http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 12:36:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Current backlog of games...the horror, the horror!  (Read 2462 times)
Blackadar
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2007, 12:51:08 PM »

I'm usually running dry this time of year when it comes to gaming.  Historically, the Christmas releases are about played out and there's not much on the shelf.  That's fine with me, because with Summer coming, it's good to get outdoors and see the sun once in a while.

But this year due to Burning Crusade and other games, as well as my video card being on the fritz for a month, my current backlog is just growing by leaps and bounds.

1.  LOTRO is coming out and looks like my next huge time sink.  I've even canceled my WoW subscription.  I think this one may result in my wife leaving me.  smile   (kidding!)
2.  I'm still playing Civ 4.  Not Warlords, which I don't like, but the original Civ 4.  It's just sucked me in again and now I'm trying every single leader (on Noble, since I'm pathetic).  And now there's an expansion coming out in a few months.
3.  I never got the time to get into Football Manager 2007.  My nascent career is still waiting.
4.  I haven't finished half of the great game of Company of Heroes.
5.  I haven't even started Titan Quest.  Hell, now the expansion is out.
6.  UFO: Extraterrestrials is coming out in 2 weeks and I think this game may buck the "X-Com clones suck" trend.
7.  The Forge of Freedom AAR here has got me highly interested in it.
8.  OOTP 2008 was just released. 

What's a gamer to do?!?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 01:03:26 PM by Blackadar » Logged

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 02:00:17 PM »

My backlog is horrendous, but mostly made of console games at the moment.

I'm thinking of instituting a policy whereupon I can only purchase a new game after completing two games from my backlog.  This system would ensure that my backlog is always being whittled down, while being flexible enough to allow for must-have day-one-purchase releases.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 02:14:26 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on April 10, 2007, 02:00:17 PM

I'm thinking of instituting a policy whereupon I can only purchase a new game after completing two games from my backlog.  This system would ensure that my backlog is always being whittled down, while being flexible enough to allow for must-have day-one-purchase releases.

That was and is Ike Vandergraaf's plan. Instead he buys 2 games when finishing one. Good luck to you sir. I need a plan like this as well-my list to follow.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 03:57:09 PM »

I was trying to follow a plan like that for a bit now. I settled on a 1 for 1 basis. Recently I've been playing through some of my older stuff and crossing it off without buying anything new. I've had a good thing going with around 4-5 titles since I picked up anything new.

Hell, I think it's time to stock up again! nod

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 04:13:14 PM »

I just got rid one console plus all of it's games out in order to get my backlog under control and it worked fairly well.  With the summer slump coming up I should be able to cut it down even more-  Just looking over the projected release dates it appears May through July is going to be vacation time for my wallet.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 04:43:05 PM »

As long as I'm working on FFXII I shall not have the satisfaction of trimming down the backlog. I managed to knock out two games recently, but that's only three for the year thus far. Damn you, RPGs!

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 04:55:24 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 10, 2007, 04:13:14 PM

I just got rid one console plus all of it's games out in order to get my backlog under control and it worked fairly well.

I've considered doing that myself. How did you decide which one to dump?

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 05:25:20 PM »

Quote from: fyedaddy on April 10, 2007, 04:55:24 PM

I just got rid one console plus all of it's games out in order to get my backlog under control and it worked fairly well.

Dude... you're just going to give up on one of them? eek

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Speaker2Animals
Gaming Trend Reader

Diplomatic Kzin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 05:35:07 PM »

Any such plans of mine of backlong culling go down the tubes:
(1) When I wander into Target & at 75% off red tag clearances in short order pick up: Hitman Blood Money, CivCity Rome, Civ 4 Warlords, & Caesar IV, like I did this last month;
(2) I actually read the Impressions threads on titles I either never heard of before or never considered, and in short order end up with. SIlverfall, I'm talking to you; plus C&C3, & STALKER too which I just traded Silverfall for. If I get any of these done by Xmas, I'll be surprised. Those Impressions threads are pretty dangerous.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 08:57:43 PM »

So, I have no system for managing the backlog per se. Generally I try to only buy when I really want a game and or after I have finished several. This works about half of the time-it works that I rarely buy games unless I really, really want them, but it rarely works in terms of finishing several games before I buy one. Now that I have a pretty good contract (although ending in 8 days), I felt like I had the money to buy more games, so I bought twice as many games in the last two months as I normally would. This was fun, but bad for the backlog when I am working more than 60 hours every week. So coming up my system is going to be the following categories (for any game, trading obviously takes care of any buying issues):
1. For short games that are primarily single player (ie a 10-12 hour shooter), I must finish one before I can buy another.
2. For long RPGs, I can play no more than one at a time and buy no others until I finish the one I am playing.
3. For games that are singleplayer and multiplayer (see C&C3 for example), I cannot get a new game until I at least finish the singleplayer or play the multiplayer enough to know its a long term keeper or that I will trade it soon.
4. For games that I will play occasionally for a long time that might be open-ended (or keep around to replay after playing them obsessively for a short period), I can have no more than two in rotation (one must be retired to purchase another). See Titan Quest and Medieval 2 for examples of this.
5. Any game that fails my 4 hour test or I eventually trade or immediately dislike falls into this category. I must then either shelve the game for future play, or sell or trade it before I can buy another title.

This is essentially an absurdly complicated way of saying I should finish one to buy one (and a system I likely won't ever follow), but it gave me something to do other than work and seems like a good idea in theory.

Edit-forgot my actual backlog!! Broken down in three parts-games actively playing, games next to play, games on the backburner.

Games I am playing:
- Command and Conquer 3: Just started the Nod campaign, got in about a dozen multiplayer matches. I like it, but its not grabbing me like COH or WH did. The multiplayer is fun if simplistic, and I will likely finish the Nod campaign too.
- Titan Quest+Immortal Throne: Early in Act 3. My guy is very strong offensively, but hes taking absurd damage right now. I was totally obsessed with this game for two weekends-my interest cooled last weekend, but only because of other games, plan on finishing vanilla plus expansion soon.
- Medieval 2: New addition to the list, just got it in trade and played briefly. So far I think its awesome and am not sure why I waited-I am going to be playing this one for a while I think.
- GRAW 2: My lone console game right now, I still have coop missions to finish and I still love the multiplayer (although I don't play it every night like I was!). Will likely be here for several more weeks.

Games coming next:

- Warhammer: Mark of Chaos: Got this recently and loved the few missions I have played. I decided to wait on it though, since I had so many new games right now.
- Supreme Commander: Could barely play this when I first bought it because it crashed constantly. With my new rig coming in less than two weeks it should run just fine, and I got it for free again when I got my new motherboard. Excited to finally get into it.
- Rogue Galaxy (ps2): My next PS2 RPG. Looking forward to starting it, but it may not be till I am done with contract work in a few months.
- X3 Reunion: What a gorgeous game. I am totally craving a space combat sim right now and this game just looks so good. I know its complicated and the combat is marginal, but I am looking forward to it.

Backburner:

- Rise of Legends: Have about 5 missions of the very last campaign to finish, and want to but am having trouble getting motivated. Also want to play some multi but its impossible to find a game.
- Company of Heroes: Single player replay and multiplayer.
- KOTOR 1 and 2 replay.

More coming!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 10:19:03 PM by Calvin » Logged
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 09:50:36 PM »

PC games currently unfinished by me:

1. Rise of Legends - I went about 6 missions into the singleplayer and never touched it again. I have no explanation for that as I was having a great time with it. Only ever played two multiplayer matches. Had a great time in both of those as well and it still sits on the shelf, uncompleted.
2. Titan Quest: Immortal Throne - I whittled my way pretty far into the expansion before it got dropped for C&C 3.
3. STALKER - I got a few hours in, applied that patch that makes game saves incompatible, and then haven't touched it since.
4. Star Wars: Empire at War - I installed it and never played it. The shortcut still sits in my gamesbar mocking me.
5. Age of Empires 3 - Couldn't handle the slow pace and gave up on it. Left it on the hard drive in the hope that maybe someday I'd feel like starting it up again.
6. Fear: Extraction Point - I played like 5 levels and stopped. Yet another one I don't have an explanation for since I was having an awesome time chaingunning things to death in slow motion.
7. Battle for Middle Earth 2 - Bought it, thought it was a massive improvement over the first one and found it a great deal more fun. I played about 4 missions of the good side before I got annoyed that it didn't have an actual widescreen mode and I stopped playing. The stretching was irritating me.
8. Guild Wars: Nightfall - Given that it's perfectly possible to solo this one I, again, have no explanation. I just really wanted it to be more of a social experience than it ended up being. Nobody I really know is playing it.
9. Dawn of War: Dark Crusade - There really is no explanation for this one either, but I've still not completed a single campaign on the world map, despite starting three different ones. Two on my main rig and one on my laptop.
10. Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - I bought it because another group I know was playing it co-op every so often and it was a very different experience than the 360 version. I played two levels of singleplayer and forgot I owned it.

Let's pretend console games don't exist. If I add my 360 backlog onto this I'll just get angry with myself.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 12:08:11 AM »

Quote from: fyedaddy on April 10, 2007, 04:55:24 PM

Well, it was a choice between the PS2 (I had some good games but all were very long and would not be conducive to clearing out the backlog), the Wii (many Bothans died to get me that one) and the 360 (I play alot of MP on XBL so it was a keeper), so it wasn't very hard at all.  The PS2 went bye bye and I figure I can catch up on anything I may miss when I eventually get a PS3.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
unbreakable
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 02:44:49 PM »

My plan is to let my backlog grow to 10,000 games, whereup on I move to a cave in Tibet (one with power, that is), and play through them all until I attain enlightenment.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 05:43:13 PM »

So... what's more important to people: clearing the backlog, or spending time enjoying the games in it until you're satisfied with the time you put in, whether it be a short game or a long one?

Early last year, my focus was on just clearing the backlog. And at first, that was great. But by mid-year, I realized that my focus on clearing the backlog was actually robbing me of the focus that makes this hobby fun in the first place: just enjoying the damn games. icon_biggrin

I've done really well on cutting back the rate of purchases, spending more time on the games that are really fun, and either purging or just not buying the ones that won't be fun enough to keep.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2007, 06:00:08 PM »

Quote from: Farscry on April 11, 2007, 05:43:13 PM

So... what's more important to people: clearing the backlog, or spending time enjoying the games in it until you're satisfied with the time you put in, whether it be a short game or a long one?

Those are the same thing to me.  Clearing my backlog doesn't mean I'm going to be slogging through un-fun sections just for the sake of hitting the end.  My backlog is filled with games that have a lot more joy to give me, but were pushed aside by a newer must-have title.  Off the top of my head, I got distracted partway through:  FFXII, Okami, Shadow of the Colossus, Rogue Galaxy, FFIII, FFVI, Dead Rising, Zelda Twilight, God of War I, Phoenix Wright I & II, and more. 

All top tier must-have games for my taste, but they're all on pause because I got distracted by Puzzle Questing and dusting off my PS2 Guitar Hero.  And besides already out games I want to buy, like Gears of War, Paper Mario, R6:V, and God of War 2, I've got Forza 2 and Mass Effect looming ahead ready to suck up my time.

There's just too much excellent gaming to be had these days, plain and simple.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2007, 06:36:13 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on April 11, 2007, 06:00:08 PM

There's just too much excellent gaming to be had these days, plain and simple.

Absolutely! But that's part of the fun, too. icon_biggrin

Can'twaitforForza2!

fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2007, 07:57:22 PM »

Severely cutting down on my new purchases over the past year (console and PC), and trading in dead titles towards the reduced number of new buys, has really helped me get a handle on my gaming library again. Now the biggest problem is finding the time to play the titles that survived the cut and that I honestly want to keep. Why is this is difficult to do? Tongue

I do admit to feeling the pressure of my backlog while playing through a current title. Sometimes that pressure is what triggers another round of "must trade in games!" at my household. That's something I've been fighting for the last couple of years.

--Devil
unbreakable
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2007, 11:28:31 PM »

My backlog is pretty much a creation of me playing games slowly and enjoying them.  I try to see everything and get as close to 100% as I can.  I used to be obsessed with getting perfect completion, but now... maybe not so much.

But the stuff in the backlog is quality stuff, so I'm kind of loathe to just get rid of it: it's there for a reason.
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 05:45:34 AM »

My backlog is more because my video card recently had decided to bit the big one so all the games I snapped and got :
Titan Quest and expansion.. I wanna play em... Damn the man
Supreme Commander - someday my computer will be able to play it, o dare to dream
Jagged Alliance 2
Dawn Of War/Expansions - I played the original like it was my job...
Company of Hero's

I'm sure I have random games I am forgetting, but these are the major ones.

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Clay

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2007, 01:39:37 PM »

I'm itching to play through Jagged Alliance 2 again.  I look forward to its release on the DS.

xbox live: nude rick james
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2007, 12:10:33 AM »

My list has grown way larger since the last update (I have since acquired at least half a dozen games in trade!!), so time to reorder my list. Not that anyone cares, but please note that the games coming next list has games on the top that I am waiting to play as soon as my new rig is finished (sometime next week if Intel goddamn cooperates!! The games towards the bottom of that are ones actually on the "wait list". My goal is to still play about 2 games at a time and not start a new one (and certainly not buy a new one anytime soon)until at least one of those games is finished or retired. I really hope to not buy any more games for a long time after this week. Its enough for a while, I have games to last me for months.

Games I am playing:
- Command and Conquer 3: Just started the Nod campaign, got in about a dozen multiplayer matches. I like it, but its not grabbing me like COH or WH did. The multiplayer is fun if simplistic, and I will likely finish the Nod campaign too. Just very little desire to play right now, not sure how much longer it will last.
- Titan Quest+Immortal Throne: Early in Act 3. My guy is very strong offensively, but hes taking absurd damage right now. I was totally obsessed with this game for two weekends-my interest cooled last weekend, but only because of other games, plan on finishing vanilla plus expansion soon. Just finished the original and about 1/4 through Immortal Throne. Still enjoying it but kinda sick of it now, hope to finish soon.
- GRAW 2: My lone console game right now, I still have coop missions to finish and I still love the multiplayer (although I don't play it every night like I was!). Will likely be here for several more weeks.

Games coming next:
- Warhammer: Mark of Chaos: Got this recently and loved the few missions I have played. I decided to wait on it though, since I had so many new games right now.(waiting for upgrade)
- Supreme Commander: Could barely play this when I first bought it because it crashed constantly. With my new rig coming in less than two weeks it should run just fine, and I got it for free again when I got my new motherboard. Excited to finally get into it.(waiting for upgrade)
- Medieval 2: New addition to the list, just got it in trade and played briefly. So far I think its awesome and am not sure why I waited-I am going to be playing this one for a while I think. (waiting for upgrade)
- Rogue Galaxy (ps2): My next PS2 RPG. Looking forward to starting it, but it may not be till I am done with contract work in a few months.
- Dark Crusade: Played briefly when a friend loaned it to me and LOVED the new campaign model. Its not super high on the priority list, but I would enjoy playing a campaign in this and some MP.
- Star Wars: Empire at War+Forces of Corruption: I really liked this game when it came out but got distracted quickly and gave up on it. For some reason I wasn't willing to accept the flaws of the real time system and move past it, but since I love Star Wars I want to get back into it and the demos made me want it-just got in a trade.
- Battle for Middle Earth 2: Never liked it much when I tried the demo, but people tell me its good and I'm crazy for RTS' right now, so I am going to play this one eventually.
- X3 Reunion: What a gorgeous game. I am totally craving a space combat sim right now and this game just looks so good. I know its complicated and the combat is marginal, but I am looking forward to it.
- KOTOR 1 replay. I am moving this up from the backburner because I really want to get into it soon, I am in a major star wars mood. I think right now I am going to do a build I never tried, either a lightish side Consular with Duel, or maybe with a double-saber. I am going to keep him as close to neutral as possible though.

Backburner:
- Rise of Legends: Have about 5 missions of the very last campaign to finish, and want to but am having trouble getting motivated. Also want to play some multi but its impossible to find a game.
- Company of Heroes: Single player replay and multiplayer.
- KOTOR 2 replay.
- FFVII: Will wait to play until Warning starts up.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 11:42:13 AM by Calvin » Logged
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2007, 10:51:42 AM »

I'm currently playing the games that I enjoy playing, and don't have anything waiting on the side.  How did this happen?  Well, for one, I don't go to the mall any more, so no more impulse game purchases.  Second, I got rid of my PS2, so console gaming is down to the 360 and DS, and even there, I've been Gameflying most of my games.  And on the PC, nothing much interests me outside of the games I'm already playing, mainly Guild Wars, Titan Quest, and silly games like that Tower Defense thing and Peggle.

[If I stumble across a Wii in the wild, I may again have an instant backlog.]
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 10:53:29 AM by DonD » Logged

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2007, 09:26:59 PM »

I actually hit the home stretch on FFXII after for-fucking-ever. I'm going to try and knock off a few more hunts then I may just burn off the final dungeon to end it and move on to something new. At this point I don't even care what that "something new" is. I just want something that's not a 100+ hour timesuck of a game. retard

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2007, 10:03:24 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on April 18, 2007, 09:26:59 PM

I actually hit the home stretch on FFXII after for-fucking-ever. I'm going to try and knock off a few more hunts then I may just burn off the final dungeon to end it and move on to something new. At this point I don't even care what that "something new" is. I just want something that's not a 100+ hour timesuck of a game. retard
A timesuck so awesome that I really want to get back into it soon and get to work on some of those hunts, some of those optionals like the hunt club, do some more sidestuff...you know it. You will miss it. Its on the backburner but it's coming back after Rogue Galaxy  icon_wink
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2007, 12:10:13 AM »

GRAW2 SP.  About 1/2 way through.

R6V.  Play coop missions and terrorist hunt a couple of times a week with a friend who just got his 360.

Nothing else.     

I am Xboxalot on Live.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2007, 05:32:00 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on April 10, 2007, 02:14:26 PM

Quote from: wonderpug on April 10, 2007, 02:00:17 PM

That was and is Ike Vandergraaf's plan. Instead he buys 2 games when finishing one. Good luck to you sir. I need a plan like this as well-my list to follow.

Calvin is correct.  My plan is extremely unsuccessful as it fails to take into account that games go on sale and must therfore be purchased immediately.  I have a list of nearly 200 games on my "backlog".  I keep track of them on an excel spreadsheet.  Sadly I am not joking.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2007, 05:38:36 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on April 19, 2007, 05:32:00 PM

Calvin is correct.  My plan is extremely unsuccessful as it fails to take into account that games go on sale and must therfore be purchased immediately.  I have a list of nearly 200 games on my "backlog".  I keep track of them on an excel spreadsheet.  Sadly I am not joking.

Outstanding! Any chance we might catch a look see?  icon_wink

--Devil
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2007, 07:28:37 PM »

No.  While I am willing to admit that I'm that much of a dork, I am reluctant to provide the evidence.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2007, 07:39:29 PM »

You don't need to Ike. We feel it.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2007, 01:40:20 AM »

Quote from: Purge on April 19, 2007, 07:39:29 PM

Ouch!  icon_lol

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2007, 01:55:24 AM »

Quote from: Purge on April 19, 2007, 07:39:29 PM

Score Up Score Up Score Up

I want to see it though Ike.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2007, 02:36:43 PM »

My backlog is enormous, but the good news nothing is due out that I care about for a while. The only summer release I know I want is Fire Emblem Wii and I think I can put that off till it hits the cheapbin. Oh I'll probably get the Wii version of RE4 too because I really want a proper widescreen mode and playing it with the Wiimote sounds intriguing.

Right now I am playing:

PC
-----
Neverwinter Nights 2 (in Chapter 2)
Ultima V (ugh... I need to level up a lot so I can start tackling the stuff in the Underworld)
Star Wars Jedi Knight 2 (just got my lightsaber)
These 3 basically kept me from doing more than taking a cursory look at the LOTR Online beta, but it was enough to keep me from buying it, thank goodness.

Waiting in the wings I have:
Ultima VI (to be started when I either finish or abandon Ultima V. I am just not sure if I can make myself suffer the torture of the Underworld again. I'm going to try...)
Gothic 3 (Just got this as a wedding present believe it or not. I have vowed to not start it until NWN2 is complete. Waiting for it to be patched helps with the vow.)
I'd like to try out Titan Quest at some point, but that can wait a while.
Certainly when Bioshock comes out for the PC that will be on the radar.
I'd also like to try out Guild Wars, but I am stubbornly holding out for one of the products to drop to $20.

Wii/N64/SNES
-------------------------
Super Paper Mario (in chapter 4)
Tiger Woods Wii (really need to get back to this, as I have barely started my career mode)
Wii Sports (you never really stop playing this)
Zelda LttP
Mario64
Majora's Mask
Super Mario Brothers
Donkey Kong Country

DS/GBA
-----------
Puzzle Quest (I just finished this, but haven't yet removed it... Not sure if I am going to start another char now or wait)
Final Fantasy VI (really need to get back to this. I think I was looking for the empire last I played with no idea where to go)

Waiting in the wings:
Fire Emblem (about halfway through)
Sudoku Gridmaster (need to get back to this. I've solved around 1/3-1/2 the puzzles.)
Age of Empires - Age of Kings (haven't made it out of the tutorial yet, but I really enjoy it)
Castlevania DoS - I never warmed to this, but want to give it one more fair shake before giving up
Final Fantasy IV - Haven't really even started - bought it when Circuit City had their ridiculous sale last year
Tales of Phantasia - same as FF4
Advanced Wars DS - same as FF4 and ToP.

I still have tons of gamecube stuff I never finished from Simpsons Hit and Run to Super Mario Sunshine. And every year I feel the need to replay Eternal Darkness again (because it rules).

My cup runneth over...

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: