http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 03:09:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Collectors Editions?  (Read 359 times)
PR_GMR
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2011, 04:51:02 PM »

Do you collect game CE editions? How many have you got? I thought about this just now since I was reading about the ST:TOR CE edition and how pricey it's going to be. I'll probably won't getting that one. But, thinking about it, I think I'm sure as hell gonna get the 'Guild Wars 2' ('cause there's bound to be one!).

In thinking about it, I own the 'World Of Warcraft' CE edition... back when it came out. And the 'Guild Wars' one. I think those are the only ones I own. How about you?

Do you actually display the goodies included in them?
Giles Habibula
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 05:09:13 PM »

I have quite a few that I've bought in years past, but not so much lately, due primarily to online activation making them possibly worthless. I still buy non-online-activated CEs, but they are getting pretty rare. Plus, the goodies that come with CEs are mostly lightweight these days, so there's not much incentive. For instance, a downloadable soundtrack is worth nothing to me, while an actual CD is worth something. Same goes for downloadable literature.

I'm speaking as a collector of course. One of a small minority.

Do I display them? Not really. They're just lined up on the shelves with all my other games. I take them down and look through them every few years or so.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 05:11:31 PM by Giles Habibula » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 05:41:34 PM »

Not really. I have the Fallout 3 bobble head out on my desk and that's about it.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 06:49:30 PM »

I do buy them sometimes, but usually only when they come with some in-game "reward".  I don't really display them and most of the trinkets these days aren't something I'm too interested in, though I do like looking through art books and developer movies.  I have also done some preorders that came with tchotckes, but I don't really display those either.

The Collector's Editions that I  can think of offhand include WoW and its expansions, Starcraft 2, Rift (digital Collector's Edition), LOTRO and...I guess that's it?  All MMO's?  Weird.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 09:17:39 PM »

I have more of them than I'd care to admit and I'm consciously trying to not buy them so much any more. And I don't display things from them any longer, at the moment all I have is my Sack Boy sitting on my desk, everything else got packed up during the last home remodel and they haven't come back out. Yet.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 10:44:25 PM »

I have between 5-10.  I don't really care about in-game DLC because you usually forget about it 10 minutes into the game but I do like hardcover art-books and well made collectibles.  I had stopped buying them for a while because I've switched over to only buying games on Steam but I was happy to see that the Fallout: New Vegas CE used Steam works so I'll probably get suckered into buying them again as more games pickup the trend.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: