http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 11:46:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Couple KoTor 2 Questions  (Read 1156 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2005, 04:56:15 PM »

I'm working through the game as a Sith (haven't yet completed it as a Jedi), but I'm noting striking differences in the occurrences of events.

Minor  to medium  spoilers as noted:

1.  MINOR: Upon leaving telos as a Sith, the handmaiden has stowed away, but as a jedi, i'm all the way to onderon and don't have her.

2. MEDIUM to MAJOR- On Nar Shadaar, as  Sith, i slaughtered all elements of the Exchange that I could.  As a Jedi, I left the colony and the leader of the exchange is still alive (though I've freed the girl and killed some of his guards).  As a result (?) none of the sequences where I get kidnapped  by GOTO and my allies attempt to rescue me occured.  And finally, I've still not been able to find the Jedi on that planet.  However, with the Sith, i steamrolled through the yacht, found the Jedi and moved on.

End Spoilers

Also, as the sith, I at one point had Dark Mastery and as a result a bonus of 50 force points.  Unfortunately, I commited a decent act and that's moved me off of Dark Mastery.  Will I be able to get back to it if I continue to be a very naughty guy?
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 05:37:00 PM »

1. MINOR: Upon leaving telos as a Sith, the handmaiden has stowed away, but as a jedi, i'm all the way to onderon and don't have her.

When I played through the game as a Jedi, Handmaiden stowed away aboard my ship, too.  I don't think your choice of alignment has had any affect on this.

2. MEDIUM to MAJOR- On Nar Shadaar, as Sith, i slaughtered all elements of the Exchange that I could. As a Jedi, I left the colony and the leader of the exchange is still alive (though I've freed the girl and killed some of his guards). As a result (?) none of the sequences where I get kidnapped by GOTO and my allies attempt to rescue me occured. And finally, I've still not been able to find the Jedi on that planet. However, with the Sith, i steamrolled through the yacht, found the Jedi and moved on.

Again, playing as a jedi, I pursuaded the leader of the Exchange to let the girl go free and continued with the rest of the storyline, including getting kidnapped by Goto.  Nar Shaddaa is a *highly* scripted planet, and certain events have to occur before the next scripted event will kick off -- for example, a friend of mine got stuck because he had never gone *inside* the Ebon Hawk to kill all the Exchange members when they tried to steal the ship.  As a result, none of the other story elements ever kicked in.

If you haven't already, go and speak with the Exchange leader who kidnapped the girl.  Make sure you've also cleaned out the Ebon Hawk.  Aside from that, I don't know how to advise you....

Also, as the sith, I at one point had Dark Mastery and as a result a bonus of 50 force points. Unfortunately, I commited a decent act and that's moved me off of Dark Mastery. Will I be able to get back to it if I continue to be a very naughty guy?

Yes.

-Autistic Angel
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 08:52:54 PM »

You will only get handmaiden in your party if you're male, otherwise you get a guy named Disciple on Dantooine.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2005, 10:53:30 PM »

Thanks all.

Turtle, you answered the question i was specifically wondering..since my jedi is female...I guess that makes all the difference.

As for clearing out the exchange in the ebon hawk...i've left the planet...never having the opportunity to clean them out...
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 03:21:52 PM »

After reading through the spoilers I believe you mean KoTor 2. frown
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 03:56:50 PM »

Sorry Jantze.  On the scheme of things, there not major plot points or turns...so hopefully too much hasn't been spoiled...
croman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 04:04:32 PM »

Quote from: "Turtle"
You will only get handmaiden in your party if you're male, otherwise you get a guy named Disciple on Dantooine.

I was wondering about that also, I am playing through the dark side as a femail and have not seen the Handmaiden.

This kinda upsets me, she was one of my favorite characters.  Hopefully Disciple is not that bad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: