http://gamingtrend.com
April 24, 2014, 11:11:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crisis Core: FF7  (Read 11532 times)
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2008, 08:15:32 PM »

I don't think Leveling Up is entirely random- there seems to be some sort of modifier in place to make sure that when you are due for a Level Up then that roll of the wheel is far more probable. 
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2008, 10:10:05 PM »

Kevin is correct, the leveling is semi-random.  When you hit a certain stage of the game (not sure if it's determined by story progress or mission progress.  Probably a combination of the two), there is a percentage increase in your probably of hitting 777.   Eventually that percentage will hit 100% (so you're guaranteed to level), but below that there is an element of randomness to it.  In regards to how often it spins, I noticed that the closer the enemy was to your level (and the more damage you take), the greater the chance the DMW wheel will stop.  If you fight a baddies that are far lower level than you, it very rarely stops.  If you're fighting baddies that are your level or above, it stops fairly regularly.  That's really the only control the player has over the DMW.

To be honest, I had a really hard time with the DMW until I realized I had zero control over it's results.  Once I came to that realization, I just accepted the random bonuses it gave and didn't concern myself much with it.  I would have preferred a standard level-up system, but actually rather enjoyed the DMW by the end of the game.  That said, it's a very polarizing game mechanic, and I've heard from more than a few people that they quit because of it.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 23, 2008, 10:34:01 PM »

The wheel doesn't bother me any. I just built Arith the flower cart and got sent to a new town. Im lvl 33 or 34 now. I never played FF7 so I dont know how my character Zack fit into that one. All I know was that Cloud was the main guy and I just met him in this game. How the heck does he get my sword??

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 24, 2008, 09:44:58 AM »

Quote from: Daehawk on June 23, 2008, 10:34:01 PM

The wheel doesn't bother me any. I just built Arith the flower cart and got sent to a new town. Im lvl 33 or 34 now. I never played FF7 so I dont know how my character Zack fit into that one. All I know was that Cloud was the main guy and I just met him in this game. How the heck does he get my sword??

Check out the FAQ named "Plot Analysis" at GameFAQs to learn what happens between Crisis Core and FF7.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2008, 02:19:05 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on June 24, 2008, 09:44:58 AM

Check out the FAQ named "Plot Analysis" at GameFAQs to learn what happens between Crisis Core and FF7.

Thanks Eddie, that was an interesting read.  I had never been able to put the connection between Hojo, Vincent, and Sephiroth together before.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 24, 2008, 05:05:09 PM »

grr  icon_mad...so you have the buster sword now????

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 24, 2008, 11:28:20 PM »

Is that what its called? I guess so then.

Does Cloud seem a little short to anyone else? lol.

And this game seems to have some gay overtones to it smile

And thanks Eddie for that link. Reading it now.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 25, 2008, 04:41:18 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on June 24, 2008, 11:28:20 PM

And this game seems to have some gay overtones to it smile

i think pretty much all Japanese games have some gay overtones to them..i mean a lot of the guys look very Feminine...

but then theres the girls,the P.Y.T.s(michael jackson right there..i mean the song PYT..not the other 'young thing')in japanese games that look like their mothers dont care what they wear,how high their skirts are and whether they will catch their death of colds in those skimpy outfits..oh and they all have humongous,extremely large Breasts,and aren't afraid of showing them off

so i think it evens out icon_lol

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2008, 04:03:26 PM »

Well I  finished it up last night. Best game Ive played all year. Period. The story was not that great..and frankly it was damn confusing. The characters though were cool and the look was awesome. The best thing about the whole game other than the play was the music. Incredible music. I think Ill see if I an find it to listen to online.

I did hate hate hate hate hate...well maybe not hate...but was VERY disappointed in the ending. Just really soured me.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Zach did not have to die!!! They could have left it right where Zach beats Genesis the final time. I wanted to go home to Aerith. Why the hell did they label him a traitor???? Stupid damn un needed plot twist. Thats another thing about the plot and story..it made no sense. Loyal soldier members going rogue yet maybe not going rogue. Clones everywhere. In the start it made some sense..rogue Soldier agents...then by the end it made no sense at all with all the defections and Loveless story infused in it. Damn stupid way to end it. If Id known the ending I doubt Id have played it. Zach should have escaped with his love and let Cloud get away too. Or  maybe even have Zach never leave Shinra.

I wish the Turks had just found him. Stupid damn ending!! ARGH! frown

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2008, 04:07:20 PM »

If it makes you feel any better, because of the original FFVII storyline, they didn't have any choice but to end it the way they did.  There's no way
Spoiler for Hiden:
Zack could have suvived

Trust me, the ending is a lot better if you know the rest of the story.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 04:10:36 PM by Gratch » Logged

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 26, 2008, 04:29:11 PM »

In case you all missed it I did a review of the game here:

Yeah the story would be VERY confusing if you haven't played the original but if you have then it makes much more sense and it is actually a very good story providing that you know what is to come.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: