http://gamingtrend.com
August 31, 2014, 09:03:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chromehounds - NOW WITH IMPRESSIONS  (Read 50095 times)
Arkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 18, 2006, 12:57:52 AM »

Quote from: "juniordan"
I just figured out I cant join the clan because I am in the wrong fraction and wont be able to change for 2 weeks.

Well the squad is full at the moment.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 18, 2006, 03:13:07 AM »

The Wanderers also have a squad that's allied to Tarakia if you want in, we have lots of room and will need some fresh mea...er, recruits! slywink
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 18, 2006, 03:35:54 AM »

Quote from: "Harkonis"
The Wanderers also have a squad that's allied to Tarakia if you want in, we have lots of room and will need some fresh mea...er, recruits! slywink

K, I will probably send a request tomorrow sometime, I think I am done for the night

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: July 18, 2006, 07:52:18 AM »

My new defender is performing well.  Four cannons with the highest grade HEAT shells, courtesy of Sal Kar, and three shotguns that fire two rounds each time, and reload quickly, also courtesy of Sal Kar.  

Sal Kar weapons are quite light, and don't lose much power.  Their rockets seem to travel slower than the Mojorsk or Tarakian rockets.  The durability on Sal Kar weapons are low though, so aim well with your first vollies.

Then all on top of a tough defender cockpit and treads, from the ruskies faction.

I've got a killing machine.
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: July 18, 2006, 11:51:47 AM »

Why will no one add me to a squad.  I have asked at least two people to do so and have not gotten a reply.  Are you not getting my frined invite?

I sent one to Arkon but Live said he did not have a Live account.  I sent one to someone else and nothing.

I would love to join in the fun guys.  Sign me up.  I can play almost every night at some point.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: July 18, 2006, 11:59:12 AM »

I have been busy with work the past few days.  

I need to log in tonight and see if I won either of those 2 lotteries I got yelled at for bidding in, and then check out how I can further improve my lean, mean, medium/long range support soldier/sniper mech with Sal-Kar parts.

Can't let Soulchilde go into battle without his trusty support teammate shooting at him!  (err... I mean over him.)   biggrin

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 18, 2006, 12:06:35 PM »

Quote from: "mikeg"
Why will no one add me to a squad.  I have asked at least two people to do so and have not gotten a reply.  Are you not getting my frined invite?

I sent one to Arkon but Live said he did not have a Live account.  I sent one to someone else and nothing.

I would love to join in the fun guys.  Sign me up.  I can play almost every night at some point.

Mike, my gamertag is Arkon262, make sure you didn't try sending to Arkon.  Let me look at the member list as we are full up.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 18, 2006, 12:16:31 PM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
I have been busy with work the past few days.  

I need to log in tonight and see if I won either of those 2 lotteries I got yelled at for bidding in, and then check out how I can further improve my lean, mean, medium/long range support soldier/sniper mech with Sal-Kar parts.

Can't let Soulchilde go into battle without his trusty support teammate shooting at him!  (err... I mean over him.)   biggrin

Yeah, I missed not having you shooting me in the back last night smile  

I like the Sal Kar parts but like Turtle said they can't take a beating.  So make your shots count smile

I'll be in for more tonight

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 18, 2006, 01:35:07 PM »

Just saw this posted elsewhere!!!:

I've just learned tonight that the amount of entries into the lottery is determined by your squads rank. Tonight we went from rookie++ to regular, along with that we shot up from 8 to 15 entries.

Yay for that.  Looks like we will get more lottery positions soon.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 18, 2006, 01:44:50 PM »

More lotter slots yes!

Mikeg:   :oops: I was the other person you messaged.  I'm sorry, I was in the middle of a mission when I got the message and promptly forgot I had one at all when I was finished.  As Arkon said, unfortunately the goonsquad is full, but, it is sounding like we have enough interest for a second squad. (actually I might have seen a thread for one before starting to read this one).  (Edit:appears that thread is about saints row.. bah.) Again, my apologies, I didn't mean to ignore you!

Sal Kar: I like the shotguns.  I'm having fun with the howitzers as well.  Made a inverse walker with 3 howitzers loaded with incendiary shells and 3 machine guns.  I'm looking forward to setting you all on fi... um... seeing you all tonight!

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 18, 2006, 02:01:42 PM »

Mikeg, we should have a spot open tonight, send a friend request to Arkon262 and when you see me jump on we will coordinate getting you in.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: July 18, 2006, 02:27:03 PM »

Quote from: "Jarrodhk"
Sal Kar: I like the shotguns.  I'm having fun with the howitzers as well.  Made a inverse walker with 3 howitzers loaded with incendiary shells and 3 machine guns.  I'm looking forward to setting you all on fi... um... seeing you all tonight!

As long as you don't toss smoke shells into the middle of the firefight, I'll be happy.  :roll:  :lol:

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 18, 2006, 02:28:26 PM »

By the way, I don't think I've commented too much on this game in this thread, so I want to rectify that.  Quite simply, the game rocks.  By game, I just mean the multi-player, because the single player doesn't interest me in the least.  I did the first 6 missions for Soldier and then got on to do multi-player and never looked back.  I've only ever made a soldier and I love the role.  I go in guns a'blazin' without much fear.  As long as I can get in close range, I can usually survive.

I love the mech customization part and I have really worked to get my mech looking the way I want.  I wish I could save a picture of the mech and show others because I think he looks pretty cool and I want to show people who don't have the game what kind of things are possible.  I just wish I could find a missile counter that only weighed about 100.  Might go look at the guide ot see if one exists.  I am sure if it does, it has like 5 charges and probably wouldn't be worth it.

Playing in the Goonsquad is a load of fun and I think we have a very good group of guys (and girl) in the squad.  The game is very addicting because of the MMO aspect and I thought I had left that behind after playing MMORPGs since Meridian 59 and finally stopping when I cancelled WoW recently.  Chromehounds is much better as an addiction, though, because it doesn't take much of a time investment.  It isn't like a raid which could take 3 hours to do.  Missions are going to take 20 minutes at the most, usually.

PhillyPeteRock keeps sending me messages begging for some of us to give up Chromehounds and come play with him, but I think he is going to be disappointed.  Pete, if you are reading this, go get Chromehounds.  It's a shooter at heart, except it is a shooter with awesome robots.

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 18, 2006, 02:30:35 PM »

Well... smoke just disorients you... fire makes you go OWOWOWOWOw.  <shrug> I'm sure I'll end up dropping it on my own feet at some point.

Apparently you can run into Rafzekial spec ops AI squads.  I'm thinking that the games where we saw different camo schemes (and got clobbered on) were spec ops squads.  Would explain the difficulty jump.

Anybody been on today to notice any improvements from the maintenance?

Pikachu, I Blame you!
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 18, 2006, 02:32:18 PM »

I took a break since my marathon over the weekend put me at PFC. I'll probably be back on tonight.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 18, 2006, 02:34:51 PM »

Haven't been on yet as I am stuck at work.  I believe the missle system from Tarakia was around 100 weight, tho I could be mistaken.

If you haven't yet done so, make sure and buy radiators from Sal Kar, they seem to be the best in the game.  Keeping your heat down helps keep from being a beacon of light during a night mission with night vision/thermal vision, and it also helps in dodging heat seeking missles.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 18, 2006, 02:37:37 PM »

I saw someone post about sal kar having double-barrel machine guns... anyone seen such a critter?  Maybe that's another squad/personal rank thing to unlock.

I've been thinking way too much about this game.   I think I dreamed about it too  :?

Mainly I want to fire more incendiaries.

I really not a pyro.

Honest.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 18, 2006, 02:45:01 PM »

I think I dreamed about it too  :?

I actually did dream about it last night.  I forgot about it until you mentioned dreaming.  I forget what the dream details were, other than I was trying to get my customization just right.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 18, 2006, 03:00:12 PM »

Hopefully the war doesn't end before I get a chance to check out the Sal Kar parts.  I've had power outages the last 2 nights in a row  :evil:   It's almost like someone doesn't want me to try out my new scout.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 18, 2006, 03:08:10 PM »

Lighter weight radiators?  IN!

Especially cause my mech (err... hound) uses two of them, which is a bit overkill, but one just wasn't enough.

And I was just a tad short of running the config. I wanted before due to weight restrictions, so this might do the trick.

And I will make a comment regarding the game as well:

As good as I think it is, and as fun and addicting as I think it is, I am relatively sure I would not still be playing if I wasn't in a group with people I know.  The game is a ton of fun, but I think (for me), it's because of playing with the great people here.  I'm pretty sure if I was "out on my own", the game's legs would be significantly shorter.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: July 18, 2006, 03:13:50 PM »

As good as I think it is, and as fun and addicting as I think it is, I am relatively sure I would not still be playing if I wasn't in a group with people I know.  The game is a ton of fun, but I think (for me), it's because of playing with the great people here.  I'm pretty sure if I was "out on my own", the game's legs would be significantly shorter.

+1.  The main thing that sold me on this game, despite horrid reviews, was knowing that there would be a great bunch of people to play with.

Because I can,
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 18, 2006, 03:15:18 PM »

I'm pretty sure if I was "out on my own", the game's legs would be significantly shorter.

You mean sort of like your own legs Lockdown????
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 18, 2006, 03:19:19 PM »

Yep, like those.   smile

LD

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: July 18, 2006, 03:21:18 PM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"

+1.  The main thing that sold me on this game, despite horrid reviews, was knowing that there would be a great bunch of people to play with.

Agreed. Nothing like a good bunch of guys to play an online only game with. I haven't had so much fun in quite a while thanks to you all.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 18, 2006, 03:27:09 PM »

Agreed on the good folks to play with!  Main reason I wish the squad limit was higher.  I don't want to ignore papasmurff when playing, but I have to keep comms open to coordinate with you guys.  (or I DO want to ignore him, one of those two things  :twisted: )

Also, if you were wondering why you would want/need radiators, incendiary rounds are the answer.  Don't see many people using them at the moment, but, I think that's because people are focused on max penetration values.  Personally, I'm looking forward to frying some people who think radiators are a waste of space.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 18, 2006, 03:39:09 PM »

Agreed, I love playing with you guys.  I'm sure with playing with a good squad this game would probably have very short legs.  

Also, it good to play with people who don't really care about getting our asses kicked by AI.  Man, that was a low point last night  :lol:

NiM$
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 18, 2006, 03:54:08 PM »

I don't want to ignore papasmurff when playing, but I have to keep comms open to coordinate with you guys.  (or I DO want to ignore him, one of those two things  :twisted: )

Could be worse.  You could be like Soulchilde, who doesn't notice his mic is turned off at least once a night.  Let me describe a typical night as his partner, for those of you who have not had the luxury...

Arkon:  Soul, you and Lockdown head to point A, then take combas C.

Soulchilde:  ...

Arkon:  Soul, you should see 3 mechs coming over the hill to your position any second.  You and Lockdown take care of them, let me know if you need help.

Arkon: Soul, when you get done with those mechs, you guys head over to combas F and regroup with Don and Destructor.  We'll defend from there.

Arkon:  Soul, you ok over there?  Those mechs should be right on top of you!!  

Soulchilde: ...

Lockdown:  I think maybe he has his mic turned off... AGAIN.

Soulchilde:  Oops...  How'd that happen!

Tongue

LD

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 18, 2006, 04:18:00 PM »

LOL!  Yep, I've fallen victim to talking to myself a few times as well.

As far as the losing to the AI... I'm pretty sure we ran into the spec ops squads that are out there.  Seems like they have better configs and AI.  It would make sense considering they didn't have the normal camo for AI.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 18, 2006, 04:33:26 PM »

Hush, LD.  Simply HUSH! We have started fragging team-mates last night.  Let's me and you head out to a COMBAS together  :twisted:    :lol:

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 18, 2006, 04:38:47 PM »

Quote from: "Soulchilde"
Agreed, I love playing with you guys.  I'm sure with playing with a good squad this game would probably have very short legs.

I guess it's a good thing we suck then  :wink:

Because I can,
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 18, 2006, 04:53:08 PM »

Hush, LD.  Simply HUSH! We have started fragging team-mates last night.  Let's me and you head out to a COMBAS together  :twisted:    :lol:

This must be why everyone got quiet after I asked Soulchilde to follow me out to a COMBAS last night.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 18, 2006, 04:57:12 PM »

In fairness, if Soulchilde has the Plantronics X30 headset, the "off" position looks like a microphone.  There's a line through it, but that's hard to see.  I've thought it was on numerous times myself, especially as the "on" position has no icon at all.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 18, 2006, 05:01:42 PM »

Quote from: "DiscoJason"

This must be why everyone got quiet after I asked Soulchilde to follow me out to a COMBAS last night.

You guys are great ! It's my typing that sucks!!

NiM$
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 18, 2006, 05:03:17 PM »

Very, very true.  Also the reason why I WILL NOT buy this game.  The second I buy it and by the time I'm halfway decent at playing everyone here will have moved on to something else and with no riveting single player I would then have a $60 coaster.  I just can't jump into a new game and play it constantly within the first few days of release.  Heck, I'm even now just starting/trying to get into Oblivion and I had that since it came out!

As much as I'm dying to play it with you guys I know I would not be ready in time.  I'm the type that reads manuals, reads strategy guides and practices forever and never really plays the game in question.

Mark my words.   The second Madden 07 comes out nobody here at GT will ever mention Chromehounds again.

Sad.  :cry:

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 18, 2006, 05:11:34 PM »

Agreed on the good folks to play with!  Main reason I wish the squad limit was higher.  I don't want to ignore papasmurff when playing, but I have to keep comms open to coordinate with you guys.  (or I DO want to ignore him, one of those two things  :twisted: ).

Thanks, I agree that I would play the game more if I was in a squad with the people I play most of my games with.  But how it is I am not, so I guess I will wait for space to open and just play with the solo or in the free battles.  Overall I would have to say that I have liked it so far but last night i just gave up on it and played Battlefield 2 and got my expet sniper.  Even Though Jarrodhk has more points and game time, I still out rank him---- That was revenge Jarrod for the cheap shot!!! :twisted:

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: July 18, 2006, 05:18:10 PM »

Quote from: "Starshifter"

Very, very true.  Also the reason why I WILL NOT buy this game.  The second I buy it and by the time I'm halfway decent at playing everyone here will have moved on to something else and with no riveting single player I would then have a $60 coaster.  I just can't jump into a new game and play it constantly within the first few days of release.  Heck, I'm even now just starting/trying to get into Oblivion and I had that since it came out!

As much as I'm dying to play it with you guys I know I would not be ready in time.  I'm the type that reads manuals, reads strategy guides and practices forever and never really plays the game in question.

Mark my words.   The second Madden 07 comes out nobody here at GT will ever mention Chromehounds again.

Madden is crap, I will still be playing and talking about chromehounds.  Chromehounds even has caused me to give up on EQ2 and Titan Quest.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: July 18, 2006, 05:25:14 PM »

Also, if you were wondering why you would want/need radiators, incendiary rounds are the answer.  Don't see many people using them at the moment, but, I think that's because people are focused on max penetration values.  Personally, I'm looking forward to frying some people who think radiators are a waste of space.

I have been set on fire before, and it's constant damage for a good long time. Something tells me that heat sinks would help that somewhat.

And penetration is only good at the listed range of the guns. Once you pass that number, damage decreases due to most guns in the game being kinetic based, which reduces the force of the shot as distance goes up. One reason why I love my chemical based cannons - the damage doesn't decrease except via armor.

Random thought - there needs to be a way to have the squad go against each other. Either in packs or in solo. I want to test out my Hound designs against a real person (especially since the Test Hound thingy doesn't throw you against an actual Hound ever), and I don't want to lose my rank if I lose horribly. biggrin

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 18, 2006, 05:35:12 PM »

Yep, an inter-squad fight option would be nice.  Technically I would think we could go into the freebattle mode and do that?

NCAA what now?  I don't do sports games.  Mech game trumps pretty much everything else for me, and chromehounds is a Very good mech game.

Of course it would be even better if SEGA/FROM improves the squad UI a bit.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 18, 2006, 05:40:53 PM »

not only do you take damage from fire, but it raises your internal temperature pretty rapidly.  If your heat ever hits the top of the bar, your generator takes damage at an enormous rate until the heat is back down to about 1/4.  It literally takes only 10-20 seconds for the generator to completely cook off if you are hit with incendiary and have no radiator.  After you lose your generator, you do everything much more sluggishly.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 18, 2006, 05:44:23 PM »

Quote from: "Arkon"
Quote from: "Starshifter"

Madden is crap, I will still be playing and talking about chromehounds.  Chromehounds even has caused me to give up on EQ2 and Titan Quest.

Chromehounds has taken the place of WoW and Titan Quest as well

NiM$
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: