http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 01:22:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 42   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Call of Duty:Black Ops [Impressions start @ page 12]  (Read 60012 times)
WalkingFumble
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: December 19, 2010, 04:09:50 AM »

Quote from: ATB on December 09, 2010, 03:05:39 PM

Congrats to me for hitting 1.85 last night!  My new personal best in KD. (and no, I won't be updating with every .01 of progress.  Though I know you want me to).

Quote from: ATB on December 19, 2010, 03:41:40 AM

-.03 tonight!  <groan!>

icon_twisted

XBL: I3L00DFUMBLE  -  132,578     |     PSN: WalkingFumble     |     Nintendo Revolution:  1440 9434 2198 4442
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: December 19, 2010, 04:45:38 AM »

It's really irritating to have a friend bail in the middle of a round to play with other friends and leave the team high and dry.  How is another 3 minutes going to really kill you?  That shows bad form imo.

I would have an amazing K/D if I bailed on every game that I was getting my ass kicked.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: December 19, 2010, 05:06:49 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on December 19, 2010, 04:45:38 AM

It's really irritating to have a friend bail in the middle of a round to play with other friends and leave the team high and dry.  How is another 3 minutes going to really kill you?  That shows bad form imo.

I would have an amazing K/D if I bailed on every game that I was getting my ass kicked.

+1

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: December 19, 2010, 01:43:14 PM »

Meh.  I very rarely do that and your insinuation is unappreciated.

It only got worse from there. It was just a bad night.

And I'm so sure the team was 'high and dry". Let's not be melodramatic.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: December 19, 2010, 01:55:03 PM »

We were winning, until you left.  Just because you were doing poorly didn't mean the team was.  Check the theater replay of that round.  (for the record, I never said it was you, but you did... guilt much?)

Doing something once, is enough to show your character.  I don't often step on little puppies heads, I only did it that one time!  You can't say I'm a mean, evil bastard for doing it once!  Sure that's extreme, but the point is the same. I understand wanting to quit if you're playing badly.  I understand wanting to quit to play with a different group of friends who recently logged on.  What I don't understand is why the hell can't you wait until the end of the round to do it?  It's just rude.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: December 19, 2010, 05:56:43 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on December 19, 2010, 01:55:03 PM

We were winning, until you left.  Just because you were doing poorly didn't mean the team was.  Check the theater replay of that round.  (for the record, I never said it was you, but you did... guilt much?)

Doing something once, is enough to show your character.  I don't often step on little puppies heads, I only did it that one time!  You can't say I'm a mean, evil bastard for doing it once!  Sure that's extreme, but the point is the same. I understand wanting to quit if you're playing badly.  I understand wanting to quit to play with a different group of friends who recently logged on.  What I don't understand is why the hell can't you wait until the end of the round to do it?  It's just rude.

And also a friends list kicking offense apparently icon_lol  Quit the drama queening. 
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: December 19, 2010, 07:17:57 PM »

my friends list is for people who want to play with me, I call these friends.  I left all names out of my posts to avoid drama queening.  In addition, I'm not the self centered sob who posts every minute change of his k/d when nobody cares.  (PS. If people are pm'ing you because they care so much, pm them your damn stats)
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: December 19, 2010, 08:50:11 PM »

Gaming Trend: tweenage girls edition! icon_lol

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: December 19, 2010, 09:16:25 PM »

No one cares about 99% of what I post.  So who cares?  

You're so uptight about the most absurd things.  

Also, no one has ever pm'd me about my kd.  That was a funny!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 09:18:27 PM by ATB » Logged
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: December 19, 2010, 09:34:39 PM »

I thought COD stood for Call of Duty.
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: December 19, 2010, 10:57:21 PM »

Quote from: Bob on December 19, 2010, 09:34:39 PM

Clearly, you thought wrong.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: December 19, 2010, 11:35:40 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on December 19, 2010, 10:57:21 PM

icon_confused ?

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: December 20, 2010, 12:03:12 AM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on December 19, 2010, 11:35:40 PM

icon_confused ?

I think they mean the D stands for something else, something that starts with D and ends with rama.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: December 20, 2010, 12:31:51 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 20, 2010, 12:03:12 AM

Quote from: USMC Kato on December 19, 2010, 11:35:40 PM

icon_confused ?

I think they mean the D stands for something else, something that starts with D and ends with rama.

Maybe Dr D Rama Naidu?

Or diorama-o-rama?

More?

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: December 20, 2010, 12:59:32 PM »

Call of Dramamine?
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: December 20, 2010, 01:19:17 PM »

speaking of dramamine - Pete was some loaded last night and talking about his desire for a run to the Waffle House. Good fun last night.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: December 20, 2010, 04:53:49 PM »

Ended the week back at 1.88 with a weekly kd just under two.  Dropped .03 overall on the weekend and .5 on the week these last coupla play sessions.  Brutal, just brutal.
Trying to find a new gun as I'm just not getting along with the galil right now.  Aug seems to be a good gap filler until I get the commando back.  Not crazy about the extended clip size though.

Played a bit with pedro last night.  Got to pick up his lovely blue commando here and there.  Prettiest gun I ever seen.   That was nice.  
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 04:57:31 PM by ATB » Logged
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: December 20, 2010, 05:09:24 PM »

Quote from: Roman on December 20, 2010, 01:19:17 PM

speaking of dramamine - Pete was some loaded last night and talking about his desire for a run to the Waffle House. Good fun last night.

ninja

wasted

Never did get those waffles.  But man I wanted some.  Just a bit too much celebrating after the Eagles win. 

Reached level 49 last night, so I'm hoping to prestige for the 2nd time later today.  After waffles, of course.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: December 20, 2010, 05:09:53 PM »

the first map pack is due out on February 1st according to Major Nelson's podcast.  it's also a 360 timed exclusive.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: December 20, 2010, 05:11:35 PM »

Quote from: ATB on December 20, 2010, 04:53:49 PM

Played a bit with pedro last night.  Got to pick up his lovely blue commando here and there.  Prettiest gun I ever seen.   That was nice.  

Fabulous

You should see my tiger-striped Galil with matching orange lens and reticle. 

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: December 20, 2010, 05:14:21 PM »

I haven't had that much time to play this recently, and the few times I've logged on nobody from my friends list has been playing. As a result, I normally play a game or two before turning the xbox off and just watching some TV. And I don't see myself having any more time the next few weeks. I'll be getting up at 4:00AM the next two weeks for work, which means I'll be going to bed around 8:30-9:00. Hopefully people will still be playing this after christmas.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
ras752000
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: December 20, 2010, 05:19:16 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 20, 2010, 05:09:53 PM

the first map pack is due out on February 1st according to Major Nelson's podcast.  it's also a 360 timed exclusive.
Well, that's only proper since working multiplayer was also an xbox timed exclusive too.

PSN=ras752000
Steam=ras752000gt
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: December 20, 2010, 06:13:03 PM »

Quote from: Roman on December 20, 2010, 01:19:17 PM

Running around shooting people in the face while listening to Pete's calm-spoken culinary monologue was highly entertaining.  It was like going on a Spec Ops mission with Bobby Flay.  "I like to season the shrimp and let them rest awhile before grilling" - BLAM - "and then grill over a really high heat for a short time" - BLAM BLAM - "before moving over to low heat to finish up." <STAB>   icon_lol

Now I just need to get my stupid headset fixed. 

XBox Live:  JNacht
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: December 21, 2010, 02:15:53 AM »

Quote from: ras752000 on December 20, 2010, 05:19:16 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on December 20, 2010, 05:09:53 PM

Well, that's only proper since working multiplayer was also an xbox timed exclusive too.

Oh snap!  icon_biggrin Isn't it the truth?

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: December 21, 2010, 03:06:22 AM »

I've become everything I hate!  I LOVE the rc-xd!
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: December 21, 2010, 12:23:59 PM »

This is the first time I've really enjoyed this series and I love playing with you guys. I'm still not good at the game by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm definitely getting better. It's definitely a result of just putting the reps in.  Also, some great recommendations from Hark regarding perks and equipment that I'm really enjoying.  Hopefully, by the time the next one comes out, I'll be average!

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: December 21, 2010, 12:44:03 PM »

I think you're coming along great Ike, best advice anyone can give is to just not let the game get under your skin when you do poorly. 
Roman

View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: December 21, 2010, 12:58:35 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on December 21, 2010, 12:44:03 PM

I think you're coming along great Ike, best advice anyone can give is to just not let the game get under your skin when you do poorly. 
thumbsup thumbsup

Great advice. Like water off a duck's back - that is how I try to approach it.

IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: December 21, 2010, 01:16:46 PM »

Exactly. For me personally, I need to not pay too much attention to my k/d. This prestige, I've been trying to get 75 kills with all of the guns except the sniper rifles just to get a feel for what works for me. I've also been using the contracts to try gametypes and attachments I ordinarily wouldn't. When I'm playing with people I know I try to stick with a "safe" loadout but overall my k/ d suffers. I also try not to look at my stats during a round as I find that it frustrates or jinxes me. When I get killed, I take a deep breath and try not to get angry. Little things like pulling up my sights before I go around corners and checking my six regularly help a lot.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: December 21, 2010, 01:33:51 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on December 21, 2010, 01:16:46 PM

Exactly. For me personally, I need to not pay too much attention to my k/d. This prestige, I've been trying to get 75 kills with all of the guns except the sniper rifles just to get a feel for what works for me. I've also been using the contracts to try gametypes and attachments I ordinarily wouldn't. When I'm playing with people I know I try to stick with a "safe" loadout but overall my k/ d suffers. I also try not to look at my stats during a round as I find that it frustrates or jinxes me. When I get killed, I take a deep breath and try not to get angry. Little things like pulling up my sights before I go around corners and checking my six regularly help a lot.

thumbsup
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: December 21, 2010, 01:40:04 PM »

I don't check my k/d at all anymore, nor do I look at leaderboards much.  I decided when I scored the game early this time that I was just going to experiment with everything so I could answer people's questions and to hell with k/d.  I do need to look at my in-game score less, I've finally stopped hitting it every death.  I do still hit it when I can't find anyone to make sure the other team didn't all bail though.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: December 21, 2010, 03:06:12 PM »

That has been the key to my occasional success and continued play.  I ignore my k/d as I find it dictates how I play the game.  I'm less likely to try a different perk or a new weapon for fear of doing poorly.  I couldn't even tell you what my k/d ratio is.  Although I can tell you that my k/d ratio for the week was better than pr0ner's.   icon_twisted

In the past I'd get frustrated, angry, irritated, and those feelings would eventually overcome the general enjoyment I get out of the game.  This time around I may comment on frustrating aspects of the game, but I'm not even close to the level of raging asshat as I had been in the past.  Providing soothing, calm, culinary commentary helps to calm my nerves as well.   icon_wink

My game has improved considerably, I've tried far more weapons than I ever did in the past, and I'm about to prestige a second time whereas in past games I never got around to doing it even once.  RC-XD cars, knifing, and penis emblems aside, I think this is the best COD yet (at least for MP, as I haven't even really played much of the SP).  And I've had even more fun playing with friends than ever before.  Even with Ike despite his reverberating headset and Hark's damned voice of reason and logic.   icon_wink

This week on Cooking with PeteRock we'll be utilizing the ghost and hacker perks along with a silenced Commando while learning how to prepare the perfect pork loin served with a mustard, garlic, and thyme crust and accompanied by roasted root vegetables.  Fabulous

Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: December 21, 2010, 03:36:52 PM »

Top weapons in the game?   (Depending on level?)   
Any input here, aside from blowing it all off on personal preference?  I would like to see if there is something I am missing or have not thought of.

I am 50 now and getting ready to prestige.  These are the weapons I used, although I tried many.  Allot I didnt like due to the kickback on them, but perhaps if I spent more $ on attachements or different perks like the grip they would have grown on me)

Shotgun- Spaz ?

SMG- ak74u

Assault- M16 - Famas - Galil - AK47 - Commando

Light machine gun - Stoner <-- my favorite weapon

Sniper Rifle- (I do not know shit about these, I cant seem to "get it"..   But, a friend of mine does amazing stuff in close combat with one, but No idea how he does it.  But he sends me the films so I can gawk)
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: December 21, 2010, 04:47:17 PM »

Since Kato and Hark intro'd me to the commando, I use that exclusively from level 44 and up.

Unilt that point I had been switchiing between the galilil and famas...but am now favoring the aug. 

I also experiment with the subs.  The mac 11 is fun and so is the spectre.

Otherwise, I'm terrible at sniping so I ignore them and the m60 is the only lmg I've tried.

And it sounds like ur friend is one of those no scoping bastards! disgust mad icon_wink
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: December 21, 2010, 04:56:57 PM »

My first time through the levels I focused on Assault Rifles. I really enjoyed the commando and galil weapons, but focused on the Enfield because I wanted to see how many challenge levels the weapon had. Every time I was convinced that I was at the last level, there would be another one ready to mock me.

This prestige I've worked on the lmg's. The HK21 is a great early weapon, with very little recoil. The range isn't that great, and the gun seems to work just like the assault rifles in the game. I love the M60, but that has a slow rate of fire so it's best used in areas with long site lines. The RPK isn't that great (too much recoil). The Stoner seems like an upgraded version of the HK21. I will switch over to it, but I only need something like 25 more kills with the HK21 to unlock a 7,500 XP challenge. Once I do that I'll switch over to the Stoner.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: December 21, 2010, 05:49:26 PM »

as an FYI, the range on all the LMG's is excellent because most of them (the m60 is the exception) have zero damage drop-off even at extreme range.  They do 40 up close, and 40 at max range.  The M60 does 50 up close and 40 at max. 

The Stoner is awesome, but the rate of fire and limited ammo make it the only gun I recommend scavenger over ghost for.  This is why I don't use it.  I can't live without Ghost Pro, it's too useful.

The Galil is objectively the best gun in most categories, having extra rounds per mag, extra total mags, decent recoil, good iron sights (this one is subjective) and good damage. 

The AK-47 and Commando are identical in almost every respect with the Commando being better in reload time and raise/lower time (which is time it takes to switch weapons) 

The G11 is also a mighty fine weapon. smile
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: December 21, 2010, 06:34:46 PM »

Quote from: ATB on December 21, 2010, 04:47:17 PM

Since Kato and Hark intro'd me to the commando, I use that exclusively from level 44 and up.

Unilt that point I had been switchiing between the galilil and famas...but am now favoring the aug.  

I also experiment with the subs.  The mac 11 is fun and so is the spectre.

Otherwise, I'm terrible at sniping so I ignore them and the m60 is the only lmg I've tried.

And it sounds like ur friend is one of those no scoping bastards! disgust mad icon_wink

Yea, he fights up close with it. And just lays people out one shot, one kill..  Then moves around while its reloading and kills again..  and again..

His last video was on jungle, where the rock cliff overhangs that folks snipe from.  He jumped off that cliff, and while falling in the air, shoots a guy dead that is running on the "walkway" opposite the cliff.  I honestly have no idea how he does that shit.

I have to lay down on the stoner and spray bullets everywhere to hit hah...

Fooking young bucks and their twitch skills, ugh...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 06:43:31 PM by Morgul » Logged
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: December 21, 2010, 06:41:50 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on December 21, 2010, 05:49:26 PM

as an FYI, the range on all the LMG's is excellent because most of them (the m60 is the exception) have zero damage drop-off even at extreme range.  They do 40 up close, and 40 at max range.  The M60 does 50 up close and 40 at max. 

The Stoner is awesome, but the rate of fire and limited ammo make it the only gun I recommend scavenger over ghost for.  This is why I don't use it.  I can't live without Ghost Pro, it's too useful.

What does Ghost pro do?  I have never used ghost. 

For some reason, the Flak jacket seems to save my ass allot, And gives me "unexpected kills" when the enemy thinks their grenade cleared the room and walks on in..
I also use the one that lessens the amount of kills for killstreaks too sometimes for variety, since I tend to suck at the game/kill streaks.   

And yea, I run out of ammo pretty often on the stoner.  I generally try to grab someone elses weapon, but it costs me my life sometimes too when I cannot find one.  But, with the extended mag and hardline , I can really lay down some lead and I like it.  It makes me giddy...
Roman

View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: December 21, 2010, 07:12:00 PM »

Stoner with extended mags = 65 rounds if memory serves. That is enough for me.

Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: December 21, 2010, 07:24:05 PM »

Quote from: Roman on December 21, 2010, 07:12:00 PM

Stoner with extended mags = 65 rounds if memory serves. That is enough for me.

Hear the Stoner's humming..   They're set on rock n roll..

While I am down in the fox hole..  sharpening my knife..  Along came a commie...   I had to take his life..

Shoot! Kill!  shoot to kill!

Airborne..
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 42   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: