http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 12:56:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Call of Duty:Modern Warfare 3  (Read 24056 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: November 10, 2011, 05:38:29 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 10, 2011, 05:32:04 PM

Quote from: Xmann on November 10, 2011, 04:00:24 PM

If anyone sees where the Hardened Edition starts selling at please pm me or something.   Just looking for a copy for Christmas.

could've sworn we already covered this earlier slywink  The Hardened Edition is no longer being offered.  It was a limited thing and was stopped a few weeks before launch.

oh, you can still buy it  icon_wink

note to self:  order a few extra hardened editions for the next CoD release...

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Owain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 10, 2011, 05:45:31 PM »

For those of us with the Hardened Edition can we give away the code that came on the little card for Founder status activation after 11/13?  I am under the impression if we used the actual elite code and activated elite before that date we automatically received founder status.  There is no further benefit from using the founder status code, correct?

I'm just thinking that may be a way to help out those that may get the game around Christmas.  Or I could just put it on Ebay...  First Elite has to work so I can make sure everything works the way I suspect it does.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 10, 2011, 05:56:59 PM »

Activision handing out 1 month free for paying customers of Elite because of fuck up

http://kotaku.com/5858332/activision-hands-out-a-free-month-to-paying-members-of-call-of-duty-elite-as-outage-continues

Activision Hands Out a Free Month to Paying Members of Call of Duty Elite As Outage Continues

Activision Hands Out a Free Month to Paying Members of Call of Duty Elite As Outage Continues Call of Duty Elite remains basically down and out three days after the release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Activision said today they will be extending all one-year paid memberships to the service by 30 days to help make up for the outage.

They are also extending the ability to sign up as a "Founder" until the end of the month.

The biggest issue that Elite initially faced was registration, Activision said. But updates yesterday greatly increased how many people could register at one time. Which led to the next problem: Too many users.

"At launch, our registration and login systems were crushed by gamers trying to enter the Elite site at the same time," according to an update on the service. "We have now fixed the registration and login systems, but we have found that the greater than expected demand is crashing servers. We're immediately deploying multiple additional servers to beef up the system. We are also going to temporarily limit access to Elite services on both the console applications and website while we build additional capacity and scale. We'll look to increase access to greater numbers of users as soon as possible."

As Activision pushes to get those extra servers up and online they say they will be limited access to the service. They don't, however, say how they're limiting it. It would make some sense for them to give first access to premium members, since those users are paying extra for the service, but this is a service meant to be open equally to those who aren't paying as well, so maybe that would be a bad idea.

Activision also was quick to point out that once you do get into the service, if you're able to, it may show stats that seem to be incorrect. Don't worry, they say, those correct stats are still being tracked.

The stat-tracking service outage doesn't seem to be impacting gameplay, which remains online and mostly trouble-free, from what I've seen.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 05:58:39 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 10, 2011, 06:12:21 PM »

Quote from: Covenant on November 10, 2011, 04:45:23 PM

Is there a clan or group setup yet for GT?

No, but I think Hark said he will once Elite is working.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 10, 2011, 06:47:19 PM »

Do you get anything for being a "Founder"?

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 10, 2011, 06:59:47 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on November 10, 2011, 06:47:19 PM

Do you get anything for being a "Founder"?
a tag i think on your callsign banner thing

and this(found this here)
Founder Status Features:

- Unique Founder weapon camo and profile skin
- Exclusive Founder in-game Player Card and Emblem
- Access to the private #Founder Group
- Special Founder Clan XP boost
- Special Founder Operations, Events and Leagues
- Exclusive Founder prizes and experiences

Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 10, 2011, 07:21:02 PM »

Sorry, I didn't know it was just a preorder deal that would no longer be available after launch.....dangit

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 10, 2011, 07:50:19 PM »

On the subject of headsets, if anyone wants to buy a  qualifying Turtle Beach MW3 Ear Force Gaming Headset, I have a $10 Amazon promotional discount I don't need.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 10, 2011, 08:05:57 PM »

I had the Turtle Beach setup awhile back, but I just can't use it.  If I have game and party chat coming through the same earpiece I can't hear anyone.  I have to stick with headset for chat and theater for game sounds. frown
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 10, 2011, 08:09:33 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on November 10, 2011, 04:10:14 PM

I'll might join in all the MW3 action after x-mas. Since I'll have more time and just one more month away from retirement.

Welcome to the retirement club! We have coffee and danish every Tuesday morning, but no one gets up early enough to show up nod

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 10, 2011, 08:19:56 PM »

So does anyone know what happens after you unlock everything on a weapon? I think between level 29 and 30 it was 80K XP and I decided to try another weapon rather than go down that road.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 10, 2011, 08:20:42 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on November 10, 2011, 04:22:32 PM

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on November 10, 2011, 04:09:54 PM

Quote from: Covenant on November 10, 2011, 02:00:59 PM

Go to multiplayer in MW3 and you will see it in the main menu there about halfway down.

Done that.  It just gives me the option of downloading it (again) or no thanks.

Edit:  Got it working.  I would call it anticlimactic had I actually expected anything.

Well, that is laughable.  Now, how do I get the 2 hours of double xp?  Also, how do I get the double xp for entering a MTN DEW code?

I've been wondering about the double xp for registering for Elite as well.  But, as Elite doesn't work why should we expect any other promises like double xp?  

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 10, 2011, 08:21:59 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 10, 2011, 08:19:56 PM

So does anyone know what happens after you unlock everything on a weapon? I think between level 29 and 30 it was 80K XP and I decided to try another weapon rather than go down that road.

Not sure.  Also along these lines, must you complete all attachment challenges in order to complete the weapon mastery challenge?  In some cases my mastery level is something like 6 out of 10 yet I've only completed two or three weapon attachment challenges.   icon_confused

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 10, 2011, 08:29:09 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 10, 2011, 08:21:59 PM

Quote from: Teggy on November 10, 2011, 08:19:56 PM

Not sure.  Also along these lines, must you complete all attachment challenges in order to complete the weapon mastery challenge?  In some cases my mastery level is something like 6 out of 10 yet I've only completed two or three weapon attachment challenges.   icon_confused

No, you only have to unlock the attachments by leveling up the weapon. No more using one attachment to unlock another attachment, the attachment challengers just give XP.

Once you hit mastery you get a new title, but you can keep leveling up the weapon beyond that point. Perhaps they have multiple titles like in MW2 (gold, silver, etc.)

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 10, 2011, 08:31:31 PM »

Quote from: Owain on November 10, 2011, 05:11:31 PM

Quote from: BuckeyeShane on November 10, 2011, 03:39:00 PM

Quote from: Laner on November 10, 2011, 03:29:09 PM

Logged in for my first round of MP last night... I was getting slaughtered by level 60s... WTH?  Level 60 already?  Insanity.

I think Hark is close to level 80 now

Close?  He prestiged about 2am EST this morning.  Hark is the bringer of the god-like portable radar.

There someone who has prestiged 4 times already
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: November 10, 2011, 08:32:30 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 10, 2011, 08:29:09 PM

No, you only have to unlock the attachments by leveling up the weapon. No more using one attachment to unlock another attachment, the attachment challengers just give XP.

Oh, so mastery is merely based upon unlocking everything, not actually using it.  Nice, as I have zero interest in things like the heartbeat sensor, the holographic site (it as awful in this game, much better in Black Ops), etc.

Once you hit mastery you get a new title, but you can keep leveling up the weapon beyond that point. Perhaps they have multiple titles like in MW2.

As I'm loving the SCAR right now with red dot sight and silencer I may use it long enough to see what happens if you level even further.  Although I did create a few new assault rifle classes with rifles I recently unlocked and have been considering giving them a try, so we'll see what happens.  I was enamored with the M4 for a while, but once I tried the SCAR I was hooked, and now I'm worried the same will happen with subsequent unlocks.  Ooh, something shiny!  Ooh, something shiny!  Ooh, something else shiny!  

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 10, 2011, 08:33:35 PM »

Quote from: Owain on November 10, 2011, 05:11:31 PM

Quote from: BuckeyeShane on November 10, 2011, 03:39:00 PM

Quote from: Laner on November 10, 2011, 03:29:09 PM

Logged in for my first round of MP last night... I was getting slaughtered by level 60s... WTH?  Level 60 already?  Insanity.

I think Hark is close to level 80 now

Close?  He prestiged about 2am EST this morning.  Hark is the bringer of the god-like portable radar.

Oh, Owain, I did wind up catching up and going past your level yesterday - but then you got back ahead smile

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 10, 2011, 08:39:48 PM »

My M4A1 is at level 30. I get 10,000 XP when I get it up to level 31 but I don't see any other challenges other than with attachments. I've already achieved Mastery with it. I tried going with another rifle but I don't really want to lose the advantages I've unlocked with this one.

Other observations:
- I tried Hardcore TDM for a while last night. Even up to Monday night I was enjoying it on BLOPS, but for some reason on MW3, maybe the maps, it seems to dissolve into camping and snipers every match. On the other hand regular TDM in MW3 is working very well for me.
- I tried using Heat Beat sensor in MW3, but unlike MW2, where I was attached to it all the time in HC-TDM, it's too much of a distraction. In regular TDM in MW3 I fine I need to keep looking around since most maps seem to have lots of little hide spots. I can't have my eyes locked to the HB screen.
- I'm at about level 42, playing with folks mostly a few levels behind, and when a UAV goes up I usually see five or six red dots, so it seems most folks aren't using Assassin/Assassin Pro. Me, I'm running both Assassin Pro and Blind Eye Pro nod
- The Bouncing Betty seems rather anemic in MW3 non-Hardcore. I found I prefer my old frag grenade, at least until I unlock my happy Claymore.
- I like the idea of the Support Killstreak. I rarely stay alive to unlock all three Assault rewards anyway, so this works out a lot better.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 10, 2011, 08:46:50 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on November 10, 2011, 08:09:33 PM

I'll might join in all the MW3 action after x-mas. Since I'll have more time and just one more month away from retirement.

Welcome to the retirement club! We have coffee and danish every Tuesday morning, but no one gets up early enough to show up nod

Disregard. I bought the game today. See you guys online  disgust

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 10, 2011, 08:52:57 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on November 10, 2011, 08:46:50 PM

Disregard. I bought the game today. See you guys online  disgust

And here I was getting used to amassing kills.  I guess I now have to once again come to terms with having them stolen from me in the night.  

Kato -->  ninja

Me -->  @#$(*&%

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: November 10, 2011, 09:31:06 PM »

Good to hear, Kato!
TheEgoWhip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 10, 2011, 10:17:46 PM »

Just cant resist that Shooty Goodness!
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 10, 2011, 10:23:54 PM »

Level 31 on a weapon gets you the gold camo fwiw.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 10, 2011, 11:17:32 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 10, 2011, 10:23:54 PM

Level 31 on a weapon gets you the gold camo fwiw.

Well that's something. I'm at 30 and half way to 31, might as well get there. Anything past 31? Except, maybe, glory? icon_biggrin

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 11, 2011, 12:31:41 AM »

You are retiring soon? Awesome!

Let me know when you pick up MW3 and I'll grab it as well. I have lots of free time for games from the middle of December to the middle of January, check your live messages!

Edit: I should read the whole thread before responding.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 11, 2011, 12:34:19 AM »

you're not supposed to say that!! don't you watch movies???? anytime anyone says they're close to retirement something bad happens!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 11, 2011, 12:46:06 AM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on November 11, 2011, 12:31:41 AM

You are retiring soon? Awesome!

Let me know when you pick up MW3 and I'll grab it as well. I have lots of free time for games from the middle of December to the middle of January, check your live messages!

Edit: I should read the whole thread before responding.

Hey Jarrod, I off work until Tuesday so let me know when you get Mw3.  Survival mode looks interesting.....

Oh and  finger to Infinity Ward for making my beloved M60 sound like a paint ball gun (Hark's description)
I still like it but holy crap, at least make it sound like the Bolter in warhammer or something

Semper Fidelis

USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 11, 2011, 12:46:44 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 11, 2011, 12:34:19 AM

you're not supposed to say that!! don't you watch movies???? anytime anyone says they're close to retirement something bad happens!

I'm getting to old for this sh*t  slywink

Semper Fidelis

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 11, 2011, 01:43:37 AM »

Survival mode is pretty cool, very odd they only have it 2 player though  icon_evil
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 11, 2011, 01:46:10 AM »

I'll be on tonight!  With thanks to a coworker who gave me $20 so we can play smile
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: November 11, 2011, 06:55:04 AM »

I finally leveled up enough to unlock Claymores. Sadly, they are inadequate on non-Hardcore TDM. I've had enemies set them off without much effect. So I switched back to frags.

I leveled my M4A1 to level 31, played a match with the gold camo (is it still camo if it's gold?) and then switched to the SCAR for a new challenge.

Just like in the previous CoD games, I find that only assault rifles really work for me with my play style. That's unfortunate for all the effort the designers put in adding all the other classes. I hope the rest of you get some use out of them.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 11, 2011, 02:06:55 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on November 11, 2011, 06:55:04 AM

I finally leveled up enough to unlock Claymores. Sadly, they are inadequate on non-Hardcore TDM. I've had enemies set them off without much effect. So I switched back to frags.

How were you placing them?
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 11, 2011, 02:11:43 PM »

cvg

Modern Warfare 3 enjoyed "the biggest entertainment launch ever" with an estimated sell-through of more than $400 million and more than 6.5 million units in the US and UK alone in its first 24 hours of availability.

It marks the third consecutive year that the Call of Duty franchise has set day one launch records across all forms of entertainment, following similar successes by last year's Black Ops (estimated day-one sell-through of $360 million) and 2009's Modern Warfare 2 (sell through of $310 million).

all that and its only US and UK figures!!  icon_eek

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 11, 2011, 02:15:14 PM »

Campaign isgetting better, but it's like they just reused entire scenes from mw2 wholesale.  

Planning to dive into the mp fray tonight..
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 11, 2011, 03:50:10 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 11, 2011, 02:15:14 PM

Campaign isgetting better, but it's like they just reused entire scenes from mw2 wholesale.  

Planning to dive into the mp fray tonight..

Fair warning, regular MW3 is ultra lethal compared to BF3 (which I think you thought was really lethal).
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 11, 2011, 04:01:41 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on November 11, 2011, 02:06:55 PM

Quote from: jztemple2 on November 11, 2011, 06:55:04 AM

How were you placing them?

Doorways, right angle turns on stairways, around corners, same as in BLOPS. I think they are cause some injury, but not killing, which makes them of limited value. Also, in BLOPS the announcer would say something about your item being destroyed, so you knew the Claymore went off. In MW3 that doesn't seem to be happening, so that's not helping me either. I guess I might switch back to Hardcore mode and see what effect it has there.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 11, 2011, 04:18:24 PM »

Fwiw i get plenty of kills from claymores and betties.  Occasionally it is just an assist, but usually a kill
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 11, 2011, 04:27:44 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 11, 2011, 04:18:24 PM

Fwiw i get plenty of kills from claymores and betties.  Occasionally it is just an assist, but usually a kill

Hark,

I'm not sure if you were referring to me this morning regarding airstrikes and being killed because i'm not equipping blindeye.  It wasn't unlocked at the time.  However right after that match, I got it.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 11, 2011, 04:28:35 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 11, 2011, 04:18:24 PM

Hmm, maybe I'm setting them too close to the door or right angle of the stairway? I guess I could experiment some more. Is there a sweet spot for placement?

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 11, 2011, 07:32:17 PM »

I'm starting to find the love for the XM-25. Great for clearing baddies out of the tunnel on Hardhat. Also good on Mission to suppress snipers.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: