http://gamingtrend.com
August 27, 2016, 01:07:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you buying this week? (12/22)  (Read 554 times)
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« on: December 21, 2015, 04:13:05 AM »

On the night before the night before the last release day before XMas, not a publisher was stirring, except for well, these guys. 

PS4
Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star
Infinitifactory
Minecraft: Story Mode Episode 4
The Treasures of Montezuma 4
Trine 3

XB1

PS3
Never Alone
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

Frizzy

Vita
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

PC

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 05:54:41 AM »

So... no XCOM2 this week, huh? Don't worry, I'll come by next week and ask again icon_lol

"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for each dollar spent. What I wonder is why everyone doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life" - Stephen King
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 06:00:59 AM »

Not buying anything, but hopefully opening up something beneath the tree.   icon_smile

Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 11:39:43 AM »

nada

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 01:35:21 PM »

As much as holiday pigeon dating appeals to me, I'm going to pass this week. Though who knows what damage the Steam sale will bring.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 01:42:27 PM »

Minecraft: Story Mode Episode 4 and The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel on PS3.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Bullwinkle

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 03:20:08 PM »

Someday Trine 3.

"The cause of death was asphyxiation, or smothering, in layman's terms."

"What does 'layman's terms' mean?"
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 03:26:18 PM »

This is Steam Sale week, so I imagine quite a bit.  icon_smile
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 07:20:30 PM »

On a lark I picked up Dungeon Lords - Steam Edition.

This is the action RPG from 2005 from the Wizardry guy. The game was bug ridden, incomplete, and pretty much unplayable upon release. It saw a few additional releases years later - a collectors edition that included bug fixes and then something called MMXXII which had some tweaks to the progression system and even more bug fixes.

I never played it but was always curious about it. So when I saw they put out yet another new version (based on the MMXXII release) for $13 I figured why not give it a whirl.

It's still buggy. A bunch of crashes in the first few minutes in to the game.

Those playable first few minutes were interesting though. Without moving more than a few feet I had a goblin come rushing towards me and attack. Then a thief came out of the woods and started fighting with me. Then a bat. Then a second bat. Then a group of three rats. It's like I had a beacon telling all the monsters in the area to rush me.

It looks like the new developer team is responsive as they apparently already provided a fix for the crash I'm having as well as a ton of bug fixes.

I'm strangely looking forward to playing the game bugs and all.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 07:44:57 PM »

So, is this also the Steam Holiday sale thread? Because with no flash sales and no daily sales, I'm tempted just to put off any decisions on what to buy till January 3rd.

"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for each dollar spent. What I wonder is why everyone doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life" - Stephen King
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 08:29:06 PM »

You mean like a sale haul thread? 

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 10:31:26 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on December 22, 2015, 07:44:57 PM

So, is this also the Steam Holiday sale thread? Because with no flash sales and no daily sales, I'm tempted just to put off any decisions on what to buy till January 3rd.

If the prices aren't going to change, why would you put them off at all?  Buy now AND by later.  slywink

Demons run when a good man goes to war.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2015, 11:29:40 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on December 22, 2015, 10:31:26 PM

Quote from: jztemple2 on December 22, 2015, 07:44:57 PM

If the prices aren't going to change, why would you put them off at all?  Buy now AND by later.  slywink

It's because I'm going to be leaving to visit in-laws for a few days. It will be tough enough dealing with that without having to think about the games I have waiting for me at home.

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2015, 11:57:00 PM »

The games are waiting for you when you get home either way.  The difference in buying them now is that they can download and patch while you're away, rather than wasting time after you return.

Some people say you can't buy peace of mind, but in this case you literally can.  Is that an opportunity you can afford to let pass you by?

-Autistic Angel
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2015, 01:30:38 AM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on December 22, 2015, 11:57:00 PM

The games are waiting for you when you get home either way.  The difference in buying them now is that they can download and patch while you're away, rather than wasting time after you return.

Some people say you can't buy peace of mind, but in this case you literally can.  Is that an opportunity you can afford to let pass you by?

-Autistic Angel

Sheesh, are you the guy who sold me that life insurance policy?  icon_wink

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2015, 07:52:17 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on December 22, 2015, 11:57:00 PM

-Autistic Angel

Can we get AA's handle changed to "Pusher" ?

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2015, 08:38:34 PM »

Was in the mood for some stealth gaming today, so I grabbed Dishonored Definitive Edition and Thief for PS4 today.

Remover of Inconvenient Obstacles
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: