http://gamingtrend.com
November 29, 2014, 05:09:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Call of Duty:Modern Warfare 3  (Read 24549 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 10, 2011, 03:33:00 AM »

Quote from: ATB on November 10, 2011, 03:15:29 AM

Metallic, it must get better then because I played SP for about an hour to get my FPS vision back (oye it's making me nauseated) and thus far it's trying so hard to be outstanding, but it's just terrible and stupid.  There are some cool interactive cut scenes, but overall it's just preposterous.

And stale. SO SO stale.

MP probably by Friday.

oh...then no you wont like it then,LOL..i really liked the first few hours

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 10, 2011, 03:56:22 AM »

Done playing for a while. I can't handle the lag.

I test my down/up and hit 15/2 no sweat. I ping different servers, all over the country. I don't get anything worse then 30 ms back. Test for packet loss, no problems.

I play MW3, even a 4 bar lobby is not good. 3 bar is unplayable.

I wish I could return my copy. I'm beyond frustrated at losing fights and seeing a guy fire 1 bullet on my screen and then watching the kill cam to see him fire 7 times. I feel like we're not playing the same game.

Skyrim Friday? Thank you Jesus.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 10, 2011, 04:29:09 AM »

Quote from: Roman on November 09, 2011, 09:58:33 PM

my copy is going back! I did not pay for MW3 only to play building models from previous games!!
http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/224774/is-modern-warfare-3-reusing-buildings-from-previous-call-of-duty-games/

OUTRAGE.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 10, 2011, 04:34:40 AM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on November 10, 2011, 03:56:22 AM

I test my down/up and hit 15/2 no sweat. I ping different servers, all over the country. I don't get anything worse then 30 ms back. Test for packet loss, no problems.

I wish I could return my copy. I'm beyond frustrated at losing fights and seeing a guy fire 1 bullet on my screen and then watching the kill cam to see him fire 7 times. I feel like we're not playing the same game.

you have almost double my average score and average kill per match.  Wish I had your lag problems then...
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 10, 2011, 04:47:59 AM »

So how exactly does the Trophy System tactical item work?

"The function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable" - John Kenneth Galbraith
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 10, 2011, 04:51:18 AM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on November 10, 2011, 04:47:59 AM

So how exactly does the Trophy System tactical item work?

It blows up stuff before it gets to it.  So it will protect a small area from grenades, noob tubes and predator missiles.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 10, 2011, 05:20:54 AM »

well, every mw series has been that way.  MW2 had a horrible single player game.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 10, 2011, 05:53:48 AM »

Quote from: naednek on November 10, 2011, 05:20:54 AM

well, every mw series has been that way.  MW2 had a horrible single player game.

hmm,modern warfare for me have been the only decent single player games in the Call of Duty series....i think its because i actually care about the characters in the story(Price,Soap etc)

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 10, 2011, 05:57:05 AM »

I finally was able to log onto the Elite 360 app and look around.  It doesn't say Founder but something did say it might be 48 hours before that status was shown. Anyway, at least access to the Elite content seems to be working.

"The function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable" - John Kenneth Galbraith
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 10, 2011, 06:31:17 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 10, 2011, 04:34:40 AM

Quote from: Nonnahob on November 10, 2011, 03:56:22 AM

you have almost double my average score and average kill per match.  Wish I had your lag problems then...

When lag gets me down I just take a break and pilot my toy helicopter around the level, pretending to shoot at enemies with my targeting reticle.  While it doesn't net me any kills, it does point out the baddies on the map for my teammates so they can take them down, and because they now know where everyone is they can adjust for lag appropriately.  Plus it seems to earn me enough points to place in the top two or three pretty often, even netting me a top place finish a few times.   icon_cool

Lag doesn't seem to hinder my flying at all.   icon_biggrin 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: November 10, 2011, 09:08:08 AM »

Grimwar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 10, 2011, 10:16:09 AM »

I really like this game (I am not a CoD veteran, so the gameplay is still pretty new to me) but it is also infuriating. People just seem to be too good.  I have no idea how people head shot me so accurately over and over, especially from across the map.  I also have given up on trying to be sneaky, it seems pointless.  So, I just run around willy nilly now.  It feels more effective, even though I still suck.  I wish the maps were just a bit bigger to allow for more sneaky play, that's really my only gripe with the game itself. What is interesting to me is playing MW3 made me 10 times better at BF3 in gun fights when I played that for a bit tonight. 

Having been playing these two games on 360, my first foray into console FPS, I am almost wanting to switch over permanently.  Everything in me says "Bah, PC is better", but for some reason I have more fun on console.  Maybe it's because I have played on PC for so long, the change is interesting and I enjoy seeing myself get better with a controller.  That and I have grown tired of hassling with PC drivers, patches, and components.  The older I get the more I want stuff that just works as is and doesn't tempt me constantly with the latest a greatest hardware upgrades I don't need to buy but still do. 

Playing: Nothing really.  Bring on Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 10, 2011, 11:52:26 AM »

Quote from: naednek on November 10, 2011, 05:20:54 AM

I disagree. 
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 10, 2011, 12:11:28 PM »

The first Modern Warefare's single player campaign was fantastic.  One of the best single player experiences I've ever had.  MW2 was not nearly as good.

Now, pardon me for a dumb question.  What, exactly, is Elite?  I downloaded a free add-on on the XBox, which doesn't seem to do anything.  Am I supposed to connect that to something on the web?  Does it cost money?  What do I get, other than online stat tracking?

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 10, 2011, 01:44:39 PM »

Basically elite is the stat tracking component to MW3; it exists as an outside application however.  There's an entry for it in the multiplayer menu (which takes you out of MW3) or you can run it from your games list in the dashboard. It's free for everyone, but they have a subscription based "enhanced version" ($50) that gives you free DLC for the next year or so and enhanced features.

Ifr you plan on playing long term, it's a good deal. I'm gonna wait a few weeks and see if the game sticks with me first.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 10, 2011, 02:00:03 PM »

I definitely downloaded it.  I'm not finding it in my game library though.

I WANT TO SEE IT NOT WORK FOR MYSELF!

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 10, 2011, 02:00:59 PM »

Go to multiplayer in MW3 and you will see it in the main menu there about halfway down.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 10, 2011, 02:15:16 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on November 10, 2011, 02:00:03 PM

I definitely downloaded it.  I'm not finding it in my game library though.

I WANT TO SEE IT NOT WORK FOR MYSELF!

you should be able to see it in your game library as well,that's where i launched it from before MW3 was even out

I was kinda hoping it would be a dashboard thing like the Halo Waypoint,seen as though i play more COD than Halo,i tried again early this morning to get on and it just wasn't happening,glad i have not paid for the extras yet

Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 10, 2011, 03:12:27 PM »

Majority of my score is from Tuesday when things were relatively lag free. Playing Wednesday was a chore. If elite worked or I was able to show you day one v day two I'm guessing there would be a huge difference on score per minute. I'm telling ya, the lag was bad yesterday.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 10, 2011, 03:19:34 PM »

I have actually not experienced any lag, it's been rather nice.  A couple games dropped me to the dash.  I'd say 2 in about 30 games total.  Sucks to hear that it's so bad you can't even play.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #460 on: November 10, 2011, 03:29:09 PM »

Logged in for my first round of MP last night... I was getting slaughtered by level 60s... WTH?  Level 60 already?  Insanity.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 10, 2011, 03:34:22 PM »

COD Elite is the most botched paid online offering I've ever seen.  Thank goodness I didn't pay for this.
BuckeyeShane
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 10, 2011, 03:38:21 PM »

Had alot of fun playing with crew here last night.  I probably was the reason we lost soo many matches as I had alot more deaths than kills.  Question what are you guys using for headsets?  I'm still using the headset that came with the xbox and it is less than stellar.
BuckeyeShane
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 10, 2011, 03:39:00 PM »

Quote from: Laner on November 10, 2011, 03:29:09 PM

Logged in for my first round of MP last night... I was getting slaughtered by level 60s... WTH?  Level 60 already?  Insanity.

I think Hark is close to level 80 now
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 10, 2011, 03:39:15 PM »

Quote from: BuckeyeShane on November 10, 2011, 03:38:21 PM

Had alot of fun playing with crew here last night.  I probably was the reason we lost soo many matches as I had alot more deaths than kills.  Question what are you guys using for headsets?  I'm still using the headset that came with the xbox and it is less than stellar.

I just use the xbox headset and turn my stereo sound down real low so I can actually hear everyone.
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: November 10, 2011, 04:00:24 PM »

If anyone sees where the Hardened Edition starts selling at please pm me or something.   Just looking for a copy for Christmas.

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 10, 2011, 04:03:24 PM »

Had alot of fun playing with crew here last night.  I probably was the reason we lost soo many matches as I had alot more deaths than kills.  Question what are you guys using for headsets?  I'm still using the headset that came with the xbox and it is less than stellar.

I have the wireless headset:

Quote from: leo8877 on November 10, 2011, 03:39:15 PM

I just use the xbox headset and turn my stereo sound down real low so I can actually hear everyone.

And I also do as leo in that I turn down my surround sound to about 10 so that I can hear my teammates/friends and also so that my sound doesn't come through the mic.  It can be irritating when a teammate has their sound on so loud that you hear the game in your own living room and then after a brief delay you hear the same thing again through your headset.

I'm really glad to see new people and to have a chance to play with folks I haven't played with in the past.  Of course, after making room on my friends list I may have inadvertently deleted people who I'll wind up re-adding having not realized just how many would be playing MW3 with the GT crew.  Case in point, Drifter was the first re-add less than an hour after removing him.   icon_redface

I've already had a blast playing with Teggy, Hark, leo, Drifter, WalkingFumble, Hellspawn (and Fuzzybunny's conversational participation in the background), etc, and I'm hoping to get some time in with new folks as well.  Keep an eye out for marked enemies when I get my toy helicopter in the air.   icon_cool

At first I wasn't sure how I felt about the gameplay, as I missed certain aspects of Black Ops, but after yesterday's 4-hour+ marathon I managed to level up the SCAR with the silencer and red dot sight, kick reduction, I've got the Javelin for taking out planes and sometimes the occasional soldier  icon_twisted, I progressed all the way up to level 28 or so, and overall I'm absolutely loving this game.  Even more so when playing with friends. 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 04:05:55 PM by PeteRock » Logged

IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 10, 2011, 04:09:54 PM »

Quote from: Covenant on November 10, 2011, 02:00:59 PM

Go to multiplayer in MW3 and you will see it in the main menu there about halfway down.

Done that.  It just gives me the option of downloading it (again) or no thanks.

Edit:  Got it working.  I would call it anticlimactic had I actually expected anything.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 04:20:09 PM by IkeVandergraaf » Logged

Gamertag = IkeV
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 10, 2011, 04:10:14 PM »

I'll might join in all the MW3 action after x-mas. Since I'll have more time and just one more month away from retirement.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 10, 2011, 04:13:18 PM »

The wife has also been asking me if I'd be organizing a "Geezers Gone Wild" multiplayer session in the coming weeks as she loves to offer words of "encouragement" (i.e. mockery) and gets a kick out of some of the conversations we have with one another.  For those who aren't familiar, we'd often get a group of "adult" gamers together for MP sessions organized for a specific time so we'd all know when to be online and not only would we fill one team but also the opposing team with GT players, making for absolute pandemonium and endless fun. 

It's been a while.  It may be time to revisit the Geezers tradition.   icon_biggrin

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 10, 2011, 04:17:45 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on November 10, 2011, 04:10:14 PM

I'll might join in all the MW3 action after x-mas. Since I'll have more time and just one more month away from retirement.

It's such a tease when we all see Kato log on and you hear multiple people say, "Hey, Kato's online, let's send him an..........ooooooooooh, I forgot.  Nevermind."   icon_frown

I poured out a Bud Light for my fallen homie.  Mainly because I couldn't bring myself to drink it.   icon_wink

IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 10, 2011, 04:22:32 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on November 10, 2011, 04:09:54 PM

Quote from: Covenant on November 10, 2011, 02:00:59 PM

Done that.  It just gives me the option of downloading it (again) or no thanks.

Edit:  Got it working.  I would call it anticlimactic had I actually expected anything.

Well, that is laughable.  Now, how do I get the 2 hours of double xp?  Also, how do I get the double xp for entering a MTN DEW code?

Gamertag = IkeV
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 10, 2011, 04:34:58 PM »

Turtle Beach X11s

two separate volumes for game audio and chat audio,so it is excellent for listening out for footsteps and a quick glance at my map shows no one on my side is near me,so i at least turn round and face my assassin when i get owned Tongue

seriously though,brilliant headsets

Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 10, 2011, 04:45:23 PM »

Is there a clan or group setup yet for GT?
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 10, 2011, 04:56:43 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 10, 2011, 04:34:58 PM

Turtle Beach X11s

two separate volumes for game audio and chat audio,so it is excellent for listening out for footsteps and a quick glance at my map shows no one on my side is near me,so i at least turn round and face my assassin when i get owned Tongue

The X41's are much nicer Tongue
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 10, 2011, 05:09:25 PM »

+1 to the X41's.  I've been playing Red Dead Redemption with them and the audio output has been blowing me away.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Owain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 10, 2011, 05:11:31 PM »

Quote from: BuckeyeShane on November 10, 2011, 03:39:00 PM

Quote from: Laner on November 10, 2011, 03:29:09 PM

I think Hark is close to level 80 now

Close?  He prestiged about 2am EST this morning.  Hark is the bringer of the god-like portable radar.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 10, 2011, 05:21:01 PM »

Quote from: naednek on November 10, 2011, 04:56:43 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 10, 2011, 04:34:58 PM

Turtle Beach X11s

The X41's are much nicer Tongue

i am sure they are

X11s=39.99 X41s=119.99

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 10, 2011, 05:29:53 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 10, 2011, 04:03:24 PM

Had alot of fun playing with crew here last night.  I probably was the reason we lost soo many matches as I had alot more deaths than kills.  Question what are you guys using for headsets?  I'm still using the headset that came with the xbox and it is less than stellar.

I have the wireless headset:

That's the one I have too. Have had it for years and it still works great.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 10, 2011, 05:32:04 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on November 10, 2011, 04:00:24 PM

If anyone sees where the Hardened Edition starts selling at please pm me or something.   Just looking for a copy for Christmas.

could've sworn we already covered this earlier slywink  The Hardened Edition is no longer being offered.  It was a limited thing and was stopped a few weeks before launch.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: