http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 03:03:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Confrontation: Age of Rag'Narok  (Read 505 times)
baelthazar
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2012, 03:59:40 AM »

*Cross posted at Octopus Overlords*

Haven't seen a thread about this one, so I thought I would post some info.

http://www.confrontation-thegame.com/

A new tactical RTS by Cyanide Studios and published by Focus Home Interactive. Cyanide were the makers of Blood Bowl and A Game of Thrones Genesis. Confrontation is sort of like a mix of those two games and is in the style of Dawn of War II and Spellforce II. The game is based on a tactical minis board game that has seen multiple iterations over the past few years. Anyway, they just stated the game is set for release on April 5.

I got a chance to preview Confrontation, so if you are interested, take a look:

http://grogheads.com/articles/prev-confrontation.html

For fans of squad-based RPG RTS hybrids, such as Spellforce and Dawn of War, the future holds another dark and bloody battle in Confrontation. So gird your sword, hoist the standard of the fire god Merin, and prepare to fight in desolate deserts, unholy underground alchemical labs, werewolf haunted forests, and orc infested canyons. Keep your eyes open for their arrival, for the Age of Rag'Norak is at hand!
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 11:51:37 AM »

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on that one. I have quite a lot of minis from that game, and am trying my hand at creating my own ruleset/boardgame for them, since I have no interest in actually playing the Confrontation game. I may borrow some ideas from this game if it's any good smile
Kurt Stevens
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 02:31:31 AM »

Sounds interesting.  I'm kind of shocked this saw the light of day since the company that made the miniature game is out of business and the game isn't being made any longer.  I'll have to keep an eye out on this one.  I had some of the mini's but never actually played the game.
kronovan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 07:04:09 PM »

Quote from: The Rocketman on March 22, 2012, 11:51:37 AM

I have quite a lot of minis from that game, and am trying my hand at creating my own ruleset/boardgame for them, since I have no interest in actually playing the Confrontation game.

I got in a session of Confrontation The Age of the Rag'Narok minatures game once and I wasn't very impressed. One thing I noted is that the setting has little or nothing to do with the Ragnarok of Norse mythology. The manufacturer -Rakman- did spell it differently, but IMO they're still guilty of a blatant ripoff of existing mythology for their own purposes. And on top of that their setting seemed pretty lame. I also wasn't very impressed with what Cyanide produced with AGoT Genesis - I'll be taking a pass on this.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 05:23:54 AM by kronovan » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: