http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 03:40:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Children of the Nile  (Read 1037 times)
Gwen
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2004, 11:38:41 PM »

Any City Builders here?

Heaven's Games forum is planning a "Children of the Nile" forum.  I am really looking forward to this game.  Caesar, Pharaoh, Zeus...that one from China I can't remember just now.

I think the release date is the first week in November.

We can't all be heros.  Some of us have to sit on the curb and clap as they pass by.
Charlatan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 11:58:34 PM »

I'm a city builder but that's all I can say. smile

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Sepiche
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 02:03:42 PM »

I wish I had been able to get in the beta for this one, but alas, I heard about it too late.  I'm definitely interested though, I have many fond memories of all the city builders, back to Caesar 1.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Grievous Angel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 02:56:11 PM »

Zeus is still one of my all-time favorite games. I got Emperor (the one in ancient China) for Christmas a couple years ago, and I never did get around to it, despite enjoying the demo. Maybe I should install that soon...

While I wish Tilted Mill had decided to take on Greece again rather than Egypt, I'm not going to complain too much. The screenshots looks beautiful and the whole walker issue has been eliminated. I'll wait on a few user reviews here and elsewhere before I buy it, but it's very high up on my wish list.

Owner, Port Royal Cutthroats, GGNL
Sepiche
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2004, 04:25:58 PM »

I thought Emperor was good.  It was a nicely refined version of Zeus.  Some of the building missions are crazy long, but that realy only harkens back to Pharoh, and those missions are still quite enjoyable IMHO.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: