http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 12:28:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: C&C 4........stupid  (Read 657 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2010, 09:21:01 AM »

I HATE it. I've played a lot of the game and it just struck me...it sucks. I have no plans to even finish it. I could care less about the ending from what I've read. I like Kane and want a new REAL C&C just like the old days. This was not even supposed to be a C&C game when it started. Horrible set up. No base building or anything. I wish I had not bought it. I can't believe that Joe Kucan had anything to do with this dreck. Shame on him. This game gave me a bad taste in my mouth. I need some mind bleach. Sucks. Horrible.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 10:56:39 AM »

I know you're already angry, but could you elaborate more?

I got a bad vibe when I saw stuff for C&C4. I'm just wondering exactly what they did wrong from someone who obviously liked the originals.

Overall, the series has been stagnating and losing so much of its original personality. I got into C&C with Red Alert 1 when my friend and I basically bought it at random. One flamethrower kill animation on infantry later and we were hooked through Red Alert 2. But it seemed to go downhill from there.
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 01:05:38 PM »

I have said for years now that C&C Generals, and expansion "Zero Hour" is the best C&C game ever made to date. It was the series High point before the HARD Nose dived.

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 07:44:04 PM »

I still think Red Alert 2 was the high point, with C&C3 a close second.

Generals wasn't a C&C game. It was a great fun RTS game, but it was not C&C. At all. They just slapped the title on it to sell more copies.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 11:25:24 PM »

I don't know much about C&C, but they seem to have left the hot chicks out of this edition. That must be why Daehawk doesn't like it slywink

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 11:38:45 PM »

C&C 4 was as bad as C&C 3 was good. They could have (and should have) just copied the C&C 3 formula and given us more units, more polish, more storyline, etc. Instead they made the mind-boggling decision to completely change the core gameplay, then wrap it in a dull, idiotic storyline that paled in comparison to previous entries in the series. It was a classic case of "if it ain't broke, we're gonna fix it!" I still don't understand the design decisions.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 12:47:22 AM »

I know you're already angry, but could you elaborate more?

It's just not a C&C game. I found out it started out as a totally different game and EA made them make it into C&C4. There is NO base building at all. You get one of three factory vehicles. Either offense, defense, or support. No matter which you choose all you can do is build a few units from it and move it around the map slowly. At most i think unit limit is like 8 things. Seems to be for me anyways. And if you build a bigger unit than say a soldier or buggy then it takes uo more slot room. It's all a little battle here...move across map...have a little battle...then while you are there the enemy respawns and takes back your first objective.

The cutscenes are the worst ever. Kane is the only one you'll know and he just isn't into it it seems. The rest all suck. Then the story. The story makes no sense at all. Besides having something to do with Tiberian. The rest is nothing C&C like at all. And from what I've heard of the way it ends no one was happy with that.

I wish they had not made it. I'm going to try to forget it. C&C 3 was a great game and so was Red Alert 3. I'll stick with those. I don't care for the Scrin stuff in C&C 3 either though come to think of it smile C&C 1 will always be the best.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
hispanicgamer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 01:25:37 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on July 31, 2010, 09:21:01 AM

I need some mind bleach. Sucks. Horrible.

That says enough for me. Sad to hear that they have sucked the life out of the game.

" I enjoy Jizz in my pants as well. " - Harkonis
tamsber8221
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 11:19:53 AM »

Yes it does suck. They've really destroyed the game.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 11:58:53 AM »

The one thing that had interested me was the co-op campaign mode, though reviewers didn't seem crazy about that aspect either.

Given SC2's crazy sales, maybe that'll inspire EA to go back to basics in C&C gameplay.

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 04:44:17 PM »

No surprise to me that 4 sucks, I expected as much since it wasn't finished before the mighty EA fiscal hatchet fell - C&C team being 1 of the victims. Just curious what C&C 3 people are referring to - C&C3 TW's or C&C RA3?
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2010, 10:57:27 AM »

I think when referring to C&C3, in general Tiberium Wars is meant. Red Alert really is a different series.

I agree that C&C3 was about the epitome of C&C gameplay. I only wished they would have done fewer movies, and more CGI-generated action scenes. I'm one of those guys who never tire of watching a nice CGI-sequence (like Freespace 2's intro, I watched that movie almost every time I booted that game)...
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2010, 11:35:58 AM »

I have read things here and there (including Kato here, and Tycho at Penny Arcade) where enjoying SC2 has inspired people to re-visit Relic's RTSs or other RTSs. I had wondered whether SC2's success would put a spotlight back on the RTS genre in general and "revive" it a bit, albeit indirectly and probably not intentionally.

So who knows? Maybe it'll inspire EA to go back to basics with a next C&C game. Then it'll be battling SC2's two upcoming followups for sales, but that's probably better than battling for sales in a PC gaming era where the RTS is about as popular -- in terms of sales -- as hard core flight sims and turn-based wargames are. I don't know if hitching to SC2's sales wagon is even possible (without the Blizzard nameplate on one's own game), but it may be interesting to see what happens in the RTS category the next couple of years.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 04:40:48 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2010, 12:03:27 PM »

If history has shown anything, people will try to make RTS games, but they'll usually be quick cash ins that usually don't measure up. WoW spawned a generation of new MMOs, few survive to this day.

I do think only the C&C series has the clout to draw a sort of tag along following from SC2, but the only problem is they've run the series into the ground.

Only a complete reboot could work, and pretty much copy the Wing Commander/Starcraft 2 style of between mission stuff. C&C has been trying to do some sort of interesting between mission stuff, but it's always taken a back seat.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: