http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 09:17:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chronicles of Riddick?  (Read 3008 times)
programmerbob
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2004, 05:03:22 AM »

The movie doesn't interest me(looks like another battlefield earth type crappy sci-fi), but the game video that I saw seemed like it might be an entertaining FPS. Seemed to be implying a sneak around type game which breaks out into massive kill fests. I did not have the demo disc that had the game on it though.

There going to be a review/short take up in the next few days? It seems to be receiving 8.5-9.0 ratings on some of the sites out there.

Xbox Live tag: joephis1
AIM/ESO Tag: UTBurner
Chaz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 03:07:40 AM »

Just played the first half hour or so.

The opening sequence was excellent.  Don't want to say more than that.

Graphics are gorgeous.  Strange thing is that at certain points, things seem to pixellate quite a bit, and then sharpen again.  Not game-stopping, but noticeable.  Voice acting is fantastic so far.  

Had to stop because of a scheduled Task Force in City of Heroes, but looking forward to playing some more tomorrow.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 01:01:06 PM »

I know this request is common in nearly all games of this type, but if someone could comment on the controls and their ease of use, that would be great.  Some games like this are easy to control, others are a nightmare.  I am hoping this has the former.

Gracias.

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2004, 08:42:14 PM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
I know this request is common in nearly all games of this type, but if someone could comment on the controls and their ease of use, that would be great.  Some games like this are easy to control, others are a nightmare.  I am hoping this has the former.

Gracias.

LD

I've gone through the opening and frankly am loving it thus far. The controls are actually pretty intuitive once you get the hang of them. What's nice is all throughout the beginning you can get helpful pointers as you have to try and do something new. This is simply outstanding work thus far, but I'm only a little ways into it. More in time. smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2004, 01:14:23 AM »

Lockdown.

I've always been against FPS games on consoles.  They simply don't work well.  Halo sucked on the console, RCTW sucked on console, Breakdown extremely sucked on the console (well it was only for the console, but you get my point)

Riddick, is a different story.  The controls are easy to use.  Shooting can be a little difficult as far as aiming, but luckily you don't have to shoot your way through the whole game (at least from what I've played)

If I can play this game without any problems, so can you.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2004, 03:21:45 AM »

Review will be up on the site on Monday. smile  I just finished the title, but Graham is reviewing it.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2004, 09:57:10 PM »

Alright gang, this might be spoiler territory but I'm lost at the moment. I'm at the part just after/during the Mines where you have to get into Tower 19. For the life of me, I can't find the way in. I've gone through the vent into the Feed Ward and wound up back in the Interrogation Room for reference, but I can't find the other vent I'm supposed to get into. Thoughts?

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2004, 10:02:58 PM »

Alright just finished this today. Wow what an amazing game. Finally a game unlike Beyond Good and Evil or Far Cry that actually has an ending. Why can't developers offer closure then just ending it. Stupid

I loved being in that mech, that was so much fun, and the dialoge the mech gives is hilarious.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2004, 04:06:17 PM »

I did my part smile

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8113642097&rd=1

hope you get more visitors smile
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2004, 08:30:15 PM »

i got the game last week after i saw the movie (which was crucial) i havent put it down. althought i havent beat it yet its been fun. its great, one of the best fps's this year i think.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2004, 02:17:16 PM »

Right now, this game is standing tall as my GOTY. But there's still many miles to go, so we'll see where it ends up in December. smile

jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2004, 03:20:36 PM »

true, i think either halo 2 or hl 2 will take the crown, they could win right now based on expectations alone!

mad_alien
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2004, 09:31:15 PM »

Just finished it last night. What a great game and great ending. I had to take a little pause during "The Pit" level, but other than that I loved every minute of it. Honestly I wasn't going to pick it back up, but Naednek kept raving about it here and at GG, so I had to see what all the fuss was about. Because of it's length it almost worthy of a rental, but I figure by buying it you increase sells so they can have the urge to make a sequel.

I would like to see a stronger, faster Riddick in the sequel, like he was in the movie, which I also happened to enjoy.

As far as the movie goes, I think more people should go into a movie with the proper mindset or just not go see it. What are people expecting...an Academy award winner? It's a high budget, sci-fi action flick, I believe with gamers in mind. It supposed to showcase great special effects and lot's of violence, not superb acting.

Anyways I highly recommend the game, it's definitely satisfying now that I've completed the "trilogy" and I can't wait to see more of Riddick whether it be at the movie theaters or on my xbox.
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2004, 06:59:59 PM »

i dont usually like sci fi games, but i liked the riddick movie. i have a toss up and im loking for some help this or shadow ops? i liked the shadow ops review and i rented it and i loved the sound and gameplay. whihc one?  and why?

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2004, 01:25:03 AM »

RIDDICK.
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2004, 02:55:07 AM »

Rent Riddick...you can easily finish it within that time.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2004, 03:01:38 PM »

ok thanks for the help! smile

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: