http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 12:23:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Call of Duty:Modern Warfare 3  (Read 24667 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #600 on: November 16, 2011, 02:44:54 PM »

I'm not sure what's different about this game, but I'm not enjoying the MP at all.

PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 16, 2011, 02:53:45 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 16, 2011, 02:44:54 PM

I'm not sure what's different about this game, but I'm not enjoying the MP at all.

It took me a bit longer to get into MP than in past COD games, but while I wouldn't say I like it more than Black Ops just yet (enjoyed Black Ops more than any prior COD MP experience), I really appreciate the weapon leveling system, the new strike package options (primarily the support strike package), and the modified scoring system.  While I may not lead the lobby in kills, I often place in the top two or three in points because of my support of the team (namely the remote helicopter). 

The more time I spend with the game the more I enjoy it, and it has already more or less replaced Black Ops as my MP go-to.  But it is certainly different, and in my opinion in a good way.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 16, 2011, 03:05:23 PM »

Those are some good points, Pedro. I'm used to being a hunter killer and close to the top in kills, but maybe that won't be my role this time around.

I'll give that support copter a go too.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 16, 2011, 03:11:23 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 16, 2011, 03:05:23 PM

Those are some good points, Pedro. I'm used to being a hunter killer and close to the top in kills, but maybe that won't be my role this time around.

I'll give that support copter a go too.

I've made sure to get feedback from the team whenever I have it equipped to see if it is of any help to them and everyone unanimously agreed that it is a huge help.  Not only can they then see enemies on their radar up until those enemies are killed, but the copter allows you to mark enemies with blind eye and assassin equipped as well so even those enemies are then marked for "deletion."  And, if you stay out of enemy fire, the copter stays airborne for quite some time, allowing you to re-tag enemies who have since been killed, which earns you even more points.  It is by far my favorite strike package option in the game both for points and for helping my team to completely eradicate the enemy.  Especially since it negates blind eye and assassin for the enemy, making even the most stealthy players giant red dots on the mini-map. 

Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 16, 2011, 03:27:53 PM »

Here's what I want to figure out:  when I'm faced with two directions to go on a MP map, how do I avoid choosing the one that is completely empty, and leaves me exposed to the enemies coming from the other direction that I didn't see who then shoot me in the back of the head?  This happens to me ALL THE TIME. 

XBox Live:  JNacht
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 16, 2011, 03:30:52 PM »

Quote from: Boudreaux on November 16, 2011, 03:27:53 PM

Here's what I want to figure out:  when I'm faced with two directions to go on a MP map, how do I avoid choosing the one that is completely empty, and leaves me exposed to the enemies coming from the other direction that I didn't see who then shoot me in the back of the head?  This happens to me ALL THE TIME. 

Whenever you decide on a path in your usual manner, actively decide to go the opposite way and perhaps it'll solve your problem.   icon_wink

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 16, 2011, 04:25:25 PM »

So far MW3 has cemented my feeling that I prefer Treyarch's approach to the Call of Duty series.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
jament
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 16, 2011, 04:42:36 PM »

I agree with the map criticisms that they're all just too small and cramped. I guess Infinity Ward really took the "camp-hating" crowd to heart and really eliminated places on the map with long sight lines where snipers could add support. Most maps just turn into close-quarter killfests.  I liked Nuketown too, but now there's no variance.

Or maybe BF3 screwed up my perspective. I loved MW2, liked Black Ops a lot but am struggling with this one.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 16, 2011, 04:56:40 PM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on November 16, 2011, 04:25:25 PM

So far MW3 has cemented my feeling that I prefer Treyarch's approach to the Call of Duty series.

I agree with this, though W@W is what brought me to that conclusion.

BLOPS is my favorite COD.
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 16, 2011, 06:17:31 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 16, 2011, 03:30:52 PM

Whenever you decide on a path in your usual manner, actively decide to go the opposite way and perhaps it'll solve your problem.   icon_wink

You would think so, but I'm convinced that it's my decision that is determining where the enemy team comes from.  I am controlling the other team's actions, but only to hasten my own untimely demise.

XBox Live:  JNacht
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 16, 2011, 06:26:21 PM »

Quote from: Boudreaux on November 16, 2011, 06:17:31 PM

You would think so, but I'm convinced that it's my decision that is determining where the enemy team comes from.  I am controlling the other team's actions, but only to hasten my own untimely demise.

I feel the same way.  No matter what direction I go, I get shot in the back from 3 dudes.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 16, 2011, 08:48:09 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 16, 2011, 01:37:01 AM

Clan is finally up and running.  Invites have been sent.

https://elite.callofduty.com/connect/clan/view/173450

Clan name is Gaming Trend

Ok finally in, took a while for the invite to show on elite. 

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 16, 2011, 09:05:36 PM »

We’re honored with your ELITE demand as we’re experiencing peak traffic at this time.  Please check back at a different time of day for a greater chance of getting back into the fight and follow @callofdutyelite on Twitter for live status updates.
disgust

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 16, 2011, 09:16:40 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 16, 2011, 04:56:40 PM

Quote from: Jarrodhk on November 16, 2011, 04:25:25 PM

I agree with this, though W@W is what brought me to that conclusion.

BLOPS is my favorite COD.

Blops is my fav mp COD so far MW3 maps all feel the same.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
TheEgoWhip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 16, 2011, 11:22:30 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 16, 2011, 06:26:21 PM

Quote from: Boudreaux on November 16, 2011, 06:17:31 PM

I feel the same way.  No matter what direction I go, I get shot in the back from 3 dudes.

The answer is simple. Play with GTers and move as a unit.  When you have team members that you can trust flanking you then you know that your covered.  If someone somehow kills your teammate that's covering your flank they will let you know in chat, at high volume, for close to an hour...  retard
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: November 17, 2011, 12:12:04 AM »

Someone sounds awfully bitter  ninja
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: November 17, 2011, 04:57:56 AM »

Well, i tried the helicopter tonight...do you have to have the target inside the red box when he is killed to get the assist or is there a button you press to mark them and allows you to move on to the next?

It may all be moot, as I'm pretty sure I'm going to ebay it.

In my personal opinion, this is the worst COD game I've played or maybe I've just lost a step.

The weapons don't feel right to me (sound, damage, etc) i get hung up on the geography all the time; the no scoping is ridiculous, the refinements that Treyarch added are missing (getting the kill when someone kills your downed opponent rather than the assist), the iterative improvements (support streak) isn't that appealing, and for whatever reason I cannot get my play style to jive with it (or the ones I've tried to use to adapt to the game).

In any event, I played Gears 3 before firing this up tonight and had fun and wasn't tense or aggravated, so I think I'll just head back to a game I enjoy  nod

So in sum, my rankings of the COD games from an MP experience: BLOPS>W@W>COD4>MW2>MW3

~fin!~

« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 04:59:57 AM by ATB » Logged
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 17, 2011, 06:54:22 AM »

On the plus side, I have enjoyed my time with Spec-ops and Survival mode. Hoping to play some more of each with a co-op partner at some point.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 17, 2011, 07:27:50 AM »

It's not my favorite and there are lots of things to complain about, but I like most of the changes a lot in it.
Videmon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 17, 2011, 08:44:52 AM »

The lag is getting ridiculous on PS3. I can fire a full clip at a guy and on the kill cam I don't even see a single bullet. It does get frustrating and the maps are pretty similar but I wouldn't mind having a few games with some of you guys on PS3 and see what kind of team work you guys have going on. Never really had anyone that wanted to do team activities.

As for the helicopter, you do have to mark them to get assists. You use the shoot button when they are in the red box and it should show some green emblems above their heads to let you know you marked them and you will be given 100 points for the mark. When they get kill you will get 20 points for an assists.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 17, 2011, 01:19:45 PM »

I had a blast playing Gun Game with everyone last night, even though it should really be called "How Is Hark Going To Win This Time?"

It also has helped me to develop a new strategy for staying alive. If you see someone shooting at you... jump! Your jumping will likely make some of the bullets miss you, as well as disorient your opponent. If they are still shooting at you when you land, hop again! It's a surprisingly effective tactic, and after awhile you'll be hopping all over the map just like a bunny.

Note: I won exactly once, so the strategy described above may not be that great at actually winning, but it does seem to drive the opponents slightly crazy.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 17, 2011, 01:26:10 PM »

I'm enjoying it more than I expected to. Although I never played BLOPS much. I'm digging the new kill streak options and maybe I'm just lucky but lag has not been an issue at all for me. Now if I could just get my k/d above .66

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
ras752000
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: November 17, 2011, 01:57:36 PM »

Quote from: Videmon on November 17, 2011, 08:44:52 AM

The lag is getting ridiculous on PS3. I can fire a full clip at a guy and on the kill cam I don't even see a single bullet.
I actually think it has gotten smoother for me on psn the past few days.  I can still play good even with a 3 bar connection, whereas before that meant insta-deaths all game.

PSN=ras752000
Steam=ras752000gt
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: November 17, 2011, 02:33:37 PM »

For anyone interested, Amazon has more Hardened for sale through Amazon for $100 and not a third party. Not sure how many are left, but I grabbed one yesterday and it already shipped.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 17, 2011, 02:39:08 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on November 17, 2011, 02:33:37 PM

For anyone interested, Amazon has more Hardened for sale through Amazon for $100 and not a third party. Not sure how many are left, but I grabbed one yesterday and it already shipped.

Very glad it worked out for you.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: November 17, 2011, 03:30:16 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on November 17, 2011, 01:26:10 PM

I'm enjoying it more than I expected to. Although I never played BLOPS much. I'm digging the new kill streak options and maybe I'm just lucky but lag has not been an issue at all for me. Now if I could just get my k/d above .66

At times I notice some issues with lag, but then there are times when I can get five or six straight kills while feeling like Rambo covered in mud and surprising enemies by rising up out of the water. 

I played with Buckeye and naednek for a bit and then Kato joined us for a lot of fun.  Sure, we struggled at times and had some dismal rounds, but it was still fun to have teammates to laugh and commiserate with.  Later on had fun with Hark, steelers, Kato, and a few others and again really enjoyed it far more than playing MP by myself.

In the past there would be a number of us scrambling to be the first to shoot down enemy aircraft whenever announced on our radio.  Last night there were a few instances when we were scrambling to be the first to get our remote drone in the air.  "Airspace full?!?!?!  DAMNIT!"   icon_lol

While I'm not yet as enamored with MW3 as I was with Black Ops, I'm looking forward to playing more tonight after my volunteer shift.

Videmon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 17, 2011, 09:26:20 PM »

Quote from: ras752000 on November 17, 2011, 01:57:36 PM

Quote from: Videmon on November 17, 2011, 08:44:52 AM

The lag is getting ridiculous on PS3. I can fire a full clip at a guy and on the kill cam I don't even see a single bullet.
I actually think it has gotten smoother for me on psn the past few days.  I can still play good even with a 3 bar connection, whereas before that meant insta-deaths all game.

Good to hear, maybe they are finally working on it. I can finally log into Elite with my playstation but I can't on my computer. I take it clans are system based because I do not see a Gaming Trend Clan on my PS3.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 17, 2011, 10:53:34 PM »

Had a blast last night with Hark and crew last night, and didn't earn a single XP for most of it.  Hark was playing around with Private Match modes, including a Juggernaut mode that was pretty fun.  I think I had more fun playing those than I do most TDM rounds, sniper rifles not withstanding. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 17, 2011, 11:18:25 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on November 17, 2011, 10:53:34 PM

Had a blast last night with Hark and crew last night, and didn't earn a single XP for most of it.  Hark was playing around with Private Match modes, including a Juggernaut mode that was pretty fun.  I think I had more fun playing those than I do most TDM rounds, sniper rifles not withstanding. 

add that god awful 2nd noob toob to that list. My knifey knifey action was fun though ninja

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 18, 2011, 02:07:42 AM »

Ken will be happy, Gamestop alone sold 600,000 Elite subs.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/17/gamestop-moves-600k-call-of-duty-elite-subscriptions-a-top-10/
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: November 18, 2011, 02:46:53 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 18, 2011, 02:07:42 AM

thumbsdown
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 18, 2011, 02:48:42 AM »

Quote from: naednek on November 18, 2011, 02:46:53 AM

Quote from: leo8877 on November 18, 2011, 02:07:42 AM

thumbsdown

Especially thumbs down that they can charge extra for nothing basically, since Elite still doesn't work and who knows when it will.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 18, 2011, 02:11:57 PM »

71% of the way through the crawl around while in a haze simulator...er I mean the campaign.

First game in a while that I just want it to be over so I can see how the story ends.

Have to ship it out tomorrow.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 18, 2011, 02:18:42 PM »

Regarding the clan - turns out the invite does not show up as a notification at the top of your elite page. You have to look at the "elite feed" on the main elite.callofduty.com page.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 18, 2011, 03:19:58 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 18, 2011, 02:18:42 PM

Regarding the clan - turns out the invite does not show up as a notification at the top of your elite page. You have to look at the "elite feed" on the main elite.callofduty.com page.

those are the notifications we were talking about, sorry.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 18, 2011, 04:25:23 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 18, 2011, 03:19:58 PM

They should really show them on the scoreboard.

USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 18, 2011, 04:37:32 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 18, 2011, 04:25:23 PM

Would that be the scoreboard, the scoreboard scoreboard, lobby, or the lobby scoreboard?   icon_twisted

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 18, 2011, 04:51:28 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on November 18, 2011, 04:37:32 PM

Quote from: Teggy on November 18, 2011, 04:25:23 PM

Would that be the scoreboard, the scoreboard scoreboard, lobby, or the lobby scoreboard?   icon_twisted

Exactly.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 19, 2011, 06:00:29 AM »

Finished the sp. Unremarkable in every way.

MW3=Rocky 5
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 19, 2011, 09:18:55 AM »

Dude weren't you asking for 7-Eleven coupons for MW3 in the Trading forum? What happened?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: