http://gamingtrend.com
September 20, 2014, 06:57:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crackdown!  (Read 1496 times)
EngineNo9
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 22, 2006, 04:14:44 AM »

Crackdown is one of the 360 titles that I have been anxiously awaiting, sitting out delays and just hoping it comes out decent.  Along with the annoucement that it is apparently now dated for February 20th (a couple months earlier than I expected), the almighty KD posted two new videos that get me excited all over.  icon_biggrin

Seriously, a free-roaming GTA-esque world with a character that basically evolves into the Hulk?  Massive jumps, kicking cars, throwing dudes...how can you not love that?  Oh, and it has full co-op support over Live. 

Ok, I'll admit this likely won't be the second coming, but if the extra time has allowed them to polish it up and it is half as fun as it looks, I'm all over it!

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 05:00:37 AM »

Hey that actually sounds kinda cool!
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 06:18:40 AM »

yeah this game definitely looks cool.  the lead designer of Crackdown was one of the creators of the first GTAs at Rockstar I believe
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 06:19:59 AM »

january 18th is the day that a demo of this appears on xbox marketplace,so thats a date to mark on yer calender

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 06:22:12 AM »

This is my next most anticipated 360 game.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2006, 06:23:10 AM »

The physics of this game crack me up!  Looks like a lot of fun!  I love the videos I have seen and I cant wait to play the demo.

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2006, 01:38:12 PM »

That looks hot.

However, notice the very last part of the vid. He reloads with nothing in his hand.  hmmm.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 01:38:30 PM »

Achievements for juggling a vehicle 3 times with a rocket.  How can you go wrong?  This looks like its gonna be an insane amount of fun.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2006, 03:36:31 PM »

Yay, finally I'm not alone in my anticipation!  icon_biggrin

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2006, 03:42:33 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on December 22, 2006, 03:36:31 PM

Yay, finally I'm not alone in my anticipation!  icon_biggrin

no, you're still alone.  All the cool kids anticipating Crackdown have a private club and we have a strict policy against people with the phrase 'EngineNo9' conected to them in any way  Tongue

OK, maybe you can have ATB......

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on December 22, 2006, 01:38:30 PM

Achievements for juggling a vehicle 3 times with a rocket.  How can you go wrong?  This looks like its gonna be an insane amount of fun.

I see many, many hours of fun trying to do that.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2006, 11:04:41 PM »

YOU WIN.

Im excited.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Louis Cypher

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2006, 02:24:56 AM »

Live Gamer Tag: Kitten0Death
PSN: CabriX
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2006, 10:22:54 PM »

I don't like to link to IGN, but they have three new videos that each showcase one of the skills that you develop as you play: Firearms, Agility/Jumping and Driving.  Hell yeah!

I hope this game has a robust assortment of extra activities, hidden things and achievements because it looks made for craziness. 

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2006, 03:03:06 PM »

Along with the annoucement that it is apparently now dated for February 20th (a couple months earlier than I expected),

Wow, that's a couple months later than I expected. Last time I read about Crackdown, it was supposed to be an '06 release.
Then again I guess I have been living under a rock when it comes to 360 news as I sold my last one and am eagerly saving up for another!  icon_biggrin

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2006, 04:20:33 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on December 24, 2006, 03:03:06 PM

Along with the annoucement that it is apparently now dated for February 20th (a couple months earlier than I expected),

Wow, that's a couple months later than I expected. Last time I read about Crackdown, it was supposed to be an '06 release.
Then again I guess I have been living under a rock when it comes to 360 news as I sold my last one and am eagerly saving up for another!  icon_biggrin

*nod*  MS and RTW quietly delayed it to Q1 under the blanket of holiday releases.  Smart planning.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2007, 07:23:22 PM »

There's a pretty lengthy interview with the lead designer of Crackdown over at FiringSquad where they cover all sorts of things about the game.

The one thing that has me a little concerned, though, is the total openness of the world with seemingly no real story or missions to propel the player along.  I love screwing around and doing all sorts of crazy things in these games as much as the next guy (if not more), but I also like to be able to do a mission or two now and then to feel like I'm making progress.  I guess it might not be bad as long as they clearly show the player where the gang bosses and kingpins are and the details of their relationship like he explained in the interview. 

I also had to go back to IGN to check out those awesome videos...they get me excited every damn time!  Less than two weeks until we can check out the demo.

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2007, 08:52:03 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on January 06, 2007, 07:23:22 PM

The one thing that has me a little concerned, though, is the total openness of the world with seemingly no real story or missions to propel the player along.  I love screwing around and doing all sorts of crazy things in these games as much as the next guy (if not more), but I also like to be able to do a mission or two now and then to feel like I'm making progress.  I guess it might not be bad as long as they clearly show the player where the gang bosses and kingpins are and the details of their relationship like he explained in the interview. 

If it is completely free flowing as suggested above, they just lost a sale.  I want a cohesive progression. Not 100% sandbox.  Meh.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2007, 09:35:27 PM »

Quote from: ATB on January 06, 2007, 08:52:03 PM

Quote from: EngineNo9 on January 06, 2007, 07:23:22 PM

If it is completely free flowing as suggested above, they just lost a sale.  I want a cohesive progression. Not 100% sandbox.  Meh.

The cohesive progression is in your character.  You become stronger, faster, etc. as you progress instead of some story dictating what is 'next'.  If you try to assault a crime lord and fail, perhaps you might have more luck fighting against a different one for the time being.  *shrug*  We'll know soon....

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2007, 09:39:19 PM »

Yeah, I've never been a huge fan of sandbox-only type play, but for this one I'm willing to give it a try.  Hopefully there is at least some sort of story/information conveyed to the player so you know what your options are and don't feel lost and directionless.  

papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2007, 09:49:17 PM »

I will be pre-ordering this game......sorry the Halo 3 beta is what is selling me on this game.......I will say it does look kinda interesting

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2007, 03:25:37 PM »

Quote from: papasmurff on January 06, 2007, 09:49:17 PM

I will be pre-ordering this game......sorry the Halo 3 beta is what is selling me on this game.......I will say it does look kinda interesting

I am luke warm on the game, but the HALO 3 BETA has me sucked in.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2007, 06:38:20 PM »

eh, is there really going to be no missions?
Mattc0m

Hardcore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2007, 07:40:09 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on December 22, 2006, 04:14:44 AM

Ok, I'll admit this likely won't be the second coming, but if the extra time has allowed them to polish it up and it is half as fun as it looks, I'm all over it!

With the Halo 3 Beta coupon thing, it may just be the second coming.  :icon_eek:

matt "mattc0m" richards
new project: GamesCast TV: eSports Television
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: