http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 09:17:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chromehounds Squad Organization [Active!]  (Read 2708 times)
Clanwolfer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2006, 02:38:11 PM »

Edit: The next window to join the squad is tonight (7/27) at 6:45 to approx. 9:00.  You may be able to join other times if the rest of the squad approves your application, but that's when I'll be idling in the lobby specifically to get people into the squad.

Okay, now that we have a waiting list to get into the squad, and an OO squad that's desperately trying to get off the ground, I'd like to figure out a way in which we can make everybody happy and end the days of someone (me) idling for an hour in an empty squad lobby.

Basically, I want to put together a cross-forum waiting list for the GT squad, and a list of people willing to jump to the OO squad if we can put it together.  That way, instead of having the 'odd man out' scenario, we'll have ideally 15 and 15 or so (I know there must be ten people that own this and want to be on a squad that aren't in the GT squad currently).  I'd like a few frequent players to jump squads if they feel comfortable doing it, just to kick-start the quality and playtime of the newer squad.  Hopefully once both get going on a regular basis, we can set up a rotation or something so everyone can play with everyone else.

Edit:  Since most of the people who would be joining are in the Tarakia faction, it sems like, the best idea is for me to leave the GT squad tonight and start a new one.  The name will be 'Furious Octopi' and the passcode will be X,Y,X,Up.  I'll do that as soon as I get home, post, and leave it idling for a long while this evening so we can get as many people joined as possible.

Current Squad Roster
Clanwolfer (KeySJU) #91
#iljanus
Abraxus
Fuxxballx
TragicNut
Jancelot
lllk knob

People I know off the top of my head that would like to join with a squad:
Farscry (GT/OO)
Fyedaddy(OO)
Mikeg (GT)
Madpeon (OO)
Jancelot (OO/GT)
Pharoah/Panzergeist (OO)
jament (GT)

People currenty in the GT squad who would jump to a secondary squad if it reaches 'critical mass':
Hepcat (OO/GT)

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 02:45:59 PM »

Others I am aware of.  Mikeg, Madpeon (OO), $iljanus (OO), Jancelot
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 02:47:45 PM »

I'm looking for a squad, too.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 02:55:56 PM »

Only a minor thing; I'm a total newbie at OO, but have been at GWJ and GT for a good while now.  biggrin  So if I have to pick an affiliation, I'll pick GT.  I'm more of a freelancer though.   Cool

[edit]just making myself clear; the folks I've run into on all three sites rock, so I really have no need to list myself as loyal to a specific one.  smile  I'm just not as familiar with the OO folks who don't cross-post to GT yet.

[edit2]Argh!  Now I'm just confusing even myself!  Tongue  I'm good with whatever squad, just toss me on the same one as Fyedaddy. :lol: I just thought it was funny seeing the (OO) tag next to my name is all.   :wink:

I'm going to go confuse some other people now.   biggrin

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 03:06:12 PM »

Go ahead and take me out of the squad Arkon.  

I had a blast playing the game, and enjoyed my time immensely, but I think I have had my fill.  

There are just too many other games out now or coming out very soon that call to me more.

Free my spot for someone that would use it more often please.

Great squad, great times, and alot of fun.  Whoever gets my spot, you are in for a treat.  Enjoy!

smile

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 03:09:20 PM »

Sorry, just adding the tag of whichever site I see you posting on first.  I'm not acquainted enough with many of you to tell which is your first love.  biggrin

Anyway, we have a really good start here.  One thing we should think about is the name of the squad; we already have the Fearless Octopi set up, but would any primary GTers be put off by that?  Do we want/need a site-neutral squad name?

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 03:10:30 PM »

NOO LOCKDOWN!  Who will shot me in the cback now  :cry:

Anyway, I know Panzergeist/Pharoah  is looking for a squad

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 03:11:58 PM »

Quote from: "Farscry"
[edit2]Argh!  Now I'm just confusing even myself!  Tongue  I'm good with whatever squad, just toss me on the same one as Fyedaddy

I've never seen this person before in my life. Who is this nut?

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 03:12:20 PM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
Go ahead and take me out of the squad Arkon.  

I had a blast playing the game, and enjoyed my time immensely, but I think I have had my fill.  

There are just too many other games out now or coming out very soon that call to me more.

Free my spot for someone that would use it more often please.

Great squad, great times, and alot of fun.  Whoever gets my spot, you are in for a treat.  Enjoy!

smile

Lockdown, you sure?  I would hate to lose your comedic relief.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 04:06:51 PM »

Quote from: "fyedaddy"
[edit2]Argh!  Now I'm just confusing even myself!  Tongue  I'm good with whatever squad, just toss me on the same one as Fyedaddy

I've never seen this person before in my life. Who is this nut?

I know you've at least seen me, since you blew up my hound recently even though I was on your team...   :twisted:

Fearless Octopi is a perfectly fine (and nifty) squad name, Clanwolfer.  smile

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 04:20:44 PM »

Arkon/Soulchilde,

I should have been more clear I guess.

If you need to open a spot, please don't hesitate to use mine.  Of course I don't want to leave the squad, but if you need to free up a spot, by all means, give me the boot.

I just don't see alot of people coming forward to open spots for others, so I'm guessing they play alot more than I do.  If that is the case, someone who plays alot should have the spot instead of me is all.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 04:29:11 PM »

Arkon/Soulchilde,

I should have been more clear I guess.

If you need to open a spot, please don't hesitate to use mine.  Of course I don't want to leave the squad, but if you need to free up a spot, by all means, give me the boot.

I just don't see alot of people coming forward to open spots for others, so I'm guessing they play alot more than I do.  If that is the case, someone who plays alot should have the spot instead of me is all.

So I assume then I can add you to the list of people that would jump to the new squad?

fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 05:00:27 PM »

I know you've at least seen me, since you blew up my hound recently even though I was on your team...   :twisted:

Which reminds me, does the OO squad already have it's squad colors?

--Devil
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2006, 05:06:44 PM »

To your credit, it was a night-time map and we were both outside of NA range.  To my credit, I stopped returning fire after I saw who was shooting at me, sat there, and flashed my headlights at you in SOS code until you finally blew me up.   :lol:

Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2006, 05:25:10 PM »

Depends.  What's your least favorite color?

fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2006, 06:11:35 PM »

Quote from: "Clanwolfer"
Depends.  What's your least favorite color?

Oh it doesn't make a difference to me which color(s) we choose for the squad. I'd only request that it was easy to determine friend from for. That way, when I DO shove a few missiles into Farscry's cockpit, you'll know it was intentional  :twisted:

--Devil
jament
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2006, 06:43:50 PM »

I'm also looking for a squad.  I was in OO until I moved to find a squad with some people in it.  My current squad has a couple of good guys but a much larger bunch of guys whose goal last night was to paint hounds that looked like "mixed up play-dough".  Oy.  

I need a squad.   Please.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2006, 06:48:03 PM »

So I assume then I can add you to the list of people that would jump to the new squad?

I can't say I really understand the whole "new squad" / "old squad" thing to be honest.

Why not just start a new squad if the interest is high enough.  I really don't get it.

And no, if I lose my spot, I really have no intention of joining another squad that I will be hit-or-miss on as far as participation.

LD

Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2006, 06:50:07 PM »

I can't say I really understand the whole "new squad" / "old squad" thing to be honest.

Why not just start a new squad if the interest is high enough.  I really don't get it.

And no, if I lose my spot, I really have no intention of joining another squad that I will be hit-or-miss on as far as participation.

Because we already have an existing one, so that's less hoops to jump through as far as people joining.  With the squad system as obnoxious as it is, that's an incentive.

Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2006, 06:53:34 PM »

Bumped for the sake of pointing to new info in the top post: I'll be starting the new squad tonight.

Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2006, 07:15:25 PM »

One question for Arkon (or anyone): how often can a squad change alliances?  I don't care much where we end up, but we have a bunch of guys in Morskoj with the old squad, and some in Sal Kar, and some in Tarakia... any way to gather them all up, or are we stuck waiting for the squad change refresh?

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2006, 07:18:02 PM »

Answered on OO, but a squad leader can move a squad at three diferent times.

1.  Every two weeks
2.  When your nations capital falls
3.  Beginning of a new war.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2006, 07:21:46 PM »

Well, crap.  I'm stuck on Tarakia for the next two weeks-ish, so hopefully either Sal Kar falls so everyone can asylum in Tarakia, or vice versa so the squad can move.

Man, just when I think I have this thing figured out...

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2006, 07:24:10 PM »

Well, crap.  I'm stuck on Tarakia for the next two weeks-ish, so hopefully either Sal Kar falls so everyone can asylum in Tarakia, or vice versa so the squad can move.

Man, just when I think I have this thing figured out...

The rest of the OO squad that are in Morskoj should be able to jump to Takaria.  I believe you get 1 free jump when you first join the game.  To those who are in Sal Kar, if you have never switched sides you can move to Tarakia, should be under the squad menu to change allegiance.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2006, 07:39:03 PM »

Quote from: "jament"
I'm also looking for a squad.  I was in OO until I moved to find a squad with some people in it.  My current squad has a couple of good guys but a much larger bunch of guys whose goal last night was to paint hounds that looked like "mixed up play-dough".  Oy.  

The GT Goonsquad colors are tiger stripe camo in neon yellow with neon green stripes.  It looks silly but there were FAR too many friendly fire incidents without it.  It might make us stick out, but when you think about it, everybody else now sticks out for not screaming NEON. :lol:   If it's doesn't look radioactive then shoot it!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2006, 08:07:45 PM »

Sort of like that old song by Royal Cash... Radioactivity.  

Remember that song?  We used to play dunkball on 8 foot rims when playing that song, along with Space Cowboy; Jam On It; Yes, Yes, Yes; 5 minutes of Funk,  The Show, Basketball, The Message....  

Ok... noone has a clue what I'm talking about, but trust me, they were great songs!

LD

Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2006, 12:39:50 AM »

New squad is now active, in Tarakia!  Furious Octopi, passcode X,Y,X,Up.  Idling for a while this evening for joins.  Feel free to join, come one, come all!

Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2006, 01:30:08 PM »

We got two more people on last night; hoping we can get 3 or 4 tonight, so that we can start running missions.  I'll be logging on to idle in the lobby hopefully at 6:45 or so this evening, so the sooner we get a bunch of people approved, the sooner we can all start running missions.

Even if you can't play tonight, if you can possibly join, I'd appreciate it; that way, once we get to the weekend, I spend less time idling and waiting for applications and more time in-mission.  So anyone in for tonight?

DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2006, 02:18:32 PM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
Quote from: "jament"

The GT Goonsquad colors are tiger stripe camo in neon yellow with neon green stripes.  It looks silly but there were FAR too many friendly fire incidents without it.  It might make us stick out, but when you think about it, everybody else now sticks out for not screaming NEON. :lol:   If it's doesn't look radioactive then shoot it!

We look like Mountain Dew, and it sure is easy to tell who your teammates are.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2006, 02:40:20 PM »

I don't know, it's probably my sucky TV but at a distance everyone looks grey.  That should be remedied around X-Mas though  Cool

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2006, 02:50:39 PM »

I'm style-impaired, so unless you want a stripe pattern of random neon colors, somebody else better design our emblem and color scheme.  That said, my new paint scheme is REALLY hard to miss.  smile

fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2006, 05:15:59 PM »

I'm style-impaired, so unless you want a stripe pattern of random neon colors, somebody else better design our emblem and color scheme.  That said, my new paint scheme is REALLY hard to miss.  smile

Farscry can come up with some pretty FABULOUS ideas. I bet he'd be, uh, up for it.

--Devil
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2006, 05:26:26 PM »

I should hopefully be online again either Sunday or Monday, and then I just have to manage to switch to Tarakia to join up.

I'd be more than happy to work up an interesting pattern and emblem if no one else has anything they want to use yet.  smile

Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2006, 10:56:35 PM »

Actively idling again, hopefully this should be a little easier on everyone's schedule.

Atragon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2006, 11:36:41 PM »

And I'm in smile

"We do what we must because we can."
X-Box Live: TragicNut
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2006, 01:34:48 AM »

7 people!  This is starting to look like we'll get some real presence now, especially as a few more trickle in from other factions (Sal Kar, I'm looking at you!  The sooner your capital falls, the sooner we get more players!).  Looking forward to apps from the rest of you who want to get in.

fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2006, 02:36:09 AM »

7 people!  This is starting to look like we'll get some real presence now, especially as a few more trickle in from other factions (Sal Kar, I'm looking at you!  The sooner your capital falls, the sooner we get more players!).  Looking forward to apps from the rest of you who want to get in.

I tried again tonight but it's still too soon. I'll either have to wait for this current war to end or my two weeks to expire (Tuesday, I think). So in the meantime I finished up the 1P scenarios and bought out the Morskoj store slywink

I'll try again tomorrow night!

--Devil
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2006, 02:44:34 AM »

I tried again tonight but it's still too soon. I'll either have to wait for this current war to end or my two weeks to expire (Tuesday, I think). So in the meantime I finished up the 1P scenarios and bought out the Morskoj store slywink

I'll try again tomorrow night!

If you're on Sal Kar, it looks like their capital is about to fall.  So you should be able to get in tonight or tomorrow morning when it does; just switch to asylum in Tarakia.  I don't think you get a free switch at the start of a war (only squads), but I might be wrong.  Either way, the Sal Kar are the first to go here, so when they're done, you should be able to jump in.

Edit:  Maybe next time I'll actually read which faction you're on.  Tongue

Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2006, 05:37:50 PM »

Sal Kar has fallen!  So anyone from that faction who wanted to join, now's the time to request asylum in Tarakia and join up!  I'll be idling on and off this afternoon/evening.

faide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2006, 04:01:50 AM »

I've been meaning to get on and join one of the guilds, hopefully I can get on now and get added.  Past 2 weeks have been super busy with relatives coming and going.  It's all over now so hopefully I can get my game time back smile

Gamertag Faiyde

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: