http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 06:18:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CoD:WaW map pack!  (Read 2191 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2009, 08:57:57 PM »

I saw it mentioned on Blues News- 4 new maps (1 is for the zombie game mode) including Berlin, the subways and a Pacific theater one. The real question is when will it be out and will anyone still be playing then.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 09:00:36 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 09:00:29 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 10, 2009, 08:57:57 PM

The real question is when will it be out and will anyone still be playing then.

1. Dunno.
2. Yes.
Vindel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 09:05:10 PM »

Here is a bit more info: for those who don't want to clicky on the link.

Activision and developer Treyarch announced plans today to release Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 1. Due out in March, Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 1 will take Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC fans to the streets of a war-ravaged Berlin in “Nightfire,” deep into deadly jungles to attack fortified Japanese positions in “Knee Deep” and through a bombed out underground subway system in “Station.” The Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 1 will also expand upon the fan-favorite four-player co-op Nazi Zombie bonus mode with “Verruckt” (Zombie Asylum) - a fourth map that features more weapons, new Perks-a-Cola machines, electroshock defenses and endless, attacking legions of undead.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 09:07:49 PM by Vindel » Logged

Now playing:
PC
Forsaken World

Xbox 360
CoD BO

PS3
Uncharted 3 MP beta
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 09:38:38 PM »

i'm just hoping there will be no tanks,i feel that world at war had some great maps but were let down by including tanks

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 10:04:29 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 10, 2009, 09:38:38 PM

i'm just hoping there will be no tanks,i feel that world at war had some great maps but were let down by including tanks

I love the tank maps. Adds some whole different strategy.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 10:17:52 PM »

I also enjoy the tank maps, though I get depressed when we have to play 3-5 of them in a row.  I like the mix of tank and non-tank maps.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 10:22:56 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on February 10, 2009, 10:17:52 PM

I also enjoy the tank maps, though I get depressed when we have to play 3-5 of them in a row.  I like the mix of tank and non-tank maps.

It does seem that they always group downfall and roundhouse together stirthepot (kids picking out smilies again).
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 10:23:24 PM »

I was afraid one of them would be Makin Day, so that's cool that they are all original. The second 2 would appear to be infantry only maps, the first I'm not sure. I think I overdosed on CoD, so this seems like a good reason to stay away and play other stuff for a month when I can come back refreshed and have some new content to discover.

And “Verruckt” really means "Zombie Asylum" in German?

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 10:56:46 PM »

What, no tanks in the subway?  icon_wink

Because I can,
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 12:29:15 AM »

+ 1 Billion!

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 12:35:00 AM »

Quote from: jblank on February 11, 2009, 12:29:15 AM

+ 1 Billion!

-1 Billion.

Tanks are awesome, and add a wonderful dynamic to the game.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 01:17:58 AM »

Quote from: pr0ner on February 11, 2009, 12:35:00 AM

Quote from: jblank on February 11, 2009, 12:29:15 AM

+ 1 Billion!

-1 Billion.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I disagree wholeheartedly. To me, this is the main reason the game fails to live up to CoD4. When you consider that the maps that get voted down the most are the tank maps, it seems to reason there are a lot of people that think the tanks are a problem.

The tanks add a "wonderful dynamic" to a game like World War II Online, but in Call of Duty, they have never worked right. Add to it the fact that cooperation in killing tanks is negligable at best, and you have something that just doesn't belong. If the Panzerfausts were as powerful as they REALLY were, it wouldn't be a problem, but tanks really unbalance the game.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 01:23:14 AM by jblank » Logged

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 01:47:33 AM »

I wonder if you really know the best way to attack a tank, since tanks can be killed in about 5 seconds by someone on foot (and strategies for this have been posted multiple times on this forum), and cooperation isn't mandatory to make that happen.  You could always get in a tank yourself, too, you know....

Plus, the only time tank maps get voted when I'm playing is when they come back to back to back, and people want to play something different.  Makin gets voted off vastly more than any tank map.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2009, 01:51:49 AM »

Quote from: pr0ner on February 11, 2009, 01:47:33 AM

I wonder if you really know the best way to attack a tank, since tanks can be killed in about 5 seconds by someone on foot (and strategies for this have been posted multiple times on this forum), and cooperation isn't mandatory to make that happen.  You could always get in a tank yourself, too, you know....

Plus, the only time tank maps get voted when I'm playing is when they come back to back to back, and people want to play something different.  Makin gets voted off vastly more than any tank map.

tis true. and i hate that it is.  i love the stalking maps.

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2009, 01:56:24 AM »

I think I have put enough time in and gone up against enough that I know HOW to kill them. I just don't like adjusting my kits and having to carry satchels, which force me to have to leave betty's behind.

We just play different games then because I saw Downfall get voted down 3 times in about a 2 hr span yesterday, and heard enough complaining about tanks that I didn't feel like I was the only one that didn't like them in the game.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009, 02:14:45 AM »

I'm with Pr0ner on this one.  I rarely see maps get voted at all unless it's multiple tank maps in a row or Makin.

It's really not that hard to have a tank kit ready for the tank maps.  It's also not that big of a deal to not use betties for about a third of the overall maps.  If you refuse to use a tank kit on a tank map, then I think you really can't complain about people not teaming up to kill them since you yourself aren't.

I have no problem killing tanks quickly and when we play as a group tanks are rarely if ever an issue due to great kit selection and teamwork.

I feel it's pretty important to get good with a variety of setups, always relying on betties isn't a good idea since they aren't always the best choice (ie.. on tank maps).

As for playing a different game, I think we do indeed play a different game.  I think you aren't playing in hardcore mode (though I may have you confused with your bro).  This is a little odder though since in normal mode it's much easier to kill tanks without getting killed in normal mode since you can survive a tank shot with flak jacket.

I realize it's hard to criticize your opinion without coming across as an ass, but I really think the people that don't enjoy tank maps just aren't willing to adjust their playstyle to play the whole game the way it was designed.  If you hate tank maps, play CoD4, don't vote every tank map.  Once you vote, other people vote just because of human nature.
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2009, 02:29:55 AM »

I play about 70/30 regular to hardcore, because on hardcore, a shot from a pistol to your big toe is death. I think it's just TOO punishing.

This is just one of those times where someone picks up on me just agreeing with someone, and turns it into a crusade to slam my opinion. I'm used to having nobody agree with me here though, so I'll just deal with it.

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2009, 02:34:12 AM »

Quote from: jblank on February 11, 2009, 02:29:55 AM

I play about 70/30 regular to hardcore, because on hardcore, a shot from a pistol to your big toe is death. I think it's just TOO punishing.

This is just one of those times where someone picks up on me just agreeing with someone, and turns it into a crusade to slam my opinion. I'm used to having nobody agree with me here though, so I'll just deal with it.

Dude, LIGHTEN UP.  No one is slamming your opinion.  We're disagreeing with you based on our own experiences with the game, and advice that has been offered up on the site to make people better.

Damn.

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2009, 02:40:13 AM »

Well, for some reason here, anymore I can't even say the sky is blue without getting disagreed with. That's one reason I don't post a lot anymore. 20 people before me could have bashed tanks in the game, and nobody would have said a peep, but I make one little post, agreeing with the guy, and KERBLAMO, everyone piles on. That gets old.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 02:52:32 AM »

That's not what's happening at all, it's your persecution complex which is why we got into it last year.  Nobody said anything to be insulting.  You don't seem to be able to take someone else disagreeing with your opinions. You have got to start lightening up or you're always going to feel we're all against you which isn't true. 

Getting shot in the foot with a pistol won't kill anyone unless they are in last stand or the magnum is being used. 

I can honestly say that I have played a hell of a lot more than you, and many of the things you are stating as fact are in fact not true. 

If you read back through the other COD thread you can see the other people bashing on tanks and the responses they got, which were pretty much the same including the tips on how to do better on them.

The best way to increase the teamwork is to play with friends, but you never play with any of us anymore.
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 02:56:15 AM »

I'm never invited and when I do play, I feel like a fifth wheel, due to nobody even acknowledging my prescence, so even though I frequently see many of you on, I don't bother joining because it's not much different than the feeling of playing with strangers.

I don't have a "persecution complex", but I am smart enough to be able to get "feelings" on things and when I constantly get ripped for saying someone others have said, while nobody says anything to them, it feels like I'm taking crap simply for being me.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2009, 03:00:51 AM »

I send invites all the time to both you and Yankeeman.  However, once my invites are declined for a week straight, I tend to stop sending invites.  My Xbox Live party is always friends accessible and you can join at any time without needing an invite.  This is how we've done it since the get-go.  You join the party, say you're ready to play and we back out as soon as we can and put you in the party.

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2009, 03:03:26 AM »

I've neither recieved or declined an invite for CoD WAW in weeks Harkonis.

I explained why I don't join up with you guys though, I don't feel welcome, so thats why I don't join even when I see you guys on.

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2009, 03:16:54 AM »

FYI, I JUST blew up a tank with one satchel charge.  Took about 2 seconds.  It CAN be done if you know what you're doing.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2009, 10:00:29 AM »

LOL,i pretty much never get into a tank...i feel its cheating,getting all those kills so easily...kinda like using Juggernaut(which i do for COD4,but not for COD5...it was a personal decision based on the weapons saywhat)

and the main map i hate tanks on is Seelow..or whatever it is called,the one in the countryside,with the railway bridge running through it...thats the worse for tank spawnkilling

on another note
i am still kinda pissed off the IW havent released anymore maps for COD4,they have instead decided to release modern warfare 2,which to be fair will be more of the same so why didnt they just say bollocks we'll release more maps,..was it just because number 5 was out?..if thats the case and we are expecting MW2,then i reckon these will be the one,and only map pack for COD5

Call of Duty 2 is still the best COD game icon_biggrin...that had some great map packs as well

and whether that will be the last of Treyarch with the COD games,i dunno,i thought i heard that Infinity Wards got all future COD games

EDIT:and yeah inside xbox just last week showed how to take the tanks down easy..i think it was satchel charges

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2009, 01:21:35 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on February 11, 2009, 12:35:00 AM

-1 Billion.

FYI, I JUST blew up a tank with one satchel charge.  Took about 2 seconds.  It CAN be done if you know what you're doing.

Everything said here is 100% accurate and requires no further comment.  And I will bet COD6 features some kind of vehicular combat.

As I said earlier, it adds something new to the game and breaks up the potential monotony of the on going TDM mechanic, and if anything the tank round splash damage should be increased.

The vehicles, may be in fact, why I love Bad Company so much.  Mechanized units are far more neat to fight against than just a bunch of foot soldiers....

LOL,i pretty much never get into a tank...i feel its cheating,getting all those kills so easily...kinda like using Juggernaut(which i do for COD4,but not for COD5...it was a personal decision based on the weapons )

I'm not saying that you are metallic, but a LOT of people have been complaining in rooms about tank kills. 'You use tanks so UR lame and sux.' or 'You can't get kills without tanks.'

It's just like using the M16 in COD4 or using the MP40 in this game, using the Specialist Class in BF:BC or even using Juggernaut.  People complain about portions of the game they don't like or don't have skill in....which is why I complain about camping. It's a legit strategy that I cannot stand.

And my response is almost always basically what Proner said:

You could always get in a tank yourself, use the MP40, use the M16 or use Juggnaut (I don't) too, you know....

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2009, 02:22:13 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on February 11, 2009, 01:21:35 PM

I'm not saying that you are metallic, but a LOT of people have been complaining in rooms about tank kills. 'You use tanks so UR lame and sux.' or 'You can't get kills without tanks.'

yeah its those people who make me stay out of a tank(or whatever)as my XBL rep is bad enough,last thing i need is 13 year olds adding to that because i stayed in a tank all through the game,LOL

the only time i give someone a bad rep is when they are glitching

with Tanks now,if possible i just stay to the other side of the map....but its when they just camp right next to the spawn place with 2 or 3 tanks and keep on shooting us while spawning...the game was over as soon as they did that,i wouldnt mind if the game could recognise when that is happening and spawn us some place else,but thats never the case...again though this mainly happens on Seelow

The red curly X,was where we were spawning..the T represents the enemy Tanks..and the uneven arrow,was the direction the Tank nearest was moving in

I know,i know,we could of done it to them....but they got us like this right at the beginning of the game and the game lasted another 3 minutes if that,and they won something stupid like 750 to 140

i do love this map,i love setting bouncing betty's at the entrances of the underground tunnels..but things like above really ruin the game for me

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2009, 03:06:15 PM »

Yeah Seelow seems to have spawn issues beyond the standard cod5 spawn issues.   It does lock you into a place and people can maul you. I've seen it quite a few times in the past few weeks.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2009, 03:51:41 PM »

just use Party Chat and you don't have to listen to the rabble  icon_wink

If I catch someone spawn camping (where they are purposely sitting, watching the spawn point and shooting as soon as someone spawns) then I'll report them for unsporting consuct, but with the as backward spawn system Treyarch put in (how the fuck do you mess up something like that when using the same engine as CoD4?  was there no beta testing?) it's sometimes hard to tell if another player is doing it purposely.  I really wish Infinity Ward would be the ones doing any future CoD releases, but since Activision wants a yearly release I think we'll be stuck with Treyarch every other year.

Quote from: pr0ner on February 11, 2009, 03:16:54 AM

I was there when he did it.  it was impressive, so much it scared the other team into holding up in one area.  it was a massacre.

Because I can,
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2009, 04:02:32 PM »

Quote from: jblank on February 11, 2009, 02:56:15 AM

I'm never invited and when I do play, I feel like a fifth wheel, due to nobody even acknowledging my prescence, so even though I frequently see many of you on, I don't bother joining because it's not much different than the feeling of playing with strangers.

I usually try to send you an invite if I'm online, but I haven't played the game in quite some time.  I actually don't even receive invites from the regular crew anymore, but I don't take it personally as they know that if I want to play I'll just join their game.  But I don't expect invites every time I log on (although it does happen, as after all, I am fabulous Fabulous).  If I want to play, I jump in, if not, I load up whatever game I was planning to play.

I have missed playing W@W, and perhaps sometimes soon I'll log on again, but lately I haven't even been playing any videogames.  I can't even remember the last time I logged onto Live.  The new maps sound interesting, and they could help me to want to jump back into the game, but with so much else going on gaming has kind of taken a back seat.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2009, 04:05:42 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 11, 2009, 03:51:41 PM

just use Party Chat and you don't have to listen to the rabble  icon_wink

And that's a fair suggestion. But I prefer to hear the others on my team in the even that they offer intel on enemy locations (fat chance slywink ) or are cool to play with.

If I catch someone spawn camping (where they are purposely sitting, watching the spawn point and shooting as soon as someone spawns) then I'll report them for unsporting consuct, but with the as backward spawn system Treyarch put in

Yeah it's a mess. But I have no idea how  you camp a spawn in this game as they move around the map no?

it's sometimes hard to tell if another player is doing it purposely.  

I usually stumble into go guys spawning in front of me.  And I'm usually on the receiving end of the whole team spawing me behind me and shooting me in the back from an area I just cleared or passed through...

I really wish Infinity Ward would be the ones doing any future CoD releases

And I get this sentiment. That said, I'm really enjoying COD5. It's not as polished, but it's a great game thus far.

I was there when he did it.  it was impressive, so much it scared the other team into holding up in one area.  it was a massacre.

Was it by putting it under the tank or is there some other sneaky ninja method?  ninja
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 04:07:18 PM by SensuousLettuce » Logged
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2009, 04:40:26 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 11, 2009, 02:22:13 PM

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on February 11, 2009, 01:21:35 PM

yeah its those people who make me stay out of a tank(or whatever)as my XBL rep is bad enough,last thing i need is 13 year olds adding to that because i stayed in a tank all through the game,LOL

the only time i give someone a bad rep is when they are glitching

with Tanks now,if possible i just stay to the other side of the map....but its when they just camp right next to the spawn place with 2 or 3 tanks and keep on shooting us while spawning...the game was over as soon as they did that,i wouldnt mind if the game could recognise when that is happening and spawn us some place else,but thats never the case...again though this mainly happens on Seelow

The red curly X,was where we were spawning..the T represents the enemy Tanks..and the uneven arrow,was the direction the Tank nearest was moving in

I know,i know,we could of done it to them....but they got us like this right at the beginning of the game and the game lasted another 3 minutes if that,and they won something stupid like 750 to 140

i do love this map,i love setting bouncing betty's at the entrances of the underground tunnels..but things like above really ruin the game for me

Your picture confuses me since the top T is in a place that a tank can't even get to.  icon_eek

My msgs are filled with 'Tank whore!' 'Tank faggot!' and 'Tank Pussy!' (literally).  You just can't let it get to you.  The average person truly doesn't have a clue how to take down a tank and that allows people to get far more kills in a tank than they really deserve.  I've played in matches where my life expectancy in a tank is under 10 seconds though and those are the most exciting matches.  The 38-0 matches are quite boring really.

I always use party chat even when I'm the only one playing though I prefer to play with friends.  Most of the time if there aren't at least 2-3 GT'rs on I'll just play a different game.  I dont' enjoy playing CoD4 or WaW without friends.

I don't see anything wrong with spawn camping.  There are tons of places to spawn and you're just wasting time if you are watching one particular place.  I've been killed by someone spawning in front/behind me just as often as I die when I spawn. 
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2009, 07:54:18 PM »

Quote from: jblank on February 11, 2009, 02:29:55 AM

I support your opinion.

I don't like the way tanks are implemented and they're far too hard to kill compared to their ease of use and killing power.  They're only easy if you can get right up to them, and that's not possible if they're working with the team....that's why i usually ended up like 50kills to 2 deaths on the bigger tank maps in Ground War (normal mode).  It's total cheese to get that kind of kill ratio if you're a good tank driver that stays with the team and supports infantry taking the objectives.

Now if the tanks required multiple players in the tank to operate it and fire the main gun...then it would be more balanced.  The way the tank works though, it ends up being an anti-infantry vehicle which is really just a suit of super combat armor.

It's infinitely worse in Hardcore because while the players are so much easier to kill, the tanks are just as hard to kill as in normal mode!

If you can get right up to the tank with a sticky and couple satchels, yea, you can kill it in 5-8 seconds...but doing that is next to impossible if the team is working together.

That's why Hark & Proner don't agree with you...they're almost always on a OO/GT team which coordinates to properly whore the tanks and destroy enemy tanks quickly.  I guarantee the guys on the other team are pounding their heads through the fucking screen in frustration and support your point of view fully...

My issues with the game finally got to be too much though so i traded it in...Ground War is definitely the mode i found which i enjoyed the most though.  Good mix of War and team deathmatch and tank vs non-tank maps in that rotation.  War mode may frustrate sometimes if you're addicted to suiciding yourself on the objective without proper cover from arty and dogs...but having no random spawn in the middle of a field issues in the path of alread flying sniper rounds more than makes up for it imho.

I enjoyed War the most in the end...i treated the mode as deathmatch until i got arty then dropped arty in support of the objective and piled on the objective and let arty get the dogs when would then further help keep the enemy off the objective till you could take it....usually one arty drop is enough to give your team plenty of time to secure any objective with minimal risk to your life..it's really a pretty cool mode if you treat it that way.  War mode totally removed my frustrations with the spawn system and that made things a LOT more enjoyable.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 08:00:46 PM by Fuzzballx » Logged
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2009, 08:38:18 PM »

Fuzz, tanks are only a suit of super combat armor if you're clueless as to how to attack them.

I blew up a tank in hardcore mode the other day with ONE satchel charge (Hark saw it and can vouch for me).  And that tank hadn't been hit yet.  How is it a suit of super combat armor if I can do such a thing?

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2009, 08:43:00 PM »

I've played maps where I didnt' get in a single tank the whole match and tanks are still super easy to kill.  I really don't understand the viewpoint that says they are unkillable.  The average Live scrub doesn't have a chance against a tank, but that doesn't have to be true to anyone in this forum because we've already told you the secrets to killing them easily.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2009, 08:51:17 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on February 12, 2009, 08:43:00 PM

I've played maps where I didnt' get in a single tank the whole match and tanks are still super easy to kill.  I really don't understand the viewpoint that says they are unkillable.  The average Live scrub doesn't have a chance against a tank, but that doesn't have to be true to anyone in this forum because we've already told you the secrets to killing them easily.

Well sure, if you can walk up behind a tank and toss a satchel under it it will blow up. But my problem is getting anywhere near the tank to do so without getting shot by either an enemy or that tank.  My only satchel kills have been when I have dropped one out in an area that tanks normally pass through and laying in wait. Stickies a bit easier because they can be thrown from cover, but the tank needs to have been worn down a bit. Rockets are a bit harder because they really require you to come out of cover.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2009, 08:58:49 PM »

It's not really hard to sneak up on tanks, you just have to get used to using cover anytime you move and how to wait for opportunities.  You can't blindly run at a tank just because there is one nearby. (I get a LOT of my kills while in a tank by shooting the people who just rush the tank)   Hide behind a wall and wait for the chance while watching for enemies.  There is no rush at all, you have plenty of time.

It's the people on the team that ignore the tank completely combined with the people who rush without thinking that make tanks powerful, not the tank itself.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2009, 08:59:48 PM »

Also you dont' have to get very close to a tank to use sticky grenades and satchels.  a big mistake many people make is running too close to the tank.  You can aim up and even jump while throwing the satchel charge to get extra range on it.  You can also toss them over walls and even buildings on some maps.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2009, 09:08:53 PM »

Four tank maps out of the 13 maps in the game:

Downfall
Plenty of rubble in the interior sections of the map to approach tanks as infantry. Mainly have to be careful when crossing the street.  Lots of opportunities to flee to rubble and leave the tank guessing which side you'll pop out.  Often there are even peepholes where you can safely keep an eye on which way the turret is pointing.  Plus, the tanks are limited to extremely predictable routes, Pac-Man style.

Outskirts
Even easier to approach a tank in this map.  Lots of cover and alternate routes.  Fairly predictable tank paths.

Roundhouse
The map is a circle, so the tanks generally move in a circle.  If you're near the roundhouse in the middle you have an easy way cut through and flank a tank.  If you're near the outside edges of the map you've got tons of cover.  I find movement to be more dangerous in this map (i.e., I suck at Roundhouse in general), so I often just find some cover and wait for a tank to pass by.

Seelow
Definitely the hardest map to fight tanks on, partly because of all the wide open spaces tanks have to move and partly because it's fairly easy to lock down all four tanks if your team wins the initial tank duels at map start.  Still, tanks are very vulnerable any time they try to cross the middle of the map, as you can approach them from the underground tunnels or lay in wait as they go over or under the bridge.  Even in the open fields it's possible to sneak up on them under cover of the wheat.  I think I have the best luck hiding in a building at the map periphery until a tank looks away.  
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2009, 11:02:51 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on February 12, 2009, 08:43:00 PM

I don't recall anyone claiming they were "unkillable".....My opinion was they are just too hard to kill and the teamwork, for the most part, to kill them, doesn't exist. I can, do, and will, kill tanks frequently, but Fuzz is right, they are a kind of "super armor". especially in Hardcore.

It is hardly a game killer and I still love the game, but if IW puts them in CoD:MW 2, I hope the anti-tank weapons are a bit more potent and plentiful.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: