http://gamingtrend.com
October 26, 2014, 07:52:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't copy Super Smash Bros Brawl data to SD card!  (Read 3985 times)
Goonch
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2008, 12:16:18 AM »

My son wants me to copy his SSBB game data to the sd card.  He wants a backup of all his unlocked characters. However, I can't get the copy function to work for the SSBB data. I am able to copy every other game file except this one. What gives? Any ideas?
kadnod
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 02:10:23 AM »

Can't be done, as far as I know.  I tried it a week or so ago, because I wanted to play with all the characters I unlocked at a friend's house.  I got an error message every time I tried.  I eventually flipped through the manual and I believe it specifically states that you can't load a memory card with game save data.  You can save things like user created maps and screenshots, though. You have to do it in the game, not from your Wii's memory management page. 

Why this is implemented this way, I have no idea. 

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 02:50:26 AM »

They don't want you to just grab a version from the web that has everything unlocked, I think.

Yes, it doesn't make much sense, but that's how it works.

Just take the Wii with you if you want to use all the unlocked characters. It's an ugly workaround, but it'll work.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Goonch
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 01:51:00 PM »

Thanks for the info.

That is really silly on Nintendo's part. My son just wants a backup just in case the console goes kaput. He spent alot of time unlocking certain characters.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: