http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 04:35:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Civillization IV Walkthrough by Sulla  (Read 1015 times)
Orgull
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2005, 04:14:54 PM »

To help us pass the time until we actually get the game and start playing it, here is a VERY detailed walkthrough of the first few turns of Sulla's first game, with screenshots!

http://www.kalikokottage.com/civ3/sullla/civ4_walk_1.html

Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 04:31:18 PM »

canIgobuyittoday?? smile

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 04:48:34 PM »

You sick, cruel, person.
Quote from: "Orgull"
Sorry, Timmy, Christmas isn't today, it's been delayed for you.  But look at how much fun other kids are having!  Sulla's already opened all her presents!
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 09:28:08 PM »

Thanks Orgull.  That was enjoyable.  I am so so so anticipating this game.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 10:02:21 PM »

Honestly, it seems like updated Civ 2 at first, but there's many little feature descriptions in that write up that shows it's more than just an update.  Certainly enough to make me buy it.

Plus, I have three friends nearby that like strategy games and have computers that are somewhat mobile.  Looks like I'm replacing the Vietcong 2 lanparty with the Civ IV lanparty.

That is, until the pit boss server patch is released.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 10:07:41 PM »

After "hearing" some of the early buzz on Vietcong 2, I'm not sure I blame you.  Is the no co-op in missions a true statement, or a bad rumor?

LD  :wink:

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 12:01:14 AM »

All I've read so far makes no mention of mission based coop, just playing COOP on some maps.  There may be objectives, but it doesn't look like there's coop through the campaign.

That may change later, but until that day comes, my money is on Civ IV.

Speaking of which, I just had an interesting idea for a mod for Civ, one that features a cooperative campaign in a fantasy setting.  Basically you start your kingdom and everything, and then hordes of something or another invade.  It could be goblins, orcs, barbarians, undead, etc... but everyone has to work together with very limited resources against an overwhelming threat.  Where do you attack, where to defend?  If it's goblin hordes, you have a ton of goblin cities popping up everywhere turning out large stacks of goblin troops.  Barbarians would probably raid via sea, be stronger, have less cities, but essentially be like the goblin hordes. Dragons would be singular powerful units that require large armies to take down.  Undead, well, they're just undead, difficult to kill permenantly, weak in attack, but they just keep coming and they regenate unit strength in the field quickly.

The normal game would, of course, be the typical fantasy Civ mod that you know will come out as soon as someone can dig into the files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: