http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 09:28:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Costume Quest 2 Announced  (Read 273 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2014, 01:07:52 PM »

No details yet, but Costume Quest 2 is coming this Halloween smile

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 03:27:02 PM »

Totally unexpected but fantastic news!!!!  The original is easily one of my top five games of all time.  The music, atmosphere, and charm took me back to my childhood.  It absolutely captured the spirit of neighborhood trick or treating from back then.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 03:47:19 PM »

They had a funny announcement video as usual for Double Fine these days.

Sadly it seems like they won't have voice overs for this game.  I thought the first one was cute but would have been improved immensely by good VO.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 03:57:31 PM »

Iím glad itís in production but it also makes me a bit worried.  Isnít this about the 3rd or 4th game Doublefine has in production right now?  As far as I know they arenít a very big studio, wouldnít it be better to, you know, finish a game before you start another one?
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 06:50:35 PM »

Pretty excited about this one too. I actually didn't play Costume Quest until well after release, when I finally picked it up cheap on a Steam sale. Absolutely loved it. I'm a huge Halloween nut, and the theming was perfect.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 09:03:02 PM »

Double Fine has pretty much settled into a Telltale Games style of doing many mid-tier AA projects at once, instead of banking everything on costly AAA development.

I think how they get away with it is that most of the studio is working on their primary 1-2 projects, while more newly announced stuff is still in preproduction and planning with a smaller team.

It's one of the few ways developers can do AA development nowadays.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 02:02:22 AM »

Quote from: Lordnine on March 11, 2014, 03:57:31 PM

Iím glad itís in production but it also makes me a bit worried.  Isnít this about the 3rd or 4th game Doublefine has in production right now?  As far as I know they arenít a very big studio, wouldnít it be better to, you know, finish a game before you start another one?

I think their studio has enough people for up to 4 small projects to be in production at a time.  Games at different points of development don't need the same amount of people throughout, so having some starting while others are in full production or winding down is a good thing and helps eliminate cycles of layoffs.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 09:24:16 AM »

Here's a trailer.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 08:59:22 PM »

I wasn't reading names and almost replied to myself with a movie suggestion for someone who liked Halloween theming so much.  tear
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: