http://gamingtrend.com
April 21, 2014, 07:46:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Call of Duty:Modern Warfare 3  (Read 22970 times)
denoginizer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: November 08, 2011, 04:05:27 PM »

Wow.  I am terrible at this game.  

I felt like I was moderately competent at MW2 and never played BLOPS.  But I cannot find a groove in MW3.  It seems like I lose every face off.  

Other than sucking at it, I do like the way it plays.  Seems like the movement speed has been reduced across the board and the maps are well laid out.  You never feel secure in a spot because there always seems to be multiple paths to flank every position.

I got the game this morning as soon as Best Buy opened, and jumped online as soon as I got home.  I had to laugh as I was a level 1 in a room full of 30's and 40s'.   icon_lol
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 04:10:15 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 08, 2011, 04:08:47 PM »

I definitely think they lowered movement speed.  I think I like it, but it's taking getting used to.  Should make it easier for people to hit things that had trouble before, but it will also make it harder to get to cover under fire and it was already almost impossible.  I feel like my sprint is always empty and I'm plodding along.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 08, 2011, 04:13:48 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 08, 2011, 03:58:33 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxTYMe74v9U

Here's me joining up with Romy, but getting put on the other team.  My team was down and there was a TON of crap in the air.  I shot it all down, got a crate out of it, and in that crate was the juggernaut armor.  So I used it...

I'll keep my channel updating with videos.  I also went elite so I'll have bigger better ones too.

edit:  there, started the playlist   Hark's MW3 Playlist

Is Elite working properly for you?  I registered for free, linked my gamertag, but it keeps telling me I have no MP data, including Black Ops.   saywhat  It gives me a notice that I have to play at least one Black Ops match in order for stats to start compiling, but I've played plenty.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 08, 2011, 04:48:18 PM »

Elite is all sorts of f'd up, both the on console version and the web version.  You really can't be dropping the ball like this after all the promotion AND taking money up front.  finger
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 08, 2011, 04:53:02 PM »

Is there a lightweight/marathon/commando build in this game?

And can you dual wield shotguns?

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 08, 2011, 05:12:43 PM »

Ron's review is up:  http://gamingtrend.com/game_reviews/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-review/

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 08, 2011, 05:17:51 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 08, 2011, 04:53:02 PM

Is there a lightweight/marathon/commando build in this game?

And can you dual wield shotguns?

not really, but sorta

not sure, haven't used enough to really check

There is a perk that lets you sprint longer, but not one that makes you faster (and you move slower overall)

There is a profiency depending on your weapon that makes your melee attack faster/recover faster
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 08, 2011, 05:40:49 PM »

I should have this delivered by the time I get home from work tonight.  If I can pull myself away from Rocksmith, I'll be playing on the 360.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #368 on: November 08, 2011, 06:17:13 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 08, 2011, 05:12:43 PM

By four minutes you beat me to this link. You bastard. biggrin

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 08, 2011, 08:27:52 PM »

What are the regular package, hardened package, and veteran package unlocks you can get by spending tokens?  Any chance I can get away with asking this question without someone commenting on how I don't know what a hardened package is for?
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #370 on: November 08, 2011, 08:28:49 PM »

Probably not.

CeeKay is, without a shadow of a doubt in my mind, gathering image links as I type this message.

Your vomit will likely make it's appearance when the slideshow moves into the "veteran package" materials.  saywhat

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 08, 2011, 09:19:43 PM »

Game purchased thanks to finding a $50 best buy gift card while cleaning over the weekend. Now I just have to wait until I get out of work at 7:00 to play.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 08, 2011, 10:20:12 PM »

The presentation on the hardened edition is quite nice. Box is heyooge tho.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 08, 2011, 10:32:12 PM »

Got mine, playing MP now. "Strongly recommend playing campaign first", huh? No way slywink slywink

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 08, 2011, 11:06:52 PM »

I entered my Elite code on the dashboard, now what am I supposed to do? I tried logging in through their console Elite app, but it just keeps hanging at the "logging in..." step. Do I just wait till later when the servers aren't being so hammered? Or is there some web page to go to instead?

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: November 08, 2011, 11:10:09 PM »

hmm,i can see Hardhat map becoming a map i will get fed up of easily,only played 12 or so matches today and must of played Hardhat 5-6times already,i am already sighing when it appears icon_cry

compared to Black Ops,i am ultra shit at this game,but that first death streak perk,is all kinds of useless(Sprint faster for 7 seconds when spawning),i usually spend the first few seconds checking out the mini map

however i am still enjoying it and i can only get better..right?

very much enjoying the single player as well,graphics do look ...well,nicer,some people may say its a tired game engine but i think it does the job just fine,just about to start Act II(my time on the single player says 2hrs 38minutes)

and yeah Elite is still screwed,i managed to get on with my 360 on the second try(and it took forever to load up),but then when i selected another feature,it failed and sent me back to the start screen..and i can't even get on on the net

so,are you guys levelling up one weapon or are you flying through as many as you can and levelling them all evenly?

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 09, 2011, 03:49:49 AM »

I'm sticking with one weapon for now just to get the feel of it.

I'm loving the game, the maps, the speed... I may not bother to go to hardcore nod. I also like the support versus assault killstreaks, since I like to be helping the whole team.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 09, 2011, 05:17:39 AM »

Well, that didn't last long. Between a coming down with a case of fuckitall this evening and the epiphany that I buy shooters to play online with my friends, I walked into a Gamestop 10 minutes before close and purchased MW3. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 09, 2011, 05:41:42 AM »

Well they definitely helped the noob player out.  I played for 2 hours and got to level 20.  I got 3 Pro Perks in 2 hours and I didn't get a single one the entire time I played BLOPS.  I went 206-201 and won and lost 10 games.  The Support kill streaks are such a great addition, I would have gotten maybe 2 all night, but with the carry over I got somewhere around 20.  I even got to call in a Stealth Bomber.  Very fun!!
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 09, 2011, 05:57:32 AM »

Also I got a kill tonight by throwing a grenade and it hit someone and killed them without exploding first.  It showed the icon like when you noob tube someone in the stomach.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 09, 2011, 06:20:35 AM »

I was jumping between different weapons in load-outs, but it got kind of frustrating so I'm just sticking with one default assault rifle for now and playing with the other options like perks and kill streaks.

Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 09, 2011, 07:59:00 AM »

I think the default rifle, the m14a1 or whatever its called... Is the best assault rifle until you hit the ACR. Three bursts weapons have been impossible for me to use with the hit detection or lag. So far the game has been a total blast.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 09, 2011, 12:11:31 PM »

Anyone else kind of miss the giant "OMG YOU LEVELED UP" stuff they used to throw across the middle of your screen? I found that having it in the upper right is so unobtrusive that I'd frequently miss it, even with the sound effect.

Had fun last night.  Leveling seemed way faster than the previous COD games, and I made it up to lvl 18 or so over three hours.  Maybe they were okay with speeding up player leveling because of the introduction of weapon levels as well.  Either way, I like it.  Of course, I still suck something fierce.  Getting kills was rough.  Still trying to decide on a primary I really dig.  Loving the support class just because it actually allows me to get kill streaks for a change.

Grimwar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 09, 2011, 12:14:56 PM »

Please tell me there is a way to turn off voice chat in this.  I can't find it and I can not tolerate listening to all the punk ass high school kids and college frat bros.  Man, their stupidity makes me rage.

Playing: Nothing really.  Bring on Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 09, 2011, 12:33:40 PM »

You can set voice chat to friends only, or you can start an XBL party of one.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 09, 2011, 12:50:21 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on November 09, 2011, 05:17:39 AM

Well, that didn't last long. Between a coming down with a case of fuckitall this evening and the epiphany that I buy shooters to play online with my friends, I walked into a Gamestop 10 minutes before close and purchased MW3. 

Fuckitall.. and Forum Effect. Helping gamers buy games they can't afford and have no time for since..  icon_lol
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 09, 2011, 01:42:16 PM »

Spent a little over 3 hours in MP with fellow GTers and had a blast. My gripes with the game are the same ones from the previous 50 COD games: hit detection and that f*cking knife.

Got up to level 20 using just the assault rifles. So far I really like all of them. The M4 and M16 were great. The 4th assault rifle was ok, but I quickly moved away from it. My favorite so far is the silenced SCAR with the kick attachment. Silent death with no recoil? Yes please.

Can't wait to jump back into the fray tonight.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 09, 2011, 01:43:00 PM »

Just a quick question..

What does this mean?
 "Call of Duty Elite’s premium tier adds the Modern Warfare 3 DLC delivered monthly throughout the 9 month DLC season"

Is the map packs that they sell throughout the year will be free is I sign up for this?   Or is this something else?

Thanks
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 09, 2011, 01:50:52 PM »

Quote from: Morgul on November 09, 2011, 01:43:00 PM

Just a quick question..

What does this mean?
 "Call of Duty Elite’s premium tier adds the Modern Warfare 3 DLC delivered monthly throughout the 9 month DLC season"

Is the map packs that they sell throughout the year will be free is I sign up for this?   Or is this something else?

Thanks

Yes. If you do the annual you get all of the dlc delivered during that time for 'free' and get to keep if if your sub lapses.

Word on the street is that Elite is still borked tho.
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 09, 2011, 01:56:55 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 09, 2011, 01:50:52 PM

Quote from: Morgul on November 09, 2011, 01:43:00 PM

Just a quick question..

What does this mean?

Thanks

Yes. If you do the annual you get all of the dlc delivered during that time for 'free' and get to keep if if your sub lapses.

Word on the street is that Elite is still borked tho.

Cool thanks. 
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: November 09, 2011, 02:05:03 PM »

This is a game I play throughout the year.  Burnt it up for a month or three, then not play it for a month or two, then throw it in again.

Buddies stop in, throw it in and pass controller, etc.   

I am not sure why its addictive like a TBS game or something. 

Not having to keep up with the latest map packs and crap is good for a guy like me. 

Just pay now and get it over with sounds good.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 09, 2011, 02:08:35 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on November 09, 2011, 12:11:31 PM

Anyone else kind of miss the giant "OMG YOU LEVELED UP" stuff they used to throw across the middle of your screen? I found that having it in the upper right is so unobtrusive that I'd frequently miss it, even with the sound effect.

Yes, I had the exact same thought. I mean, I understand why they did it (because I had certainly had my view blocked by the notifications in the past), but now my eyes are darting to the top right anyway when I hear the music.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Hiccup
Gaming Trend Reader

I have personal text.

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 09, 2011, 02:17:54 PM »

Loving the support package.  The recon drone is wonderful, slight stun when an enemy is tagged, tag assassins and other radar resistant perks (basically have to be right on top of them though).

Racking up massive assists and points using it.  Had one match where I has 21 assists.

Just a little hiccup.
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 09, 2011, 02:18:13 PM »

not only that but when your equipment levels up it plays the same tune - I can't remember if it was my player level or weapon level etc.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 09, 2011, 02:32:06 PM »

Too funny.  I was more hit by how much pop-up text and audio fanfares they throw at you in this game.  Bramp! Boopadoop!  Attention!  Breep! I felt like I was being notified of something new every 5 seconds.  That's CoD for you, though.

I had a ridiculous amount of fun with this last night.  It was great trying out all the new killstreak rewards, it was awesome hearing how much the... K/D ratio impaired GT crew members were thriving on the new support package, and it was good to again see the GT "kill anything in the sky in 10 seconds or less or your money back" philosophy back in action.

Teleporting knives are still BS, weird lag-related deaths are still BS, I wish there were more maps that'd let me snipe, dual wielding is still puppies, blahbety bloopy blah, having too much fun to care.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 09, 2011, 02:42:36 PM »

I'm normally Mr. Here Let Me Blow Up Your Plane, but I was finding that I kept mistaking all the blowing dust and debris for the UAVs, so actually spotting them to blow up was kind of a pain.

Actually, I kept on mistaking blowing debris or map clutter for enemies on the ground too.  Not that I could hit either one if my life depended on it.  Which it usually does.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 09, 2011, 02:53:00 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on November 09, 2011, 07:59:00 AM

I think the default rifle, the m14a1 or whatever its called... Is the best assault rifle until you hit the ACR. Three bursts weapons have been impossible for me to use with the hit detection or lag. So far the game has been a total blast.

I also really like the first AR. I've also gotten some good use out of the UMP45 on smaller maps as well.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 09, 2011, 03:23:55 PM »

Is there a "Platoon" system in COD Elite (free) like there is for BF3?
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 09, 2011, 03:34:59 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on November 08, 2011, 04:05:27 PM

Wow.  I am terrible at this game.  

I felt like I was moderately competent at MW2 and never played BLOPS.  But I cannot find a groove in MW3.  It seems like I lose every face off.  

Other than sucking at it, I do like the way it plays.  Seems like the movement speed has been reduced across the board and the maps are well laid out.  You never feel secure in a spot because there always seems to be multiple paths to flank every position.

I got the game this morning as soon as Best Buy opened, and jumped online as soon as I got home.  I had to laugh as I was a level 1 in a room full of 30's and 40s'.   icon_lol

I had the complete opposite experience.  I suck at MW2 but in the 3 games I played, I did quiet well.  Here I was only level 1, not knowing the maps and everyone else is level 30+ but I had a very good K/D.  I think maybe the slower pace suits my play style or I just got really lucky.

This game made me realize how perfect the controls/aiming is in COD games since I was recently playing Uncharted 3.  I'm pretty sure the smooth framerate also has something to do with it.
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 09, 2011, 03:44:01 PM »

Yeah, I tried Battlefield 3 when it came out and absolutely SUCKED at it, with no improvement with practice.  With MW3 on the other hand, I was racking up XP and even managed to place 2nd in one of my matches. 

Question... whats the easiest way to get a decent GT friends list together for this game so I can play with you guys more? Do I need to go through the gamertag lst and just add everyone, or is there a group/guid type system where you can just join something in game andget automatched with others in that group? I havn't done a lot of multiplayer in the past, so my current friends list is pretty pitiful.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: