http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 03:01:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you listen to the voice files in L4D from Valve?  (Read 571 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2009, 07:20:09 PM »

Is there a way to hear all the voice clips from Left for Dead? I'd like to hear them all. Theres some really funny stuff in there like Frances talking about Bill's beard coming to life and him going to shoot it.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 07:55:53 PM »

Found them. NM  kthxbye

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 08:15:01 PM »

Why is this a new thread and not simply posted in the existing threads for the game? There's nothing here of interest to the general readership of this forum, if I may be so bold.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 08:48:07 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on October 26, 2009, 08:15:01 PM

Why is this a new thread and not simply posted in the existing threads for the game? There's nothing here of interest to the general readership of this forum, if I may be so bold.

plus he could have simply deleted it since he solved it on his own.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 09:20:59 PM »

Sometimes folks like to know how a problem was solved and I left it in case someone asks. But if the mods would like to delete it Im all for it.

Good thing i solved it. No one seems helpful or courteous here today anyways.

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 09:22:47 PM »

yeah, I dont really get the issue? Its a thread, if you dont like it, ignore it... Its not like the forum is made for people who only have nobel prizes in writing and excell in making interesting posts...

A new one
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 09:23:43 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on October 26, 2009, 09:20:59 PM

Sometimes folks like to know how a problem was solved and I left it in case someone asks.

Yeah, that reminds me of another thing that annoys me with this thread. You present a problem, then immediately say that you have a solution without presenting that very item. It makes the thread even LESS interesting to most of us.

Please PLEASE make a habit of starting less threads and instead using the ones already present. Your initial post in this thread would have been welcome in a proper L4D thread.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 09:24:49 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on October 26, 2009, 09:22:47 PM

yeah, I dont really get the issue? Its a thread, if you dont like it, ignore it... Its not like the forum is made for people who only have nobel prizes in writing and excell in making interesting posts...

I wasn't saying anything about Daehawk's writing abilities. Just imagine what would happen if all of us started new threads when we had a question related to a game. The forum would become useless and cluttered.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 09:26:05 PM »

True, but most of us dont...its mostly Daehawk and the occasional guy who hasnt had his morning coffee yet (me for instance), so I dont see it as much of a problem :-)

Oh, but I do agree on the solution - would be nice to see actually

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 09:34:14 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on October 26, 2009, 09:20:59 PM

Good thing i solved it. No one seems helpful or courteous here today anyways.

sure we are, just not to you.  now if Razgon had asked it he'd gotten detailed step by step instructions and a massage.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 09:36:23 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 09:35:01 PM »

oh dear god, not the Step my Step instructions!!! my eyes, aaarrggghhh, my eyes!

A new one
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 10:20:31 PM »

Oh, but I do agree on the solution - would be nice to see actually

Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead\sound\player\survivor\voice

Though I had looked pretty good for it I could not find it. I like to post in here first because we are all gamers and you can 'usually' get a helpful reply pretty quickly. Then i realized i should check the web also. After a bit of searching I found an answer to another question which by chance led me to my own answer. I started to delete my thread but then remembered how when others had done so that people bitched about a thread being deleted and how the answer might have helped others. So i left the thread to see if asnyone would ask for an answer. Figuring if no one asked then i could delete it tomorrow. Unfortunately someone had to post a a remark to show how smart they are and I could no longer delete it. So then i had to post my reasons...which i should have known would not help in the least..

Besides L4D2 is all the rage now. Why look for an old out of date L4D1 thread that would not have a title anywhere resembling my problem when I could post a specific thread and get a specific answer? I've tried for the last few months to ignore the Daehawk abuse and continue to post what i like and not get into a argument about it. Today it just bugged me but I've done well I believe. I dont click on post from those that I dislike to a big degree and if i do I either post helpful things or refuse to post at all. I dont see how my thread hurt someone. This is a msg board. Without messages then the board would not exist and we would still be paying $1.99 a minute for tech support from gaming companies. Well after the 20 min wait, choosing english as a language, then getting "Pete' in India who reads from a  script and would like to know if everything he had suggested and we had tried before calling him was helpful.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 10:22:28 PM by Daehawk » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2009, 10:31:39 PM »

tl;dr

Because I can,
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 06:19:13 AM »

Why look for an old out of date L4D1 thread that would not have a title anywhere resembling my problem

Because that's what pretty much ANYONE else on this forum would do. Think about it.

Oh, and "Daehawk abuse"? Seriously? You can't tell that I'm actually trying to be as polite as I can about this issue? That I'm not attempting to insult you?

But sure, go ahead and be defensive. If you won't learn from feedback, I guess that's your choice. Don't be surprised if the "Daehawk abuse" continues then.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 06:21:34 AM by TiLT » Logged
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2009, 12:42:52 PM »

The only problem with this thread is it should probably been in hardware/software hell although it does logically fit here too.

TiLT, I'm generally the first guy to pounce on Daethreads when they are absurd, superfluous or obtuse, but tacking his question on to a 12+ page thread that only deals with the game in general doesn't seem to be reasonable ... for instance I avoid those threads since they're so far off the mark by page 8 that there is no point in checking them.

He was looking for info, and while I *WILL* point out that he could have done a search (and did) and that he could have shared the answer (which he eventually did), this thread, for me, was somewhat useful. (I'm thinking ringtones icon_twisted). Just because there was a thread on the game at one point doesn't invalidate creating a new thread when it is specific to an aspect... and as Dae pointed out, the game threads for it are old. What about all the LTTP threads? Sometimes a new thread breeds new discussion and triggers people to play the old stuff again.

Since it's Daehawk instead of anyone else he would have been called on thread necromancy rather than useless posts. We gotta cut him some slack sometime.

One last note - this post is not endorsed by management, and I'm not a forum mod so I'm not laying this down as rule. I just think that while calling a spade a spade is one thing, but we can't just pick on people - those posts are almost as useless as the thread we should have just ignored.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 12:44:35 PM by Purge » Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: