http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 09:01:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Controller Sensitivity When Upsizing Your TV?  (Read 299 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2011, 05:37:31 PM »

I'm moving up from a 30" to a 46" and I don't know if it's just the screen size change (and the graphics moving from 780 to 1080), but my perspective and timing are way off since the upgrade.

When you have moved from a large tv to a small one or vice versa, have you had to adjust your game in order to make it 'feel' like it did on your old screen?  Theoretically, everything should be proportional, no? So I shouldn't need to adjust anything, yes?

I'm wondering if I should just give myself time to get used to it or if there's something I need to tweak via conventional wisdom.

Also, I had no idea.  Just no idea. Moving from 780 to 1080. Wow. What have I been missing all these years?
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 05:42:23 PM »

Just give it time.  When I have a weekend to myself I move the recliner directly in front of the TV about 3-4' away, and at first it's freakishly huge and disorienting.  But when I move back to a normal viewing distance, it again looks weird and disorienting for a bit.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 05:54:13 PM »

And don't blame the TV for your k/d going down slywink

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Krillin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 05:59:43 PM »

You might need put put your tv into "game mode".  The description that pops up on my tv's menu says it turns off all the fancy processing to reduce input lag. 
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 06:05:27 PM »

You're using the same aspect ratio (16:9) so it really shouldn't matter. I think its just a visual adjustment thing and you'll be back to the same skill in short time. I do all my gaming (console and PC)  on a 40' 1080p HDTV, and I don't  find it even makes much difference when using different aspect ratios and resolutions with PC games. Of course I'm really quite poor at online games, so maybe that's the difference. smile
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 06:31:38 PM by kronovan » Logged
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 06:44:21 PM »

Yeah if you're noticing a difference with the controller, it's probably input lag.  Different sets can have big differences in lag.  Did you change technologies like go from a plasma to LCD or something like that?  Check and see if your TV has a game mode as you'll want to use that if so.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 06:46:37 PM »

I've been playing on a wall mounted 46" TV for awhile now...is that why I suck?  I should have been playing on a small screen all this time.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 07:32:58 PM »

Dear Leo,

I sit less than 5 feet from a 55" LCD. That's why ATB is better than me - I always have to turn my head to see my ammo. frown

Sincerely,

Purge

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 04:46:01 AM »

you guys are so wrong...  ninja
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: