http://gamingtrend.com
July 26, 2014, 07:35:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crackdown - need help?  (Read 1562 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: February 24, 2007, 01:07:28 PM »

I've gotten almost all of the achievements - anyone need help with any particular one?

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 04:31:16 PM »

Can you help me stop playing??

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 05:21:28 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on February 24, 2007, 04:31:16 PM

lol, well i thought that I would post this and this thread seems like the logical place.  Jarrod and I have found that by going head on with each other, one in the super car and the other in something like a cop car you can reach the height limits, hang time limit and distance for all the achievements.  It is a good time and all it requires is a three star super car driver.

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 05:28:21 PM »

I'm gonna guess that the achievements you don't have are the agility and hidden orbs ones.  I wish there was a better way to track those down.  I got the guide to help, but it is utterly useless.  Just a bunch of blobs on a map that's too pulled out and then a series of not at all helpful pictures.  There's no way to tell where the pictures are taken, as there's no numbering or anything.  Grrr.  Any tips there?

papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 06:22:34 PM »

jump around....I am missing 2

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 06:31:43 PM »

I am officially pissed off....been trying to do that boss in the building where you have to get the switches,and his guys just keep coming,i must of killed hundreds!!!

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 07:08:53 PM »

Quote from: papasmurff on February 24, 2007, 05:21:28 PM

lol, well i thought that I would post this and this thread seems like the logical place.  Jarrod and I have found that by going head on with each other, one in the super car and the other in something like a cop car you can reach the height limits, hang time limit and distance for all the achievements.  It is a good time and all it requires is a three star super car driver.

Ooooh....far FAR easier than that.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Get your SUV and go to the top of the tower where you use the elevator to reach the boss.  It is the security dude for the Shai-Gen.   Take the SUV through the front doors and into the elevator.  Go up and slowly drive your way up the ramps to the top where you'd normally have to scale the walls.  Drive off the edge and do two front flips.
You'll get height, double flip, and hang time all at the same time!

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 07:09:39 PM »

Would it help if I joined your game and napalmed you with rockets and cluster grenades?

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 07:10:06 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 24, 2007, 06:31:43 PM

I am officially pissed off....been trying to do that boss in the building where you have to get the switches,and his guys just keep coming,i must of killed hundreds!!!

Switches?  I've not had to hit but one switch, and that was to go upstairs.  I think you are doing something unnecessary.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2007, 07:10:57 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on February 24, 2007, 05:28:21 PM

I'm gonna guess that the achievements you don't have are the agility and hidden orbs ones.  I wish there was a better way to track those down.  I got the guide to help, but it is utterly useless.  Just a bunch of blobs on a map that's too pulled out and then a series of not at all helpful pictures.  There's no way to tell where the pictures are taken, as there's no numbering or anything.  Grrr.  Any tips there?

Sorry dude, with 500 orbs total, the only hope is to play for a month of Sundays to stumble into all of them or lose out on 100 points. :0

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2007, 07:22:10 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on February 24, 2007, 07:10:06 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 24, 2007, 06:31:43 PM

Switches?  I've not had to hit but one switch, and that was to go upstairs.  I think you are doing something unnecessary.

yeah,its okay,i just found out that there are different options on how to get to him....this one,there are 3 switches and when you disable them he comes running out of the building...but i just found out there is a different way as well,getting through a door that is a bit out of the way...sounds better anyway

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 07:25:53 PM »

Yeah, finding all of the orbs is going to be a real dog.  I think the Agility ones won't be too bad (I've got around 350 of them and haven't gone to Shi-Gen lands yet), but the hidden ones are going to really suck (I only have 80 or something).  

I think getting 4 stars in the Driving ability will help you do the stunts and stuff quite a bit also, since with the SUV it gives you the ability to hold down the horn button to spring-load and bounce for more air.

I'm not really bothering with the explosive Achievements until I get rank 4 and the seeking rocket launcher.  

I do kind of wish that once you found a race/stunt circle that it would show up on the big overmap.  I always seem to go around to the same ones over and over looking for the one I want.  

Sandwiches do fix everything.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 11:47:44 PM »

i killed that guy in the building now,and i did it with the 3 switches...couldnt find the secret way in,when you blow the 3 switches the building he is in explodes and then he goes to the roof where he becomes an easy target.......got a few more as well,that fat women at the quarry,the mad doctor,and the guy who was bringing in illegal immigrants.....and i now have all my ammo agency bases

game is quite good,just cheeses you off when you are trying to make a jump and you are millimeters away from the ledge

and the narator telling you what the purple beams of light are for every 5 minutes...so i turned down his voice,LOL

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 12:35:39 AM »

That was the same way I ended up killing that guy in the oil refinery place, metallicorphan.  I got really annoyed that I couldn't get inside that building and then after I blew up the third control panel the guy just popped out up top. 

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 03:23:58 PM »

Quote from: papasmurff on February 24, 2007, 06:22:34 PM

jump around....I am missing 2

Which is the worst situation to be in.  I wish they would show up on the HUD somehow.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 10:09:31 PM »

I saw one award for throwing something more that 200 or so feet, but with my strenth maxed out nothing I ever threw probably went more that 100 feet.  Was there something that I was missing?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2007, 10:29:53 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 25, 2007, 10:09:31 PM

I saw one award for throwing something more that 200 or so feet, but with my strenth maxed out nothing I ever threw probably went more that 100 feet.  Was there something that I was missing?

Take somebody to the top of a building and toss them off, and be sure to aim a bit up before you pull the trigger. 

papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2007, 11:15:54 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on February 25, 2007, 10:29:53 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on February 25, 2007, 10:09:31 PM

Take somebody to the top of a building and toss them off, and be sure to aim a bit up before you pull the trigger. 

Or I did it by throwing someone off of the oil rig

Atragon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2007, 12:10:07 AM »

I did it from one of the Shai-Gen skyscrapers.

"We do what we must because we can."
X-Box Live: TragicNut
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2007, 12:35:21 AM »

Quote from: Atragon on February 26, 2007, 12:10:07 AM

I did it from one of the Shai-Gen skyscrapers.

Same here, but either will work. biggrin

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2007, 12:48:52 AM »

yeah i did it from wangs place....not sure if i threw a body though,i think you can throw anything.....someone said not to look down when you throw it..so i didnt,i got the achievement anyway,whether that mattered i dont know

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2007, 01:08:38 AM »

ah, so it's just the amount of feet the object travels in any direction.  here I thought it had to be straight forward.  thanks!

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2007, 03:04:21 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 26, 2007, 01:08:38 AM

ah, so it's just the amount of feet the object travels in any direction.  here I thought it had to be straight forward.  thanks!

No, I'm pretty sure that it's measured straight forward (like the car jump one), but sending it off a building will give it a lot more room to maximize it's horizontal distance. 

Also, what weapon are you guys using when you get towards the end of the game?  I end up using the one that looks like an M-60 because it holds 80 bullets in the clip and 800 total.  It seems to be as powerful as any of the others (if not more so) and I can't hit headshots for shit unless I'm right next to the guy or using the scope.  My Firearms skill is 4 stars, too. 

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2007, 03:24:20 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on February 26, 2007, 03:04:21 AM

Also, what weapon are you guys using when you get towards the end of the game?  I end up using the one that looks like an M-60 because it holds 80 bullets in the clip and 800 total.  It seems to be as powerful as any of the others (if not more so) and I can't hit headshots for shit unless I'm right next to the guy or using the scope.  My Firearms skill is 4 stars, too. 

I was using the same gun, but I actually ran out of ammo near the top of Wang's tower and ended up using a random gun and the Hothead missle launcher.  My other gun was the Firefly launcher-  I picked it up very early in the game and kept using it.  I didn't get Firearms to 4 stars though becaues I used the Firefly alot.

Because I can,
Atragon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2007, 02:45:51 PM »

No, I'm pretty sure that it's measured straight forward (like the car jump one), but sending it off a building will give it a lot more room to maximize it's horizontal distance. 

4-star firearms and the HMG-60 + 4-star explosives and the Firefly = fun.

You're right about headshots, they take forever to line up with the HMG at range, which is when I tap X to swap to the firefly and take care of the guy and his 4 buddies at the same time.

Up close the lock-on time is acceptably low for headshots, but controlled bursts to the torso work too. I can usually down 5 guys in one clip with torso shots, more if I'm only doing headshots.

"We do what we must because we can."
X-Box Live: TragicNut
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2007, 02:58:32 PM »

As a diversion, I've had a lot of fun making my own game of how to attack a base.  It's fun to enter empty handed, taking down your first guard by hand to get your first gun and then scavenging as you go like some kind of action movie.

I've also found it to be very fun to play around with the Shai Gen pistol.  Even at 3 star firearm skill, it locks on to headshots very very quickly as long as the distance isn't huge, and a single shot to the head downs a Volk--and this is with the difficulty raised a level.  Gives you a very secret agent kind of feel to take down a half dozen guards in a few seconds with silenced single shot pistol rounds.  (Probably not actually silenced, but it sounds that way when you're used to firing the deafening machine guns.)
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2007, 09:03:24 PM »

At firearms 4 I stopped using the HMG.  No accuracy to it.  Instead, I use the standard Agency assault rifle, which has really GOOD accuracy.  You can headshot people from pretty far away, pretty quickly.

Or use a pistol...that's fun too.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2007, 10:19:36 PM »

Quote from: Eightball on February 26, 2007, 09:03:24 PM

At firearms 4 I stopped using the HMG.  No accuracy to it.  Instead, I use the standard Agency assault rifle, which has really GOOD accuracy.  You can headshot people from pretty far away, pretty quickly.

Interesting... I think I need to change my weapon of choice (still the HMG and body shots) to continue working my skill up.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: