http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 01:22:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: -cancelled- xbox360 for sale.  (Read 1629 times)
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: November 21, 2005, 08:58:26 PM »

A friend of mine at a local shop called me to let me know he has an extra Xbox360 premium.

If you want one, I need to hear about it ASAP. I'll check my PM later today (in ~2 hours) and I'll select who gets it (based on trust ... it *is* my money on the line). smile some 0 poster isn't likely to get it over someone who contributes. Hey, this is a favor I'm pulling, I want to make someone happy. if you don't like the chance of not getting it, your walmart rep ain't gonna cry in his milk over it so neither am I.

(god I sound like an ass).

Serious buyers only, I'm not collecting any profit. (I'll even send the reciept with the purchase). Buyer is responsible for shipping cost / insurance and cost at the till. I don't have to sit in any lines; this is my good deed for the year.

Please note that there are two games bundled with it, Live 06 (yuck) and Fifa 06.  There's no way out of that, it's how he has to sell it.

The only person I've seen looking for one is MSDUNCAN.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
warning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 09:12:58 PM »

Wow that is a kind offer Purge.  I wish I had the $$ to fork over.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 09:42:21 PM »

If it didn't have such asstastic games with it, I'd be all over that.

Awesome offer, though, Purge.  Major props to you.

Mike

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 10:40:05 PM »

If I didn't have a $50 gift card to hell-mart I'd be all over that.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 11:06:03 PM »

Note that I *am* getting my own; this isn't derailing me in any way from playing tomorrow.

Also, the bundle seems to be (as my friend hasn't finished building it yet)

1 Xbox360 platinum
1 FIFA Soccer 2006
1 NBA Live 2006
1 addn'l wireless controller.

The total sum would be in and around $780CAD ($660 USD) plus whatever shipping would be. (likely another 40US depending on time, company, etc...) (note that the price above includes the 14% tax I have to pay for it).

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 11:51:14 PM »

I too would take it if it wasn't for the games. Those happen to be 2 of my least wanted launch games. Very nice for you to offer, though.
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 04:08:34 AM »

Hey Purge, I sent you a PM. biggrin
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 04:35:55 AM »

I'm kinda pissed at my buddy right now.. apparently they're the only effen store who are trying to make profit on it. They're selling the unit more expensive than the MSRP. I think I may report them to their franchise company.

anyways, i've rec'd interest from Jimmy and MSDuncan. I'm waiting for a call so I can discuss it with (either) of them. ::sigh:: I'm gonna see if he'll drop the price to MSRP, or if whoever takes it wants to take the hit (it's not tooo much more, but it *is* insulting).

I've sent PMs to you both; you both have my number. call me, I don't mind if you wake me up. You've got 45 min, and then I'm dropping the order.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005, 04:52:23 AM »

My "buddy" is a dick. They're charging 580 CAD for the console and then forcing me to buy the two worst games. I'm not giving them business.

(it's 80 over the MSRP alone, plus another 140 for two weak games)

Sorry MSDuncan... Fish, I would have gotten it for you anyways, but he just pushed me so I hung up on him. This is what you get for trying to be nice. I'm not going there again. If you are going to get it, you are better off in a lineup.

One of my friends (Mikagami in this forum.. bit of a lurker) used to run the store, but he moved 6 months ago, and the guy who took over (who I referred to as my "buddy" puke ) is a freakin' ass-pirate.

Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2005, 06:09:43 AM »

Oh well. At least you tried. I give you credit for that at least.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2005, 12:03:39 PM »

I'm really sorry man...  I sent you a PM within five min of you dropping offline (as I sent it from the main page where it said you were still online).

If I had a guaranteed taker for that price I would have gotten it to you. Since I hadn't heard from anyone directly, I called him (to get a final cost as he finished "building" [read:gouging] the bundle). I wasn't prepared to risk sitting with a 360 at more than MSRP and two less-than-attractive games and be forced to try to sell them to recoup loss. frown If the games weren't forced or the system wasn't pre-jacked in price I would have been comfortable ebaying it should this deal fall through.

I also had someone local who was interested (given that the price was right) and only if you or Fish didn't want it. (that's what the 2hr limit for response was about).

I'm posting this rather than PM'ing it; I don't want you guys to think I'm an ass or waving a carrot that wasn't there.

I hope you guys get one at the right price with the right games. smile I still feel pretty pissed at the "buddy" .... who coincidentally will be ejected from my friends list on live later today. I've got no time for greedy people. If you want to yell at him, he's NIHILISM LIVE on XBL.  :twisted:

Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2005, 06:19:27 PM »

No problem Purge. It was cool that you even made the offer. Things still worked out for me. I got one this morning at Best Buy. WOO HOO!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: