http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 06:32:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Confirmed ? - Diablo 3 for consoles. Link via Blue's  (Read 1154 times)
Roman
Gaming Trend Senior Member

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2012, 04:09:55 PM »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-10-diablo-3-console-release-confirmed

Hmm. Still think that PC would be my preference in terms of platforms - but sitting on my couch does sound nice for hours at a time.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 03:22:18 PM by Roman » Logged

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
KC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 04:19:40 PM »

That's good to know.  Sacred on the 360 proved that these types of games could work on a console.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 04:23:33 PM »

Shit, I know what's going to happen here.  It's going to come out for the PC and then, like, a year later we'll see it on consoles, but I'll spend that year itching to pull the trigger on PC, waiting for a sale that'll never come to make the decision easier.  Then one of two things'll happen.  I'll buy the PC version LTTP and the console version will have extra stuff and be highly praised, or I'll wait for the console version and it'll be gimped or go the way of Ghost and Warcraft Adventures.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 04:26:27 PM »

I wonder if they'll pull off cross-platform play.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 04:29:20 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on January 10, 2012, 04:23:33 PM

Shit, I know what's going to happen here.  It's going to come out for the PC and then, like, a year later we'll see it on consoles, but I'll spend that year itching to pull the trigger on PC, waiting for a sale that'll never come to make the decision easier.  Then one of two things'll happen.  I'll buy the PC version LTTP and the console version will have extra stuff and be highly praised, or I'll wait for the console version and it'll be gimped or go the way of Ghost and Warcraft Adventures.

So just make the decision right now to buy the PC version.  smile  Unless they announce them to be releasing simultaneously there will likely be a long period between the two releases so just plan on getting both.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 06:05:43 PM »

Good for them!  PC version is still going to be awesome and they'll get tons of free updates.  Console version will be worth checking out for sure.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 06:23:49 PM »

I'm still hoping they can get controller support into the PC version at launch
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 07:12:25 PM »

Cool - I much prefer console controllers for this style of game.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 07:19:24 PM »

Blasphemy!!!!

The Diablo product line was created in conjunction with the Devil to give everyone Carpal Tunnel.  Diablo mouse clicking INVENTED carpal tunnel!!!!     icon_evil icon_twisted icon_evil
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 07:32:37 PM »

Damn.  I'd prefer it on the console but there is no possible way I can wait that long.  Oh well.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 09:19:09 PM »

I'm wondering how the RMAH would work on the consoles. Aren't MS and Sony going to want a cut?

Ruining language with my terrible words.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 09:31:03 PM »

Quote from: Misguided on January 10, 2012, 09:19:09 PM

I'm wondering how the RMAH would work on the consoles. Aren't MS and Sony going to want a cut?

I bet the RMAH will be PC only.
Pong
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 10:29:06 AM »

Seems it's not confirmed anyway (dunno how legit this is, just saw it on another news site)
https://twitter.com/#!/Bashiok/status/156876497930563586

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 02:00:43 PM »

Quote from: Pong on January 11, 2012, 10:29:06 AM

Seems it's not confirmed anyway (dunno how legit this is, just saw it on another news site)
https://twitter.com/#!/Bashiok/status/156876497930563586

Quick, Cat! Get back in the bag!

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 03:22:35 PM »

thread titled changed accordingly.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 04:46:21 PM »

I am amazed at how good Blizzard is at setting the Internet on fire.  They just say a couple words and people dissect it for days.  They are masters at it.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 09:48:12 PM »

Community : Is Diablo 3 confirmed for consoles?
Blizzard : Yes, it even has a lead designer.
Community : So, Diablo 3 is coming to consoles?
Blizzard : We didn't say that slywink

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 10:37:25 PM »

Confirmed: Diablo 3 will be on PS3 and Vita with cloud saves so that you can seamlessly play between both platforms!

Not really, but I can dream  icon_twisted

The ARPG (forgot the name) that is coming out for Vita will work like that though.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 07:04:09 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on January 10, 2012, 09:31:03 PM

Quote from: Misguided on January 10, 2012, 09:19:09 PM

I bet the RMAH will be PC only.

If that turns out to be true I don't see how they could possibly have cross-platform play.

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 10:43:44 AM »

Blizzard can put a pile of dog crap in a game box and it'd still sell millions of copies.

Not to say they don't produce great games (I'm still playing Warcraft 3 online to this day) but they have a huge, almost blind loyal base when it comes to their games.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 04:48:44 PM »

And they continue to have that loyal fan base exactly because they don't put a pile of dog crap in a box and ship it.  They might sell a million copies the first time, but that would quickly lose them a lot of their good will with the community.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 05:47:58 PM »

I really wish they'd use some small percentage of their bajillions to fund smaller, riskier projects.  Sort of like how Pixar lets their newbies handle the pre-feature shorts.  I'm sure there are a ton of really neat ideas coming out of the Blizzard minds that get shot down so that they can keep playing it safe with their tried'n'true megafranchises.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 06:21:12 PM »

Like Blackstone.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2012, 08:27:58 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on January 12, 2012, 05:47:58 PM

I really wish they'd use some small percentage of their bajillions to fund smaller, riskier projects.  Sort of like how Pixar lets their newbies handle the pre-feature shorts.  I'm sure there are a ton of really neat ideas coming out of the Blizzard minds that get shot down so that they can keep playing it safe with their tried'n'true megafranchises.

Yeah, they could start another brand for funky stuff like Popcap did. Like you said, lots of talented folks working there.

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2012, 01:31:08 PM »

The rumor lives again.. although this time they are claiming as a PS3 exclusive.

Unconfirmed but a German retailer appears to be suggesting Diablo III will be console exclusive to the PS3, with full details announced tomorrow. We should stress that, as this is a simple boxshot and placeholder leak, nothing is detailed or confirmed. What is suggesting that it might be exclusive is the fact that its listed on that site for PS3 but not for Xbox 360.

You might remember that I mentioned rumours that Diablo III was having problems with Microsoft certification for a 360 release when I speculated about possible Sony announcements last week.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/06/04/rumour-diablo-iii-console-exclusive-on-ps3/comment-page-3/

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2012, 01:45:27 PM »

You know, I just realized that the fact that Blizzard is saving my progress online means this might be a very expensive move.

I can see myself getting it on a console to continue progress and if, by some insane chance, it does come to Vita, there we'd go again.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 05:49:14 PM »

I'm not sure I'd rebuy it in ps3, but I sure as hell would on Vita!
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2012, 09:15:13 PM »

If it was PS3 exlcusive that could make sense given the restrictions MS places on their network. Blizzard supports their games for years with updates/patches and I believe Sony is far more loose with letting games be updated. Blizzard could feel thats to much of a pain to deal with.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2012, 10:06:09 PM »

Was also about to post about this. Just like how we're only seeing Steam on PS3, we might only see Battlenet in its current form on PS3.

However, I doubt MS will pass it up, it's probably a matter of time before it comes to all consoles, it was probably just easier to get it on PS3.

Anyway, the Sony conference is tonight, and after MS's okay conference, announcing Diablo 3 for consoles only for PS3 would be a pretty big win. Then again, there is that whole always online thing....
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2012, 01:55:21 AM »

Bring it.... I prefer my action RPGs on the consoles.
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2012, 02:35:37 AM »

Quote from: Jumangi on June 04, 2012, 09:15:13 PM

If it was PS3 exlcusive that could make sense given the restrictions MS places on their network. Blizzard supports their games for years with updates/patches and I believe Sony is far more loose with letting games be updated. Blizzard could feel thats to much of a pain to deal with.

MS let EA pull their ' it must only be our servers   ' crap, I can't imagine that they'd let Blizzard get away for the same thing...

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: