http://gamingtrend.com
April 21, 2014, 07:57:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: crackdown downloads already  (Read 1075 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2007, 07:59:24 AM »

for those of you who get crackdown today(it isnt out until friday for me)you can download 4 new agent skins from the marketplace,they are free and one has sam fisher headgear according to major nelsons site

PS:dont forget though that xbox live is down for maintenance from 2am -5am PT(expect it to be an hour or two after 5am,it always is)...actually,it will be down in two hours from now(8am GMT right now,midnight in san frannie and co)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 03:19:34 PM »

I thought it was shipping today, not actually out.  I may need to give EB a call-  not that I need another game to throw on the backlog  icon_smile

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 03:22:00 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 20, 2007, 03:19:34 PM

I thought it was shipping today, not actually out.  I may need to give EB a call-  not that I need another game to throw on the backlog  icon_smile

Pretty sure that some of the major chains were advertising in store Tuesday, so I would guess that there is a strong possibility that it shipped early and was street dated for today. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 03:35:14 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on February 20, 2007, 03:22:00 PM

Pretty sure that some of the major chains were advertising in store Tuesday, so I would guess that there is a strong possibility that it shipped early and was street dated for today. 

I guess I missed the automated phone call last night.  I just noticed I had a voice mail message and sure enough it was that compu-chick from Gamestop.  With my recent purchases I'm tempted to hold off on Crackdown but I'd like to be able to get the option of being in the Halo 3 MP beta if I want to.

Because I can,
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 03:38:19 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on February 20, 2007, 03:22:00 PM

Yeah, I talked to a few places that said they already had it in last week but they couldn't sell it until today.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 03:41:15 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 20, 2007, 03:35:14 PM

I guess I missed the automated phone call last night.  I just noticed I had a voice mail message and sure enough it was that compu-chick from Gamestop.  With my recent purchases I'm tempted to hold off on Crackdown but I'd like to be able to get the option of being in the Halo 3 MP beta if I want to.

You can hold off until the beta's released before picking it up then:  it's not going to be out this week.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 03:43:01 PM »

Quote from: Brendan on February 20, 2007, 03:41:15 PM

You can hold off until the beta's released before picking it up then:  it's not going to be out this week.

I think he's saying that he wants to have the game in hand before potential future pressings of Crackdown without the beta key hit. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 03:44:19 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on February 20, 2007, 03:43:01 PM

I think he's saying that he wants to have the game in hand before potential future pressings of Crackdown without the beta key hit. 

yeah, what Kevin said  icon_biggrin

Because I can,
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 03:44:28 PM »

Yep, it's out today. Stores have had it since last week.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 04:44:07 PM »

The Wal-Mart here in Elizabethton had 2 full rows of it, so Wal-Mart should be a good place to get it if the B&M specialty stores don't have it.

I'm off this afternoon and will play it some. I hope to have posted impressions up this evening.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
nymanium
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 04:48:15 PM »

Grabbed the next to last on at Meijer last night at around 1 am using the 20% off coupon they had going for President's Day. Fun game, and I perfer the new models to the ones that come with it, not a big fan of the tatoos and piercings on the majority of them.
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 07:04:46 PM »

That's not how it works - there's no "key".  Distribution of the beta is handled through a Crackdown menu option that'll eventually be disabled via Live when the beta's over.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 07:44:00 PM »

I was going to get it today, but realized on my way that I didn't have the $10 off coupon I thought I did.  Oh well, I'll just get it tomorrow.  Of course, in order to play it, I have to stop playing Vanguard, and that's probably not in the cards for the immediate future, but I'm getting the game now because the coupon expires early next week.

papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 08:52:21 PM »

this is a fun game.  IF you played the demo you played the game!  Everything is the same except you level a whole lot slower!!!!!  Other than that the only issue I have had was some lag with co-op.  Hopefully those issues were corrected with the update today

Edit: you must be a level 3 agility to reach the top of the agency tower
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 02:18:22 AM by papasmurff » Logged

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 02:34:17 AM »

Were you guys able to download the new agent Four-Play Pack from the marketplace?  On mine it shows the red cancel/not available icon in the price slot, and I'm thinking it's because my Gold subscription just ended last week. 

I can understand them giving Gold members demos and video previews and such ahead of Silver members, but not free content for a game I just freaking payed $60 for!  Dillholes. 

EDIT: D'oh, I just noticed on the back of this 48-hour Gold trial included in the game that it "allows access to online multiplayer gaming, but not to other Gold Membership features".  Double Dillholes. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 02:43:25 AM by EngineNo9 » Logged

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2007, 02:48:57 AM »

Quote from: Brendan on February 20, 2007, 07:04:46 PM

That's not how it works - there's no "key".  Distribution of the beta is handled through a Crackdown menu option that'll eventually be disabled via Live when the beta's over.

So every single copy of Crackdown is guaranteed to allow access to the Halo 3 beta until it ends?
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2007, 02:55:43 AM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on February 21, 2007, 02:48:57 AM

Quote from: Brendan on February 20, 2007, 07:04:46 PM

So every single copy of Crackdown is guaranteed to allow access to the Halo 3 beta until it ends?

I'm guessing everybody will have access to the client.  Actually being able to log in and play will be a crapshoot.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 02:14:01 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2007, 03:30:17 AM »

Yeah, the email I just got from XBox says "All Crackdown purchases made in North America include an invitation into the Halo 3 multiplayer public beta if purchased before the Halo 3 beta period begins.  Crackdown packages will be specifically marked with a Halo 3 sticker before the beta begins." 

To me that pretty much says that all copies purchased before the beta begins will be getting access to beta, but to make sure check for the Halo sticker. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: