http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 04:04:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Call of Duty:Modern Warfare 3  (Read 23617 times)
jztemple2
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: April 13, 2012, 01:42:14 AM »

Quote from: JayDee on April 13, 2012, 01:33:05 AM

Are the new maps much better than the ones that shipped with the game? I hated the orginal maps, they were too maze-y.

I don't think they are "better''. I'm happy that neither are sniper maps, or at least they haven't seen many snipers on the map, except on "Monastery" where snipers will pick you off if you try to run across the bridge.

Otherwise they are pretty much like all the previous maps. Maze-y indeed.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 13, 2012, 01:35:08 PM »

I think it sucks that in order to play the new maps, you have to log into elite and they are just the new maps, not mixed in with the old maps.
(On the PS3)

I would like them all blended together.  I think I like black ops better because of it.   
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 13, 2012, 02:29:12 PM »

don't the new maps blend in with the others after a week or two?

And i have never had to sign in to elite(360) after i made the account and linked it to my gamertag when i made it last November(the elite account that is,not the gamertag)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 13, 2012, 03:18:37 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 13, 2012, 02:29:12 PM

don't the new maps blend in with the others after a week or two?

There are no new maps blended on the ps3.  They are all under elite.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 13, 2012, 03:42:37 PM »

actually i am not even sure how long PS3 have had their new maps for,as i know they are behind 360 players with the map packs

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 14, 2012, 12:45:12 AM »

I find the new maps much 'better'

They just seem better designed from balance, art, everything
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 14, 2012, 12:54:42 AM »

I finally gave up in this game. Everytime my buddies wanted to play mp shooter fun. Either one of us decided to play bf3 instead. I'm thinking after 10 cod games ( or whatever amount) I'm just burnt out on the run, shoot, die formula. Now, cod vita has me interested! Btw, mw3 has a 35 dollar value in trade in at GameStop. That was a surprise!  eek
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: May 09, 2012, 05:56:28 PM »

New Game mode and new maps this month

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3's second DLC collection, due out later this month, includes a new multiplayer mode called Face-Off, developer Infinity Ward has announced.

It's a one-on-one or two-on-two deathmatch mode featuring four brand new maps custom built for more intimate combat.

The first two stages will be available for free to all Xbox 360 players from 15th May, with a PC and PlayStation 3 roll-out to follow. Aground is set on a shipwreck off the coast of Scotland, while Erosion sees you running around Roman ruins in Italy while Mount Vesuvius erupts in the background.

Two more maps will then follow on 22nd May
(again, it's a timed Xbox 360 exclusive) as part of the main DLC Collection 2 release. Getaway plays out in a beachside mansion in Brazil, while Lookout is set in a forward observation post in Afghanistan.

PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: May 10, 2012, 04:34:23 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on April 14, 2012, 12:54:42 AM

I finally gave up in this game. Everytime my buddies wanted to play mp shooter fun. Either one of us decided to play bf3 instead. I'm thinking after 10 cod games ( or whatever amount) I'm just burnt out on the run, shoot, die formula. Now, cod vita has me interested! Btw, mw3 has a 35 dollar value in trade in at GameStop. That was a surprise!  eek

I tried to revisit MP last night and learned that I've since grown tired of the gameplay.  At least when playing alone.  But, I still gain enjoyment from playing with friends, although probably due to the socializing rather than the game itself.  Even with two other teammates the game can play entirely differently.

A buddy and I have plans to play tonight around 5:30 MST (8:30pm Eastern) in case anyone is interested in playing with a group.  Primarily because it's the only MP game we both have in common (he doesn't have Gears 3 and I don't have BF3). 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: May 15, 2012, 01:22:50 PM »

the new DLC is up now for those who can/want to grab it

free to public -Erosion/Aground-157mb(Face Off Maps)
Elite Drop 12:Getaway/Lookout-138mb(Face Off Maps)
Elite Drop 11:Iron Clad-17mb(Spec Ops Mission)
Elite Drop 10:Kill Switch-146mb(Spec Ops mission)
Elite Drop 9:Oasis-95mb(Multiplayer Map)

555mb altogether

and this time i don't have to pull out of the game for the downloads to actually start downloading,it does it as soon as you confirm download now,which was a bit of a pain previously

EDIT:for some reason my download stopped at 12% and now i have to start it from the dashboard again...annoying
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 01:31:48 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: June 19, 2012, 01:13:22 PM »

The new DLC is out today for Elite peeps

can't say i am interested,i only like MP maps,and this month we get 3 face off maps and 1 spec ops

-Artic Region:Spec Ops Mission
-Vortex:Face Off Map
-U-Turn:Face Off Map
-Intersection:Face Off Map

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: July 03, 2012, 05:07:05 PM »

Modern Warfare 2 map 'Terminal' coming to Modern Warfare 3 as (expected)free download

CVG

Executive producer Mark Rubin said on Twitter (via MP1st): "Yup. Terminal coming soon. smile

"I'm going to be announcing the date for Terminal this week," he added yesterday.

Terminal is expected to be released free of charge for all users, and to launch on Xbox 360 a month before it hits other platforms.

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: July 03, 2012, 08:02:24 PM »

They initially had the first two DLC packages up on Major Nelson's blog for 50% off (600MS) for this coming week (06/03), but they took them down. I was actually thinking I'd pick up the second but not now apparently.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: July 06, 2012, 08:43:43 AM »

Terminal will be with Elite Subscribers on the 17th July,while everyone else will be able to get it the next day

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: July 06, 2012, 11:54:05 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on July 06, 2012, 08:43:43 AM

Terminal will be with Elite Subscribers on the 17th July,while everyone else will be able to get it the next day
Strange they would pick that map of all of them. Too bad there's no One Man Army and Thumpers in this game... Usually had to bust out the 'tubes during that map as someone would inevitably start at some point.  icon_lol

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: July 13, 2012, 01:59:26 PM »

New Elite stuff next week
CVG

Here are the details for next week's Xbox 360 content:

Elite Drop 16: Decommission
A graveyard of rotting [or add decommissioned here] ocean liners has not only given birth to a shantytown of locals, but a mid-sized Multiplayer Map populated in chokepoints; providing the perfect setting for shoreline-based combat.

Elite Drop 17: Offshore
Trapped on an oil rig in the middle of the ocean, you have nowhere to go but directly at your enemies in this new Multiplayer map boasting helipads, cranes, and countless perches for snipers eager to pick off the competition. Did we mention to look down or else you may fall off?

Elite Drop 18: Vertigo
The luxurious "Oasis" hotel in Dubai hosts the latest Special Ops mission, in which players must use laser-guided RPG's to dispatch waves of helicopters. Utilize rooftop advantage to defend from waves of enemies, before parachuting to a ground-level exfil point.

Terminal
After weeks of anticipation, Terminal arrives to MW3! A fan-favorite from Modern Warfare 2, this Russian airport map is sure to be a hit with old and new fans alike.

July 17th will see all of the above on Xbox 360

while July 19th has last months 360 Elite stuff hit PS3

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: July 18, 2012, 03:09:49 PM »

quite interesting maps Offshore and Decommission,they both have a lot of ins and outs,and Kill confirmed is quite the game on these maps

Terminal on the other hand that i also played last night/this morning,i remembered while playing that it seems to be who ever has the top half of the map(above the escalators and across)that seem to absolutely own the other team,not really a great map if i was to be honest

I would like to see more up to date COD1 and 2 maps to be honest like they did with Carentan/Chinatown.

Overall though,i am definitely losing interest in Call of Duty as a whole this is the first time i have touched the game for a few months,still unsure whether i will get BO2,but i have said that before about COD icon_confused

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 02, 2012, 07:48:45 PM »

The Final Content for Modern Warfare 3

Activision will soon be wrapping up the DLC for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, with the publisher today revealing details on the final two collections of content, as well as release dates for the map packs, which also add the new Chaos Mode to Spec Ops multiplayer.

Modern Warfare 3 Collection #3: Chaos will be coming next week on August 9th, adding the aforementioned Chaos Mode, which tasks you with surviving against increasingly taxing waves of enemies while scoring multipliers by chaining together kills and collecting power-ups. You'll be able to play Chaos Mode on fan-favourite multiplayer maps 'Resistance', 'Village', 'Underground' and 'Dome'.

The so-called 'Chaos Pack' will also include three new Face Off maps - 'Vortex', 'U-Turn' and 'Intersection' - and four new Spec Ops missions, namely 'Vertigo', 'Arctic Recon', 'Light 'Em Up' and 'Special Delivery'.

MW3 Collection #4: Final Assault will then be the final DLC pack for Modern Warfare 3 arriving on September 6th. It'll feature five new multiplayer maps, including an abandoned mining town called 'Gulch', a network of "deadly" oilrigs called 'Offshore', a rusting labyrinth of ocean liners called 'Decommission' (pictured), a war-torn New Orleans entitled 'Parish' and a beach setting on the Jersey shoreline sets the scene for the 'Boardwalk' map.

Both MW3 Collections #3 and #4 will cost 1200 Microsoft Points apiece, with each of the maps, Spec Ops missions and new Chaos Mode to be made available to Elite subscribers separately prior to the release of each Content Collection.

and that's it

do you think the Elite subscription has been worth it?

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 23, 2012, 01:01:50 PM »

Finally a single player demo of this has just appeared on XBL,just in time for release...which was some 9 months ago  Tongue

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 23, 2012, 02:41:26 PM »

I like the Elite sub in the sense that it would prompt me to actually play the game for a bit as each map pack was released.  I'm not much of a MP guy, but I definitely played more with MW3.

What I don't like is that it's made these yearly subscriptions SOP.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #820 on: September 05, 2012, 07:48:12 PM »

well the new maps are out,i think Gulch is probably the most interesting but i can't say i am impressed really with any

Parish i thought at first was good until i realised that the map is quite tiny and that means the enemy spawns right near you
Broadwalk is better,quite a few shops and bars to enter

Gulch was quite big but they have a lot of rock formation so you are in a kind of maze in the centre,always gettin shot in the back,lots of blind corners

i have been happy with the amount of DLC with the elite subscription(as that is it now,that was the last of it),but overall i find the maps very uninteresting-all of them,even the ones that were not DLC  icon_frown

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #821 on: September 06, 2012, 04:09:28 PM »

So for some reason I'm playing this again, and enjoying it. I'm somehow able to keep all of the nonsense from bothering me this time around, and I'm having a lot of fun and playing pretty well. If anyone is still playing on the 360 and you see me online (msteelers there as well) send me an invite. I don't have any of the new maps though.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #822 on: September 07, 2012, 08:40:50 AM »

if anyone has been having the same problem i have been having the past few days where even though you are an Elite member and the maps need to be downloaded again,so you download them again and they still say they need to be downloaded...apparently this works(I dunno,i just turned the game back on the next day after quitting in frustration over this the night before and it was okay)

Infinity Ward Twitter

Temp fix for DLC issue on X360 Go to Settings>System Settings>Storage>HDD> Games & Apps>MW3. DEL one of the 56 KB files pic.twitter.com/dBqEjEPp

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: