http://gamingtrend.com
September 20, 2014, 06:57:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Codename: Gordon = Genius  (Read 1438 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2005, 06:39:14 PM »

For those of you with Steam and Half-Life 2, check out Codename: Gordon. It's a 2-D cartoon sidescroller game that goes through the entirety of Half-Life 2 in like 7 or 8 boards. Absolutely hysterical. The commentary from the characters you meet is also brilliant, with just about everyone bitching about losing "that third dimension" and so on. I was laughing my head off last night during "the boss fight" with the gunship. You will get spoiled if you haven't already played through HL2 to completion, so be warned. But for those who have, this is a brilliantly fun and simple freeware download.

Just thought I'd pass the word along. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 10:33:35 PM »

I wondered what that was.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 03:00:06 AM »

i was playing Codename: Gordon the night HL2 was released....gave me a way to pass the time while i waited from 3am EST on 11/16.  it is a fun little game with a good sense of humor.  it reminded me of another old game called Abuse...fun side-scrolling shooter from about 10 years ago Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
ChrisGwinn
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 07:37:37 PM »

I love the sound.  It's a brilliant little game.  Kudos to valve for encouraging it instead of squashing it.
RightBastard

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 09:29:26 PM »

booted it up to see what you guys were talking about.  It's awesome.  Reminded me of an updated off-shoot of Xenophobe.   They should totally update that game using this engine.

I am amendable to criticism but only within the sphere of what I am trying to do.
Flannery O'Connor
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2005, 03:59:43 AM »

Quote from: "disarm"
i was playing Codename: Gordon the night HL2 was released....gave me a way to pass the time while i waited from 3am EST on 11/16.  it is a fun little game with a good sense of humor.  it reminded me of another old game called Abuse...fun side-scrolling shooter from about 10 years ago Cool

Same here. Yep. Indeed it is. Me too. Definitely.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: