http://gamingtrend.com
September 24, 2014, 12:45:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crysis 2  (Read 11941 times)
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: March 25, 2011, 01:26:49 PM »

Wow that sucks ceekay. Hope they get that resolved soon as the game is quite a bit of fun. I do miss the larger environments though.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: March 25, 2011, 05:37:31 PM »

I just ran into a different game-breaking bug. With that I mean that I'll have to leave the game alone until it's patched. Nano Catalysts (the game's version of XP) reset every time you restart the game, and can get locked at 0 as well (which seems to have happened to me now). This means you'll never be able to collect catalysts or upgrade abilities. This sucks.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 25, 2011, 05:42:42 PM »

Their QA department must have been asleep sounder than a Reagan International flight controller; I don't remember issues like these with the first crysis.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2011, 07:54:22 PM »

Just tried this, and played a few hours - *LOVED* the first hour or so...really, really cool - I wish they'd always make games like this. The scenery, and the horror when you realize what that is in the cages all around, the spooky corpses and when you get out in new york in broad daylight...awesome! love this!

A new one
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: March 25, 2011, 08:04:46 PM »

Couldn't stop myself from playing some more, despite the nano catalyst bug. I'll just make sure to spend everything I have and then reaching a new checkpoint before quitting the game. Hopefully that will help.

I love the Nanovision mode. It's like right out of Predator and has been done really well. Click the picture for the full resolution version.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 25, 2011, 08:10:58 PM »

hmm... inside no flicker except when there is sunlight in the area, outside in sunlight massive flicker.... windowed mode takes away the flicker.

it's the same issue I had with the last Red Faction game, so it's probably driver related in this case since one of ATI'AMD's later drivers fixed it for RFG.

Because I can,
Vidiot

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 26, 2011, 03:15:12 AM »

Quote from: kratz on March 25, 2011, 02:37:22 AM

What is your computer, Vidiot?

I just upgraded the video to 2x nVidia 2GB 560's.  Still have the same x58 based system with a 920 CPU.

Running 3x 1920x1200 monitors in nVidia surround.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 26, 2011, 03:34:01 AM »

advanced graphics options.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 26, 2011, 04:26:09 AM »

HAHA!

found a solution to the flickering without having to run the game in a window.  Apparently if you rename crysis2.exe to WoW.exe the flickering magically disappears, so now I can play flicker free.

WINNING!

Because I can,
Vidiot

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 26, 2011, 05:11:09 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 26, 2011, 04:26:09 AM

HAHA!

found a solution to the flickering without having to run the game in a window.  Apparently if you rename crysis2.exe to WoW.exe the flickering magically disappears, so now I can play flicker free.

WINNING!

Sounds like a driver issue to me.  I love how they detect what you are running by the name of the exe.  I just seems like there should be a better way.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 26, 2011, 05:33:37 PM »

Quote from: Vidiot on March 26, 2011, 05:11:09 PM

HAHA!

WINNING!

Sounds like a driver issue to me.  I love how they detect what you are running by the name of the exe.  I just seems like there should be a better way.

yeah, hopefully, hopefully it's an easy fix since the renaming works.  I'm using ATI's latest drivers, 11.2, 11.3 is nowhere to be found and they're putting out beta's of 11.4.  I wonder who will fix it first, nVidia or ATI, since both side are having reports of the same issues.

Because I can,
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 26, 2011, 06:18:46 PM »

Quote from: Vidiot on March 26, 2011, 05:11:09 PM

HAHA!

WINNING!

Isnt that if you use the CAP drivers for ATI only they recognize what you are playing? I have no idea, I just started using those you see, so I figured that might be it.

A new one
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: March 26, 2011, 09:38:49 PM »

Yay, I lost over 10000 nano catalysts on my last game exit. Not only that, but I'm in the negative by an unknown amount (it says 0, but anything I earn doesn't increase that value yet). Fun!

It's a good thing the game is so damn good, because this kind of bug is inexcusable.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 27, 2011, 11:30:59 PM »

I'll pick this up Friday. Maybe by then they'll have a quick patch out.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2011, 11:37:15 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on March 26, 2011, 09:38:49 PM

Yay, I lost over 10000 nano catalysts on my last game exit. Not only that, but I'm in the negative by an unknown amount (it says 0, but anything I earn doesn't increase that value yet). Fun!

It's a good thing the game is so damn good, because this kind of bug is inexcusable.

ouch.

Because I can,
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 28, 2011, 02:55:20 AM »

I am having major issues just logging into the PC demo to play... haven't been able to yet.  Visited EA support, which sucked, and sent me to Gamespy support, which hasn't responded... the mycrysis website is fucking worthless... it lets me log in with what appears to be existing credentials, but i can't view the profile page and see what username it thinks I have for the game itself, and I couldn't even submit the support form on their site.  Way to go, dumbasses.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2011, 03:22:08 AM »

you need to log in for a demo?   saywhat

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2011, 04:28:37 AM »

That's because, apparently, the demo ended on the 21st since it was a multiplayer only demo.  The only thing that ends up happening is you sit around in a lobby for a game that never starts.
ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2011, 08:39:23 AM »

Finally beat the single-player campaign.  The game was amazing.  Also, I didn't encounter any of the bugs that were mentioned in this thread (luckily) but one thing that pissed me off was the unskippable splash screens at the beginning of the game!

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2011, 10:20:27 AM »

supposedly the patch that enables DirectX 11 is going to be available today.

[edit] and more graphics options too without needing a 3rd party workaround: http://www.maximumpc.com/article/crysis_2_directx_11_support_and_%25E2%2580%259Cadvanced_graphics_settings%25E2%2580%259D_being_patched_tomorrow

hopefully the new options let you turn off motion blur, which was the first thing that went with advanced graphics options deal I put up earlier.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 10:51:01 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2011, 11:28:21 AM »

What? You turn off motion blur? That's one of the things that really made the original Crysis stand out, in my opinion.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2011, 02:15:30 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on March 28, 2011, 04:28:37 AM

That's because, apparently, the demo ended on the 21st since it was a multiplayer only demo.  The only thing that ends up happening is you sit around in a lobby for a game that never starts.

Well it's nice that Steam is still letting you download it then.

Sheesh.
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2011, 03:13:05 PM »

I don't know how far I am in the game. So far it has been completely engrossing. I haven't played a game this much in a long time. Pretty much every spare moment over the weekend was dedicated to Crysis.

I wish the AI was a bit better. I can snipe an entire platoon of baddies. They just sort of stand around. Does it get better with higher difficulty?

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2011, 04:14:33 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on March 28, 2011, 11:28:21 AM

What? You turn off motion blur? That's one of the things that really made the original Crysis stand out, in my opinion.

I always turn it off.  I like seeing the world around me, and in Crysis 2 it seems to be a bit over done.  I'd turn slightly and there'd be major blurring that was unnecessary.

Because I can,
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2011, 05:49:53 PM »

Just finished the game, and the ending confused me a bit:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Were we actually playing Prophet all along? Did he find the dying Alcatraz and set himself up to believe that he was that man (by leaving Alcatraz dead on the floor and pretending that he was Prophet) so that he could confuse the suit and take back control over his own body?

If so, that's brilliant!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 28, 2011, 05:58:51 PM »

and now they're saying the patch could be later this week.  or at least that's what someone from Crytek supposedly said on the forums.  why can't everyone be like Bioware and have their forums set up where if someone from the company posts in a thread there's a big bioware icon letting you know about it, and then if you click on the icon it'll bring up dev posts in said thread?

meh, since I don't feel like playing until it's fixed I may give a friend my copy to play with while I wait.  he's only got a single GPU so he shouldn't have any hassles.

Because I can,
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2011, 06:06:38 PM »

I think I figured out the lost nano catalyst bug btw, though I haven't been able to test it. When you quit the game, your nano catalyst count isn't reset to 0. It's set to the sum you had... negative. So when I quit (crashed actually, though it was my computer overheating, not the game) with 10 000 catalysts, the game probably thought I had -10 000 when I started up again. I saw this most clearly in action when I quit with 80, started up with 0 (or so the interface said), and after picking up 200 catalysts had a grand total of 120.

If none of you others are seeing this bug, it might be that it's caused by some regional setting that Crytek failed to test for. Just speculation, but I've seen worse things happen from that kind of stuff.
Grimwar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2011, 07:26:23 PM »

I hope this patch fixes a lot of the graphics issues.  I am really liking this game, but I am getting constant graphics glitches.  I have the typical flickering people complain about and RadeonPro helped me fix that, even though it will still come back for short periods of time.  I also get a ton of ghosting in high action scenes.  The images will stay on my screen for 5-10 seconds, creating a massive collage of everything that crossed my screen in that time.  Finally, everything in the distance is extremely fuzzy and looks awful compared to everything else.  Anything more than 50 feet ahead of me looks very out of focus.  

I want to keep playing, but these issues are driving me batty.

**As an added note, I loaded up Crysis 1 while I wait for the patch.  I have not touched the game in 3 years or so.  What amazes me is it looks just as good if not better than Crysis 2.  I also forgot how much fun the first one is.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 02:42:45 AM by Grimwar » Logged

Playing: Nothing really.  Bring on Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2.
Appollo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 29, 2011, 11:16:10 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on March 28, 2011, 06:06:38 PM

I think I figured out the lost nano catalyst bug btw, though I haven't been able to test it. When you quit the game, your nano catalyst count isn't reset to 0. It's set to the sum you had... negative. So when I quit (crashed actually, though it was my computer overheating, not the game) with 10 000 catalysts, the game probably thought I had -10 000 when I started up again. I saw this most clearly in action when I quit with 80, started up with 0 (or so the interface said), and after picking up 200 catalysts had a grand total of 120.

If none of you others are seeing this bug, it might be that it's caused by some regional setting that Crytek failed to test for. Just speculation, but I've seen worse things happen from that kind of stuff.

Had this happen last night. Had about 600 nanos when my pc crashed. When I came back in I was at zero and it took alot of kills before I started getting them back past 0.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2011, 02:58:23 AM »

from RPS: 'Tech compromises made for the game', aka, RPS gets really geeky.

Because I can,
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2011, 04:11:51 PM »

I think that's a joke...
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 30, 2011, 04:15:36 PM »

Quote from: kratz on March 30, 2011, 04:11:51 PM

I think that's a joke...

it's not as fun if you point it out  Tongue

(if anything the last set of pics is a dead giveaway)

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: March 30, 2011, 05:12:37 PM »

Sadly, judging by some of the comments on that page I think they needed to be more clear that it was not a real article.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 31, 2011, 08:27:50 PM »

So is the current consensus that I should get this on 360 at this point?
Appollo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 31, 2011, 08:51:06 PM »

When I fired up my computer this morning steam informed that it finished downloading Crysis 2.

Well considering I been playing it on and off all week I think it may have been patched cause it was finished downloading at release day.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 01, 2011, 12:16:43 AM »

Quote from: kratz on March 31, 2011, 08:27:50 PM

I'm a fair ways into the PC version and I'm not having any problems.  It plays surprisingly well on not exactly cutting edge hardware as well.  I'm much happier I went PC than 360 for this one. 
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2011, 12:56:05 AM »

Quote from: Appollo on March 31, 2011, 08:51:06 PM

When I fired up my computer this morning steam informed that it finished downloading Crysis 2.

Well considering I been playing it on and off all week I think it may have been patched cause it was finished downloading at release day.

i can't find the link now, but i read somewhere earlier today that the most recent patch fixes some issues with cheating in multiplayer.  they also released a patch a few days ago that fixed a number of problems including MP matchmaking, text chat, and removed auto-aim on the PC.  unfortunately, there's still now word on when (or if) they're ever going to add DX11 support...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2011, 02:58:13 AM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on April 01, 2011, 12:16:43 AM

I'm a fair ways into the PC version and I'm not having any problems.  It plays surprisingly well on not exactly cutting edge hardware as well.  I'm much happier I went PC than 360 for this one.  

I've got a Q6600, 6GB RAM, and an 8800GT... thoughts?  My WEI is 5.9, but that's based on disk transfer rate (which is sort of strange...) other than that it's a 6.9.

EDIT: Just looked at system reqs... my video card is the lowest recommended card? Ouch.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 01, 2011, 12:30:00 PM »

Quote from: kratz on April 01, 2011, 02:58:13 AM

Quote from: Kevin Grey on April 01, 2011, 12:16:43 AM

I'm a fair ways into the PC version and I'm not having any problems.  It plays surprisingly well on not exactly cutting edge hardware as well.  I'm much happier I went PC than 360 for this one. 

I've got a Q6600, 6GB RAM, and an 8800GT... thoughts?  My WEI is 5.9, but that's based on disk transfer rate (which is sort of strange...) other than that it's a 6.9.

EDIT: Just looked at system reqs... my video card is the lowest recommended card? Ouch.

I've got a Q6600 as well, but I'm running a 5850 and can play the game reasonably smoothly at Extreme settings at 1680x1050.  However, I played Crysis 1 with an 8800GT and Crysis 2 seems better optimized to me so i would guess you could get reasonably framerates playing Crysis 2 at High or Very High settings. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 01, 2011, 02:10:04 PM »

Crysis 2 seems to be like The Witcher was on release:  you can either have it run with zero problems or if you get one bug you get them all.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: