it back and nothing happened

Does he explode when anybody gets in close? or do you mean doing the 'getting close yourself' thing to make him blow when you lead the zombies to him?

TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 29, 2013, 05:55:32 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 29, 2013, 03:56:29 PM

ahh,i tried doing that as well as he looked ready to pop,but i ran over for a few moments and then legged it back and nothing happened

You may not have gotten close enough.  When the explosion sequence is triggered he makes a distinctive sound followed by the expansion animation and he eventually pops.  Once started the destruction is inevitable and can't be stopped.

Does he explode when anybody gets in close? or do you mean doing the 'getting close yourself' thing to make him blow when you lead the zombies to him?

When any player character gets to within a certain distance it will trigger the destruction.

It might take a try or two to get the timing down but once you've mastered it they are almost too easy.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 05:57:15 PM by TK-421 » Logged

Open the blast doors!  Open the blast doors!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 31, 2013, 12:37:00 PM »

yeah i got them down now

The game is still as tough as a bastard though,but you don't lose any progress when you die,just money and maybe a bit of a walk from where you died..if you had nearly hacked off an arm from a Thug Zombie,then when you go back his arm is still nearly hanging off

Just a bit miffed from the respawns,you have a group of zombies that take awhile to kill,and go down the street,if you go back to where they were they are back again

Spent all last night on Act II(The Town),and spent most of that time stuck in the sewers that you have to travel through about 3-4 different times(main town to City Hall,City Hall to Supermarket,Supermarket to City Hall and finally City Hall to main town again)..the last trek through the sewers pissed me off because i was sick of being there,so i just ran all the way through

Unfortunately i found an Orange Skull,and found out its apart of 5 coloured skulls side mission but i have missed where to put one of the skulls in an abandoned house that gets locked off after you have finished the mission in there..so i can't get that done

Started to find quite a few guns now,from hand guns to shotty's and assault Rifle...not tried the shotty or Assault Rifle yet,pretty sure the only ammo i have found up to now is for the hand gun

from looking at how many missions there are,i am about half way through,(still been trying to do as many side missions as i can as well)...i have put approx 15-20 hrs into the game,so its a decent sized game

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 11, 2013, 09:20:43 PM »

I had absolutely no where near 15-20 hrs when i last posted,maybe i just thought it felt that much as i finished this today with 28 hrs on the clock and it felt like 60hrs

I found this quite hard all the way through,'Thugs' were the main baddies that i found just as hard as when i first met them,everyone else i could deal with,even the 'Rams' and the 'Butchers'

The maps were quite large ..Resort(ACTI).City(ActII),Jungle(ActIII) with Prison(ActIV) being the smallest

Jungle was the best i thought,i actually enjoyed being there and the zombies were easy enough to deal with

I got 140 collectables(120 unlocks the achievement),found all 72 locations and did millions and millions of side missions(the achievement unlocked for doing 75 side missions long before i even entered the Jungle),so i feel as though i did quite enough of the game

There is a Ryder White Campaign that is apparently awful and lasts just 2-3 hrs...however to start his campaign you have to start a new game and select Ryder as a character,but i am not sure if that will overwrite my current game save(Level 41 -just started New Game+)..if so,i think i will give that a miss and if i do come back to the game i will concentrate on getting my level 50 cheevo instead

Anyway,i feel its much better than 3/10 that EDGE gave it..i would say about a 7,but remember i played on my own,so i bet it could be much higher with friends(especially the driving,that could be lots of fun)..and perhaps a tad easier as well

Sequel is out soon,but to be honest i think i will wait a year again before picking it up,i am kinda done for the time being with annoying Zombies Tongue

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 03, 2013, 02:52:28 AM »

someone made a live action version of the original game trailer.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 13, 2013, 05:02:13 PM »

finally finished this game last night.  End play time was around 27 hours, and it started to drag towards the end.  Liked the regular zombies, thugs were OK once I figured out kicking them worked wonders to get them to howl, the fat zombies were just dumb, the butchers were kinda neat but easy, the rams always seemed to have an explosive or exploding zombie nearby for easy disposal, and the exploders were a bit overpowered IMO.  Played Xian, so I was mainly blades, but guns weren't an issue if I needed to use them.

using GT's new score system I'd give it a 60 out of 100, doubt I'll play it again and won't even bother with the White DLC.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: November 13, 2013, 05:56:24 PM »

I would recommend Riptide, but not right after or you'll probably burn out faster.  it improves on most parts of DI and only really slogs down in the swamps. 

apparently the story is better in the White DLC, but the gameplay isn't due to no leveling and focusing on firearms

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: