http://gamingtrend.com
August 28, 2014, 07:59:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cod3 map pack now up. AGAIN  (Read 1011 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2007, 01:04:09 PM »

cod3 map pack is now up on marketplace,as i am a big fan i have downloaded and paid for these maps

but i have just tried to create a game after the download,and the new maps are not there....last weeks free map is there...so i dont know whats up

but anyway,they are up now,850 MB size,800 points price

EDIT:everyone else who has downloaded the map packs,are having the same problem,seems you download them,but they just arent there...so,hold on some if you were thinking of downloading the pack

EDIT:EDIT:treyarch are now looking into the problem apparently..*sigh*
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 01:46:42 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 02:06:09 PM »

This kind of thing is why I went ahead and traded COD3 back in.  The multiplayer is great fun... if/when you can connect.  I've got other shiny's to play with so I'm leaving it alone for now.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 08:02:56 PM »

Based on my experience with COD3 MP, I could not in all good conscience tell anyone that they should get it for the multiplayer or spend 10 bucks on 5 freaking maps?. It seems like a huge rip to me for a game that doesn't function as often as it does.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 08:46:55 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on January 18, 2007, 08:02:56 PM

Based on my experience with COD3 MP, I could not in all good conscience tell anyone that they should get it for the multiplayer or spend 10 bucks on 5 freaking maps?. It seems like a huge rip to me for a game that doesn't function as often as it does.

I couldn't agree more.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 09:29:46 PM »

Wasn't the GRAW map pack for only 4 actual new maps (the others were just reskins) and a couple of weapons, and it was $15?

I'm not defending CoD3 on this count. In fact, I objected to the GRAW pack and didn't get it. icon_wink

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 12:56:08 AM »

Quote from: Farscry on January 18, 2007, 09:29:46 PM

Wasn't the GRAW map pack for only 4 actual new maps (the others were just reskins) and a couple of weapons, and it was $15?

I'm not defending CoD3 on this count. In fact, I objected to the GRAW pack and didn't get it. icon_wink

And I didn't buy that absurdly priced pack either smile
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 06:36:28 AM »

yeah that was 1200 points and had some known maps but in the dark(as well as other stuff i think)...i actually bought the game after that pack came out and was gonna pay for the pack...but didnt like the game...maybe when i try to get into it again...maybe....doubt it though

well,just got back in from work....and there is still no progress on the COD3 maps...they have said that the maps we have downloaded,are not valid maps...so we will be downloading a new map pack...if and when they are available.(i heard splinter cell had a similar problem in the past and took a month to fix!!)

my concern is,that if the map pack i downloaded,isnt valid,how will they know who paid and who didnt...i know its on your account...but how will that come accross when downloading the new pack?...because i am not paying again!!!

all in all...as you can imagine,i and many others ,especially on xbox.com...are pissed

Kurt Stevens
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 07:04:33 PM »

Man, I'm glad I haven't downloaded it. I'm still working my way through the single player campaign. I've got quite the backlog since Christmas.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 01:53:46 PM »

well they have taken the pack of the marketplace now incase anyone else does download it

we get a few posts on xbox.com telling us mainly the same thing(working on it,and working closely with microsoft)..but they said they will next update us on monday...so why its taking so long,some really BIG pile of shit must of hit the fan...mybe they have to start the maps of from scratch,i dont know,hopefully this can be a warning to Treyarch and future developers and even microsoft..as all things on the marketplace are meant to be tested at first...doesnt look like the case this time

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 01:48:33 PM »

so,a week and a half since the fuck up...but now the map pack is back up,and i am downloading it again(i havent been charged again thanlfully)...its my birthday today,so double hurrah....i bought myself MGS3:subsistance icon_smile

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2007, 09:01:06 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on January 27, 2007, 01:48:33 PM

so,a week and a half since the fuck up...but now the map pack is back up,and i am downloading it again(i havent been charged again thanlfully)...its my birthday today,so double hurrah....i bought myself MGS3:subsistance icon_smile

Happy Birthday bro!!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2007, 04:36:53 AM »

:icon_biggrin:thanks icon_biggrin

one thing about these new maps is that they change in size,depending on how many players you have...not sure whther i like that idea or not,we'll see how it works out

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: