http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 05:55:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Call Of Duty W@W..new Makin map now available  (Read 974 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2009, 04:44:07 PM »

didnt even know this was coming,i was looking on the marketplace for new stuff,which i do nearly everyday..and there it was

Makin map
daytime
68mb
FREE!!!!

so go get icon_biggrin

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 04:45:25 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 26, 2009, 04:44:07 PM

didnt even know this was coming,i was looking on the marketplace for new stuff,which i do nearly everyday..and there it was

Makin map
daytime
68mb
FREE!!!!

so go get icon_biggrin

to bad Makin sucks  icon_wink  I was wondering if this would be part of the upcoming map pack or seperate- it's been out for the PC version for a few weeks.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 04:52:40 PM »

oh i hadnt heard anything about it,has the PC version got any other maps the 360 version doesnt have?

and yeah i hate Makin as well,i am hoping it plays better at day....and maybe not get as spawn killed as much at the small temple spawn icon_cry

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 04:53:31 PM »

I don't get it? I've been playing Makin on 360 since I got the game. And I actually like it.

Is this Makin 2 or the same map released for ...?!?!?  retard  Oh it's day time!

Neat!
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 06:10:51 PM »

I love Makin. I get my highest K:D ratios on this map. I call it the "score booster".
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 11:02:53 AM »

Besides the new map, the game has been patched. According to this list of updates included in the patch, all known map exploits have been fixed.

Also of interest is that supposedly they have addressed the issue of Bouncing Betties going off when a player is in range but on the other side of a solid wall. Cool  slywink

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 01:32:01 PM »

It's funny. When I first started playing there were tons of glitchers but over time fewer and fewer people were using them.  Glad they patched them out though.
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 01:49:25 PM »

My brother and I played for almost 3 hrs last night and although we had DL'ed Makin Day, it never one time came up for play online. Weird.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 02:16:26 PM »

Quote from: jblank on February 27, 2009, 01:49:25 PM

My brother and I played for almost 3 hrs last night and although we had DL'ed Makin Day, it never one time came up for play online. Weird.

It took a couple of hours for me as well, but there are so many maps (which is nice) it does take a long time to go through the rotation. And next month there will be three more!

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 03:23:41 PM »

I got to play it once. Odd thing is that even if people don't have the map it still comes up. I wonder if they get kicked.

In any event, it has a whole different feel, but one of the drawbacks now is that snipers can see you easier....
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 03:28:50 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on February 27, 2009, 11:02:53 AM

Also of interest is that supposedly they have addressed the issue of Bouncing Betties going off when a player is in range but on the other side of a solid wall. Cool  slywink

that rocks if true.  nothing was more annoying than getting whacked by your own betty because someone ran along the other side of a wall as you're planting it.

Because I can,
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 03:51:36 PM »

Apparently when the sun rose on Makin, the tide went out.  No more deep water by the beach.  It also appears that they moved in the fences, but I won't swear to that one. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 03:58:01 PM »

# Improved squad functionality.

Do we know what that entails? Disappointed that there wasn't a bullet point for "implemented CoD4 respawn method".

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 04:47:08 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on February 27, 2009, 03:58:01 PM

Do we know what that entails? Disappointed that there wasn't a bullet point for "implemented CoD4 respawn method".

I don't know what "implemented CoD4 respawn method" entails, but last night I saw some HORRIFIC spawn camping and spawn placement. Many times, people on my teams, including myself, would spawn in the middle of a firefight, in front of the enemy, and pinned down. Also, I saw a few instances where the enemy seemed to catch on to our spawn locations and you couldn't even take a step before getting killed. My brother, not one to complain about much in the game, noticed the spawning being much worse last night also.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 05:01:48 PM »

Huh, I played for a couple hours after patching yesterday and didn't notice any real changes to spawning. Every one in a while you spawned in a bad place or near the enemy, but much more often it was in some relative safety. CoDWaW has always been criticized for the spawning locations and everyone has a horror story or two, but it didn't seem any better or worse than before.

Regarding the new Makin Daytime map, they did say they adjusted parts of the map, so the fences may indeed have been moved.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 05:02:11 PM »

Quote from: jblank on February 27, 2009, 04:47:08 PM

Quote from: Teggy on February 27, 2009, 03:58:01 PM

I don't know what "implemented CoD4 respawn method" entails, but last night I saw some HORRIFIC spawn camping and spawn placement. Many times, people on my teams, including myself, would spawn in the middle of a firefight, in front of the enemy, and pinned down. Also, I saw a few instances where the enemy seemed to catch on to our spawn locations and you couldn't even take a step before getting killed. My brother, not one to complain about much in the game, noticed the spawning being much worse last night also.

it means you don't respawn at random areas on the map and generally you will have a 'base' for respawning.  IIRC in CoD4 everyone on the same team generally respawned in the same area, usually on one end of the map, and not in the middle of it or in the middle of gunfights unless the enemy team was attempting to camp your spawn.

Because I can,
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 05:03:55 PM »

there is no difference in the spawning on any of the previous maps.

regarding cod5 spawns sometimes the cluster spawning of cod4 works and sometimes it doens't.  seems very inconsistant just like the streaks are as well.  sometimes using dogs gets you dogs and sometimes it doesn't. 
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2009, 05:12:30 PM »

I had the whole enemy team- LITERALLY- the whole enemy team spawn right behind me last night. I saw it on recon plane and just waited to die. I did half a second later.

Did a couple of cod4 matches over lunch. The speed of that game seems significantly faster than W@W and takes some getting use dto.
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2009, 02:23:27 AM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on February 27, 2009, 05:12:30 PM

I had the whole enemy team- LITERALLY- the whole enemy team spawn right behind me last night. I saw it on recon plane and just waited to die. I did half a second later.

Did a couple of cod4 matches over lunch. The speed of that game seems significantly faster than W@W and takes some getting use dto.

Yeah, we saw that several times last night also. Weird!!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: