http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 07:34:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chromehounds - NOW WITH IMPRESSIONS  (Read 50866 times)
Arkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: July 19, 2006, 05:46:38 PM »

I was just looking at the map on the official web page, and well Sal Kar controls everthing but the Tarakia capital.  The next war will be started before I even get home from work, damn.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 19, 2006, 05:55:07 PM »

I know... I'm wondering if they take the chance to change things around during the downtime between wars.  I would think so.  Hopefully this time they can implement some useful fixes.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 19, 2006, 06:31:30 PM »

I would like to see some sales figures honestly.

Anyone know where to look to find out how the game is doing from a sales standpoint by chance?

With the reviews being less-than-kind, but the word-of-mouth being pretty good, I'm just curious.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #363 on: July 19, 2006, 06:46:29 PM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
the king of sniper love

[translation] Camper [/translation] slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 19, 2006, 06:50:27 PM »

Quote from: "Purge"
the king of sniper love

Actually it is more like with 50 foot tall HOUNDs even Lockdown is guaranteed to hit something, even if it is the backside of a squadmate...

:lol:

That said he has done tremendously well hitting the enemy most of the time!
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 19, 2006, 07:00:19 PM »

Quote from: "Arkon"
the king of sniper love

Actually it is more like with 50 foot tall HOUNDs even Lockdown is guaranteed to hit something, even if it is the backside of a squadmate...

Yeah, LD aim is bad.  I shudder when I have him for back up!  He's good for 5-6 shots into the rear of my Hound :lol:

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 19, 2006, 07:04:43 PM »

We all have our moments... I seem to recall at least on instance where I heard 'hey is that guy on the hill one of us?'  "yes" as I'm getting machine-gunned in the back.   Cool

Edit: appears that there is another use for incendiary rounds.  Heat seekers will go for fires, like burning oil tanks, or incendiary explosions.  If you've got some loaded up and are facing a missle heavy hound, could be worth a try.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 19, 2006, 07:14:22 PM »

Quote from: "Jarrodhk"
We all have our moments... I seem to recall at least on instance where I heard 'hey is that guy on the hill one of us?'  "yes" as I'm getting machine-gunned in the back.   Cool

It was your paint scheme! Really it was....

Shit!

NiM$
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 19, 2006, 07:38:37 PM »

:lol: That's okay, the shoot first ask questions later policy is understood.  Also why I started hanging back behind everyone else.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 19, 2006, 07:46:11 PM »

Quote from: "Soulchilde"
the king of sniper love

Yeah, LD aim is bad.  I shudder when I have him for back up!  He's good for 5-6 shots into the rear of my Hound :lol:

PERHAPS, just perhaps... if someone, (who shall remain nameless), had their mic turned on, I would know I was hitting them in the back...  Just a crazy, wild thought though.  

Tongue  Tongue  Tongue

(and for the record, I have only hit Soulchilde in the back twice.  And it was when he was doing what I call "the Soulchilde Slide".  Sometimes he steps in my line of fire as he's fighting the bad guys.)  :wink:

And to think, I may not even be able to play for very long tonight.  Bummer!

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 19, 2006, 07:49:31 PM »

Well, if you can't play much tonight, that just means you need to shoot soulchilde twice as much while you are on!

<whistles innocently>

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #371 on: July 19, 2006, 08:07:24 PM »

Mount the heavy gun between your chassis and your cockpit.  Seems to be the most stable place to fire it from.

Or better yet, put two between your chassis and your cockpit and be some ungainly tall Hound. biggrin

The kickback on that thing must be absurd. I know how it feels to fire one barrel. Two must be insane.

I was just looking at the map on the official web page, and well Sal Kar controls everthing but the Tarakia capital.  The next war will be started before I even get home from work, damn.

When I looked this morning, the Russians (red) owned the map (short of the Tarakia capital) except for the Sal Kar area (green). Sal Kar was right near the Russian's base, so it seems that Sal Kar took down the capital, thus gaining all the terrorities the Russians had.

To quote Counterstrike: Terrorists win. smile

And incase you want to see how the war is going while you're at work or something, visit this link:

http://www.sega.com/gamesite/chromehounds/leaderboard.php

So...can we be the Russians next fight? Or do we all want to stay the Sal Kar for the next match so we get the Gamerpoints for staying with one side for 3 wars?

Quote from: "Soulchilde"
It was your paint scheme! Really it was....

I still say we should all go the bright neon orange color we were that one night. You can't mistake that at all.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 19, 2006, 08:12:04 PM »

We need to institute a polic to help against shooting teammates.  If someone asks in the mic whether someone else is friendly or foe, everyone flash their headlights.  Or come up with a better idea than that. smile

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 19, 2006, 08:16:24 PM »

What?  "is that you I'm shooting?" "How about now?"  Isn't good enough for you people??

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 19, 2006, 08:34:01 PM »

Quote from: "DiscoJason"
We need to institute a polic to help against shooting teammates.  If someone asks in the mic whether someone else is friendly or foe, everyone flash their headlights.  Or come up with a better idea than that. smile

The night mission we ran was pretty intense with the night vision.  You couldn't tell friend from foe.  I think I remember yelling ,"Turn on your lights so we don't shoot each other!"

This game can have some white-knuckle moments

NiM$
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #375 on: July 19, 2006, 11:34:17 PM »

I can hardly ever tell friend from foe in this game.  If you shoot at me I shoot back.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #376 on: July 20, 2006, 12:36:42 AM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
I can hardly ever tell friend from foe in this game.  If you shoot at me I shoot back.

Bright neon orange. We really need to do that.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Atragon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 20, 2006, 03:33:25 AM »

I'm almost ready to go online with this... I just have to do the commander track, and re-do defender 5, and scout 2, 3, and 5... and the general tutorial. (Yes, yes I am trying for straight S ranks across the board.)

"We do what we must because we can."
X-Box Live: TragicNut
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #378 on: July 20, 2006, 04:18:50 AM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
Quote from: "stiffler"

Bright neon orange. We really need to do that.

They need to have a part that is like a beacon or something that glows green or something when a friendly is on-screen.  Make it an assist part and be done with it.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 20, 2006, 05:14:00 AM »

I like the idea of an assist part.  Of course considering From's design philosophy, they'll make it weigh 500 for no real reason.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 20, 2006, 11:26:28 AM »

Has anyone here actually had a 6v6 battle with other players?  I have only been able to play smaller battles against other players, but every time it's 6v6, the connection fails and we're all back in the lobby.

Every time.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 20, 2006, 12:26:26 PM »

I'm seeing some threads on the official boards about some kind of sal kar superweapon.  A huge hound that is extremely tough and mean...

Not sure if it's a joke or not.... my interest in the game has perked a bit more!

Edit: apparently every faction has a super hound??  Wow...
Edit some more:  Sounds real... looks like we have FROM's answer to the base rushers.  More imaginative than I gave them credit for  :lol:

Edit edit edit:http://boards.sega.com/chromehounds/viewtopic.php?t=1544  
http://www.sega.com/gamesite/chromehounds/lb_news.php?nid=49&va=&vb=&did=22

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 20, 2006, 12:34:56 PM »

I'm seeing some threads on the official boards about some kind of sal kar superweapon.  A huge hound that is extremely tough and mean...

Not sure if it's a joke or not.... my interest in the game has perked a bit more!

Edit: apparently every faction has a super hound??  Wow...
Edit some more:  Sounds real... looks like we have FROM's answer to the base rushers.  More imaginative than I gave them credit for  :lol:

Link you bastard!!1  LINK!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully I will have some time to jump on tonight.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 20, 2006, 12:50:46 PM »

Mount the heavy gun between your chassis and your cockpit.  Seems to be the most stable place to fire it from.

If you're going to be talking about the best place to mount and fire your heavy gun, take it someplace else, pal.   This is a family forum.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 20, 2006, 12:53:21 PM »

Just trying to help my fellow cannon users.  Sheesh... some people.

:twisted:

Pikachu, I Blame you!
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 20, 2006, 01:55:13 PM »

Edit: appears that there is another use for incendiary rounds.  Heat seekers will go for fires, like burning oil tanks, or incendiary explosions.  If you've got some loaded up and are facing a missle heavy hound, could be worth a try.

LOL

Last night

Is someone at "G"

Yeah, that's me

meanwhile unbeknownst to the mech at "G" a salvo of missiles/rockets are on their deadly way.

.... gets hit in the back with a full missile/rocket salvo

I'm out

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #386 on: July 20, 2006, 02:34:58 PM »

Holy mother of pearl:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ASF4QmDK4m8

Now THAT will kill a Pike base rusher. And about 20 of his friends. biggrin

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 20, 2006, 02:51:33 PM »

Way Cool.  

We see that thing, I say we let Soulchilde go in first to "investigate".

I'll sit back and wait for his report.

"I got your back, brother!  Go check it out."

Tongue

LD

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 20, 2006, 03:10:03 PM »

So if that cut scene plays you know you're pretty much screwed, eh?

Well, I started trying out a soldier class hound last night and blew myself up when I accidentally fired a 4 missile pack volley into a dead hound at point blank range.  I have a good feeling about the design though, even if it is slower than I'm used to.  I wish you could link more than 4 weapons together...

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 21, 2006, 01:16:41 AM »

Well, we had a few good runs tonight, then the wife decided we needed to watch some show or other.  Sal Kar lost the war just before logging off, but we had a much better effort this go around.  Hopefully this time we can finish off the war.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: July 21, 2006, 01:37:06 AM »

Can anyone confirm if Chome Hounds has bots?

TeamXbox.com posted an interview a while back:

Will the multiplayer game support bots?

Toshifumi Nabeshima: While playing in the Neroimus war mode, the power balance is changed by the players in default. However, it is possible to fight with squads composed of NPCs. We developed an original AI system for these NPCs where it will decide their routes based on the terrain and play just as tactically as other players do.

That's not really a good "yes or no" answer though. Since I don't have Live, can I load up the multiplayer map(s) and just substitute what would have been other humans with AI-controlled players?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 21, 2006, 01:40:59 AM »

Unfortunately without live i believe only the single player tutorial is available.  With live you can run missions against bots by participating in the Neiromus war against the AI.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #392 on: July 21, 2006, 02:02:43 AM »

Quote from: "corruptrelic"
That's not really a good "yes or no" answer though. Since I don't have Live, can I load up the multiplayer map(s) and just substitute what would have been other humans with AI-controlled players?

Without Live, this game is a total waste of $60 IMHO. The game is best described as Tribes for the PC - the single player component is entirely a tutorial to play the real game online.

You get to play around a bit with the Hound customization, and fight against the AI, but the meat of the game is against other humans (or at least against the AI in the 'war') via Live.

Also, the back of the box is a lie - there is no split screen multiplayer like how it's indicated.

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 21, 2006, 11:41:14 AM »

Was just reading on the connection issues, and why we get multiple lobbies at times and found this.

Multiple lobby, connection issues, Communication obstacle... all solved and it was the "Strict NAT issue". It turned out that we did have someone in our squad that didn't have an Xbox Live Compactable router and when he ran the test his NAT showed Strict. I have an Xbox Live compactable router but I recently went to a Voice Over IP phone service (VoIP) and they gave me a new router. I kept both routers since my original router had the wireless for my laptop and the new one had the phone adapter for the VoIP. When I ran the test it said my NAT was Open but I couldn't get in the same lobby as the person with Strict. I had my router with the phone adapter, which apparently did Strict NATing connected to my cable modem, then the wireless that was Xbox Live compactable. Once I changed that and had that router first, connected directly to the cable modem and the Xbox 360 connected directly to it and had the VoIP router hanging off it everything worked fine.

The problem is if you have two or more people in your squad that have Strict NATing you will see the "Multiple Lobby" issue because the two can't connect together. You may be able to flash your router to newer firmware and resolve the issue. You should get the make and model number off the router and then go to the manufacture's web site and get the latest firmware. It should have directions to load it. Be careful that you get the correct firmware for you model. You could "Brick" your router if you don't load the correct one.

and then found this on MS Website... we may need to have the entire squad check router settings for NAT.

But let's say you're using a router that's a strict NAT. When you want to host a game, you now have something to consider. Anyone else who's behind a router that uses a moderate or strict NAT may not be able to connect to your session.

Let's look at one final example going the other direction: you joining someone else's game. Will you be able to participate fully with everyone in the game? If you have a moderate NAT on your home network, you can get an idea of what may happen by consulting the table. If the players you want to play with are using strict NATs, you will likely experience problems. You may not be able to hear them and they may not be able to hear you. Your Xbox 360 console may not be able to "see" those players at all.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 21, 2006, 12:39:01 PM »

Arkon - I really like your new Commander mech with the incidiary (sp?) cannons on it.  Now THAT is a multipurpose hound that can contribute each and every battle in multiple ways.  I hope you keep that design for a while, and don't get burned out using it.  Extremely well done!

- - -

Soulchilde - When you have a chance, can you check something for me?  I seem to be missing my right ear and a few fingers.  I'm thinking you will find them lodged in the foot of your soldier mech after you squashed my defenseless self numerous times last night with your squatty weaponless hound.  I really hope Arkon cooks your butt good tonight.  I am purchasing tickets for a front row seat!   :wink:

- - -

Turtle or Destructor  (I mix you two up all the time) - Thanks for showing us your "protection" scheme last night.  I created a new sniper hound yesterday after you left that I just love.  Armor protection right in front of the cockpit thanks to those funky slanted spacers.  Protection from frontal fire just can't be understated for the way I play the game.  Gracias amigo.

- - -

Don - I am getting used to you not being in a scout, and love your new heavy mech.  I especially like the bright decals you put on it as it helps identify you so easily (at least, I think that's your mech).  If everyone would do that, there would be no reason at all to change our color scheme to some disgusting orange flower girl pattern.

- - -

??? - I forget who came in last night with that hover scout design, but that was the fastest mech I have ever seen.  Another excellent and creative design that is invaluable to the team concept.  Fantastic scout mech, whoever you are.  (stiffler? doopri? ping? someone else?  Sorry, I just don't remember who it was.)

LD

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 21, 2006, 12:42:28 PM »

The super scout was Stiffler.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 21, 2006, 01:29:55 PM »

Lockdown- It was my pleasure to play footsie with you!

Destructor -Thanks for the weapon placement idea.  It Increased my fire power by quite alot.

NiM$
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #397 on: July 21, 2006, 01:31:03 PM »

Arkon - I really like your new Commander mech with the incidiary (sp?) cannons on it.  Now THAT is a multipurpose hound that can contribute each and every battle in multiple ways.  I hope you keep that design for a while, and don't get burned out using it.  Extremely well done!

Turtle or Destructor  (I mix you two up all the time) - Thanks for showing us your "protection" scheme last night.  I created a new sniper hound yesterday after you left that I just love.  Armor protection right in front of the cockpit thanks to those funky slanted spacers.  Protection from frontal fire just can't be understated for the way I play the game.  Gracias amigo.

I run the same way on my Commander - a pair of burning shot cannons and a triad of machine guns. Heck - I've been known to lead charges for some insane reason. biggrin

And I'm not sure which one of us had that design first. If I remember right, I built my design and showed it Turtle, who was trying to design his own Hound with the same exact thing. So we compared notes and ended up with what we have now. It looks really silly, and you're very vunerable to a rear attack, but it works amazingly great if you're always able to point the business end of your guns towards your enemies.

It works so well infact, that I've been able to walk away from AI fights with no cockpit damage. Of course, heat seeking missiles are always an issue, and artillery just sends me to kingdom come (as my cockpit can't take much in the way of damage), but a frontal assault will be turned away.

This is why I love this game. There's so many ways to build a Hound you can come across just about anything.

Arkon - it's crazy just how sensitive Live is. It also explains all the connection issues we've been experiencing. It does not work well behind standard default Firewall/Router settings.

Soulchilde - glad to help. Additional firepower is always a good thing.

Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 21, 2006, 03:47:11 PM »

I'll be joining the BovinesConspire squad, but I look forward to killing you soon!

I played through all the Sniper single player missions and a few of the others, and I'm just having a blast. This is also my first 360 game, and the console is wonderful. I didn't think I'd like it this much.

PSN ID: EduardoX
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 21, 2006, 09:14:03 PM »

I love the idea of being a scout, but the reality is..I like surviving battles more.

It seems like I should be able to scout and light towers and run away from battles, but in actual combat situations, I find that I can't get away quickly enough and end up really badly damaged and then I'm limping along until I get destroyed.  I s'pose I could try smoke and see how that goes.

But I'd rather walk in with my quad-legger, missiles, tank cannon, and 2-4 machine guns for when the enemy tries to rush me.

And at the end of the battle, I'm still standing.

The bright armor decal is just the Sal Kar flag decal stretched over an armor plate and then the Hound Number over that.  When we switch countries again, it won't be nearly as bright any more.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: