http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 08:21:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Call of Duty:Modern Warfare 3  (Read 23908 times)
PeteRock
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 09, 2011, 03:44:45 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on November 09, 2011, 03:49:49 AM

I'm sticking with one weapon for now just to get the feel of it.

I'm loving the game, the maps, the speed... I may not bother to go to hardcore nod. I also like the support versus assault killstreaks, since I like to be helping the whole team.

With how easy it seems to die I don't really see me ever going over to Hardcore.   icon_eek  There are times when my soldier seems to take one or two hits and goes down, although the replay seems to show an entire clip being emptied.   retard  So the lag associated with kills continues to frustrate me.  Not only do I die a lot, but I seem to die fast.  Ridiculously fast.

Overall I have mixed emotions, but I think in part because despite playing the everloving hell out of Black Ops there is still a major learning curve with MW3.  I like the game and am really enjoying it, but some of the lingering frustrations from games past still continue to frustrate.  I also struggle with being taken down by people who start firing before they even see me, and then bring up the sights to finish me off.  There's no way for me to aim fast enough, even with the associated perk, when that happens.  

However, that being said, I love the support strike packages, although when you have 10 separate SAM turrets it becomes a challenge setting them up in strategic places so your missiles get there first.  It's pretty funny when you hear four different SAM turrets rapid-firing like crazy anytime a single plane appears in the sky.  icon_lol  It's back to the days when pug, teggy, and I would race to see who could shoot down a UAV plane first.    ninja2

All in all I'm enjoying it, I love the leveling system, and it is way more fun to play with friends than randoms.  I'm not sure how I feel about the weapon leveling system yet, but having two things to level is twice the XP fun.   icon_biggrin  I seem to be following temple's approach of using one weapon for a while to focus on perks and unlockables, mainly using the M4A1.  But I hear the SCAR is a pretty effective death machine so I may give it a test drive soon.  

I'm mostly an assault rifle player, mainly because in close quarters I can hip-fire and at longer ranges I can use the red dot sight.  SMGs are just too ineffective at long range for me, but holy hell are they lethal up close.  I need to use them more on close-combat maps, but as I haven't even seen most of the maps yet I don't know when the SMG would be ideal.  And I am absolute shite with sniper rifles, shotguns, and LMGs, so they're out altogether.

I guess it's saying something that as I only have class until 12:30pm, softball isn't until 7:35pm, and I don't have any major exams until next week, I'm looking forward to spending a majority of this afternoon playing shooteyface.   drool  

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
ras752000
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 09, 2011, 03:47:48 PM »

I absolutely love mw3.  Think they have finally hit the sweet spot
That being said: I'm much worse @ this game than I was @ mw2 and blops.  Seems more like mw1 where going like 15-8 was a great game for me.  I have always run & gunned but I'm really having to make myself be more conservative, make sure I'm aiming around corners, ect. 
I very much agree with the above poster: don't know how much quicker I could die in hardcore when it already feels like insta-death in core.  Maybe I'd die when my opponent just thinks about shooting?
Love all the maps so far too.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 03:51:15 PM by ras752000 » Logged

PSN=ras752000
Steam=ras752000gt
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 09, 2011, 03:50:29 PM »

Quote from: Covenant on November 09, 2011, 03:44:01 PM

Yeah, I tried Battlefield 3 when it came out and absolutely SUCKED at it, with no improvement with practice.  With MW3 on the other hand, I was racking up XP and even managed to place 2nd in one of my matches.

I seem to be racking up XP as well, but my k/d ratio is shite.  At least for now.  Although during my first ever match I went something like 2-18 and as the night went on I managed to get closer to breaking even, and sometimes managed to squeak into the positive.  It took me a long time to get to the point when I would have more kills than deaths with any consistency in Black Ops, despite being skilled enough to hold my own, so I expect the same with MW3.  Especially since I seem to do better with the non-modern-warfare games in the COD series.  

Question... whats the easiest way to get a decent GT friends list together for this game so I can play with you guys more? Do I need to go through the gamertag lst and just add everyone, or is there a group/guid type system where you can just join something in game andget automatched with others in that group? I havn't done a lot of multiplayer in the past, so my current friends list is pretty pitiful.

I've been working on cleaning out my Friends list of people I don't really play with or those I merely have on my list due to belonging to the same gaming forum to make room for MW3 participants, so you're welcome to add me to your list:  PhillyPeteRock.  And once you have at least one person on your list from the "GT Crew", you can then access people on their list for meeting up for MP by going through their profile, so ultimately adding someone like me, or Hark, or Hardon Smasher will gain you access to a number of regular players from GT.  And if you see the "join session in progress" or "join party" option, hop on in for some GT shooteyface.   thumbsup

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 09, 2011, 03:56:17 PM »

I played quite a bit last night and enjoyed it immensely. I guess I'm just lucky but I seem to not run into the vocal twits that some of you have had to endure. If nothing else, it's been rather quiet on voice chat.

I kept a list and counted sixteen unique maps on which I played. Compared to previous editions, my observation is that the maps are very alike. Of course the terrain and details do vary, but there are no big sniper maps that like huge field in World at War or tiny one building gunfests like "Vacant". Hell, there isn't even a "Nuketown" eek. And it seems most of the maps have a lot of vertical obstacles to prevent knocking down UAVs easily. However, I'm not complaining, I'm finding the maps big enough so you can do some stalking without being so big you can't find anyone.

I've decided for now to stick to one gun and unlock all the features for it to see what I do and don't like. My old favorite add-on, the Heart Beat sensor, is back (from MW2?) but I'm not finding it as useful in non-Hardcore as it used to be for me. Or maybe it's because we seem to have UAVs up all the time and the HB sensor is redundant.

I forgot to post earlier in this thread when we were talking about people using Ghost and Ghost Pro in BLOPS. Playing Hardcore I used the latter all the time, but I was constantly surprised at how many people didn't use Ghost in Hardcore. I think if I had to guess that maybe on average one or two of the six opponents would be running it.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 09, 2011, 03:56:21 PM »

My k/d was likely lower last night than it would have been normally, as we were playing Kill Confirmed, which I had no experience with, so I was charging out into open areas chasing those damned tags like a 3yo trying to run down the ice cream truck on the Interstate.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: November 09, 2011, 04:07:09 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on November 09, 2011, 05:17:39 AM

Well, that didn't last long. Between a coming down with a case of fuckitall this evening and the epiphany that I buy shooters to play online with my friends, I walked into a Gamestop 10 minutes before close and purchased MW3. 

The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you.

You don't know how happy I was to see you online playing MW3 yesterday.  Fabulous

Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 09, 2011, 04:13:43 PM »

Thanks Pete. I think I'll go through my list and get rid of all the  random people I added butnever played with and start building again based on your list and MW3
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 09, 2011, 04:14:40 PM »

Thanks, Pete.  It's nice to be wanted.  biggrin

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 09, 2011, 04:20:31 PM »

Quote from: Covenant on November 09, 2011, 04:13:43 PM

Thanks Pete. I think I'll go through my list and get rid of all the  random people I added butnever played with and start building again based on your list and MW3

I used to worry about people being offended or hurt by noticing that they were dropped from my Friends list, but over time my list filled up and I'd never have room for new people who wanted to add me to their list or who I'd like to add for ease of finding fellow GTers to play with.  Case in point, I may have had you on my own list some time ago but was forced to choose between people I play with regularly and those I couldn't recall playing much MP with.  I never mean for the changes I have to make to be taken personally, and sometimes I wind up re-adding folks when we wind up playing a mutual game, like in this case MW3.  

I really like having GTers to play MP with, as games are an order of magnitude more fun for me to have someone to chat with or even strategize with rather than setting my mic aside to avoid having to listen to some of the nonsense you encounter in public games.  I'm also really happy about the fact that I've gotten to know a number of GTers over the years, both in person and online, and I'm certainly looking forward to playing with some new "faces".  

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 09, 2011, 04:21:43 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on November 09, 2011, 04:14:40 PM

Thanks, Pete.  It's nice to be wanted.  biggrin

Even if it's because I want to kill you?

Although now we're merely arguing semantics.  icon_lol

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 09, 2011, 04:27:17 PM »

Quote from: Grimwar on November 09, 2011, 12:14:56 PM

Please tell me there is a way to turn off voice chat in this.  I can't find it and I can not tolerate listening to all the punk ass high school kids and college frat bros.  Man, their stupidity makes me rage.

are you using Headset or is it all coming through the TV?....Headset i presume you can just turn down the volume,this is where my Turtle Beach come in handy,i can keep the sound of the game but turn down the volume of knobheads

if its all coming through the TV though,the only thing i can see to do is either while in a game press the back button and then using the D-Pad select which person it is who is doing the talking and toggling mute,or while in the lobby doing the same thing,selecting the person and pressing A brings up a mini menu,and in that menu it has toggle mute

Quote from: leo8877 on November 09, 2011, 05:57:32 AM

Also I got a kill tonight by throwing a grenade and it hit someone and killed them without exploding first.  It showed the icon like when you noob tube someone in the stomach.

HA,that happened with me yesterday,i think the guy i killed had just been in a fight with others and i just threw the flashgrenade because i knew someone was behind the corner,but when i threw the flash he immediately appeared and the grenade hit him on the head and he died,i was laughing out loud at that...i didn't notice any icon though,and i immediately got killed straight after icon_confused

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 09, 2011, 04:47:13 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 09, 2011, 04:21:43 PM

Quote from: Isgrimnur on November 09, 2011, 04:14:40 PM

Thanks, Pete.  It's nice to be wanted.  biggrin

Even if it's because I want to kill you?

Although now we're merely arguing semantics.  icon_lol

Oh, the feeling is mutual, my friend.  smile

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 09, 2011, 05:12:53 PM »

Kill Confirmed = super fun!
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 09, 2011, 05:33:31 PM »

Turn voice chat to friends only via the 360 menu.  Unless this doesn't work. 

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 09, 2011, 05:36:56 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 09, 2011, 03:23:55 PM

Is there a "Platoon" system in COD Elite (free) like there is for BF3?

yes, and I will have one up as soon as Elite is working properly.  We can level the clan up as well since I paid for Premium Elite.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 09, 2011, 05:41:09 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 09, 2011, 05:36:56 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on November 09, 2011, 03:23:55 PM

Is there a "Platoon" system in COD Elite (free) like there is for BF3?

yes, and I will have one up as soon as Elite is working properly.  We can level the clan up as well since I paid for Premium Elite.

I can't believe this is not working at all, with a paid cost to entry and a beta.  I can't even login through the xbox dash, when I get to the license agreement and try to accept, it just dumps me back to the title screen.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 09, 2011, 05:55:55 PM »

I have my Blindeye and Assassin. Now if I could just hit somebody I'd be dangerous...

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Owain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 09, 2011, 06:20:41 PM »

Kill Confirmed last night with everyone was a great change of place and I think shall take the place of TDM for my most played match type.  I tend to play some of all the different types and wouldn't mind trying Team Defender as a group.  I played some with PUGs and it would lend itself to being really fun with a group working together.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 09, 2011, 06:32:27 PM »

Playing Kill Confirmed as a sniper without group coordination would be close to useless.  Unless you're a bunnyhopping, quickscoping jackwagon, that is.

Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 09, 2011, 06:41:09 PM »

I've been playing Domination pretty exclusively so far. I'll give Kill Confirmed a try tonight though as it sounds fun. There really are a ton of modes to play.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: November 09, 2011, 06:53:13 PM »

I just went 20-6 on non-Hardcore TDM. Sheesh.

Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 09, 2011, 07:20:08 PM »

I heard Hark and others last night mentioning the slower movement speed and how much it bothered them.  I didn't notice it at all.  Is it significantly different from Black Ops?  Granted, I haven't played BLOPS in months, but I thought the movement speed felt about the same. 

If anything, a slightly lower speed is something I'm in favor of, as there were numerous occasions last night when I came across an enemy and was able to bring sights up and get the kill rather than die instantly.  Delightful.

XBox Live:  JNacht
BuckeyeShane
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 09, 2011, 07:31:08 PM »

Anyone please feel free to add me to your friends list as I'd like to participate with the GT crew.  Buckeyeshane 1
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 09, 2011, 07:53:09 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on November 09, 2011, 05:55:55 PM

I have my Blindeye and Assassin. Now if I could just hit somebody I'd be dangerous...

Quote from: jztemple2 on November 09, 2011, 06:53:13 PM

Wah.   icon_wink

Quote from: Boudreaux on November 09, 2011, 07:20:08 PM

I heard Hark and others last night mentioning the slower movement speed and how much it bothered them.  I didn't notice it at all.  Is it significantly different from Black Ops?  Granted, I haven't played BLOPS in months, but I thought the movement speed felt about the same. 

Having played a fair bit of Black Ops in anticipation of MW3, I can attest to their observations.  The movement in MW3 is slower, and noticeably so.   However, I've been using the perk that allows you to move faster while ADS and it has been quite helpful, at least for my skill level (or lack thereof).  You actually move faster in ADS than normal. 

If anything, a slightly lower speed is something I'm in favor of, as there were numerous occasions last night when I came across an enemy and was able to bring sights up and get the kill rather than die instantly.  Delightful.

I need to readjust my play style once again to get back to moving slowly and methodically.  In Black Ops it was forgiving enough that you could do a little bit of run-and-gun, but MW3 seems to punish it mercilessly.  Yet there are times when I try hard to move slowly and methodically only be to ambushed by four enemies all sprinting full-out.   disgust

Ultimately I just need more time with the game.  Like now!

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 09, 2011, 08:00:29 PM »

Quote from: Covenant on November 09, 2011, 06:41:09 PM

I've been playing Domination pretty exclusively so far. I'll give Kill Confirmed a try tonight though as it sounds fun. There really are a ton of modes to play.

do you spell your XBL tag the same as your GT tag?,i just went to accept your friend request,but i pressed up by accident at the last minute and instead I blocked you,LOL,i tried sending you a FR back,but it says your tag does not exist icon_confused

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 09, 2011, 08:19:19 PM »

Quote from: Boudreaux on November 09, 2011, 07:20:08 PM

The slower movement speeds are taking some getting used to, but in the big picture it's probably a good thing since it'll make it easier to reduce how much lag discrepancies occur, or at least the magnitude of those discrepancies. 
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 09, 2011, 08:24:19 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 09, 2011, 08:00:29 PM

Quote from: Covenant on November 09, 2011, 06:41:09 PM

do you spell your XBL tag the same as your GT tag?,i just went to accept your friend request,but i pressed up by accident at the last minute and instead I blocked you,LOL,i tried sending you a FR back,but it says your tag does not exist icon_confused

It's Covenant72
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 09, 2011, 08:26:38 PM »

I accidentally added Convent72.  Man, those were some interesting rounds.  eek

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 09, 2011, 08:28:57 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 09, 2011, 07:53:09 PM

Quote from: jztemple2 on November 09, 2011, 05:55:55 PM

Quote from: jztemple2 on November 09, 2011, 06:53:13 PM

Wah.   icon_wink

Actually I now have Blindeye Pro and Assassin Pro. But they really aren't all that much of a help that you might think.

Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 09, 2011, 08:32:30 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on November 09, 2011, 08:26:38 PM

Huh?
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 09, 2011, 08:40:40 PM »

Quote from: Covenant on November 09, 2011, 08:32:30 PM

Quote from: Isgrimnur on November 09, 2011, 08:26:38 PM

Huh?

Convent not Covenant, he added the wrong person slywink
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 09, 2011, 08:41:59 PM »

lol oh Convent. 3 hours sleep last night. The eyes are not doing so hot.  slywink
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 09, 2011, 08:54:19 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 09, 2011, 07:53:09 PM

I need to readjust my play style once again to get back to moving slowly and methodically.  In Black Ops it was forgiving enough that you could do a little bit of run-and-gun, but MW3 seems to punish it mercilessly.  Yet there are times when I try hard to move slowly and methodically only be to ambushed by four enemies all sprinting full-out.   disgust

I've gotten to where I almost don't even register when I die in CoD, unless it happens several times in a row.  Near the end of a match I have a pretty good idea of how many kills I got, but I hardly ever know what my death count is.  It's usually around 1:1, but there have been an awful lot of matches where I see the endgame scoreboard and say "I died 18 timesREALLY?!"

Ultimately I just need more time with the game.  Like now!

This is why I had no qualms buying the game.  I knew I'd get sucked right back in after only a few games.  Working until 6pm tonight is going to draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.   retard

XBox Live:  JNacht
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 09, 2011, 09:11:56 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 09, 2011, 03:44:45 PM

There are times when my soldier seems to take one or two hits and goes down, although the replay seems to show an entire clip being emptied.   retard  So the lag associated with kills continues to frustrate me.  Not only do I die a lot, but I seem to die fast.  Ridiculously fast.

ahh,i have noticed that as well,i thought it was just me and i was trying to figure out an excuse on why i was doing crap paranoid

I just got Hardline to Pro,which now not only lets you get your killstreak award with one less kill,2 assists now count towards 1 kill for the kill steak,and as i am the Assist king this is just right for me

Reduces the amount of kills required for any killstreak by one.

Pro Ability: Two kill assists add one kill towards your next killstreak. Deathstreaks require one less death.

shame i have to have this or Assassin though and not both,but as long as Blind Eye can keep me away from the spawn killing helicopters,then i am fine

Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 09, 2011, 09:58:33 PM »

my copy is going back! I did not pay for MW3 only to play building models from previous games!!
http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/224774/is-modern-warfare-3-reusing-buildings-from-previous-call-of-duty-games/

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: November 09, 2011, 11:11:24 PM »

Quote from: Roman on November 09, 2011, 09:58:33 PM

my copy is going back! I did not pay for MW3 only to play building models from previous games!!
http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/224774/is-modern-warfare-3-reusing-buildings-from-previous-call-of-duty-games/

why is this even news?  companies reuse art assets pretty much every time.
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 10, 2011, 01:00:56 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 09, 2011, 11:11:24 PM

why is this even news?  companies reuse art assets pretty much every time.

We paid $60+ for NEW assets, damn't!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 10, 2011, 02:40:48 AM »

well,while everyone else has been playing the online,I have finished the Single Player campaign

[chrisgriffin]IT WAS AWESOME!![/chrisgriffin]

well,i wouldn't go that far,but i did enjoy it but take into account that i have only liked the Modern Warfare campaigns and not really enjoyed W@W and Blops

this one though seemed to be all about spectacle,some of the back drops were very stunning..example in the spoilers
Spoiler for Hiden:
The Eiffel Tower falling(which made me sing America,FUCK YEAH!!)
or The New York Skyline when you were boarding the submerged submarine

It did get a bit samey,doing the same things but in a different environment or country,but i pretty much expected that from past CODs

It will be interesting where IW(or Sledgehammer)will go from here when its their turn for a new COD title

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 10, 2011, 03:11:37 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 09, 2011, 11:11:24 PM

why is this even news?  companies reuse art assets pretty much every time.

What, no one noticed the Marley & Griffin Moving truck? It's a classic!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 03:22:23 AM by jztemple2 » Logged

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 10, 2011, 03:15:29 AM »

Metallic, it must get better then because I played SP for about an hour to get my FPS vision back (oye it's making me nauseated) and thus far it's trying so hard to be outstanding, but it's just terrible and stupid.  There are some cool interactive cut scenes, but overall it's just preposterous.

And stale. SO SO stale.

MP probably by Friday.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: