http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 04:26:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Company of Heroes Impressions  (Read 14883 times)
Lockdown
Gaming Trend Senior Member

LD

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2006, 01:49:44 PM »

Kobra: Sorry if I misled you with my co-op comment.  What I meant was LAN Co-Op play on the same team against the A.I. in skirmish mode.  That's the way my nephew and I like to play when we play RTS games together.

Regarding your posting problems... I can tell you how I get around it, which might help.  When you get the error, the next key you should hit is PREVIEW.  Then, after it shows it to you, simply click POST again.  Works everytime for me.  YMMV of course.

And regarding my comments about speed and resource stuff.... Here is what I find perplexing:

Relic (who I won't bash cause I love those guys) have put a gamespeed slider into Dawn of War, yet it is missing here.  They also had a way to mess with how fast resources were gathered in Homeworld, which is also missing here.  It's obvious they know the mechanics of how to do these things, but for some reason decided not to add them in CoH.  Others are suggesting it is a purposeful decision that is related to gameplay, which of course is their perogative.  I just wish they would have included the option.

Arkon: you ready to try this one out?  How's your machine handling it?  I can show you how to throw a mean satchel charge!   icon_biggrin

LD

"A young woman led them across the galaxy, and it is she who will lead them again.  Her name is Karan S'jet."
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2006, 02:00:57 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on September 14, 2006, 01:49:44 PM

Arkon: you ready to try this one out?  How's your machine handling it?  I can show you how to throw a mean satchel charge!   icon_biggrin

I am not very good yet, but not doing badly.  The funny thing is the FPS I got in the performance test doesn't seem accurate from what I am getting actually playing so I should be ok.  I think it is just my video card killing me/them optimizing for Nvidia cards and I have an ATI Radeon 9800 XT 256mb.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2006, 02:13:45 PM »

While I'm thinking about it, I wanted to post another thing I really like about the game.  The way they did the A.I. is great.  In quite a few RTS games, if you set up the game to play against the A.I. - even if you pick a 2 vs 2, you can only set one A.I. intelligence level.  CoH lets you choose each A.I. seperately.  I think there are 4 levels (Easy, Normal, Hard, Insane).  If you are playing against two computer opponents, you could set up one comp as Easy and the other as Normal.  I always liked RTS games that let you do that. 

And overall, the A.I. isn't bad.  They do some really smart things from time to time even, which is encouraging as heck.  Even on Normal, I think most non-experienced players will find it quite entertaining and challenging.  I don't know how well it scales though, as I haven't tested anything higher than Normal in quite some time.  I actually find myself getting caught up watching the fights, so I don't think I could handle anything harder until the joy of watching guys get blown out of buildings with satchel charges or grenades wears off.

LD

"A young woman led them across the galaxy, and it is she who will lead them again.  Her name is Karan S'jet."
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2006, 02:17:03 PM »

Game sounds really great but I'm pretty much putting a hold on all PC Gaming until I get a new box when Vista/DirectX 10 video cards hit so if this one is such an eye candy treat then it might be worth waiting. 
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2006, 06:02:03 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on September 14, 2006, 01:49:44 PM

Lockdown, thanks for the tips.. Regarding "Satchel" charges, let me explain to you satchel rushing.  :slywink:

Load up 2-3 half tracks with satchel carrying engineers, drive them into the enemy base, quickly unload, make sure to have each unit hotkeyed.  The Satchel Charge each building into dust.  You can end a game after about 5 minutes, but it is cheap.  Certainly fun to test with my son when he allows me to mess around.  You can level a base in seconds.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 06:03:56 PM by Kobra » Logged

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2006, 06:24:19 PM »

Man, I would never use that tactic, as it sounds so not right. 

I hope to God they don't nerf my favorite thing in the game cause of that though!  Oh man, would that suck!

Off topic a bit... has anyone testing landmines out as far as damage to certain vehicles?  Like, will one plot of mines take out a jeep, or halftrack, or small tank?  Just curious how worthwhile these badboys are.

LD

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2006, 06:45:36 PM »

Has anyone been able to get the "Bronze Star" achievement in the fourth mission?  I've experimented with a few different defensive setups, but I just can't seem to cause 250 Axis casualties before completing the mission.  So far, my high score is 238 which is close, but I'd swear there just aren't 250 enemy units in play....

-Autistic Angel
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2006, 08:04:20 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on September 14, 2006, 06:45:36 PM

Has anyone been able to get the "Bronze Star" achievement in the fourth mission?  I've experimented with a few different defensive setups, but I just can't seem to cause 250 Axis casualties before completing the mission.  So far, my high score is 238 which is close, but I'd swear there just aren't 250 enemy units in play....

-Autistic Angel

Yeah, its very hard though, start a new thread for strategy/tips or PM me and we will flesh out a good strategy-don't want to get in the way of impressions in this one smile
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2006, 08:41:32 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on September 14, 2006, 06:24:19 PM

Man, I would never use that tactic, as it sounds so not right. 

I hope to God they don't nerf my favorite thing in the game cause of that though!  Oh man, would that suck!

Off topic a bit... has anyone testing landmines out as far as damage to certain vehicles?  Like, will one plot of mines take out a jeep, or halftrack, or small tank?  Just curious how worthwhile these badboys are.

From what I can tell mine hits seem to work something like this;

Jeep 1 hit
Halftrack 2 hits
Light tanks 3 hits
Medium/heavy Tanks 4 hits

You need to be sure to space the mines, because 1 layer exploding can quickly remove the second later, generally lay them 3-4 layers deep, spaced out about double the space of the previous one.

Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2006, 11:17:16 PM »

I've taken to spacing my mines out by having a row of mines, then a line of barbed wire in between. It seems to work well. if *'s are mines and = is barbed wire, the bridges on the map looked like this one before the attacks came:

====
====
====

and then after the bridge ended I just had the same thing back pretty much as far as I could effeciently go while still keeping my infantry and gun emplacements in range of the bridges. I also had mortar teams firing at the ground on the bridge for essentially as long as I could keep them alive. I think every single mortar team I had hit level 3 veteran status before I had to fall back to the church. I think I only had maybe two regular riflemen/paratrooper/whatevertheywere squads for the level. Everything else was Machingun Crews, Mortar Teams, and Engineers.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2006, 02:31:08 AM »

So I've STILL not gotten to play CoH, but I did run the benchmark.

Athlon 64 x2 4600
4 GB RAM
2 7800 GTs in SLI
10,000 RPM Raptor HDD

What do I get?  The screen below.  Apparently there is something terribly wrong -

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2006, 02:36:24 AM »

SLI is broke in COH, disable it!

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2006, 03:07:40 AM »

Tanks only come out too fast if you give your opponent the fuel to rush them out.  If you're good at denying him fuel, or at least constantly contesting the fuel point, then even if he tech rushes up to tanks, you'll be able to kill the few tanks he can put out.

In general, never stop attacking the enemy lines.  Infantry are great to send out to explore the enemy defenses.  Even though they can be killed, suppressed, or pinned easily you can always retreat them to safety.  Armored cars are also nice in that they can zip forward at a very fast pace, they're fast enough to outrun defenders and can destroy outposts.

Just make sure that you buy some sort of AT weapon early on.  I usually buy one AT gun as soon as I can, I find them useful in general for killing bunkers, obersation posts, or pounding on enemy occupied buildings

Mines may not kill something in one hit, but they're guaranteed to do systems damage when they hit.  That means it'll damage or destroy the engine slowing down the vehicle drastically.  The same goes for sticky bombs.

Usually you'll always have one engineer doing nothing, so go ahead and queu up lines of tank traps and other defenses to funnel tanks into killzones.  Build them behind your lines so that the engineers don't get interrupted.

One of the best lines of defensive structures is a line of tank traps, two or three lines of barbed wire with openings at opposite ends, and another layer of tank traps.  Then mines between those as needed.  Put a bunker and AT gun to watch over this, and another AT gun farther back
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2006, 03:12:59 AM »

Don't forget you can "Queue" build orders, to keep your little men busy.. (Shift)

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2006, 04:21:34 AM »

Quote from: Kobra on September 15, 2006, 02:36:24 AM

Apparently so!  I have a powerhouse system and it looks like I'm playing on a 486!

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2006, 04:42:21 AM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on September 15, 2006, 04:21:34 AM

Apparently so!  I have a powerhouse system and it looks like I'm playing on a 486!

Disabling SLI makes the game run much much better.

Another thing to consider is that the performance test is almost useless for determining how well the actual game will run when you start playing. With the detail settings I have now the performance test tells me I get about 31fps average, but when I play the actual game it rarely drops below 50 or 60.

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2006, 05:57:59 AM »

Quote from: Thin_J on September 15, 2006, 04:42:21 AM

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on September 15, 2006, 04:21:34 AM

Disabling SLI makes the game run much much better.

Another thing to consider is that the performance test is almost useless for determining how well the actual game will run when you start playing. With the detail settings I have now the performance test tells me I get about 31fps average, but when I play the actual game it rarely drops below 50 or 60.

Good to know.  I'll get a chance to actually PLAY the game tomorrow, so I'll write back then and report my findings.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2006, 08:25:45 AM »

Yeah, I haven't quite figured out what the heck kind of weirdness has to be going on with their game coding, but for some reason the actual game itself runs pretty much liquid smooth all the time, but the cutscenes stutter. You'd thinking zooming in real close and cutting out large percentages of the viewable area would increase performance of in-engine cutscenes. Instead the game stutters during them, while actual gameplay runs great.

*shrugs shoulders*

Oh well. As long as it plays smooth, I'm happy.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2006, 11:22:08 AM »

Quote from: Turtle on September 15, 2006, 03:07:40 AM

Tanks only come out too fast if you give your opponent the fuel to rush them out.  If you're good at denying him fuel, or at least constantly contesting the fuel point, then even if he tech rushes up to tanks, you'll be able to kill the few tanks he can put out.

Turtle - This is obviously a true statement, and I have heard this argument a hundred times.  But all this does is make the player play the game a certain way, and that is bogus.  What if you're not good at denying him fuel?  What if you can't deny him fuel for some reason?  Armor comes out too fast, and a slider to change how fast resources come in is about a thousand percent better answer to this dilemma than forcing someone to pigeonhole his tactical/strategic options in order to stop it.  Don't get me wrong, I appreciate you trying to educate people on how to deal with the game-mechanic, but it doesn't change a design choice by Relic that I personally do not like.  My opinion of course.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 11:38:15 AM by Lockdown » Logged

LD

Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2006, 12:48:19 PM »

Yeah the AI is good at armor rushing too when playing Germans, usually within a few minutes Stugs come POURING over the border.  Everytime it forces me into a specific playstyle, and yes, it becomes annoying.

olaf

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2006, 05:30:30 PM »

Where is a good place to DL the demo?  All the places I have found are giving me shit transfer rates.
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2006, 05:44:56 PM »

So I dl-ed the demo.  (Sorry to the previous poster but i wasn't able to find a quick site).  I ran through the first few tutorials missions then launched a skirmish map against an 'easy' opponent.  Within a few minutes of encountering the enemy, he had AT guns, flamethrowers, armored flamethrowing vehicles, etc., and I was being assaulted on all fronts.  I hadn't even had a chance to upgrade any of my existing units.  Not only that but it was chaos with all of my units everywhere being attacked at once.  I had no time to react.  I found myself getting incredibly tense and irritable.  I had no clue how to respond.  There were NO bottlenecks on the map to fortify.  It seemed like no matter what I did, my game was inevitably going to devolve into a fire-stamping dance.  Is that what CoH is supposed to be like, contorting one's fingers to click everywhere on the map at once and try to counter the opponent?  React, react, react?  Or am I approaching this all wrong?

The game looks great and runs extremely well maxxed out on my system.  I was in love with it during the tutorials because there was so much streamlining in the interface and immersion etc.  I just couldn't believe the pace of it when I started skirmishing.  I read somewhere in this thread that if one liked the demo, one would like the final product.  Is the opposite true, or will I get used to it, figure out how to manage it or what-have-you?

This one is on the house...and this one is better than ever...
olaf

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2006, 05:52:33 PM »

Filefront, the free server, is actually kicking ass right now.  Its saturating my cable which is like 600KB/s.  Nice.
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2006, 07:57:46 PM »

Quote from: Hotfreak on September 15, 2006, 05:44:56 PM

So I dl-ed the demo.  (Sorry to the previous poster but i wasn't able to find a quick site).  I ran through the first few tutorials missions then launched a skirmish map against an 'easy' opponent.  Within a few minutes of encountering the enemy, he had AT guns, flamethrowers, armored flamethrowing vehicles, etc., and I was being assaulted on all fronts.  I hadn't even had a chance to upgrade any of my existing units.  Not only that but it was chaos with all of my units everywhere being attacked at once.  I had no time to react.  I found myself getting incredibly tense and irritable.  I had no clue how to respond.  There were NO bottlenecks on the map to fortify.  It seemed like no matter what I did, my game was inevitably going to devolve into a fire-stamping dance.  Is that what CoH is supposed to be like, contorting one's fingers to click everywhere on the map at once and try to counter the opponent?  React, react, react?  Or am I approaching this all wrong?

The game looks great and runs extremely well maxxed out on my system.  I was in love with it during the tutorials because there was so much streamlining in the interface and immersion etc.  I just couldn't believe the pace of it when I started skirmishing.  I read somewhere in this thread that if one liked the demo, one would like the final product.  Is the opposite true, or will I get used to it, figure out how to manage it or what-have-you?
The logic does hold true...as the whole game is in the demo.  It is just limited on the maps.  I would suggest trying to map a few more times and try to break down the question this way:  Do I dislike the gameplay or the situation the game has put me in?  If you dislike the gameplay (and your second paragraph seems to contradict that) then I think you should just walk away from the game. If you dislike the situation you are in on the demo map, then I say keep playing.   I'm on the Carentan mission in the campaign, and it is beautiful.   The skirmish AI keeps kicking my butt, mostly because the AI really likes tanks.  I suspect this may change in later patches, but that is how it is for now.  I still really like this game.  I'd love to know if the full SDK will be released for it.  Creating a series of campaigns focussed on the Battle of the Bulge might be fun.  Please note, I'm on the third mission of the game.  Those battles may well be in the campaign.

Oh yeah...and ho-rah for the tactical map.  That is sweet!

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Wolves
Gaming Trend Reader

DAMMIT!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2006, 08:34:45 PM »

Quote from: Eduardo X on September 13, 2006, 03:18:58 PM

Quote from: Dreamshadow on September 13, 2006, 02:56:27 PM

Wow...a 'leet' jab.  I'll let you guys decode this:

http://www.primotechnology.com/shared/relic-ea.jpg

hehehe...hidden in the jeep.
That's really funny.

Haha! That's bloody brilliant!  icon_lol

map

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2006, 08:51:30 PM »

dreamshadow; it's not just that the ai likes vehicles, for me it's that it is so good with them. from the scout motorcycle thru tanks the ai just runs circles around me. i don't think i've won a tank duel yet. throw my infantry with a sticky bomb at a tank while it's battling my tank the ai tank turret wheels around blasting my infantry and then right back on top of my tank. if i was any worse at this i would have to wear a dress when i play. i may have to give it a break and see if a patch gives a speed slider and adjusts the ais' love affair with vehicles.

Save America, shoot your television.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2006, 12:32:51 AM »

News patch = 102fps max, 90fps average. 

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2006, 01:19:05 AM »

Turtle - This is obviously a true statement, and I have heard this argument a hundred times.  But all this does is make the player play the game a certain way, and that is bogus.  What if you're not good at denying him fuel?  What if you can't deny him fuel for some reason?  Armor comes out too fast, and a slider to change how fast resources come in is about a thousand percent better answer to this dilemma than forcing someone to pigeonhole his tactical/strategic options in order to stop it.  Don't get me wrong, I appreciate you trying to educate people on how to deal with the game-mechanic, but it doesn't change a design choice by Relic that I personally do not like.  My opinion of course.

How is the importance of resources different from any other RTS?  If you let your enemy sit there and horde a valuable resource then you'll be out produced.

And, how does the important of the fuel resource force you to play in a certain way beyond the generally good idea of constant attack?

The fuel resource points being important doesn't dictate how you go about getting those fuel points from the enemy, or how you go about taking the rest of the map and destroying the enemy base.

There's no "not good at denying fuel" instead, that's just not good at attacking enemy positions.

Likewise, if you find you can't take a fuel position, bypass it and any fixed defenses they've build there and take all the territories behind it.  This'll cut them off from the fuel point and give you more time to deal with it.  In general, if you can't attack through one location, attack through another, this'll throw the enemy off balance and force him to move forces away from the fuel position (or any other critical location) to deal with this new threat.  If you push hard enough you may draw enough forces away that you can move up a smaller force to take the fuel position.

Tanks can come out quickly, yes.  But AT guns can come out a lot more quickly.  Usually the first thing I do when they become available is build 1-2 of them.  Whether I build 2 depends on whether I've seen enough of their forces to make me think he hasn't been teching up to tanks early.  AT guns, when deployed well, simply rip tanks to pieces, especially with the allied AP ability.  So then, that costly tank that they rushed onto the battlefield is now a scrap heap that gives your infantry cover.  The very fact that you have AT guns will make the enemy reconsider purchasing more tanks, and he may buy more infantry to try and deal with your AT, but by then you should already have plenty of your own infantry.

Lastly, attack constantly.  I'm not saying throw single units at the enemy haphazardly, but once you get enough combat units with support weapons at full strength, attack.  After a while you'll be amazed at how well you can drive back a numerically superior enemy with just a handful of units.  Also, when I'm attacking with my main combat force, I always have one or two units on the side taking territories while the enemy is distracted.  It's even better if you kill off units.  As you attack, you force your enemy to use up resources that would go towards tech rushing just to halt your attack.  If you find that it's going a little too easy, and you aren't encountering many infantry units, make sure you've got AT guns at the rear because that's a sure fire sign that the enemy it teching up to, or building tanks.  When this happens, keep pushing hard but be ready to deal with the few vehicles he throws at you.  If you're ready for it, your AT guns should kill the vehicle and let you continue the advance.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2006, 02:06:01 AM »

Quote from: Thin_J
I've taken to spacing my mines out by having a row of mines, then a line of barbed wire in between. It seems to work well. if *'s are mines and = is barbed wire, the bridges on the map looked like this one before the attacks came:

====
====
====

and then after the bridge ended I just had the same thing back pretty much as far as I could effeciently go while still keeping my infantry and gun emplacements in range of the bridges. I also had mortar teams firing at the ground on the bridge for essentially as long as I could keep them alive. I think every single mortar team I had hit level 3 veteran status before I had to fall back to the church.

This tip helped me shut down two of the three bridges while using the third to reinforce my troops on the front lines.  I finally figured out a *really* efficient setup that kept the Axis pinned down as soon as they entered Carantan, caught in a crossfire of heavy machine gun fire and mortar shells while anti-tank guns pounded their vehicles and snipers picked off the flamethrowers and the odd straggler that charged my defensive lines.  German artillery barrages finally forced me back behind the bridges, but your tip about how to rig the bridges helped hold them off long enough to establish a (much less effective) secondary front.

I don't know what my final kill count was, but I blew past 250 at around the ten minute mark, so it was more than enough to get that Bronze Star achievement.  Thanks for the tip!   icon_cool

I'm really enjoying this game so far, but all I've done so far are the campaign missions.

-Autistic Angel
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2006, 02:07:40 AM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on September 16, 2006, 12:32:51 AM

Whos getting 90fps average maxed settings?  I thought the max was 75FPS from the dev forums.

My box is damn strong, and I can push 40fps average now, but haven't read of anyone getting over 75 yet even on super rigs.

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2006, 03:21:10 AM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on September 16, 2006, 02:06:01 AM

Quote from: Thin_J

====
====
====

and then after the bridge ended I just had the same thing back pretty much as far as I could effeciently go while still keeping my infantry and gun emplacements in range of the bridges. I also had mortar teams firing at the ground on the bridge for essentially as long as I could keep them alive. I think every single mortar team I had hit level 3 veteran status before I had to fall back to the church.

This tip helped me shut down two of the three bridges while using the third to reinforce my troops on the front lines.  I finally figured out a *really* efficient setup that kept the Axis pinned down as soon as they entered Carantan, caught in a crossfire of heavy machine gun fire and mortar shells while anti-tank guns pounded their vehicles and snipers picked off the flamethrowers and the odd straggler that charged my defensive lines.  German artillery barrages finally forced me back behind the bridges, but your tip about how to rig the bridges helped hold them off long enough to establish a (much less effective) secondary front.

I don't know what my final kill count was, but I blew past 250 at around the ten minute mark, so it was more than enough to get that Bronze Star achievement.  Thanks for the tip!   icon_cool

I'm really enjoying this game so far, but all I've done so far are the campaign missions.

-Autistic Angel

Same here.  Proper alternating mine placement nabbed me that bronze on the first try.  On the demo I had a much harder time and got the 250th kill in the last few seconds of the mission. 

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2006, 03:22:19 AM »

Quote from: Kobra on September 16, 2006, 02:07:40 AM

Whos getting 90fps average maxed settings?  I thought the max was 75FPS from the dev forums.

My box is damn strong, and I can push 40fps average now, but haven't read of anyone getting over 75 yet even on super rigs.

Well, you saw the specs.  I get more than 75fps on my M170 laptop, so apparently the dev forums are incorrect, or the tool is incorrect. 

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2006, 04:32:57 AM »

What resolution? Texture detail? All that jazz? smile

JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2006, 04:33:36 AM »

Quote from: Wolves on September 15, 2006, 08:34:45 PM

That's really funny.

May be its late and my brain is just tired. Cause I don't get it. plz explain.

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2006, 04:44:28 AM »

Quote from: Thin_J on September 16, 2006, 04:32:57 AM

What resolution? Texture detail? All that jazz? smile

Max widescreen resolution, all detail options maxed.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2006, 04:44:42 AM »

Quote from: juniordan on September 16, 2006, 04:33:36 AM

Quote from: Wolves on September 15, 2006, 08:34:45 PM

That's really funny.

May be its late and my brain is just tired. Cause I don't get it. plz explain.

Says "EA Sucks" in Leet Speak. smile

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2006, 03:40:25 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on September 16, 2006, 03:22:19 AM

Well, you saw the specs.  I get more than 75fps on my M170 laptop, so apparently the dev forums are incorrect, or the tool is incorrect. 

Anyone else getting remotely close to this, even with superboxes?  My E-Peen is shrinking by the minute.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 03:47:21 PM by Kobra » Logged

Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2006, 04:24:26 PM »

The netcode for LAN blows asschunks in this game..  Relic obviously didn't test the lan functionality...

More lag on lan than online, more dropoffs, more sync errors.   I was worrying when Beta had no lan options to test, my guess, they tested it the last few days on their inhouse network and shipped it.  Pretty fucking weak regardless, GRRRR.

mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2006, 06:26:04 PM »

My second favorite RTS ever.  Homeworld is number one.  Both by Relic.  No coincidence.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2006, 09:22:01 PM »

Quote from: Kobra on September 16, 2006, 03:40:25 PM

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on September 16, 2006, 03:22:19 AM

Anyone else getting remotely close to this, even with superboxes?  My E-Peen is shrinking by the minute.

This isn't going to help then. smile    I ran it several times and took the average. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: