http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 10:39:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cellphone/Mobile Games - what's good?  (Read 471 times)
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2006, 02:29:20 PM »

I just got a Razr and have been playing around with some cellphone games.  The ones I like:

Ancient Empires II: very cool - it's a turn-based fantasy strategy game. Think Heroes of Might & Magic but on a very small scale.  The AI seems challenging and the game does offer skirmish mode.  Highly recommended!

Prince of Persia Sands of Time: I never really got into the console or PC version of PoP but the mobile one plays as a fun little side-scroller.  I was worried about how hectic the gameplay would be on a keypad but it works very well.  Supposedly Warrior Within is as good or better.

Midnight Bowling: Pretty good.  It's your basic bowling game but does have unlockable challenges and a tournament mode I'm working my way through.

Games that I'm interested in trying out: Might & Magic (supposedly a very Diablo-like RPG), Doom RPG (just sounds too fun to be true) and Baldur's Gate.

Any cell/mobile games you particularly like or dislike?
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 03:50:35 PM »

I've really been enjoying the Doom RPG.  Nothing overly deep or complex, but it's good solid fun and very well done.  A ton of nostalgia for old-school gamers, but enought depth and 'fun factor' to satisfy anyone.  Plus, it's perfect for 10-15 minute sittings.  I just checked my game clock and noticed that I've put about 5 hours into it over the last couple months.   :shock:

FWIW, I'm actually enjoying it far more than the actual Doom 3 game.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 06:20:15 PM »

DoomRPG is a pretty neat timewaster - there are some really funny moments, too.

The 24 game is supposed to be great, as well.  I hope to get that soon.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 06:59:40 PM »

24 is okay.  I'm still in some training missions, so maybe it'll get better.  The missions are pretty short, which is nice.

DoomRPG is great, but I hit a wall with it and haven't gone back.

Might & Magic was a great game, too.  But don't go thinking it's a Diablo II clone.  It really isn't.  It's much more of a puzzle/strategy game than that, but don't let that sell it short, either.  It's a really cool mix of action/puzzle that is a load of fun to play.  Control takes some getting used to, though.

Baldur's Gate was fun enough for me to play through, but I really wanted to play Neverwinter Nights and they never released it on my phone (despite begging both Verizon and Jamdat [I think] and both passing the buck on who's holding it back).

The King Kong game was great and beautiful, but really, really short.  Rent it, if you can, 'cause you'll finish quickly.

Lord of the Rings Trilogy is as good as Kong, and a little longer.  One of the better mobile games I've played.  The levels are a little longer than I like for mobile play, though.

Massive Snowboarding was amazing.  Got a lot of play from me.  Almost finished it, too, but just couldn't complete a couple of challenges.

Marc Ecko's Getting Up is a suprisingly good and lengthy platformer.

New York Nights is a very good Sims-lite game.

I'm enjoying Ratchet & Clank a lot.  Quick to play levels, with good platforming.

Vijay Singh 3D is one of the best golf games I've played.  There's an RPG element to it that makes for addictive play, and it looks great.

I was expecting more from Call of Duty 2, though I have only played two levels.

Same story with Alone.

And I'm getting some nostalgia thrills from Dragon's Lair (but it's not for everyone).  

I get the most play from Skipping Stone (great graphics and simple, addictive play), Daily Puzzle, and Downtown Hold 'Em (which may not have the best AI or graphics, but for me is the fastest, no-nonsense hold 'em game.  I get into a rythm with it).

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: