http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 05:51:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CRAP! Xbox Live question please....  (Read 548 times)
msduncan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2005, 05:49:01 PM »

Ok... So I sold my Xbox to help pay for a 360 this Christmas.    But I'm panicing now because I have Live subscription and didn't think to change anything on the box before I sold it.

What should I do?  Nothing?   I mean the person I sold it to would need the password to get on and play, right?    So I should be able to get my Xbox 360 at Xmas and enter my tag and enter password and get up and going, right?
markus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 07:04:34 PM »

Did you password protect your live account on your XBox?  If so, you should be ok.  I didn't do that for mine, so if I forgot to clear out my XBox, whomever plugged it in would probably be able to get on live as me.

You should be able to still use your account with the 360 (after converting it over of course) if it is not expired.  The only problem would be if the user gets it banned or if he/she is actually trying to use it at the same time as you, at which point one of you would get logged off.

Of course, as I said before, if you password protected it, you should be fine.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 07:27:46 PM »

There is a password on it.   It's probably a wiz for a kid to figure out though through repeated button mashing.    Hopefully the person will just clear out my info and start their own.

You think I should email them and ask them to clear out the info because I forgot?
Creepy_Smell

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 07:40:00 PM »

Quote from: "msduncan"
There is a password on it.   It's probably a wiz for a kid to figure out though through repeated button mashing.    Hopefully the person will just clear out my info and start their own.

You think I should email them and ask them to clear out the info because I forgot?

Depends. Do you think an email would perk their interest in trying to crack your account? Do you know if they even planned on using xbox live?

If you know someone else with an xbox can you log in from their xbox and change your account info (I dont have live so no clue on the feasability of this)?

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 04:05:34 AM »

if you re-import your account on a different XBOX, any other instances are invalidated and require reauthentication (so CC info etc required).

Use someone's Xbox Live connection to pull down your account. If you don't know anyone with live, I'd be happy to help. ::shrug::

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: