http://gamingtrend.com
August 02, 2014, 02:55:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: COD:ELITE now free(don't worry,you'll still pay for DLC)  (Read 253 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2012, 06:30:39 PM »

I thought it would be best to make this separate from BlOps2 thread

Remember last year when Activision extended people's subscription for ELITE to December 2012?,i am now wondering what that was all for...good intentions?,I'm feeling a little dumber now for coughing up for ELITE last year,i was actually thinking we would still be relevant for that month and a half after BlOps2 release

anyway....

ELITE will now be free,with Black Ops 2 DLC to be purchased the usual way:-either a season pass or buying the map packs separately
Eurogamer

This season pass covers four Black Ops 2 DLC map packs that will be "coming to the Xbox Live network first", Activision said.
The Coddyblops2 (can we call it that please please) season pass will cost 4000 Microsoft Points ($50). Or you can pay 1200 MSP separately for each map pack. So it's roughly the cost of another game.

Note: "Season Pass and DLC Map Packs may not be available on all gaming platforms," Activision stipulated. "Pricing and release dates may vary by platform."

This refers to the PC and Wii U versions, IGN discovered, talking to Activision's Eric Hirshberg. Elite will only be on PS3 and 360 when Black Ops 2 launches; Activision's "evaluating options to bring Elite services to the PC and Wii U", Hirshberg said.

"Our goal is to bring the Season Pass and DLC to the Wii U also," he added, "but it's a new system and we need a bit more time to work out the details with Nintendo."

Hirshberg also announced that Elite will work on iPad for Black Ops 2.
Activision also mentioned various Call of Duty: Elite features in the works. There's the stat-tracking Player HQ and Clan HQ areas; there's the Zombie stat-tracking area; there's Call of Duty: Elite TV (with tablet support); and there's all sorts of social sharing and notification bits and bobs.

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 06:42:47 PM »

Maybe I should have actually downloaded and played some of the map packs. Sigh.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: