http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 10:47:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chromehounds - NOW WITH IMPRESSIONS  (Read 50315 times)
faide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 14, 2006, 06:11:41 PM »

Forgot to put my gamertag: Faiyde

Lockdown
Gaming Trend Senior Member

LD

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 14, 2006, 06:21:28 PM »

Did anyone get the strategy guide with their game?  The book said I NEED THIS GUIDE on the front of it.  Imagine that?!

I saw it in the store as I was picking the game up and paged through it.  What I noticed looked mostly like maps and a metric-ton of equipment listings.  I promptly put it back, thinking to myself that reading it might make my head explode.

Did anyone pick it up and give it a good read through by chance?  Thoughts

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 14, 2006, 07:00:40 PM »

Well, I caved.  I'm actually enjoying the single player missions much more than I expected.  It helps that you unlock cool parts by scoring well (so far, I've got all 'S' ranks, but I've only played the first three missions on Soldier and Sniper).  

I tried joining the squad, but I'm getting a "failed to connect."  I'm probably going to be a fairly casual player, though, so I don't want to take up a slot if others are going to be playing feverishly.  I've got a lot of vacation time coming up.

My XBL tag is BullwinkleJ.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 14, 2006, 07:08:03 PM »

I think we are filling up here pretty quickly.  I think 40 per squad would have been better.  Someone might need to start up the OO Brutesquad

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 14, 2006, 07:45:55 PM »

Things to keep in mind when trying to join a squad (pardon if this has been posted already):  When searching for a squad, it is case sensitive.  There has to be at least one person in the main lobby/garage for the squad to show up in a search.  51% of the online squad members have to approve someone for them to join.  (which means at least 2 peopla have to be online and available.)

Why they did things this way, I have no idae, but, it is a pain.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: July 14, 2006, 08:05:21 PM »

Quote from: "Soulchilde"
I think we are filling up here pretty quickly.  I think 40 per squad would have been better.  Someone might need to start up the OO Brutesquad

The big issue with squad limits is the voice chat room, methinks. I'm impressed that you can hold a conversation with that many people at once. It is cool having so many people chatting at once while you're building a Hound or something though.

And we were at 14 people as of early this morning. Not sure where we are now.

The AI isn't that tough, IMHO. The game seems to throw a random Hound at you, which isn't too bad unless you're in a lightly armed Scout Hound or something. Just make sure you get rid of any turrets nearby, and just start pounding away. Keep moving in different directions, and go against their weaknesses. Most importantly, aim for the cockpit. If that goes, you win automatically. Either that or disable them by hitting the guns first.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 14, 2006, 08:07:03 PM »

As squad leader, I don't need the 51%.  I will head on soon and see if any of ya'll are around.  If once I go on, you get teh error connecting to server, both Hepcat and Pingwrx were having this issue.  It was the router in both instances.  Read the link I put up to make sure you have proper port forwarding enabled.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 14, 2006, 08:18:59 PM »

Moriarty and someone else was also having a problem where they were unable to see the other squad members when they came back from a mission.  Moriarty dropped back out to the main title screen and resigned into live, that seemed to work for clearing the problem up.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 14, 2006, 08:47:11 PM »

Hopefully I don't have server problems with this one, I have no control over my router.   frown

DonD

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 14, 2006, 08:53:19 PM »

My wife brought me home a shiny yellow bag with Chromehounds in it.  Whee!

See you in a bit!

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 14, 2006, 09:07:47 PM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
The AI isn't that tough, IMHO. The game seems to throw a random Hound at you, which isn't too bad unless you're in a lightly armed Scout Hound or something. Just make sure you get rid of any turrets nearby, and just start pounding away. Keep moving in different directions, and go against their weaknesses. Most importantly, aim for the cockpit. If that goes, you win automatically. Either that or disable them by hitting the guns first.

Gotcha... the key is that I suck  :lol:

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 14, 2006, 09:19:02 PM »

Dang I wasn't even remotely interested in this title and now I need to go track it down as it sounds very fun.  I work nights so am probably out for most MP action with your squad but if there is still room I'd love to join (once I get the game) and if you need the space for a more active member I've no problem with being dropped out.

p.s.  couldn't that reviewer have not mentioned M1 Tank platoon so much?  I love that game and that sealed the fate of my $60  biggrin
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 14, 2006, 10:19:01 PM »

Apparently the first war is over... moskoj has won.  

Or so say the people on the official forums.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 14, 2006, 10:38:02 PM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
Did anyone get the strategy guide with their game?  The book said I NEED THIS GUIDE on the front of it.  Imagine that?!

I saw it in the store as I was picking the game up and paged through it.  What I noticed looked mostly like maps and a metric-ton of equipment listings.  I promptly put it back, thinking to myself that reading it might make my head explode.

Did anyone pick it up and give it a good read through by chance?  Thoughts

I picked it up lockdown it has all the info on all the maps and mp maps and a detailed listing of all the parts you can unlock and enough stats on the parts to make your head spin. smile

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 14, 2006, 10:57:05 PM »

I would love to pick this up but I only play multiplayer stuff once every 30,000 years or so.  

Is it possible to start up a multiplayer game with only a few friends just for fun?  For example, can Devil, Lockdown and I team up and play against the AI so that we can demonstrate our complete ineptness at controlling huge lumbering machines????  Or do you have to join all this squad bullshit that sounds completely ridiculous and a colossal waste of time.  I really hate that when you have plan, study, formulate, schedule, and jump through hoops just to sit down for a half hour and play a fun multiplayer session.

Too bad the single player is just "tacked on".   I hate when they do that.

Unless someone convinces me otherwise I'm passing and waiting for something else.  Too bad because I love mech-like games.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 14, 2006, 11:01:24 PM »

You can do the squad/tactical thing if you want.  Or you can just drop against bots, or you can do free for alls of varying types.

Pretty open to whatever catches your fancy really.  I personally can only take so much of doing the same thing and having no impact on the game world.  That's why I like the persistent war side of things.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: July 15, 2006, 12:06:01 AM »

The game needs more interesting game modes.

They also need more parts geared towards teamwork such as laser designators, artillery spotters, scout radars, etc...

On the whole, while I find the game fun, I also see just as many missed opportunities.

I'll be waiting for a price drop from this one, but I suspect I'll pickup Chromehounds 2 on release day.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: July 15, 2006, 12:58:57 AM »

Quote from: "Jarrodhk"
Gotcha... the key is that I suck  :lol:

Well, I can't do too much about that part. biggrin

EDIT: And wow, we won. So...we want to switch sides to the US and see what Hound designs they have to offer?

EDIT2: I guess that already happened. smile

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
MerianMoriarty
Gaming Trend Reader

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: July 15, 2006, 02:14:28 AM »

yeah, the AI is too easy to fight, compared to real people with real gear.

i don't remember if i mentioned this -- if you manage to mis-time things just right, you can end up all alone in the lobby for a long time, or with the whole squad dropping individual missions with staggered timing (which is nowhere near as fun as coordinating and dropping in groups).

ahhhh, i can't wait to get back to campus, so that i can play more often.

XBox Live Gamertag: M Moriarty

Currently Playing:
<360> eternal sonata/warriors orochi/PORTAL!/that-game-with-that-dude-in-the-spacesuit-and-all-those-alien-guys3
<XBox> ...
<PS2> ffxii (working on Yiazmat) (on indefinite hold)
<PSP> dead head
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 15, 2006, 03:54:20 AM »

The game looks to be a lot of fun, but they need to work out the server issues.  Getting dropped back to the lobby as we were nearing victory really sucked.  Repeatedly.

But the game looks like it has a lot of potential once they get that part worked out.  Thanks to all who helped me get up and running.  The mech builder isn't the easiest thing to work with and takes some getting used to.

MerianMoriarty
Gaming Trend Reader

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: July 15, 2006, 07:42:34 AM »

Quote from: "DonD"
The mech builder isn't the easiest thing to work with and takes some getting used to.

actually, considering a lack of mouse/keyboard, the garage is one of the best systems i've ever seen for construction and customization.  sure, it would be a much simpler system if it worked like the construction systems in the first three MechWarrior pc games, but that would require a mouse.  it's far more user friendly than, say, the gummi-ship garage in both kingdom hearts games (...i hated the gummi system...it was cumbersome and needlessly complicated, without having anything approaching a detailed explanation for its use).  for example, there are alarm lights across the top of the readout on the right-hand side of the screen during hound assembly that will alert you to things like insufficient energy, weight-limit violations, and unassigned weapons.  now, admittedly, i sat down for at least two hours before i felt i had a good grasp of the whole garage system, but that includes things like heat management, energy efficiency, and cosmetics (and none of those three is terribly important at first).

as a person who hates garage and customization systems in most console games, i have to admit that i'm pretty fond of this one.

XBox Live Gamertag: M Moriarty

Currently Playing:
<360> eternal sonata/warriors orochi/PORTAL!/that-game-with-that-dude-in-the-spacesuit-and-all-those-alien-guys3
<XBox> ...
<PS2> ffxii (working on Yiazmat) (on indefinite hold)
<PSP> dead head
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 15, 2006, 08:33:19 AM »

Playing in the garage is a game in itself.  Now that I've recovered financially from the sandstorm <shakes fist> I can buy more parts to play with again.

Thinking I'll put a tread hound together... also want to experiment some more with the hover chassis I have from morskoj (hmm.. I think I'm misspelling that).  Decent speed, decent load limit.  May try a pile based HQ killer for solo missions vs. the AI.

Destructor gave a couple of really nice object lessons in the effectiveness of the piles.  I expect to see them nerfed pretty quickly.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 15, 2006, 10:49:10 AM »

Quote from: "MerianMoriarty"
Quote from: "DonD"
The mech builder isn't the easiest thing to work with and takes some getting used to.

actually, considering a lack of mouse/keyboard, the garage is one of the best systems i've ever seen for construction and customization.

What I was trying to say, which I think didn't come out the right way was that there is a learning curve associated with mech building.  When I went to make my first hound, I really struggled.  There was no mech in the garage.  I didn't know I needed to load the assembly data to at least have something to work with.  And then when I was trying to add a couple more machine guns to the top, I just could not get them to stick.  I wanted to add armor, but couldn't figure out how.

That was at the beginning of the evening.

Arkon and company got me up and running though, and in between battles, I'd jump back into the garage and tweak my hound..and each time, I'd figure out just a little bit more.

By the time I was ready to quit for the night (3-4 hrs later -- with most of it NOT in the garage), I felt like I had a pretty good grasp of the mech builder.  I didn't figure out how to paint it with custom graphics. I saw the premade decals and was able to use those and I saw how to change the camo pattern/color, but I wanted to paint my number or tag on the hound somewhere -- I didn't see how to do that.

Agreed that the garage is a game in itself.  There is so much customization available -- and it's more than just eye candy.  I'm not sold on the hover base..it didn't seem much faster than the bases the other guys were using..except on the sand dunes map, where I felt like I was really zooming around (not to be confused with the sandstorm map we played early on).  And I guess if we play a map with water, I'll kick ass.

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 15, 2006, 11:39:05 AM »

I haven't spent much time with the hover yet.  From the little time I have spent I found it to be quick and responsive for dodging incoming fire.  I can definitely see the possibilities when water is on the map as well.  Talk about being able to dictate the range of engagements.

Now that I've gotten some more time in, I'm thinking about trying an assault rifle hound again.  I like the range and hitting power, but I love the ROF on the machine guns.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 15, 2006, 01:44:34 PM »

Jarrod, the hound you were using last night looked like one mean beast.  I mean..it looked like yours could eat mine for breakfast and then have room for dessert.

It's too bad there's no screen-capture utility on the 360.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: July 15, 2006, 02:31:25 PM »

Destructor gave a couple of really nice object lessons in the effectiveness of the piles.  I expect to see them nerfed pretty quickly.

Yeah, it's really sick as far as damage goes. The ones available on our side though really suck.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 15, 2006, 02:47:16 PM »

Yeah, it's really sick as far as damage goes. The ones available on our side though really suck.

The only problem with pikes is you need to get in close, and I heard their recharge rate is very slow.  I may try using them though.

On one mission last night I couldn't figure out which enemy base was the real one.  I thought they were supposed to have flags on them but for the life of me I circled all 3 possible sites a few times each and didn't see one.  We barely won it as I fragged what I assume was the last enemy and the mission complete screen came up.

A couple of missions after that I got the Humane Award, but it doesn't make sense. It's for ending 5 time w/o killing enemy, but I'm pretty sure I've always fragged at least 1 or 2 enemies each mission. Very odd.

I also need to find a wheeled chassis with a slightly larger load (around 4300). I've got my scout outfitted with 6 weapons (2 MG's, 2 Rockets and 2 cannons) and the weight goes just a bit above the load limit of the only wheeled base you can buy currently, so I have to go to a hover base and lose about 30 points of speed.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 15, 2006, 02:57:11 PM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"
On one mission last night I couldn't figure out which enemy base was the real one.  I thought they were supposed to have flags on them but for the life of me I circled all 3 possible sites a few times each and didn't see one.  We barely won it as I fragged what I assume was the last enemy and the mission complete screen came up.

The only enemy that counts is the enemy hound. There is always one in the level with you whether you're fighting the CPU or not. The difference is that it tends to make weird decisions as far as what to do. Sometimes it will sit and defend it's HQ and do absolutely nothing else, making it silly-easy for you to drive around the map capturing all the Combas towers and winning win the time limit is up. Sometimes it runs to your HQ, but 9 times out of 10 it doesn't have weaponry that can take out the HQ building in anything less than about 5 minutes of constant fire.

In one game I had a much better armed and heavily armored defender-style mech driving straight towards my HQ, so I raced around a hilll, and headed for what I assume from his direction of travel would be his. I don't know what weapons he had, but they were apparantly ill-suited for blowing up my HQ.

With my scout mech I have 3 bomb launchers (the type that drop 4 bombs each firing, so 12 bombs every time I fire that weapon group), and three machine guns on a wheeled chassis. I won a game last night by securing all the combas towers on the map and then proceeding to playing hide and seek with the enemy defender. It was hilarious watching his 400 meter + potshots miss over and over again, while I zipped around and past hitting him with bursts from my machine guns. It got even funnier once I'd damaged his tracks and he was moving about half speed.

Granted, to win that way you have to keep it up with no mistakes until the 15 minute mission timer is up, but it's worked well for me so far.

If I don't encounter the defending Hound, then I can take out the HQ building in under a minute by circling it with my machine guns and dropping bombs as they're ready. If I can find a wheeled chassis like you're talking about with a slightly higher weight limit I can get a fourth bomb launcher on there and make it go even faster smile

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: July 15, 2006, 04:18:22 PM »

The only problem with pikes is you need to get in close, and I heard their recharge rate is very slow.  I may try using them though.

Yes, they have about a 7 second recharge rate, which is why I made a Hound with 3 on each arm.

For the Mor-whatever side, they have a 2600 damage rating. Imagine 3 of them hitting your cockpit. Nearly guarenteed instant death.
I also need to find a wheeled chassis with a slightly larger load (around 4300). I've got my scout outfitted with 6 weapons (2 MG's, 2 Rockets and 2 cannons) and the weight goes just a bit above the load limit of the only wheeled base you can buy currently, so I have to go to a hover base and lose about 30 points of speed.

I have one, but my Hound is currently sitting on it (in anything that is a Soldier design, anyway). Mor-whatever had them up for sale when we were there.

Personally, I want to visit the Arabs (or Terrorists - what I'm gonna call the 3rd side from now on biggrin ) to see what they have.

Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 16, 2006, 12:02:36 AM »

okay i grabbed it - be ready for a squad request from Doopri (i hope there are still spots!!!)
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 16, 2006, 12:05:13 AM »

Hmm.... I've got 5 hours before I get to go to work again... I'm thinking it's time to order a pizza and play some chromehounds!

<sniffs> well... maybe take a shower first I suppose.

Then... then we shall blow up things...  preferably things that are not ourselves.  I mean that still looks cool, but, it's kind of expensive.

Or something.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 16, 2006, 12:10:49 AM »

http://www.sega.com/gamesite/chromehounds/leaderboard.php

Isn't our renown around 2000 or so?  We have a looong way to go.

It's cool to be able to see the map and how the war is going.

mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: July 16, 2006, 12:39:24 AM »

Okay, I finally rented it and after a half dozen of the single player missions I must say this game has tons of potential.  

I love the weapons sounds, effects, and explosions.  I love the look of the mechs themselves and the garage is just sick with possibilities.  I don't think I could ever figure that one out though.  No patience.

I hate the fact that what you destroy disappears instantly.  Would much rather roam back over the battlefield afterward and bask in the glory of my destruction.   But oh well, alot of developers cop out in that department, so forgiveable.   Lastly, I am disappointed in the overall landscape graphics.  For one, I feel trees popping up and looking like cheezy sprites is so last gen.  Just don't understand why they skimp on the little stuff.  It is that stuff that sets a game apart for me-the details.

I doubt I will ever go online as I have never, let me repeat, NEVER gone online and not had at least one idiot in the game or on the team that ruins the whole experience for me, so, I just gave up.  Two things I cannot stand, those who never shut up and those who won't work as a team, always seem to be in every match I have ever played.  

I can say this, I rented both Prey and this and I like this better.  Prey is too much semi dark Doom-esque passage crawling with monotous door and path puzzles.  I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick of door puzzles.  

If I was gonna buy one, it would definitely be Chromehounds, even if the single player is a tad weak.  The frenetic pace of battles is just awesome.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: July 16, 2006, 01:02:35 AM »

Somebody let me in the squad.
Gonna go beg now!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 16, 2006, 05:06:21 AM »

I gave it a rental to try out this crazy multiplayer stuff.  There are no words for how bad the single player is.  Well, it's not that it's really that the game is awful but the Scout missions, particularly the last one, had me ready to tear my hair out.  This really doesn't deserve a spoiler tag, but...

Spoiler for Hiden:
You're the absolute weakest hound in the game.  Here's a GIANT BLACK HOUND NAMED CARLOS BRISTLING WITH GUNS AND ARMOR to chase you all around the map!  Oh don't worry about us, we'll be taking out that water plant while you're gone.  Well, we would, that is, if our pathfinding didn't fuck up and leave us WALKING INTO EACH OTHER GOING NOWHERE while you get anally raped by Carlos's 50ft shaft of a sniper rifle.  Having fun yet?!

I also love how you get missions for the Defender, one of the slowest hounds possible, that send you all over the map.  Oh no, now they're attacking from that corner of the map!  Oh no, now the friggin' opposite corner!!  Head there now and take them out.  Why aren't you there yet Merc?!  

Anyway, is it really important for me to suffer through Heavy Gunner and Commander practice or should I just jump online with what I've got now?  I've just been using borrowed hounds for the time being.  The Hound editor thing frightens me.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: July 16, 2006, 05:13:11 AM »

Quote from: "kathode"
Anyway, is it really important for me to suffer through Heavy Gunner and Commander practice or should I just jump online with what I've got now.  I've just been using borrowed hounds for the time being.

All the missions do is give you cash and free weapons/whatnot. It's not really a requirement as long as you have the basic understanding of how the Hound classes work.

And if I remember right, the last Scout mission you're not supposed to actually kill the guy. Of course, nothing is stopping you from building your own Hound and doing so. biggrin

Stiffer - not sure why you can't get into the guild.

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 16, 2006, 05:14:08 AM »

No real penalty to going straight online.  You get some money to buy parts with, and it only takes a few missions to get a nice little nest egg built up.

Had fun playing with the squad tonight, wish I could have stayed longer, but work called.

Got my butt handed to me by a defender with shotguns... at like long range for them... each hit only did a little bit of damage, but, a little bit adds up on the cockpit.  I didn't want to close in and take the full damage from the shotguns.  In retrospect I should have closed and taken advantage of his slow rotation speed.  

Oh well, live (or blow up) and learn.

Thinking about swapping my anti-hound rockets out for a couple of rocket pods, or maybe some shotguns.  Maybe I'll switch to some assault rifles... I'd like a little more med-long range weapons.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: July 16, 2006, 05:30:19 AM »

I look forward to seeing some of the different weapons.  I take it these are unlocked as you progress throughout your online career?  Of course it might have something to do with my choice of a soldier mech.

I have access to three different light arms.  A shotgun, a short-range gun, and a longer-range gun.

I'm sure there is some strategy involved beyond "bolt 'em all on and let 'er rip."  I liked the rockets in the tutorial mission.

Do I have enough money to buy and equip another mech?  I think I have like 180k.  I think I would like to try a sniper model but don't want to blow my budget on something I can't afford to put together.  I can just tell that close-range isn't my preferred depth.

Sorry for sounding like such a n00b!

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: July 16, 2006, 05:34:36 AM »

Stiffler - just pop online and see what you can buy. You'll need to join a side first, but as long as that side has their capitol you'll be able to purchase a whole ton of parts. What's out there to buy is not based at all on how many kills you've gained online or anything, as far as I can tell.

That 180k will get you a few things. Just look at all the stats (hit Left Bumper if I remember right to cycle through everything) and get what you want. Soldiers tend to do well with the light attack weapons - Machine Guns, Shotguns, Assault Rifles, and the like.

Thinking about swapping my anti-hound rockets out for a couple of rocket pods, or maybe some shotguns.  Maybe I'll switch to some assault rifles... I'd like a little more med-long range weapons.

I always prefered the Assault Rifles over many guns. Excellent range (once you understand how gravity pulls on them over long range, you can hit at a far greater range than listed), pack a decent punch, and they reload rather quickly.

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: July 16, 2006, 05:38:48 AM »

Thanks, D.  That's what I did.  Scouted around and built up my "starter mech."  I was just wondering if I would gimp myself by wasting money on another mech so soon.  It looks like I have a good bit of cash to start so I might experiment with something different.  Then again I could probably use some extra armor.  That exaust port on the back looks rather vulnerable!

I like the way my soldier looks.  Except the shotgun on his head.  I also like the way I can actually link my guns however I want.  I was kinda worried about that, but it's all good.

Well I haven't played much of the game itself, but I am having a blast playing dress up with my mech! :lol:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: