http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 12:12:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone point me to the Nintendo forum?  (Read 1639 times)
Canuck
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I live in Japan

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2006, 11:54:36 AM »

I'm assuming that there is one because there's basically one Wii-themed thread on the first page and that is in regards to selling one.  The Wii was just released a couple of days ago wasn't it?  No Zelda threads or anything?  Is it because everyone is so busy playing it?  Or is everyone just generally apathetic towards the Wii?  The oh so omniscient Bill from Dubious Quality has already declared the Wii the winner of the next generation console war.  He really ought to come check out this forum for a rebuke.

*edit* at second count there appears to be more than one Wii thread but none with great enthusiasm
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 11:58:17 AM by Canuck » Logged
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 12:32:49 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on November 24, 2006, 11:54:36 AM

I'm assuming that there is one because there's basically one Wii-themed thread on the first page and that is in regards to selling one.  The Wii was just released a couple of days ago wasn't it?  No Zelda threads or anything?  Is it because everyone is so busy playing it?  Or is everyone just generally apathetic towards the Wii?  The oh so omniscient Bill from Dubious Quality has already declared the Wii the winner of the next generation console war.  He really ought to come check out this forum for a rebuke.

*edit* at second count there appears to be more than one Wii thread but none with great enthusiasm

None with great enthusiasm? Do you want us all to be fawning over the machine? I thought my thread had plenty of enthusiasm for a month! I am actually happy that we all aren't just sitting here posting how great the system is. I think all the wii owners in the forum know that we all like it and prefer not to shove it down everyone's throats... We love our Wii's, check out the I am playing with my Wii thread. I mean it's Thanksgiving in the states so the board may not be as active as normal.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 12:44:12 PM »

I may eventually get one.  I work from 6am - 5pm usually so not like I can camp out at a store to get one even if I wanted one.  I looked around but everyone was sold out.  I like the price point, tho none of the launch games do much for me beyond Zelda.  If I didn't have a 360 I may have tried a bit harder to get one, but honestly I am content with the games I have available on the 360.  The Wii would purely be a secondary system that my wife and I could play together.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 01:17:42 PM »

Seriously, what in the world has been up your ass the last few days? You are seriously obsessed with the Wii to extend of absolutely bashing the other consoles, you are wondering why we don't have essentially an entire forums worth of posts for a console that is brand new and most people don't have...and you are trying to tell us that because Bill Harris, an internet blogger that has no more insight into the next-gen console wars than any of us declares the Wii the winner after ONE WEEK we should all wonder why we aren't talking about it more? Dude, get a grip.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 01:37:02 PM »

I personally found it very strange that there isn't a Zelda topic at the very least. I mean - this IS Zelda here. And there's quite a few people who bought a Wii. Did nobody get Zelda?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
warning

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 01:44:27 PM »

What's funny is it wasn't that long ago someone was referring to Gaming Trend as a bunch of Nintendo fanboys with no appreciation for other, more "adult" systems.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 01:49:09 PM »

Quote from: warning on November 24, 2006, 01:44:27 PM

What's funny is it wasn't that long ago someone was referring to Gaming Trend as a bunch of Nintendo fanboys with no appreciation for other, more "adult" systems.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Truth, every word. 

I'd LOVE to post on Zelda....if I could just get a damned Wii without taking a day off of work to stand in some assinine line to do it.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 01:49:27 PM »

http://forums.nintendo.com/

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 02:06:00 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on November 24, 2006, 01:49:27 PM

ROFLcopter.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2006, 02:43:23 PM »

I personally found it very strange that there isn't a Zelda topic at the very least. I mean - this IS Zelda here. And there's quite a few people who bought a Wii. Did nobody get Zelda?

I have Zelda, but I'm waiting until I receive my component video cables to spend any time with it.  According to Nintendo's online store, the order I placed on 11/19/06 "will be shipped in the next couple business days," so perhaps I'll receive them next week.   In the meantime, I've been playing some Trauma Center and Wii Sports when I have the chance.

-Autistic Angel
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2006, 02:50:03 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on November 24, 2006, 01:17:42 PM

Seriously, what in the world has been up your ass the last few days? You are seriously obsessed with the Wii to extend of absolutely bashing the other consoles, you are wondering why we don't have essentially an entire forums worth of posts for a console that is brand new and most people don't have...and you are trying to tell us that because Bill Harris, an internet blogger that has no more insight into the next-gen console wars than any of us declares the Wii the winner after ONE WEEK we should all wonder why we aren't talking about it more? Dude, get a grip.

Are you referring to me?  For one thing I haven't been bashing any consoles lately and secondly I've been in Kyoto for the past 4 days so I haven't even been posting lately.  I just found it strange that there are more threads right now for a console that was released a year ago then there are for a console that was released 4 days ago.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 02:51:45 PM by Canuck » Logged
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2006, 02:50:21 PM »

I'm too busy playing it to type much about it.  icon_biggrin

Actually, I gushed over it in one of the threads.  Might have been the launch thread.  Basically, all the gushing was kept in that thread as there wasn't much need for multiple threads about it.  The people who bought it seem to like it, there are some who couldn't get one and want it, and there are those who will continue to say it is the worst idea since...well, whatever was a really bad idea, despite having never played it.  Hmmm...sounds kind of like the PS3 thread, except the numbers for the three examples are skewed differently.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2006, 02:51:50 PM »

I just found it strange that there are more threads right now for a console that was released a year ago then there are for a console that was released 4 days ago.

Maybe becuase people can actually go to a store and buy one?  icon_wink

I've got a Wii, I've got Zelda, I've got Madden, I've got nothing to say.

I will, however, echo AA:I hate the fact that Nintendo forces us to wait a month for component cables The eff'n original xbox was in HD why must Nintendo feel the need to flex their muscles by further crippling the visuals of a system that will already lack visuals when compared to the competition. At least we don't need to wait for the optical audio cables to come out!!

I like the system and the controls but this pisses me off to no end!!  icon_evil

I know, I know, NIMM!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 02:53:22 PM by Devil » Logged

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2006, 03:15:16 PM »

I, too, was initially surprised by no Zelda threads but chalked it up to a couple of reasons:

a) A lot of people waited to play until the initial ADD-fueld frenzy of hooking up a new system and trying out all of the games  passed.  Which means that it could be several before someone really sat down and decided to focus on Zelda.

b) Fear of spoilers.  For me, personaly, I don't really want to read anything more about the game than I already know, and even the light information that usually passes in an impressions thread might be more than I want to know at this stage. From reviews,  I know that it's reviewed very well, it's incredibly long, and that Wii controls sound really good.  Quite frankly, I don't really want to know more than that before or while playing it.

c) It's Zelda.  Most people at this point know whether they like it or not.  It's doubtful that TP will offer anything to those who didn't like previous entries, so not much need for some of the "hey, is this game worth my $50" talk you normally see in impressions threads. 
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2006, 03:18:57 PM »

DING DING DING!  We have a winnah!

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2006, 03:35:57 PM »

No Wii for me until the LAN orWiFi adapter and Component cables are available at the store I buy it at.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2006, 03:59:07 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 24, 2006, 03:35:57 PM

No Wii for me until the LAN orWiFi adapter and Component cables are available at the store I buy it at.

Someone know if the DS-aimed dongle (tee hee, dongle) would work for the Wii as well?

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2006, 04:08:07 PM »

Quote from: Devil on November 24, 2006, 02:51:50 PM

I know, I know, NIMM!

Oooooh...an acronym.  I likey.

JCC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2006, 04:10:04 PM »

Quote from: Dafones on November 24, 2006, 03:59:07 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on November 24, 2006, 03:35:57 PM

Someone know if the DS-aimed dongle (tee hee, dongle) would work for the Wii as well?

According to Nintendo it does. Look here.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2006, 04:12:00 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 24, 2006, 03:15:16 PM

I, too, was initially surprised by no Zelda threads but chalked it up to a couple of reasons:

a) A lot of people waited to play until the initial ADD-fueld frenzy of hooking up a new system and trying out all of the games  passed.  Which means that it could be several before someone really sat down and decided to focus on Zelda.

b) Fear of spoilers.  For me, personaly, I don't really want to read anything more about the game than I already know, and even the light information that usually passes in an impressions thread might be more than I want to know at this stage. From reviews,  I know that it's reviewed very well, it's incredibly long, and that Wii controls sound really good.  Quite frankly, I don't really want to know more than that before or while playing it.

c) It's Zelda.  Most people at this point know whether they like it or not.  It's doubtful that TP will offer anything to those who didn't like previous entries, so not much need for some of the "hey, is this game worth my $50" talk you normally see in impressions threads. 

I am in love with Twilight Princess.  I like your reasons, especially, c.  I think we all know the game has reviewed well.  I don't feel the need to talk about it much, due to not wanting to possibly spoil it for anyone.  That said, the game rocks.  If you like the Zelda series, this, to me, is the best entry in the series so far (keep in mind I just finished the second dungeon, so it could fall on its ass later).   I have done some very cool things in the game, none of which I will spoil, and even things like the cut scenes are done better than in any Zelda game previously.

Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2006, 04:14:57 PM »

I think someone needs a valium, or a time out on the steps. I would love to see Calvin post some links to Canuck posts bashing other systems and being a tard on the boards.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2006, 04:23:38 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on November 24, 2006, 02:43:23 PM

I have Zelda, but I'm waiting until I receive my component video cables to spend any time with it.  According to Nintendo's online store, the order I placed on 11/19/06 "will be shipped in the next couple business days," so perhaps I'll receive them next week.   In the meantime, I've been playing some Trauma Center and Wii Sports when I have the chance.

I'm with Autistic Angel.  I'm waiting for my component cables as well.  I haven't even put in Zelda yet.  I want to wait till I have the best picture possible.  I've been running around checking Best Buy's for the $24.95 React component cables.  Still not available.  I have not ordered from Nintendo.  I'm not paying $29.99 + shipping + tax.

In the meantime, I'm playing Wii Sports, Super Monkey Ball & Madden.  And loving them!!!

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2006, 05:24:23 PM »

To change the subject a bit...

Shifty - What are your thoughts on Madden? I like the new controls but I don't see that I could ever get used to them. They are almost counter-intuitive from many years of playing other Maddens.

Maybe we can move this to the sports forum if anyeon else cares.  icon_biggrin

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
warning

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2006, 05:56:20 PM »

Quote from: Tebunker on November 24, 2006, 04:14:57 PM

I think someone needs a valium, or a time out on the steps. I would love to see Calvin post some links to Canuck posts bashing other systems and being a tard on the boards.

I think what we're seeing is...

Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2006, 11:53:16 PM »

Quote from: Devil on November 24, 2006, 02:51:50 PM

I just found it strange that there are more threads right now for a console that was released a year ago then there are for a console that was released 4 days ago.

Fair enough, but then how do you explain the plethora of PS3 threads?  I'm sure there are more Wii owners on this board then there are PS3 owners.  I just found it odd as hell that the Wii seemed to be MIA from the boards.  Anyway that was yesterday-perhaps today is a different story.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 12:46:34 AM »

Quote from: Tebunker on November 24, 2006, 04:14:57 PM

The PS3 launch thread, the thread where the Gamespot guys were getting bashed for playing Wii Sports on the couch and Canuck flipped out telling us real life bowling was the same as Wii sports bowling, etc. I might have overreacted a tad or even as much as a BIT, but he has definitely been on a Wii crusade lately.

And you know, time outs and valium are needed all around--I will go enjoy one on the steps and you go enjoy one while you play with your super-Wii.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 01:21:30 AM »

I'm not even sure what you're accusing me of here.  Are you saying I'm anti-Wii? I'm pro-Wii??  I don't even have a Wii (or an Xbox 360 or a PS3) so I'm certainly not going to play any of them.  I have no idea what I said in the PS3 thread but as for the other thread, I was commenting about the fat jackasses who play bowling while sitting down and not about the wii itself.  You're obviously in need of some kind of medication and I don't think it's valium.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 01:54:02 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on November 25, 2006, 01:21:30 AM

I'm not even sure what you're accusing me of here.  Are you saying I'm anti-Wii? I'm pro-Wii??  I don't even have a Wii (or an Xbox 360 or a PS3) so I'm certainly not going to play any of them.  I have no idea what I said in the PS3 thread but as for the other thread, I was commenting about the fat jackasses who play bowling while sitting down and not about the wii itself.  You're obviously in need of some kind of medication and I don't think it's valium.

Dude, I don't care what consoles you have or don't have. You flipped out about the guys not playing the Wii standing up in that thread, and went on a tangent that basically made you sound tremendously obtuse for the sake of trying to prove your point. I said nothing about "medication" to you, I was responding to Tebunker's comment (and I know him well)-so why don't you lighten up or just straight up piss off if you are going to tell me I need medication.

Oh, and really-how muscular, well built, socially adept, and superior to the "fat fucks" at Gamespot are you? You are posting on a gaming forum on the internet getting needlessly irate because some reviewers wanted to play a game sitting down. Really...think about that for a minute.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 02:03:19 AM »

To address the topic at hand:  If you want to see a thread discussing a specific Wii game, all you have to do is start it!  icon_smile

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: