http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 01:39:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Call of Duty:Black Ops [Impressions start @ page 12]  (Read 61254 times)
Nonnahob
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 15, 2010, 03:19:24 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on November 15, 2010, 03:09:47 PM

Last night I had a guy with a sniper rifle dive at my feet as I came up a set of stairs (he likely did this by accident), get up, and one-shot me in the head while his gun was aiming 3' above me.  I was firing on him the whole time, and I still didn't manage to kill him.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm pretty sure one of my best matches was done with the skorpion.  I'll have to muck with the other SMGs if that one's the worst.

I'm thinking the killcam is so far off in some games, it's not even worth looking at. I know that the worst matches that I have, I'm playing on a lousy connection. Hit detection can be a big issue if your connection to the host is crappy.

On a positive note, we were able to get 5 people into a lobby as a party last night with only two tries.... so hopefully that trend continues to get better.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 15, 2010, 03:47:20 PM »

Has anyone had any luck bringing a guest onto xbox live? My step-brother came over last night, and even though he had the option to sign in as a guest my connection to xbox live would instantly be dropped as soon as he signed in. This really limited what we could do. We couldn't even load up combat training, as you need to be connected to xbox live for some reason.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 15, 2010, 03:54:02 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on November 15, 2010, 03:47:20 PM

Has anyone had any luck bringing a guest onto xbox live? My step-brother came over last night, and even though he had the option to sign in as a guest my connection to xbox live would instantly be dropped as soon as he signed in. This really limited what we could do. We couldn't even load up combat training, as you need to be connected to xbox live for some reason.

My son and I played online yesterday with him as my guest just fine.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 15, 2010, 04:18:14 PM »

I have to respectfully disagree with Hiccup on his opinion of the last assault rifle G11. For players (like me) that thrive on burst weapons, the G11 is by far the best weapon you can get. The attachments do are not very good, but iron sights are all you need.
Remember that i only recommend this weapon only if you do well with burst weapons.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 15, 2010, 05:15:20 PM »

So here is the other clip I wanted to post. I have taken to using this route on Grid to get into one of the buildings because it can be used to surprise the enemy. However, the first time it is used, the glass must be broken. This time I did it, I started to swing and noticed an enemy come into view. You'll see me go into the corner afterward, and that's because I was laughing so hard that I had to stop playing smile

One odd thing - the picture on the gun belongs to the guy I killed, not me. A strange bug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq0vk-ht3n8

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Hiccup
Gaming Trend Reader

I have personal text.

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: November 15, 2010, 05:26:20 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on November 15, 2010, 04:18:14 PM

I have to respectfully disagree with Hiccup on his opinion of the last assault rifle G11. For players (like me) that thrive on burst weapons, the G11 is by far the best weapon you can get. The attachments do are not very good, but iron sights are all you need.
Remember that i only recommend this weapon only if you do well with burst weapons.

My problem is with the way burst weapons are handled in game, not necessarily the weapon itself.  It seems to me that the rounds in the burst are getting fractional damage compared to fully auto or semi auto weapons.

Just a little hiccup.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 15, 2010, 07:30:28 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on November 15, 2010, 03:54:02 PM

Quote from: msteelers on November 15, 2010, 03:47:20 PM

My son and I played online yesterday with him as my guest just fine.

My son and I played many hours of split-screen online this weekend and we only had a disconnect a few times. I mostly let my son run the menus since he's far more fluent with online play, but IIRC you have to wait for the join panel, then press the [A] button before you sign into your profile - otherwise you disconnect player 1. Hope that makes sense.  As well, I'm fairly certain Combat training only needs a sliver account - not 100% about that though.
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 15, 2010, 07:57:26 PM »

Quote from: Hiccup on November 15, 2010, 05:26:20 PM

My problem is with the way burst weapons are handled in game, not necessarily the weapon itself.  It seems to me that the rounds in the burst are getting fractional damage compared to fully auto or semi auto weapons.

On the right size map, the M16 is always my first choice. 2 hits w/ the 3 burst is usually a kill and at range it's very effective. I think it's all about what map you're running each gun on. I have a few I'll always run M16 or FAL (I have the G11 but damn I hate the sights you can buy for it) and I can hold my own pretty well, even in closer range situations. When you're in a laggy lobby hit detection can be off and that really makes it feel like the bursts are not doing any damage. I think the low damage feeling is more connection then the gun.

On small / medium size maps I think the assault rilfe or SMG is your smarter choice. An M16 probably isn't going to fare well (at least on average) on a map like nuketown where its a mad rushing spree (unless you camp your ass off in a room upstairs, obviously theres a caveat to all strats).

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 15, 2010, 09:47:05 PM »

I have to agree with Kato I picked this weapon up off someone I killed just to try it out as a burst weapon the accuracy is amazing.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 10:03:09 PM by pingwrx » Logged

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 15, 2010, 10:28:11 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmrIwg6xyzI&feature=player_embedded  wheeee!
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 15, 2010, 10:53:02 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 15, 2010, 10:28:11 PM

Nice job, Rambo.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 15, 2010, 11:01:55 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 15, 2010, 10:53:02 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on November 15, 2010, 10:28:11 PM

Nice job, Rambo.

I watched another one of Harks and I can confirm that that never happens to me.  It's like the bullets just miss him and everytime he connects with another player they die.  I must be doing it wrong.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 16, 2010, 12:44:40 AM »

It might have something to do with turning 57 a couple of months ago, but I finally gave up with regular TDM in Black Ops. It's not that my K/D is so bad, it's more that I got frustrated with my slow reaction times and poor eye-to-hand coordination. The breaking point for me was one map when several times I was sighting down my rifle, covering an approach point, and a guy would come running around the corner and shoot me. One even ran up to me and stabbed me. And all the while I'd be emptying my clip at him. So, obviously my mad skillz aren't up to standard mode.

So I switched to Hardcore TDM and hey, it's a lot of fun nod. And nicely enough, people are actually talking in a useful way, calling out enemies, etc. I have Hacker Pro so I'm calling out the locations of Claymores I see, plus other gizmos like sentry guns.

Speaking of sentry guns, I finally unlocked Ghost Pro. We were on Firing Range and I spotted a sentry gun. Of course I got killed a couple of times trying to get to it. When I told my team mates what I was trying to do they nicely fanned out and cleared me a path to gun. Yeeah!!!

Now I just need a grenade multi-kill...

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 16, 2010, 12:59:06 AM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on November 16, 2010, 12:44:40 AM

It might have something to do with turning 57 a couple of months ago, but I finally gave up with regular TDM in Black Ops. It's not that my K/D is so bad, it's more that I got frustrated with my slow reaction times and poor eye-to-hand coordination. The breaking point for me was one map when several times I was sighting down my rifle, covering an approach point, and a guy would come running around the corner and shoot me. One even ran up to me and stabbed me. And all the while I'd be emptying my clip at him. So, obviously my mad skillz aren't up to standard mode.

So I switched to Hardcore TDM and hey, it's a lot of fun nod. And nicely enough, people are actually talking in a useful way, calling out enemies, etc. I have Hacker Pro so I'm calling out the locations of Claymores I see, plus other gizmos like sentry guns.

Speaking of sentry guns, I finally unlocked Ghost Pro. We were on Firing Range and I spotted a sentry gun. Of course I got killed a couple of times trying to get to it. When I told my team mates what I was trying to do they nicely fanned out and cleared me a path to gun. Yeeah!!!

Now I just need a grenade multi-kill...
I like Hardcore TDM and been having a lot of fun in it lately too. Had several rounds earlier with most of the same group. No one was being obnoxious or hurling insults and were actually being helpful. Been going HC if I'm solo but haven't tried anything other than the TDM yet.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 16, 2010, 01:40:58 PM »

Man, I would love to actually play this game. I'm still having trouble finding matches quickly, even if I'm by myself. And last night I tried to play with my step-brother, but the BLOPS server was down. We got one or two games in before getting kicked off of the multiplayer. An hour later I tried again and was able to get in another round or two before I got the same error.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 16, 2010, 04:39:46 PM »

I uploaded a couple of clips this morning. The first one is just a span of a few seconds where every time I rounded a corner there was someone there. The highlight is when I take a few steps back only to see a knife go slashing above my head.  icon_eek

The next one is where I shot an enemy claymore and ended up with the winning kill because of it. I was just trying to complete one of the hacker perk challenges.  icon_biggrin

And here's a screenshot of me just missing a guy with a rocket.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 16, 2010, 04:41:18 PM »

I guess you could say ...  icon_cool ... he knew when to *duck*.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 16, 2010, 04:47:18 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on November 16, 2010, 04:41:18 PM

BOOOO
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 16, 2010, 04:47:53 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on November 16, 2010, 04:41:18 PM

he's not even ducking!  give me those sunglasses back!  no yeeeaaaahhhh for you!

Tongue

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 16, 2010, 04:51:53 PM »

Wow, tough room.  biggrin

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: November 16, 2010, 05:01:44 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on November 16, 2010, 04:51:53 PM

Wow, tough room.  biggrin

Ha I thought it was funny! thumbsup
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 16, 2010, 05:05:40 PM »

Thanks, leo.  smile

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 16, 2010, 05:43:42 PM »

I'm enjoying uploading various clips. Here is one from a match I played during my lunch break. I tossed a grenade to clear out a room and managed to kill one of those exploding toy cars. Then later in the match I tossed a grenade near where I had seen a couple of people a few moments before, and was rewarded with a triple kill!

I call it simply, "Grenades!"

I think my favorite part of the triple-kill clip is that there was a friendly exploding toy car who must have been pissed that everyone in front of him was suddenly cleared out by a grenade. He went from being able to kill 3-4 people, down to 1.  icon_lol

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 16, 2010, 06:19:10 PM »

some more things added to the upcoming patch list:

· Nuketown: Adjusted a spawn point that would spawn players on top of a mannequin’s head when that mannequin was randomly spawned in that location
· Disable ability to vote for a previous map twice in a row

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 16, 2010, 06:22:26 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 16, 2010, 06:19:10 PM

· Disable ability to vote for a previous map twice in a row

WHOOHOO!

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 16, 2010, 06:33:07 PM »

When is the patch?
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 17, 2010, 04:23:37 PM »

I had a lot of fun last night playing with Hark and Friends™ last night, even if I was the only one on the other team for most of the night.  All my verbal outbursts aside, it helped me de-stress after a rough day at work.  I hope my outbursts weren't too annoying to anyone.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 17, 2010, 04:25:22 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on November 17, 2010, 04:23:37 PM

I had a lot of fun last night playing with Hark and Friends™ last night, even if I was the only one on the other team for most of the night.  All my verbal outbursts aside, it helped me de-stress after a rough day at work.  I hope my outbursts weren't too annoying to anyone.

You are a better man than I. I played against the crew once in mw2 and that lasted about 3 minutes.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 17, 2010, 04:50:16 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on November 17, 2010, 04:23:37 PM

It certainly was a lot of fun.  While it's great to play with familiar faces on the same team, I've found it to be quite entertaining to have one or two (or even more) friends on the opposing team as well with all of us in the same party.  The conversations are a riot and I'd be lying if I said I didn't appreciate the nostalgia of hearing "Hi, Pete" immediately following a noob-toob to the chest.  Great fun.

I just wish I wasn't having so many issues with Live.  It was showing my connection to be fairly poor (something that hasn't really ever happened before, although on occasion our internet provider runs into issues once in a while), and even after my connection improved then I saw others with poor connections or I'd keep getting dropped from the party chat.  I eventually just dropped out for the night to head to sleep as the technical issues were even more frustrating than the game itself. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 18, 2010, 03:14:14 AM »

I finally managed to get the split-screen online working. What I was doing was waiting to assign the second player to the guest profile until prompted by the game, but that was consistently met with an error that kicked me off of xbox live. But if you sign the controller into the guest account before trying to access the multiplayer, it seems to work. I don't know why it made a difference, but it did.

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 18, 2010, 10:49:18 AM »

Patch is live now.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 18, 2010, 11:35:44 AM »

11/17 (full title update)
· Improved matchmaking to find matches significantly faster
· Improved matchmaking to ensure that players are more effectively matched to games with the best networking conditions
· Improved host selection to ensure that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby
· Improved party system to ensure that parties don’t get broken apart
· Disable ability to join Private Match, Combat Training and Theater lobbies when searching for Player Match games
· Server-side and game-side changes to decrease the amount of failed Film uploads
· Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
· Prevention of Combat Training stats getting crossed with Player Match stats under rare conditions
· Prevention of temporary loss of functionality when a button was being held down at the point of a disconnect
· Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire
· Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses
· Additional online security enhancements

hope these aren't lies!
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 18, 2010, 12:03:42 PM »

Please please please have footsteps fixed!
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 18, 2010, 12:18:06 PM »

I also picked up one of the new silver controllers, like the d-pad on it so far. Haven't tried anything d-pad intensive yet.

On topic, seems like the footsteps are fixed from comments I've seen.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 18, 2010, 01:59:55 PM »

now get working on the spawning
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: November 18, 2010, 02:40:10 PM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on November 18, 2010, 12:18:06 PM

Please excuse my ignorance on this, but what was the problem with the footsteps? I don't doubt there was a problem, rather I probably just assumed what was there was what they had intended.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 18, 2010, 03:41:47 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on November 18, 2010, 02:40:10 PM

Please excuse my ignorance on this, but what was the problem with the footsteps? I don't doubt there was a problem, rather I probably just assumed what was there was what they had intended.

The ninja perk was worthless, because even without having it equipped you couldn't hear other peoples footsteps. I'm pretty sure they made enemy footsteps louder (assuming they don't have ninja equipped!)

X360 - Nonnahob

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 18, 2010, 04:19:15 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on November 18, 2010, 03:41:47 PM

Quote from: jztemple2 on November 18, 2010, 02:40:10 PM

The ninja perk was worthless, because even without having it equipped you couldn't hear other peoples footsteps. I'm pretty sure they made enemy footsteps louder (assuming they don't have ninja equipped!)

I felt like I could hear others footsteps, especially with ninja equipped since my own footsteps went from sounding like I was stomping through the jungle as loud as I could down to almost nothing. It will be interesting to hear the difference now that it's been tweaked.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: November 18, 2010, 04:29:07 PM »

Even if someone is sprinting I can barely hear them. In previous titles I practically had a proximity sensor and x-ray vision. I'd be happy with a middle ground because right now my close quarters game sucks. I really need those footsteps to counteract my sloth-like old man reflexes.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: November 18, 2010, 08:01:55 PM »

I'm not normally a shotgun guy, but, the silenced spas-12 is very fun!

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: