http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 08:21:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CoD: WaW Map Pack 3  (Read 2421 times)
jztemple2
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2009, 02:09:53 PM »

I like the three new non-Zombie maps  slywink

Breach is a little bit dull. Fairly symmetrical areas on each side of central gateway. Around most of the periphery are various second story locations. Some sniping opportunities and don't stand outside for very long if you want to survive. Still, a decently large map. Sort of like Station but with second story access and no roof. And larger. And better.

Revolution is pretty nice. Buildings surround a central building and there are second story pathways over most of it. Cleverly placed sight lines mean there are few camping spots for snipers that can't be seen from more than one location. Pretty good sized as well.  Center building has few interior walls and is for the brave and foolhardy. Outer buildings are a betty placer's delight  icon_smile

Battery is just excellent. Cleverly non-symmetrical. Main location fort has many non-obvious paths and hide spots. And there are two standing free towers which can only be accessed by open gangways, and are also connected to each other. Add in an amazing amount of eye-candy; there are just so many interesting things to look at, you'll get whacked often while sight-seeing.

Overall I rate this pack as the best of the three. I think Banzai might still be the best map, but Battery is in the top few easily.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2009, 03:41:28 PM »

Got my first play through- one for each map.

Breach is vast.  Lots of nooks and crannies.  Pretty straightforward once I get the layout. Good variety of techniques for this one.

Revolution is my nightmare map. Starting with Halo3, I've found that maps with multiple planes overwhelm me.  There are just too many changes in elevation and too much up and down. I'll probably never ever ever be good at this map.

Battery is possibly the best map in the game. Just fun and very pretty.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2009, 11:23:51 AM »

After getting some more play time in on the maps (in hardcore TDM mode) I have to say that I like them even more than at first play.

Breach is actually more fun the more you play it. You can try it as a sniper with bettys, since there are a lot of vantage points. However, you can go from end to end on the map with just the barest of exposure to snipers, so you can hunt down bad guy snipers (be sure to have bomb squad!). Some clever folks have hidden in the central fountain and stature enclosures, behind cars or in the central column gate structure. There are just a lot of options of how to play.

On Revolution I thought the central building was a deathtrap and studiously avoided it, yet I see folks are using it to avoid being nailed on the periphery paths. One time I was playing against a team of six that consistently moved to and stayed in the central building, covering the entrances and picking off folks trying to snipe from the outer building windows. And some strange folks stay outside of all buildings, just hiding behind cars or crates or just building corners, because no one suspects people would do that. Cool.

Battery isn't just a cool looking map, it's also really convoluted in the paths and the hide spots. Even after dozens of matches on there I still get nailed by guys perched in some out of the way spot I didn't even know existed. It's also one of the few maps where I find both my rifle grenade and my flamethrower loadouts useful. The RGs are good because there are a number of spots, like the gun turrets, where enemies congregate waiting to move across open territory. Small rooms like that are made for RGs, and thankfully there are few small windows to have to aim through. The flame thrower is useful because a good part of the map is composed of short, twisting corridors, and the FT is also good against dogs as well.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: