http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 06:54:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dark Forces mod for Jedi Academy  (Read 1063 times)
egrudzin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2004, 01:53:49 AM »

Anyone check out the Dark Forces mod demo for Jedi Academy?  You can find it here:
http://darkforces.jediknight.net/index2.shtml
It contains remakes of the first 3 levels from Dark Forces upgraded for the Jedi Academy engine.  The gameplay is pretty much the same, no added lightsabers or anything.  Just Stormtrooper blasting action.

By today's standards it feels kind of primitive.  Kinda like the old Doom in the SW universe.  It brought back a lot of memories of how cool the game was when it came out tho.  The first mission where you steal the Death Star plans is great, makes you feel like you're part of the movies.  I think I like the persona of Kyle a little more in this too.  He's more the dark hero here, pretty rough around the edges.  It seems they lightened up the character a lot in the subsequent sequels.  Oh and the theme song is pretty cool too.

Any thoughts?
Jag
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 02:01:41 PM »

Saw this and thought about grabbing it, but i haven't yet.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 06:27:20 PM »

Thanks for the heads up.  I have very fond memories of the original Dark Forces and this sounds like a nice visit down memory lane.
obb
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2004, 10:43:17 PM »

Gosh, I remember when I picked it up way back when and was like BOBA FETT IN A GAME !!! WOO!!!
I liked it thematically better than some of the other Dark Forces games.  You didn't go in having a history of Jedi involved with your family or with some crazy Dark Jedi starting up trouble for no good reason... you were a mercenary investigating a mystery that had nothing to do with The Force.

Not that I didn't LOVE Jedi powers and Mysteries of The Sith and multiplayer Jedi Duels.  It's just that the original Dark Forces (which was being developed before Doom was released and got in some neat features like jumping) holds a special place in my heart, right by Full Throttle (played both on a LucasArts Demo Disc, they came together)
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2004, 11:54:09 PM »

Quote from: "obb"
Dark Forces...right by Full Throttle (played both on a LucasArts Demo Disc, they came together)

i had that same demo disc...in fact, i bet it's still around somewhere Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: