http://gamingtrend.com
April 25, 2014, 04:16:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: can someone explain all this?  (Read 854 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2007, 12:27:56 PM »

ok,i have just been reading a page on IGN,about comparisons with the 360 and ps3....which to tell you the truth,is all greek to me

but halfway down this page they have a graph showing a big lead for the 360 on the bandwidth

does anyone know what this means?...does it basically mean the ps3 is gonna suck online?...i heard it was okay,and you could have 40 people online at one time

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p3.html

thats the link anyway,there another 2 pages before this page,if anyone is interested in all the jargon

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
javahead

Coffee is Murder!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 12:55:15 PM »

They're talking about Memory bandwidth, and not online performance. According to the report, the XBox has a more powerful architecture which one hopes leads to better eye candy.

Jesters Do It Till Ya Smile!
          \|/ ____ \|/
        ~@_/ Oo \_@~
          /_( \__/ )_\
             \__U_/
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 01:16:53 PM »

Too bad its architecture didn't get tested more throughly. My Xbox360 is flashing the famous 3 red lights and locking up now. This will be the second one to die on me. If it isn't covered under the new warranty I'm up shitcreek for awhile. My entertainment room is nice and cool and the powerbrick is not on the carpet nor is it not ventilated well where it sits.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 01:27:50 PM »

It's sad that every, and I mean EVERY, time I play my 360 I wonder in the back of my mind of THIS will be when it dies.  But being on my second and even it is making unusual sounds now, how can you not worry 'bout that.  Just pitiful.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 01:57:33 PM »

Quote from: mikeg on January 07, 2007, 01:27:50 PM

It's sad that every, and I mean EVERY, time I play my 360 I wonder in the back of my mind of THIS will be when it dies.  But being on my second and even it is making unusual sounds now, how can you not worry 'bout that.  Just pitiful.

Yeah, it's amazing how long my second one lasted. I've never been paranoid about a console failing since in all my years of gaming never had one fail on me before the X360. I love the machine, and I love the games I've played thus far, but I question its reliablity over the long haul. I'm going to call MS tomorrow about this and if they won't cover it then I'll just wait until V2 is released. I'm not dropping the cash on this current build again because I just think it'll fail again.

Kick ass console. Poor reliability.

The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 03:23:25 PM »

Well I have two 360s, one was originally a launch 360 and the other I bought last January.  I purchased warranties on both of them.  They both performed flawlessly until September when my launch system locked up and never would work again.  I got a replacement, but then 4 days later my second one suffered the same fate.  While playing a game, it froze up and got the 3 red lights and no game would ever work again.  I got that one replaced and thought all was well, but then in November, the first replacement I got did the EXACT same thing and I had to get it replaced. 

Quote from: mikeg on January 07, 2007, 01:27:50 PM

It's sad, but this is exactly how I feel as well.  To see how fragile these systems are really makes me throw caution to the wind.  Microsoft can say what they want, but this system does experience an unusual high rate of failure...that's evident just by Microsoft extending the warranty to one year.

I really do think if they continue to break so easily, that it will really hurt them in the race to be the #1 console.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 04:16:10 PM »

I'm sure the newer systems (end of 06) are more reliable. I had two systems fail on me - the first one being an april 06 that ended up scratching my discs, and another june 06 that got the red lights of death. I was able to exchange that second on in store since I got the red lights within the first 30 days of using it.

Now I'm without a 360 (or any console for that matter) but am thinking about getting another one next pay check.. Definitely agree with that though, it sucks having to worry if you're system is going to die at any moment and hearing the countless reports from other people doesn't help at all.

Planning on getting my next (and hopefully final) one when the "version 2" ones come out.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 07:37:40 PM »

Quote from: The_Man on January 07, 2007, 03:23:25 PM

I really do think if they continue to break so easily, that it will really hurt them in the race to be the #1 console.

While it's a bad thing on the buyer side of things, it will jack up the number of consoles sold (just like the PS2) in the end.  paranoid icon_biggrin

But I do agree with others here - I worry if my console will survive the day when I play it. It's not a well-built system, IMHO.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 07:49:51 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on January 07, 2007, 07:37:40 PM

Quote from: The_Man on January 07, 2007, 03:23:25 PM

While it's a bad thing on the buyer side of things, it will jack up the number of consoles sold (just like the PS2) in the end.  paranoid icon_biggrin

But I do agree with others here - I worry if my console will survive the day when I play it. It's not a well-built system, IMHO.

+1000

Hopefully V.2 will be a bit more robust.

Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 11:15:01 PM »

It would be silly to buy a 360 right now when the re-engineered version will be out in a matter of months.  Just wait, I have a feeling the first gen hardware for the 360 will be as good as useless when the new one comes out, and hard as hell to sell due to reliability issues.

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
bluntman72
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 05:40:59 PM »

well I have had two systems one I bought on launch day and sold later to a friend and the other I bought the day Gears of War came out. I bought the EBGames replacement plan with both so I dont have to get a refurb one from Microsoft but neither has given me any troubles and my friend still has my launch one with no issues and I played long hours with oblivion and other games.

If they do come out with a version 2 and it is allot better I will sell my version one and upgrade to the version 2, but I have to see when they do it and how much it costs.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 05:43:56 PM by bluntman72 » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 07:22:44 PM »

i had my disc tray fuck up on me back in september..but no 3 red lights,i got it back in a weeks time,and its been fine since

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 07:35:32 PM »

Well I think it sucks to put out hardware that has the massive reliability issues that 360 does.    As an early adopter, I shouldn't be penalized worrying that my old machine is going to break causing me 100's in repairs while new adopters get these shiney new reliable machines.

If my 360 breaks, I won't purchase another one and reward MS for this.  I'll stick completely with my PS3.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: