http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 01:04:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dawn of Sorrows: You Mean That's It?  (Read 1232 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2007, 01:59:35 PM »

Or am I missing something?  <late game spoilars ahead>

So I climbed the long tier of steps and get to the battle with the flame guy again.  At the time the game said I had cleared about 72% of the game.

So I wax this guy first try and figure ok. new ability to open new areas just like before.... Then some dude runs in and says you did it.  My guy asks where's Celia? Dood says we're tracking her.  They then run outside and my dood says I don't feel well. Other dood says we'll have you checked out.  Roll Credits.

WHA?

Are there other story elements in other areas of the castle? Does it explain where the main bad guy went or is this is it?  Did I not do something right to get the 1942

'congrat-
ulations'

SUCK ENDING!?

Are there other endings?

Heeeeeeeeeeealp!
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 02:11:20 PM »

If you're at the part I think you're at, you're supposed to do something other than just attack him when you face the guy, or you get the bad ending.  What abilities have you received recently?

(Or, just ask if you'd prefer the plain and simple spoiler instructions)
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 02:13:43 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on January 04, 2007, 02:11:20 PM

If you're at the part I think you're at, you're supposed to do something other than just attack him when you face the guy, or you get the bad ending.  What abilities have you received recently?

(Or, just ask if you'd prefer the plain and simple spoiler instructions)

Wha? Please splain.  No is too much. Please sum up.

The last new superpower I got was the bat power.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 02:36:57 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
I think you need to fight one other boss first to gain the power to enter mirrors.  Aguni is being controlled by something else.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 02:43:04 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on January 04, 2007, 02:36:57 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
I think you need to fight one other boss first to gain the power to enter mirrors.  Aguni is being controlled by something else.

Yep. Don't have that one.
unbreakable
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 04:10:47 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
If you look closely, you can see the reflection of Agni in the mirror when you are talking to Dario.

Finishing with each ending should unlock another gameplay mode.  I forget which this one gives you, it might be "New Game+".  I recall  when you get the "bad ending", which unlocks "Julius Mode".

FYI, there are a total of three endings.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 04:16:54 PM by unbreakable » Logged
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 04:24:48 PM »

If I remember, you're actually supposed to restart and replay the game to get to the Big Bad, using that New Game+, or whatever it's called.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 04:36:26 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on January 04, 2007, 04:24:48 PM

If I remember, you're actually supposed to restart and replay the game to get to the Big Bad, using that New Game+, or whatever it's called.
Nah, you can keep playing your original save.  New Game+ just let's you start from the beginning with all your toys and/or at a different difficulty level.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 05:05:10 PM »

Well, I don't like it enough to bother replaying it. I'll give it a little more time to see if I can find the boss...if not...it's already on ebay for a 5 day auction.

Adieu!
unbreakable
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 05:13:19 PM »

I got all the endings my first playthrough (and thus unlocked all the gameplay modes).

You aren't required to restart the game to get any of the endings.  Now if you want 100% completion, it might be easier on your second playthrough (in New Game+), but that isn't necessary either.

Now what I did was
Spoiler for Hiden:
wait until I had the Magus Ring (it shows up when you have 100% of the soul collection) before I got the 'top tier' weapons which required "Boss" souls.  So my first game was more dependent on "standard" weapons and soul use almost up to the end.  Now if you really like some of the boss souls, you can always get the ending, then purchase the weapons before starting a New Game+.  It's really up to you, but I figured the weapons were going to see more use than the souls (Death kicks butt, however, especially with the Chaos Ring).

The "exotic" weapons are really pretty neat to play with in later games, however.  Some of the special attacks truly rock!

Julius Mode is also really fun.  It has an 'old school' Castlevania feel.

The ONLY thing I didn't like about the game was "soul farming".  But it was otherwise a 4 star game to me.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 05:14:55 PM by unbreakable » Logged
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 06:09:02 PM »

Quote from: ATB on January 04, 2007, 05:05:10 PM

Well, I don't like it enough to bother replaying it. I'll give it a little more time to see if I can find the boss...if not...it's already on ebay for a 5 day auction.

Adieu!

I'm pretty sure that hitting any ending, including the worst one that you just got, is enough to unlock Julius mode.  You might want to give it a try before you sell, it lets you play as Julius, that girl, and Dracula's son.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 07:07:36 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on January 04, 2007, 06:09:02 PM

Adieu!

I'm pretty sure that hitting any ending, including the worst one that you just got, is enough to unlock Julius mode.  You might want to give it a try before you sell, it lets you play as Julius, that girl, and Dracula's son.

I guess I never got into Castlevania enough to care.  Thanks for the info though.
unbreakable
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 08:04:23 PM »

Adieu!

I was wrong, should have recalled the story:

Spoiler for Hiden:
You unlock Julius Mode by getting the ending where Soma succumbs to Dracula's spirt.  That's not from beating Dario, it's the ending after that one.

I believe any ending should allow access to New Game+, but could be wrong.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 08:16:41 PM »

Quote from: unbreakable on January 04, 2007, 08:04:23 PM

Adieu!

I was wrong, should have recalled the story:

Spoiler for Hiden:
You unlock Julius Mode by getting the ending where Soma succumbs to Dracula's spirt.  That's not from beating Dario, it's the ending after that one.

I believe any ending should allow access to New Game+, but could be wrong.

I'm really pretty sure that any ending unlocks Julius, and only the good ending unlocks New Game+.  I clearly remember having Julius available well before I beat the game the right way, because I made myself wait until I had gotten the good ending before trying Julius mode.  I wanted to use Julius mode to break things up before I gave the game another run on hard difficulty with New Game+.

edit: ah wait, I misunderstood you on the first read.  I think you're right, that makes sense with the story.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 08:18:51 PM by wonderpug » Logged
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 08:24:26 PM »

I'll give it a little more time to see if I can find the boss...

Back to this original question, I'm pretty sure you find the mirror guy in the guest house place that's (I think) on the upper leftish area of the map.
unbreakable
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 08:32:36 PM »

I think the boss is called Paranoid.  I forget what he looks like, though.  Portrait of Ruin is fresher in my mind.

Doh, nevermind.  It's fairly easy to recall: he's the guy who jumps in and out of mirrors.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2007, 08:23:08 PM »

I didn't bother going back to it at all.  Thanks though.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2007, 12:51:54 PM »

Dude, you just skipped the best half of the game. You had only completed about 3/4 of the main game at the point where you were, leaving out a whole new map to explore. Also, Julius mode was much more fun for me than the main mode, even though I had never played a Castlevania game before that.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2007, 01:21:32 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on January 08, 2007, 12:51:54 PM

Dude, you just skipped the best half of the game. You had only completed about 3/4 of the main game at the point where you were, leaving out a whole new map to explore. Also, Julius mode was much more fun for me than the main mode, even though I had never played a Castlevania game before that.

Meh.  I really wasn't into  it enough to bother to spend any more time on it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: