http://gamingtrend.com
August 27, 2014, 01:46:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Circle lines on Xbox discs - normal?  (Read 1064 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2005, 09:46:29 PM »

I got a refurbished xbox from Gamestop yesterday and everything seems fine except a lot of load loading (you can hear it reading the disc - something I never really noticed with my ps2) so I checked the bottom of the discs I have - and all of them have round circles going around them like a record. (Not the coin size rings - but just an entire circle going around the disc - about 10 times.) It's hard to see them unless you get it in the right light, but they are there.
Do the games come like this? I'm hoping that's the case and that I didn't get a bad refurbished unit. With talk of consoles scratching discs I'm a bit paranoid as I'm spending some decent money on games and don't need them to get all scratched up.
Any ideas?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 11:43:46 PM »

Anyone?
Never had these circles going around on any of my ps2 discs. Was always careful to keep them in 100% mint condition.
I'm dying to get back to some xbox gaming but until I know this is normal I don't want to risk having them scratched anymore. I dont even know if it's scratches in the first place.. just imagine a record - all those lines going around in circles around the record. Looks like that. I'm hoping it's normal or the discs come like that and it's not my refurbished xbox (should have just spent 20 bucks more and got a new one) that's doing this.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 11:48:46 PM »

I never noticed that before, but I suppose if they are hard to see I could have missed it.  I'm not at home otherwise I'd check.  Maybe pop in a DVD you don't care about and look at it afterwards for the rings.  I hope it's not your XBox.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 03:28:49 AM »

Can someone check their xbox games for similiar marks? Dont have the dvd playback kit so cant test out a dvd unfortunately. Eager to start playing my xbox again but need to know my xbox isnt scratvhing the discs with those circles..

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 03:29:43 AM »

NO the drive just started going bad and it's eating the disc. Take the system back and show them the disc as well. If they are all grouped in one spot like that it means that the laser casing is starting to get too close. Mine was doing the same thing. I had to take it apart and fix the protective case on the laser.

Take it back and get another one.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 04:27:14 AM »

Any other comments before I bring it back tomorrow or friday? It's going to be a bit out of the way to do it but if it's causing these rings around my discs I can't let it keep that up. I might just fork over an extra $20 and get a new one instead.

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 04:36:03 AM »

It's better not to risk it.  I say bring it back and get a new one.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2005, 09:57:37 PM »

Thanks for the feedback, I brough it back to Gamestop but unfortunately they didn't have any of the $149.99 new ones. All they had were the forza bundles one at $180 (way too much for me) so I ended up getting a used Xbox with a manufacturing date of june 2003. That was the newest one they had, the guy at gamestop said pretty much all xbox's after 2002 were built solidly compared to the earliest models. Hoping he's right on that..

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: