http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 11:14:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chromehounds - NOW WITH IMPRESSIONS  (Read 50811 times)
Clanwolfer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 25, 2006, 01:28:38 AM »

I'll be online and idling for a while with the Fearless Octopi (Morksoj, password X,Y,X,Up).  So anyone still squadless is welcome to give us a shot.

Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 25, 2006, 02:03:21 AM »

My ISP connection is not stable at all tonight. Going to have the cable company come out and take a look tomorrow. They had a guy come out to the cable box a couple of weeks ago, and ever since there have been problems. Hopefully this gets resolved ASAP, I WANT TO PLAY NOW BUT I CAN'T! =( Sorry guys.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 25, 2006, 03:56:49 AM »

Memo to squad:

DO NOT USE ARTILLERY FOR TREE CLEARING!!!

Thank you,

CeeKay

Tongue

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 25, 2006, 11:35:00 AM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
Interesting post on the main forums - once the legs are destroyed on a Hound, all further damage to the legs goes straight to the cockpit. That explains why I died that one time when my destroyed legs slid down a hill.

Now THAT is very important news.  Over half my damage comes from falling off cliffs and down hills.  Couple hits to my legs later and their out.  Next thing you know... BOOM!  Lockdown is blowed up.  

Lesson learned:  Drive safer.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 25, 2006, 12:43:07 PM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
I'm going to try the way mentioned in the FAQ which is basically charge in and blow the base before they know what hit them.  Nothing to lose at this point!

I killed him by driving in circles and firing pretty much non-stop with machine guns. It took a long while and I was on fire and moving slow by the time it ended, but it worked.

Also: I did the charge in and blow the base thing. I had to hide behind it to avoid shots from the defenders while I took it out, but it worked. The only thing that sucked about that strategy was having to work your way back out.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 25, 2006, 02:19:35 PM »

They need to nerf homing missiles and add damage to sniper rifles.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 25, 2006, 02:21:27 PM »

Quote from: "DamageInc"

missle counters just need to be more effective, tho to be honest I would prefer no homing missles, make them all dumbfire.  As for sniper rifles... it all depends, sometimes I feel like they do insane damage and other times I feel like they barely can touch me.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 25, 2006, 02:21:43 PM »

I second and third this comment.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 25, 2006, 02:28:28 PM »

You know, I can't remember seeing homing missiles in the shop.  Do all the sides have them, or is it just an AI thing?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 25, 2006, 02:42:24 PM »

Gahh.... I'm so jealous of you all.  I'm thinking this is going to have to get traded, as I'm having trouble with the concept of idling for an hour a night waiting for someone, anyone from my squad to log in.  The 20 member squad limit was a mistake, and has killed the game for me, as I can see everyone but me playing.    :x

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: July 25, 2006, 02:54:17 PM »

Quote from: "Clanwolfer"
Gahh.... I'm so jealous of you all.  I'm thinking this is going to have to get traded, as I'm having trouble with the concept of idling for an hour a night waiting for someone, anyone from my squad to log in.  The 20 member squad limit was a mistake, and has killed the game for me, as I can see everyone but me playing.    :x

I need to look at our roster, there are some members who I don't think have logged in in a while and perhaps we can open a spot for your Clanwolfer.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 25, 2006, 02:57:02 PM »

Hey Arkon, what's up with you and your 3 simultaneous auctions?  There was a part I wanted last night and I couldn't get it, ya lottery hog.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 25, 2006, 02:59:55 PM »

Current Roster if I remember correctly:  (in no specific order, just off the top of me head, apologize for any spelling errors)

1.Arkon262
2.Destructor
3.DamageInc
4.The Grue  -  Discojason
5.Jarrodhk
5.M Moriarty
6.Soulchilde
7.Lockdown
8.Stiffler
9.DonDesio
10.Hepcat
11.Sparhawk
12.Ceekay
13.Kadnod
14.PingWRX
15.Papa Smurf
16.Fretmute
17.Godhugh
18.Turtle (are you getting the game, or was the rental all?)
19.Doopri

And I am forgetting someone, I apologize.  If anyone on this list isn't planning on playing anymore, please let me know so we can free a spot up.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 25, 2006, 03:00:54 PM »

Quote from: "DiscoJason"
Hey Arkon, what's up with you and your 3 simultaneous auctions?  There was a part I wanted last night and I couldn't get it, ya lottery hog.

Hrmm, I should only have one auction last I checked.  I had 2 in the previous war that I cleared, wondering if they didn't clear correctly.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 25, 2006, 03:04:17 PM »

Quote from: "DiscoJason"

LD

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 25, 2006, 03:39:46 PM »

Agreed, it was awesome seeing almost 12 people in our squad room last night.   Squad limit needs to be upped by 10 or more slots.  This game only really shines when you paly with a group of friends.  

Watching Jarrod run around in the Frankenstein thing was hilarious.

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 25, 2006, 03:41:56 PM »

Arkon: Go ahead and take Moriarty out.  If you haven't had the chance by 4:30 or so when I get off of work I'll log her account in and withdraw her from the squad.

She won't be back to a 360 for another 3 weeks or so, and if she does come visit, I can temporarily withdraw myself, since we can't both play at the same time.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 25, 2006, 03:53:09 PM »

Quote from: "Jarrodhk"
Arkon: Go ahead and take Moriarty out.  If you haven't had the chance by 4:30 or so when I get off of work I'll log her account in and withdraw her from the squad.

She won't be back to a 360 for another 3 weeks or so, and if she does come visit, I can temporarily withdraw myself, since we can't both play at the same time.

Ok, will do.  Clanwolfer if you want to jump in to the GT squad for a while we will have a spot then.
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 25, 2006, 03:54:32 PM »

If there is a waiting list to get in please add me to the queue.  I'm just about at the breaking point of picking this up, but I'd like to have an active squad.  What's the point of a 20-person limit anyway?
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 25, 2006, 04:11:16 PM »

Quote from: "Jancelot"
If there is a waiting list to get in please add me to the queue.  I'm just about at the breaking point of picking this up, but I'd like to have an active squad.  What's the point of a 20-person limit anyway?

I believe it is due to the main lobby for the squad.  In theory you could have all 20 people on at once all of which can be talking, perhaps the voice comm is an issue with more than 20 people.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 25, 2006, 04:21:30 PM »

Quote from: "Arkon"
Quote from: "Jarrodhk"

Ok, will do.  Clanwolfer if you want to jump in to the GT squad for a while we will have a spot then.

Great, I'll try and get in tonight.  Thanks a million.

Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 25, 2006, 04:25:20 PM »

We should put together a waitlist just like that roster; that way, when it gets to a reasonable number of people, we can take the entire waiting list and 3 or 4 people from the main squad, and form 2 squads with equal activity and open spots on each.

Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 25, 2006, 04:29:08 PM »

Fyedaddy and I are looking for a squad to join that plays hours that fit us pretty well.  We're currently in a GWJ squad, but there are various problems with that right now which have us looking at the possibility of joining a squad that may work out better for us.

Just an fyi.

My best hours are from around 7/8pm Central until around 10ish (sometimes later if things are really heating up in the ingame action, though I can't pass 11pm on worknights).

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 25, 2006, 04:50:13 PM »

It may be worth getting a list together to see if we have enough to form a second squad.
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 25, 2006, 04:55:15 PM »

Clan! (I just happend to send you a PM at OO too)

Does this mean the OO squad will fold into a second GT squad?

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: July 25, 2006, 05:06:05 PM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"
Memo to squad:

DO NOT USE ARTILLERY FOR TREE CLEARING!!!

Thank you,

CeeKay

Tongue

I know, I am sorry that my cannons hit you, It was a one time deal.

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 25, 2006, 05:10:51 PM »

I believe it is due to the main lobby for the squad.  In theory you could have all 20 people on at once all of which can be talking, perhaps the voice comm is an issue with more than 20 people.

Well the big issue, even as show last night when we had 10 on, is that everyone trys to talk at the same time.  Regardless of whether or not the voice com is stable at 20 you still won't be able to understand anyone because we all will talk at once.

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 25, 2006, 05:31:44 PM »

Quote from: "fyedaddy"

Clan! (I just happend to send you a PM at OO too)

Does this mean the OO squad will fold into a second GT squad?

It's the only way I see having a decent activity level.  Right now we have 6 people in the OO squad, and we've only managed to get a decent game together one evening.  I think you really need to get 10 or so in a squad just to have that critical mass of players.  Right now I figure on sticking in the GT squad to get a few games in, and when we get 4 or 5 people waitlisted, leaving with them (and hopefully a couple other OO/GTers) for the OO/secondary GT squad, getting a decent level of activity in both squads while opening up room in the GT one.  It'd be nice to even it from, say, the current 20 GT + waitlist and 6 OO, to, say, 17 GT and 13 or 14 OO.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #468 on: July 25, 2006, 05:57:24 PM »

Quote from: "papasmurff"

Well the big issue, even as show last night when we had 10 on, is that everyone trys to talk at the same time.  Regardless of whether or not the voice com is stable at 20 you still won't be able to understand anyone because we all will talk at once.

That's pretty much it - voice chat limitations in regards to bandwith, and the simple flood of people trying to talk at once.

Now, if you could split the room off into seperate squads of 10 or so people each, you could have say a squad of 30-40 easily.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 25, 2006, 06:08:33 PM »

you know... obviously it is possible for there to be multiple squad lobbies, witness the lobby split issue, so they should do it on purpose.  Just add in a Room selector when you log on.  Boom, instant ability to expand the squad size while still limiting the comms problems.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #470 on: July 25, 2006, 07:00:52 PM »

You know, I can't remember seeing homing missiles in the shop.  Do all the sides have them, or is it just an AI thing?

I think only the Heavy Weapon versions are homing missiles.  I have some but they are indeed heavy and the max ammo is, I believe, 24.  Close range only.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #471 on: July 25, 2006, 07:04:23 PM »

Quote from: "Thin_J"
I'm going to try the way mentioned in the FAQ which is basically charge in and blow the base before they know what hit them.  Nothing to lose at this point!

I killed him by driving in circles and firing pretty much non-stop with machine guns. It took a long while and I was on fire and moving slow by the time it ended, but it worked.

Also: I did the charge in and blow the base thing. I had to hide behind it to avoid shots from the defenders while I took it out, but it worked. The only thing that sucked about that strategy was having to work your way back out.

I didn't have to work my way out (thank goodness).  I just shot it up, they released the Black Hound, and I had to finish destroying it while trying to avoid his fire.  When it blew the mission ended.  My squad leader kept freaking out because I went east instead of luring him to the west but it finished and I got the "S" rating.

If I could have continued to pick off the support before the big boy came out I might have had a chance.  Or perhaps if I had even more patience, but I was terrified I'd finally finish it and gain less than S rank.

And I absolutely hate the wheeled bases.

Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 25, 2006, 07:23:46 PM »

By the way, what faction is the GT squad associated with these days?

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #473 on: July 25, 2006, 07:27:19 PM »

By the way, what faction is the GT squad associated with these days?

We were with Tarakia when I logged off last night.
Today... Who knows!  I hope we go back to Sal Kar soon so I can buy the rest of the parts I don't have.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #474 on: July 25, 2006, 07:56:07 PM »

missle counters just need to be more effective, tho to be honest I would prefer no homing missles, make them all dumbfire.  As for sniper rifles... it all depends, sometimes I feel like they do insane damage and other times I feel like they barely can touch me.

One missile counter should stop all missiles fired at you at the same time, and sniper rifles are powerful IF you get the ones that do heat damage (usually the sniper cannons) AND aim directly at the cockpit with perfect accuracy all the time.

Oddly enough, sniper rifles are weapons used to soften up the enemy at range, thus allowing the soldiers to get an easier kill, not to kill an enemy at extreme range unlike most games.

They're Heavy Arms weapons, and you can get a nice one that fires two missiles at once (also available at the Morj side to buy) by beating Defender 7.

After using them (making a cheap Hound with two double firing launchers) against the AI, they're useful weapons. A bit overpowering as well, as they have a high chance of hitting against a Hound that isn't actively trying to dodge them. You just have to remember that they must get close to their target before their fuel empties (if you watch their trails, you'll notice when they run out of gas) in order for them to lock on. And they'll lock onto the first target that they get close to.

And a random thought about switching sides - I've noticed that every few wars another part or three becomes available on each side. So I say we rotate every couple fights just to get the new goodies.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 25, 2006, 08:27:17 PM »

Moving around sounds good.  We are Mercs !   Anyway, I am itching to try the new Cannons  I picked up last night.

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 25, 2006, 08:55:31 PM »

I'm liking the analace cannons atm.  Not as much raw damage as the Falchions, but I like the faster reload speed.  Looking forward to experimenting some more this evening.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 25, 2006, 09:21:21 PM »

I should be home by 7 or so, so I'll switch to Tarakia and join up with the squad then.  Can't wait.   biggrin

Atragon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 25, 2006, 09:54:18 PM »

As one of those on the waiting list, I hope something shakes loose to get more people playing regularly.

"We do what we must because we can."
X-Box Live: TragicNut
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 25, 2006, 09:59:11 PM »

I didn't have to work my way out (thank goodness).  I just shot it up, they released the Black Hound, and I had to finish destroying it while trying to avoid his fire.  When it blew the mission ended.  My squad leader kept freaking out because I went east instead of luring him to the west but it finished and I got the "S" rating.

If I could have continued to pick off the support before the big boy came out I might have had a chance.  Or perhaps if I had even more patience, but I was terrified I'd finally finish it and gain less than S rank.

And I absolutely hate the wheeled bases.

It ended then? :|

Maybe I was attacking the wrong thing. I don't really remember. I know it ended when I killed whatshisname in the black hound though.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: