http://gamingtrend.com
April 25, 2014, 01:30:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dawn of War 3  (Read 728 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2011, 09:24:54 AM »

Dawn of War III announcement coming at Gamescom? 

Developer Relic is taking elements from the first game and the second game and adding something new, THQ core games boss Danny Bilson told Eurogamer.

it'll be interesting to see what they add in.  they've avoided it for the first two games, so hopefully it won't be base building/resource management.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 07:07:54 PM »

thumbsup thumbsup
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 08:29:22 PM »

From what I hear, any buildings they have won't be part of the economy in the traditional sense.

The problem with the Dawn of War series hasn't been its gameplay, it's all the little things that add up to larger problems. Things like their netcode not working properly at launch, the bad matchmaking (also caused by limited player pool due to bad netcode), all sorts of presentation and polish issues. In DoW2, there's a bug that causes your selection of commanders to change randomly when you join a new multiplayer lobby, instead of defaulting to your last selected. This has been in the game since the beta. There's also a bug that causes the wrong units to retreat that has also been there since the beta test.

Here's to hoping with DoW3, they enact much stricter coding procedures to stop this nonsense.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 08:53:09 PM »

awesome news but it just reinforces the fact that i need to go back and finish dow2 and the chaos expansion (nevermind the last one, my gaming time isn't that big)

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 03:30:06 AM »

The Ork campaign in Retribution is actually almost as good as the other two campaigns and a whole lot funnier so you may not want to write it off entirely.   Tongue

Find a friend to play through them in co-op and your enjoyment of all of them will increase tenfold.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 03:52:49 AM »

i've given up hope on convincing one gaming buddy on trying it, despite how much we both loved and played the hell out of company of heroes back in the day. 

next time they go on sale, i think i'll just gift him a copy.  that should do it.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 10:46:22 PM »

Crap! Im in the same boat as Caine.  I have the final mission for DOW2 (I like how it gives you the notice before you play it that playing it will end the campaign), and I purchase dboth Chaos rising and reribution.  I am going to have to finish this someday...

(and then I will finish Starcraft 2, just before the zerg expansion comes out...)

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 05:08:25 AM »

some more details.

"There's going to be lots of opportunities to expand and build your own custom mega army. That's definitely an area we want to invest in. We see a good opportunity."
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 05:10:09 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 05:39:32 AM »

after the THQ debacle Relic chimes in on Dawn of War 3:

"I'm still a bit fuzzy on that," Duffy said. "There were certain properties that were attached to the sale of Relic initially, which was Company of Heroes, but not all of Relic's initial IP was part of that initial sale package.

"Dawn of War, because it's a license and it's owned by Games Workshop, they have the opportunity to work that license with whoever they want. I would hope it would be us again. We had a great working relationship with Games Workshop. Sega is establishing one now with the fantasy license for Creative Assembly.

"There's a strong possibility we'll all be working together again on Dawn of War."

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 06:15:27 AM »

To be frank, GW would not pass on another opportunity like this. It will happen, and most likely with Relic and Sega.

GW just isn't in the position to try to shop the license around right now, and they need more promotion to get people into their core money maker, the miniature games.

As we've seen, the Warhammer license just isn't a money maker by itself, it's often been paired with some really good games that people know it. But has also been home to some real stinkers.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 06:22:23 AM by Turtle » Logged
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 04:00:30 PM »

Relic has been posting DoW questions and comments on their Facebook page for the last few weeks now.  They seemed to be testing the waters with questions like, what is your favorite race, and who your favorite hero was.  While thatís not necessarily telling I had been anticipating some form of announcement after CoH2 ships.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 06:17:33 PM »

I'd take Dawn of War 3 over CoH2.  Hopefully DoW3 will be built on the tech and lessons learned from CoH2.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: